Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Dirk the Average posted:

The thing about the description that really terrifies me is the potential prospect of having to equip every floor at once with a deck. That would make a lot of sense as to why folks tend to gravitate towards singleton decks - it's a lot easier to make duplicate decks when you have more of a given card to work with.

It'd also require some librarians to be given "suboptimal" keypages. Then again, maybe you can just have one immortal Yesod floor and wipe out everyone after their floor gets destroyed?
Nah, people gravitate towards Singleton because it's both powerful and, most importantly, really easy to build. You don't need to worry about card draw, which is pretty hard to get right as a beginner, since Will of the Prescript and Multislash do it for you. You don't need to worry about card ratios (do I put in two of this or three of that to make them more common to draw?) because you only use one copy of everything. You don't need to worry about which cards to pick over others because you've got enough room in your deck to just shove in everything that looks good. Hell it also lets you understand the game faster because you're using a wide variety of cards rather than just one or two so you can understand which cards perform better through hands-on experience.

And by the time Singleton stops being the objectively best strategy in the very endgame when you get other powerful drawtech cards like Will of the City and Brace Up...well, you've gotten into a habit since you've been using Singleton for like, half the game at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZCKaiser
Feb 13, 2014

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

I know about the Birds, but who is Mizu?

This bit has encompassed two entire games now :allears:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Unsurprisingly there is a modded version of The Black Silence keypage that turns Orland Furioso into a mass attack, in the style of the dashing around hitting every target type we have seen some times. It is exactly as cool as it sounds.

Also, as far as 46 decks, you obviously don't need 1 for Roland, Gebura or Binah, and in theory you don't need one for the rest of Gebura's floor, since one of the "best" playstyles for that floor is to have Gebura eat everyone else to power up.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
This might be the first use of Tiphereth in…how long? Since her Realization? A Sad Clown strategy might also relieve the deck building pressure since no one else’s assistant librarians will need to be optimized to lose clashes.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

The thread has spoken, and not one soul was surprised. We're doing Binah Realization next.