Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021
Was that Disco Elysium inspired art I saw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
The Knight of Despair fight taught me that sometimes it's better to just let an enemy page go through without clashing it. I didn't make decks with enough sustainability, so I had to pick my clashes carefully, usually not bothering to block a page unless it had the percent-based damage. It was not an easy fight for me to win. Thank god for Wedge Office cards!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Oh wow, Sweepers are winning by eleven votes, with the runner up being the fourth option instead of The Train. Count me surprised.

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

I'm surprised the coded message is winning over the four !!!! option. Don't we want to make TeeQueue suffer? :v:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

GilliamYaeger posted:

Oh wow, Sweepers are winning by eleven votes, with the runner up being the fourth option instead of The Train. Count me surprised.

I think it might be a combination of TQ trying to predict people's votes kicking in the "You can't tell me what to do!" instinct, and people wanting to know what the Deal is with Sweepers.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

MetaMeme posted:

I think about Tiphereth and KoD sometimes

:smith:

On a slightly lighter (and completely unrelated) note, it looks like Disco Elysium is 2/3rds off on Steam at the moment if anyone is interested.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

MetaMeme posted:

I think about Tiphereth and KoD sometimes

This thread is so good, all the art is so good. But this one hit me in a way I was not prepared for.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

GilliamYaeger posted:

It's a familiar faces after all. Same reason why people are drawn toward Abnormality fights.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Even barring the fact that Tiphereth's floor is slightly behind in most cases, the problem I had with it is that I find the abnormality pages just... awkward. It reminds me of Malkuth, where so many of them are very specific effects that are decently edge-case. Only that Tiphereth is coming in late so we don't even have familiarity bias to work with.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

I appreciate that KoD does Pale damage. Ruina doesn't generally have the Lobcorp damage types but the little nods are nice.

Alectai
Dec 31, 2008

It doesn't matter how long I live, I will never have a hat as dashing as this.

Tenebrais posted:

Don't these girls know when you all have thematic symbols you're supposed to be a team??

Generally speaking, LobCorp didn't like having full matched set Abnormalities in the same facility.

You saw why with the Birb Trio.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Keldulas posted:

Even barring the fact that Tiphereth's floor is slightly behind in most cases, the problem I had with it is that I find the abnormality pages just... awkward. It reminds me of Malkuth, where so many of them are very specific effects that are decently edge-case. Only that Tiphereth is coming in late so we don't even have familiarity bias to work with.

It wouldn't surprise me if abnormality pages were designed based on what made sense for the abnormality to do, with synergy concerns not factoring in at all.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Alectai posted:

Generally speaking, LobCorp didn't like having full matched set Abnormalities in the same facility.

You saw why with the Birb Trio.

Funnily enough, there's another set of Abnormalities that gets an extra addition in Wonderlab where a bunch of them freeing at once is a Bad Idea: In addition to Scarecrow Searching For Wisdom and Warm-Hearted Woodsman, it added Dorothy and Cowardly Lion-based Abnormalities.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Marluxia posted:

I'm surprised the coded message is winning over the four !!!! option. Don't we want to make TeeQueue suffer? :v:
I don't expect any of those fights to pose any serious problem to TeeQueue, regardless of the arbitrary number of exclamation marks assigned.

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021
Knight of Despair is by far my favorite Abnormality from LobCorp. Even if she didn't give a basically-required E.G.O. Suit, I'd pick her up everytime just to stare at her beautiful design.

Junpei posted:

I think it might be a combination of TQ trying to predict people's votes kicking in the "You can't tell me what to do!" instinct, and people wanting to know what the Deal is with Sweepers.

This is definitely it. Well, not for me, I'm picking fights based on bias. But as a whole, this is definitely it.

Mecha_Face
Dec 17, 2016
Oh. Oh. I don’t know if it was explained before, and I just missed it, but now how weird Dimi was acting when they were the last one standing makes sense. Christ, now you’ve done it. You’ve gone and made me feel sorry for DIMI. How could you do this to me?

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

Mecha_Face posted:

Oh. Oh. I don’t know if it was explained before, and I just missed it, but now how weird Dimi was acting when they were the last one standing makes sense. Christ, now you’ve done it. You’ve gone and made me feel sorry for DIMI. How could you do this to me?

On a related note is Omni just fully aware of the resurrection mechanics in a way the other nuggets aren't? Their pleading with KoD at the end seemed to imply that they know death in the Library is meaningless, even mid-combat. Or as an Abnormality fight, does this not count as a Reception for the purpose of sealing those memories?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Ariamaki posted:

On a related note is Omni just fully aware of the resurrection mechanics in a way the other nuggets aren't? Their pleading with KoD at the end seemed to imply that they know death in the Library is meaningless, even mid-combat. Or as an Abnormality fight, does this not count as a Reception for the purpose of sealing those memories?

The second one. Abnormalities aren't guests, so since both are undying, the definition of 'fairness' changes.

Or so I figure, anyways. :shrug:

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

Your Everyday NEET posted:

I don't think you could get Keypage with Ineffective resistance. Most mid-late Gold Keypage gives you exactly 2 Endured Resistance.

By this point, I think we can guess the theme of Tiphereth's Abnormality.

I believe this is the first time we see Roland's real self. It's pretty chilling hearing Roland's depressive monotone way of speaking after hearing his casual tone for so long.

Not quite, Malkuth's Fairy Festival conversation has a slip at the end too. It's for only a single line mind you, so you could miss it.

It's funny to me that Tiphereth is the "kid", so to speak, because of how involved she is in the minutiae of the Library. She's the one authoritatively discussing how the library works with Roland. The lower layer were more concerned with the interpersonal conflict, so their conversations revolved around that more. Though I suppose on Roland for his part is more directly asking about those subjects with Tiphereth.

Malacante
Oct 13, 2021

Mecha_Face posted:

This seemed like one of the hardest things to write around without prematurely revealing it or making the nuggets seem insane.

Then again, that may have been helped by the average sanity value being pretty low to begin with :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

The thread has spoken, and we're going to the far left node.

Time to see what all those crazy numbers were about, I guess!

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Jeez, I didn't say I was the only one with a duty, silly! I just said that I was born into it.
That's right, you're looking at a bonafide princess~ Those baldies at home didn't want me so close to the front lines, but evil never sleeps, y'know?
I can honestly say I'm proud to be part of the greatest team of Magical Girls in the universe! I admire them all really deeply, and not to brag... But we're SUPER tight knit~
They stuck with me through thick and thin, all the way to the bitter end!
Wait... The... end...? Why'd I say the end...
That can't be right... I'm still here, aren't I...? Why are they wearing such sad faces...
Yeah... That's it... They were with me always...

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

ShyGuy1231 posted:

Was that Disco Elysium inspired art I saw?

It's based off the other one i posted three months ago but thanks for noticing

excellent art as always NB thanks for counter-balacing the immediate melodrama my mind goes to when seeing magical girls

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

MetaMeme posted:

It's based off the other one i posted three months ago but thanks for noticing

excellent art as always NB thanks for counter-balacing the immediate melodrama my mind goes to when seeing magical girls

I like it and I want to see more.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

ShyGuy1231 posted:

I like it and I want to see more.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The fanart is top tier. I also appreciate how they gave her "pale" damage. I wonder if any guests will have a similar effect, or it will stay as an abnormality only thing.

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021

Mecha_Face posted:

Wait, I feel like I've missed something, why are we feeling sorry for Dimi...?

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg

PinkDawn posted:

Wait, I feel like I've missed something, why are we feeling sorry for Dimi...?

There was a fight earlier where everyone but Dimi was wiped out, piece by piece, mostly because of Dimi's own bad decisions.
And in the battles, nuggets are not aware of the respawns: As far as they know their friends and bosses dying are doing so permanently.
So that update with Dimi being dejected and downtrodden and despondent over their teammates biting it?
That was their genuine emotion, not a play put on for the guests or whatever.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
It was really ImIdiot, Dimi's deck was subpar but functional.

Starbridge64
Jun 5, 2013
Gonna enjoy the Anime Squad's interactions with Tiph's floor. :allears:

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021

Ariamaki posted:

There was a fight earlier where everyone but Dimi was wiped out, piece by piece, mostly because of Dimi's own bad decisions.
And in the battles, nuggets are not aware of the respawns: As far as they know their friends and bosses dying are doing so permanently.
So that update with Dimi being dejected and downtrodden and despondent over their teammates biting it?
That was their genuine emotion, not a play put on for the guests or whatever.

OH. I had completely forgot about that and failed to consider it. Thank you for clarifying!

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Book 27: Sweepers—Chapter 1

Music: Lobby

Time to get moving again, huh? Gotta' say, it does get a little quiet around here when we're handling those Abnormalities.

Oh, are you bored? I'm sure I could find other work for you to do.

No ma'am. The amount I have now is fine, ma'am.

Regardless, I thought I would give you some experience observing from up here.

Aren't I always doing that, though?

Then this should be no trouble at all.

Our target today is the far left node, which requires the books from Kurokumo in order to send.

VIDEO
Music: StoryAlley

The Sweepers speak in numbers, making it impossible to parse what they're saying.

I know what some of you are thinking: Maybe there's a discernable code or something?

Nope, it's all 100% random digits. Sweeper language is completely incomprehensible.

05043…

Wait. I can promptly translate their speech as long as it has the form of a language.

Wha, seriously? You can make sense out of those few sentences AND decode a whole language from them?

I’m that capable.

Music: StoryAlley

Thankfully, Angela is a perfect AI. If not, this cutscene would be perfectly timed for April 1st. :v:

I know. I know that we have fewer and fewer places to properly dine at with our families.

I hear that the families who dine at the Nest of L Corp. are recently having a hard time seeing what is in front of them because of the mist covering the area. I hear that some families even get lost in the fog and fail to leave.

Why… are we not… letting Mother know…

If Mother knows, she will wage an all-out war against the Index. We are not certain enough to risk losing our families to battle.

If it is true that the Index truly has betrayed us, and if Mother is too late to realize their treachery… Many of our families will starve. They will slowly die out.

Less food… means Mother… will have… difficulty… fostering… new family members…

We all have our own homes, our own families, and our own children. I am not advocating neglect. I am simply saying that we need to practice caution.

I know! I know that those incidents all happened at night! I know that our presence is not as powerful as before! I know that we have lost our dominance over the nighttime of this Nest. Mother should be aware as well. We know that we need more space to use as our den.

We will only lose more of our dens if we get involved in bigger conflicts. If we were to engage in a full-fledged battle against the Index, we will have even less time in our hands. We must make it through, on our own.

What will we possibly do.

I know that the Library has the books of those who worked for the Thumb and the Index.<

Have you received its invitation?

I have. With this, we can confirm if the Index truly has turned its back on Mother and our families. Moreover, this will help us relieve the hardships of our families dining at Nest L.

If we… are not… too late… by then… that is…

I understand what you mean, uncle.

Let us call our neighbors. Let us head to the Library together. Let us tell our children to lock the doors and not let strangers in before we leave. Let us as parents protect our Mother, our neighbors, our family, and our children with our own hands.

They have the capacity to collectively go somewhere with a clear purpose at a time that isn’t night? And talk so fluently?

That’s funny. I expected them to be a little coarser.

I once got an interpreter to try to talk to ‘em before. I thought they could only speak in jumbled words back then. But boy oh boy, look at them using complete sentences. And they’re so talkative with each other, too… That means the interpreter I paid an arm and a leg for was a total scam and a rip-off.

Are the Sweepers all composed of family members?

It’s probably just a symbolic term they chose to forge bonds between each other. I doubt they’re actually families by blood. It’s metaphorical like the titles most other Syndicates use.

I heard they kidnap children from the Outskirts and the Backstreets.

I don’t really suggest looking too deep into Sweepers. They’re all over the Backstreets and the Outskirts. And I don’t think they have much to do with the freedom you’re looking for, anyway.

Music: Entrance

This is the place the scum of the Backstreets have been rattling on about.

We… did not… expect… to come… to the Library ourselves…

Greetings. …Are you our family?

There’s no way I am, now is there?

However… you speak… in the language… of our family…

We can speak with other members of our family.

I try to talk to the guests on their level these days, as you can see.

I am impressed. This is surprising. Behold, neighbors. The Library is not like any other place.

I know. This is the first time we are having a real conversation with someone who is not our family.

Family… is important… It is not… horrid…

We apologize. We are simply here to take the books we desire. And in regards to the mist covering this Nest… Do you know anything about it?

You’ll find out when you read the books, no?

That is true. All we want is to acquire the books we want to find. We will be satisfied.

Fine. May you find your book in this place.

Next time, on Library of Ruina: There's nothing stronger than family.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Dammit.

What are you two doing?

We're trying to find new research materials. It's been ten years out here, so there's go to be something…

But none of the guests we've seen so far seem to really watch what we're looking for.

That makes sense. You two are weirdos, after all.

It's not weird, it's preparation! There's still at least one more magical girl, and we need to be ready for her.

Not to mention how applicable it's been in our combats so far. Enemies don't know how to deal with the style and flair we use.

Then why do you wait until after the enemy's dead to pose?

Tradition.

Uh… huh.

How about this: Once we find something new, you can watch it with us and we can see what we can get out of it. That way, you can see exactly how important it really is.

Just because I've decided to accept this farce doesn't mean I want to join in.

But you have accepted it.

That's not nothing!

It's… provisional.

I've provisionally accepted you! So you'd better not screw up!

Yes ma'am! Thank you, ma'am!

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

Three sweepers deserve three edits, don'cha think?

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Sweepers talk about Index betraying them as if they had a truce or alliance. And Index sent Carnival after them, and Proxy, which I believe was mentioned first time, attacked them directly. It seems that Index is into backstabbing business. Most tragic: even if they get the books, only useful information would be "yes, Index did betray you."

Puppeteer was alluded to before in Rats receprion (if "a guy who skewers and threads people alive to turn them into dolls" is not Puppeteer, I'll eat my hat). What is interesting, he wears clothes with the same symbol as on Tanya's new suit. So, we can assume they are in the same gang.

Roland, you paid for this interpeter twice as much, of course you get better service!
I find mental image of Angela speaking the language of Sweepers funny. I do not know, why.
Angela is jealous of other artificially created creatures having better relationships with others than she has.
Overall, I like Sweepers. They seem nice and pleasant to speak with 1360 minutes per day.

MiiNiPaa fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Apr 1, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Given that the Sweepers were an Ordeal in LC, what do you think the Sweepers will be about mechanically via cards and passives, blind watchers?

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
So the incomprehensible horrors that scour the Backstreets every night are actually some of the nicest people in the City. Go figure. And getting caught by the Sweepers appears to be one of the least horrific fates for an abandoned kid in the City, since getting turned into a Sweeper yourself doesn't seem to be that bad? Sure you're turned into a slasher movie villain, but at least you'll have people who genuinely give a poo poo about your wellbeing if these three are anything to go by. It's certainly better than, say, getting your organs harvested by Rats or being eaten by cannibals.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Sweepers lives matter. Even if they feed themselves by murdering people in the night.

I really like the main outfit of the main bad guys. It's really cool. It's also pretty easy to cosplay. Get a dress shirt, blue tie, black pants, black suit jacket. Sew the insignia on the left shoulder part of the suit jacket. And voila, you become the newest member of the bad guy band. That outfit can also be used for office wear.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

MiiNiPaa posted:

Sweepers talk about Index betraying them as if they had a truce or alliance. And Index sent Carnival after them, and Proxy, which I believe was mentioned first time, attacked them directly. It seems that Index is into backstabbing business. Most tragic: even if they get the books, only useful information would be "yes, Index did betray you."

Puppeteer was alluded to before in Rats receprion (if "a guy who skewers and threads people alive to turn them into dolls" is not Puppeteer, I'll eat my hat). What is interesting, he wears clothes with the same symbol as on Tanya's new suit. So, we can assume they are in the same gang.

Roland, you paid for this interpeter twice as much, of course you get better service!

"Yes, Index betrayed you" is exactly what they're looking for - they're ready to gear up for a costly war with the Index and wanted to be sure they're going against the right target.

And of course Angela's a good interpreter, she cost him an arm and a leg!

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Tenebrais posted:

And of course Angela's a good interpreter, she cost him an arm and a leg!
No, no, no, the quack interpreter cost an arm and a leg. Angela cost him both arms and legs.

Junpei posted:

Given that the Sweepers were an Ordeal in LC, what do you think the Sweepers will be about mechanically via cards and passives, blind watchers?
A reminder that Sweepers in LC were to consume bodies for health, but it was bugged and didn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

MiiNiPaa posted:

A reminder that Sweepers in LC were to consume bodies for health, but it was bugged and didn't work.

That one worked. The thing that didn't work was that their normal attacks were supposed to drain health (but wound up hurting themselves instead).

But given that they were cognitive duplicates and closer to Abnormalities than actual Sweepers, who can really say. Lord knows the Fixers aren't much like the White Ordeals. :shrug: