Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Cooked Auto posted:

Woop woop! Pull up. Woop woop! Pull up.
- LobCorp Abridged, Day 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Theantero posted:

I feel this derail has outlived its welcome.

All the tangents so far mostly last until the next update, it just so happened that this one happened to align with TQ's weekend. Next updates an abno anyway, the new nugget will steal the art spotlight unless they're like Gaia and I can't think of a decent joke

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Please Do Not gently caress The Robots

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

MetaMeme posted:

All the tangents so far mostly last until the next update, it just so happened that this one happened to align with TQ's weekend. Next updates an abno anyway, the new nugget will steal the art spotlight unless they're like Gaia and I can't think of a decent joke

That assumes we get Yesod's final Librarian at the end of the fourth Abno update. Malkuth didn't get hers until the start of the Realization battles (two updates after her fourth Abno).

We should probably get ready for a wait.

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.

NullBlack posted:

That assumes we get Yesod's final Librarian at the end of the fourth Abno update. Malkuth didn't get hers until the start of the Realization battles (two updates after her fourth Abno).

We should probably get ready for a wait.

Okay, I do NOT trust anything coming from a grill in the vicinity of Mr.Black. He might try to slip in some of his "specialty" meats. I prefer my meats to strictly come from a chicken, a pig, a cow, or at a stretch a fish.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

Chaosbrain posted:

Okay, I do NOT trust anything coming from a grill in the vicinity of Mr.Black. He might try to slip in some of his "specialty" meats. I prefer my meats to strictly come from a chicken, a pig, a cow, or at a stretch a fish.

I will not stand for such slander against Mr. Black's character. Whether he is a cannibal or not is immaterial; what has Mr. Black done to suggest that he would tamper with his friends' and colleagues' dinners, or force them to eat something they did not wish to eat?

EDIT:VVVVV

MarmaladeSkies posted:

I trust D.A.D. to veto anything I can’t pretend is pork.
um, are you acquainted with long pork?

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 17, 2022

MarmaladeSkies
Jun 16, 2022

MarmaladeSkies
Jun 16, 2022

NullBlack posted:

I will not stand for such slander against Mr. Black's character. Whether he is a cannibal or not is immaterial; what has Mr. Black done to suggest that he would tamper with his friends' and colleagues' dinners, or force them to eat something they did not wish to eat?

It’s not that I think Mr. Black would deliberately tamper with others’ food, it’s that I think he might not even think to separate the pork from the long pork, as it were.

quote:

EDIT:VVVVV

um, are you acquainted with long pork?

I used that word for a reason :p

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

NullBlack posted:

I just wanna grill for Head's sake! I don't know what the throughline was here either

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

and then some index jerk ganks you anyways because one of those thems meant the hammers, not the people

TheDoomkitten
Jun 11, 2022

Angela did nothing wrong.

MarmaladeSkies posted:

they probably would, but also they would play along with the bit and be insufferable about ominously alluding to cannibalism until everyone starts groaning and telling them to stop

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
It's all made of Light anyway since everyone is stuck in the Library and everyone from the outside is getting turned into books. So who really cares at this point; it's basically just different flavors of meat. Try the snake, or the bear, or the kangaroo, or the dodo, or some goddamn t-rex if that's what you want.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Technological Sciences—220.68—Funeral of the Dead Butterflies

Music: Lobby

Leave the offense to me.

Yesod's Bamboo-hatted Kim deck is now updated for Charge, and while 1 Leap and 1 To Overcome Crisis won't manage to handle all the draw power we'll need in a longer fight (we'd want a second Leap to do that), it should be fine so long as we keep the fight short.

Honestly, seems like we could leave the offense to all of us. Did you make any defensive decks, kiddo?

Handlock Yujin is still good, and will remain so for the immediate future.

Noope… The best deefense is your enemy being deead..!

Because Overcharge is 2/3rds Piercing, it works well on Oscar's page. Unrelenting will protect us if anything goes horribly wrong. We don't have any way to spend charge on her, but we don't really need one, either.

I couldn't agree more, fellow human. They miss 100% of the shots they can't take because we murdered them!

Singularity Puppets, now with Ripple for extra oomph—it's a Blunt die so it works perfectly, and Energy Cycle gives just enough Charge to give us the extra bonus.

It's time.

So you've prepared yourselves.

Of course.

I am not a fan of the tension when they speak.

Just try not to think about it.

I'll transfer you now, then.

SNAP

Music: AbnormalityBattle01

Oh, you… they never let me work on this one, for some reason.

That's because you were always too powerful to do it; you'd have triggered a breakout.

True, true. It would've been a grave oversight otherwise. :mmmhmm:

It seems this Abnormality isn't a fan of your style of humor.

Can't please everyone, I guess.

Funeral of the Dead Butterflies posted:

Long ago, people believed that they would become beautiful beings with small wings when they died.

A single coffin to pay tribute to those who had nowhere to go, carrying the memory of an empty faith…

I’ll help liberate you from tormenting yourselves.

For you poor souls who cannot stop grieving… I offer my condolences.

Not a single proper flower blooms to honor the butterflies.

Funeral's game plan involves focus-firing down the person with the fewest HP (in this case, D.A.D.), and attempting to Seal them.

Seal locks off our Speed Dice, lowering our overall number of moves in a turn. If all of our Speed Dice get sealed on a Librarian, then they're instantly Staggered—by the same token, if we manage to Seal all of the Speed Dice of an enemy, they'll be Staggered instead. In the event that it manages to Stagger one of our Librarians, Funeral then follows up with a Mass Attack page.

Given that this is certain death for the Staggered Librarian, we want to avoid it. It does come with its own set of lines, though.

Funeral of the Dead Butterflies posted:

Where does one go when they die?

Grief for the dead, and early lament for the living.

An eternal rest… May you rest in peace.

While we're here, we should also check on the Butterflies helping it out.

There are four Kaleidoscope of Butterflies accompanying the Funeral, and like it they also target the lowest HP member. Drawing them off will be important to keep them from getting overwhelmed and Lament'd.

Liberation from Obsession is a basic attack from the Kaleidoscopes that can deal 5 Bind with its last die. Since forcing clashes is important due to how their AI works, this is one of the few fights where getting hit by Bind is a serious problem.

Liberation from Anger, meanwhile, is a single-die attack that deals 5 Feeble if it hits, completely neutering our offensive dice. For the most part, the Kaleidoscopes deal in debuffing our side to open us up to the Funeral's attacks.

Into Comfort and Guiding Hand are the main two attacks Funeral of the Dead Butterflies uses in combat. Both of them are Ranged combat pages with an opening die that Seals one of our Speed Dice if it wins, and one of its Speed Dice if we win.

Into Comfort's opening die is bigger, but with a Mend Weapon as Kaori's other attack both of them are rolling with a 5-9 range. Yesod's attack is a 7-12 after all the Kim page's bonuses, making his clash nearly guaranteed.

The assistance is appreciated.

We stand together, or we fall together. That's the way I prefer to operate.

I feel funnyy… Look out for those shoots..!

Because the Speed Die this first attack seals is the one Kaori is currently using, she loses her follow-up attack.

I've got it covered, Kaori. Thank you.

Pardon me if I'm off base here, but humans do not turn into butterflies when they die, yes?

I recall us turning into books.

Well, yes, but our situation is also not a normal one. I mean, usually.

Depends on what's doing the killing, really.

Sweepers liquify people, chefs make them into pies and other delicacies, the various Singularities seem to be able to do things even worse than that… honestly, leaving a normal corpse behind is a mercy. No reason one of them couldn't turn you into butterflies.

I thiink the question was moore… 'is this noormal…' So, noo…

While we're on the subject, its butterflies do seem to be attracted to corpses.

Which explains why they're so fixated on me. :rolleyes:

At least the reeal target's looking at mee..!

That's not much better, but we'll take it.

When one of our allies is sealed, the Funeral will focus its attacks on them in order to try and force an instant Stagger.

We will be preventing this, of course.

All of the Kaleidoscopes are using Tranquility, a page with three weak dice that all deal an extra 5 Stagger damage on hit. By themselves they aren't a major threat, so we split them up with multi-die pages.

Remember not to overdo it. If you get winded, let us know.

No deck of mine would eever get tired so fast..!

You never know.

I didn't even hit it and it's wide open…

Because Seal stacks activate instantly and only clear at the end of turn, it's possible to either Stagger or be Staggered by Funeral with one stack from last turn and one from the current turn.

The others don't have much trouble with the butterfly swarms.

Any good 3-attack page is capable of stopping a trio of 2-4 dice, and the Kaleidoscopes don't have any form of Strength to back them up. These are only really dangerous if we can't block them or were hit by their Feeble.

D.A.D. even manages to take one out in the process.

Seems we only have to worry about his minions this turn.

One of the Kaleidoscopes is playing the final page that they have—Liberation from Pain is their 2-die attack, and it deals Disarm to debuff our Defensive dice. There's also one last page that Funeral can play, as well.

The Quiet is its 0-cost option, which it plays almost exclusively when it's out of Light and needs a second page—it vastly prefers Sealing dice when it can. We won't be seeing it today.

D.A.D, I recall Funeral of the Dead Butterflies to be relatively weak defensively when we had to suppress it.

I remember the same thing. You wanna' ask if it's fine to go all out, right?

Precisely.

Let's pin this thing under glass. If I get hit a couple times, it won't matter.

Appreciated.

In honor of the occasion, Kaori breaks out her Overcharge. While it does cost her her entire next turn after use…

Hahaa..!

That doesn't matter if there isn't a next turn. :getin:

I've done what I can. Hurry up while I keep these butterflies off me.

I'm hurrying! Give it your all, human!

I think I've got another three seconds or so!

That's plenty of time.

Suppression complete. Any injuries?

Nah. Those butterfly swarms followed the main one to the end.

They are vaanquished..!

I admit, I'd expected more of a fight.

It had the potential for power, but was ultimately too weak to capitalize.

The Funeral of the Dead Butterflies falls into the same camp as many Urban Nightmare Abnormality Battles: It's really cool in theory and has an interesting gimmick, but once UN's deck archetypes start coming together they're too fragile to keep up with our raw damage output.

Music: Lobby

Are you all well?

In one piece, yeah.

Then let's go see Angela immediately. Given the fallout with Malkuth's floor, I think it best that we take the initiative.

We're beating her up?!

We're picking up the newbie.

New fight, new Abnormality pages!

Eternal Rest is a straight damage buff to the lowest HP target, making it primarily good in single-enemy combats. It's never really a bad pick, but compared to the Power buffs we can get from other Level 2 Abnormality pages there's frequently other pages that are more immediately relevant to winning the game.

Lament is an interesting Abnormality page. It's easy to throw out debuffs using Yesod's floor thanks to Metallic Ringing, so the damage bonus is simple to activate. More interesting is the second part, though: That 1-2 Strength can be turned on with something as simple as that 0-cost Urban Plague Light Restoration's 1 self Bleed… But again, it winds up being a case of having better options available in almost every situation. Yesod's Abnormality pages are pretty nuts.

Now, Coffin… Coffin is a Level 3 Abnormality page, so it only comes up at or near the very end of a fight… but when it comes up, it effectively lets us pick a single opponent and lop off two of their actions every turn once they hit half HP. This is obscenely powerful, and can trivialize some fights later on by effectively cutting the boss's Hit Points in half. It's an amazing pick for right now for any fight that somehow lasts long enough against Yesod's beatdown mechanics to get to Emotion Level 5.

Yesod? I was considering coming to see you soon. It's nearly time.

I know. That's why we're here to pick up the new Librarian.

I see. They should already be reconstituted by now… Somewhere around here.

You lost track of them?

I had other work to attend to. Babysitting your helpers is not my job.

Hey, ma'am… I noticed this guy hiding behind the bookshelves. This who you're talking about?

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we thought it best to monitor the situation before moving.

I don't recognize them. Angela, is this one ours?

…Ah. So that was what happened to them. Yes, Yesod. They're ours.

Don't suppose we could get an explanation, could we..?

We couldn't really say, aside that our existence in this form is relatively recent.

Angela.

Don't rush me. I'm trying to think of how to best explain it.

Normally you'd have one already prepared.

As you'll recall, before Roland appeared I had run into some trouble with receiving guests. Plan A was to have you Sephirot do it… but you were asleep. This one was originally plan B.

So they're another employee from before. But weren't you refusing to deal with them?

That's correct. That's why instead of bringing back one of their workers, I opted to try reviving a pair of Clerks from the Information Team—Nu11, and Mu14. However, they were both left mentally incompete and suffered immediate breakdowns.

If you greeted them anything like me, I can see why…

It appears that when their energy ran out, they were taken in by The Funeral of the Dead Butterflies, an Abnormality whose task it is to give rest to employees.

From there, when we regained ourselves we were in this form. Neither Nu11 nor Mu14. Our new designation is Null_Mia. Technically 'Null_Muia,' but we decided that sounded wrong.

So the screaming and glimpses of people that tapered off a while ago…

Were most likely us, yes.

Melding half-formed minds in order to make something greater… How brilliant! I for one would love to study y—I mean, fight by your side in a standard human manner!

I see… In that case, we'll take our leave.

I will visit your floor to check on your progress once I make the time. Until then.

Kaori.

Siir..?

Tweak our armaments for a drawn-out battle. We may not see a repeat of Malkuth's meeting… but it's best that we be prepared.

Ookaay..!

We would also like to see this combat system. Could you walk us through it?

Suure..!

Next time, on Library of Ruina

You've seen one of these already… doing them will only make attaining our goal harder. It's fine to let things be.

The best key page in the chapter is still right here, ripe for the taking.

Or why not here? Justice for the Shi Association. There's no need to suffer.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jun 19, 2022

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

ah, so now we have a nugget from the fanart singularity, excellent

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Well then.

Also: congrats on joining the crew, you two

Tenebrais fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jun 18, 2022

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I can say with some certainty that I was not expecting Nullblack and MeteMeme's potential agents to get The Fly'd.

Evil Kit fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 18, 2022

MarmaladeSkies
Jun 16, 2022
I think I’m missing something. Can someone provide context, please?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

MarmaladeSkies posted:

I think I’m missing something. Can someone provide context, please?

What with Null_Mia?

NullBlack and MetaMeme have been making fanart for this thread since it started, but they weren't around for the first thread so couldn't submit nuggets for the original team (or possibly just did so too late to get used).

TeeQueue just made both of them into a new nugget.

MarmaladeSkies
Jun 16, 2022
I see! That’s damned neat, and I do believe congratulations are in order.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

About the posters or about what it means to get The Fly'd? Guess I'll cover The Fly part.

As for getting The Fly'd, well. You could just google it, but basically it's an old horror film where scientists experiment with teleportation and a fly slips into the teleportation chamber with the human and... The Fly emerges. Half man, Half Fly.

Or in this case, half Nullblack, half MetaMeme.

MarmaladeSkies
Jun 16, 2022

Evil Kit posted:

About the posters or about what it means to get The Fly'd? Guess I'll cover The Fly part.

As for getting The Fly'd, well. You could just google it, but basically it's an old horror film where scientists experiment with teleportation and a fly slips into the teleportation chamber with the human and... The Fly emerges. Half man, Half Fly.

Or in this case, half Nullblack, half MetaMeme.

Hopefully they remain stable and don’t slowly turn from one to another. Or end up trapped in a spider web, screaming for help as the web’s owner approaches.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

We do hope to be beating up Angela soon.

Oh, good you already know about the Realization battles, then.

...Yes. Definitely. That's the reason. nothing to do with how our minds shattered and bodies died painfully twice and she put us together like two mismatched jigsaw puzzles. we're past that.

Whaaat was thaat?

Nothing important. How hard do we get have to beat her up in the Realization battle?

whether this is in or out of character for them; the opportunity could not be passed up.

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 18, 2022

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Man, I struggled waaaaaay more with this fight. Clearly I had no idea what I was doing.

Also hell yeah Realization time

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Evil Kit posted:

The Fly emerges. Half man, Half Fly.

But which one is the man, and which the fly? This is the question :v:

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Why would you pick the other option when Floor Realization are available?

I wanna rock on to the Realization Battle Theme.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

Tenebrais posted:

Also: congrats on joining the crew, you two

Evil Kit posted:

I can say with some certainty that I was not expecting Nullblack and MeteMeme's potential agents to get The Fly'd.

Thank you! I was hoping to catch people off guard when I suggested that.

While it's more a splinching union than an amorous one, I still thought it would be cute to theme it.
Something old,

Something new,

Something borrowed,

Something blue, Well, more melancholy than blue? It's a mostly a pun that made me laugh

And two of my pennies for thoughts in the shoe.

MarmaladeSkies
Jun 16, 2022
drat you art fast

Xenav
Feb 21, 2012

After what we've seen, we're going to need more than THAT to save us...

MarmaladeSkies posted:

drat you art fast

Fan Artists, some of the fastest pens on this planet.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I guess it's time for another therapy session with Angela, huh?

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

MetaMeme posted:

Something new,

so does this get me out of drawing one of the nugget portraits? who am I kidding, I'm going to do it anyway
In the mean time:

also, did you know Null_Mia can make both eyes glow independently?

emergency percussive maintenance, coming through

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
That’s a cute way to acknowledge the most enthusiastic fan artists.

So some people may be noticing that Yesod is extremely aggressive. Basically everything it does is about increasing the murder. It’s funny that the butterflies pages honestly don’t get used that much with this phenomenon, just because Yesod is flooded with strong options.

Jakeun Kangajii
Oct 3, 2021
Just last night I have completed this game. So I just wanted to say thanks for introducing me to this incredible series and I can't wait for everyone to see what happens next! Aaaaa.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
The Tier 3 Butterfly page can make certain fights, especially single-target boss fights, absolutely hilarious. They can't hit you with crazy attacks if they don't have any speed die!

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

I noticed that one special Identity to be unlocked with a milestone for Limbus Company is actually the Blade Lineage.

I was surprised that a SIDE Reception got this much emphasis.

I mean, most other Identities seem to belong to factions that are part of the main story. Such as the Warp Cleanup Crew.

Man, I hope we get to know more about them in Limbus Company.

Also, am I the only one who noticed that one Sinner bears the same name as the first Agent to die in the Let's Play of Lobotomy Corporation?

SlimeTheCrazy
Feb 21, 2022

I HAVE CHORTLES
Well, we got to the funny butterfly gun man, so to celebrate here’s a dumb picture I wanted to have had done as soon as I saw the update but it ended up being more complicated than I had first envisioned.

Anyhow, it’s a shame project moon never saw it fit to rebalance a lot of the abnos in this tier, they really get power creeped to hell the second you get a few tiers into urban nightmare. Also a shame funeral didn’t get any dialogue but, not like there was much screen time to work with.

Also grats on Metameme and Null for making it in here! Honestly, you guys deserve it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

Lunatic 0verlord posted:

Also, am I the only one who noticed that one Sinner bears the same name as the first Agent to die in the Let's Play of Lobotomy Corporation?

It's because of that shared name that Ishmael won't be resurrected for this Let's Play. TeeQueue has decreed this. So, no you're not the only one to notice.

TheDoomkitten
Jun 11, 2022

Angela did nothing wrong.
extremely late (today is 10 Consecutive Hours Of Tabletop Day so rip me) but congrats, you two! null_mia has a fantastic design, i deeply appreciate them (them plural or they/them pronouns, you decide).

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hey guys let's not talk about the unreleased third game in the franchise in the Ruina LP. Take it to the PM general thread.

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022

TeeQueue posted:

The best key page in the chapter is still right here, ripe for the taking.

So Yujin's Key Page is not the best Key Page?!

As an aside, it seems that we did not have time to make bets on the last assistant.
Which may be for the best, as we probably would've all lost again, if we did...
I do not think that any of us could've predicted Null_Mia.

I do wonder if this will become a trend with final assistants...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yujin's page is strong and certainly endgame-viable, it just has a weakness you need to account for and strategies you need to build around. Like Gilliam said, it's a thinking man's Key Page, you have to play it smartly, you can't just unga bunga with it.

Also, I'm still betting that Paul's gonna be a shoe-in for Hod's 5th but have no clue otherwise.