Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

So, uh, where were those guys hiking anyway? I highly doubt there's much wilderness in the City, so it had to be outside of it. Except I was under the impression that the City proper was surrounded by the Outskirts which are basically a giant slum that makes the Backstreets look nice by comparison. And that beyond that it's basically "Here be dragons" and no one goes there unless they're crazy or have a real reason to. Certainly not a place for a couple of corporate drones.

In Distortion Detective part of the story happens in the village in the Backstreets of District 11/K, which is inside the City far from city borders.

quote:

When I entered the town, I couldn’t believe my eyes. It’s a quiet and cozy place. And lush flowers and grass line the streets. I see houses and buildings in vibrant colors that don’t match the grey tone of the City. Brick houses that are about 2 to 3 stories tall. Wooden roof. This beauty and peace is what you’d expect in a Nest somewhere. How could a town outside of the Nest be so calm and pleasing? I know that there are many alleyways known to only few, but I have never visited a place in the Backstreets that is as snug and tranquil as this fairy-tale town. Perhaps it’s my knowledge that is shallow. Maybe there are more places like this out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
I'm streaming this game for a couple of friends, and have gotten to the earliest point where you can fight The Queen of Hatred. I thought that, since I've already beaten her, I'd have an easier time of it this time around. I was very wrong.

So, uh, where were those guys hiking anyway? I highly doubt there's much wilderness in the City, so it had to be outside of it. Except I was under the impression that the City proper was surrounded by the Outskirts which are basically a giant slum that makes the Backstreets look nice by comparison. And that beyond that it's basically "Here be dragons" and no one goes there unless they're crazy or have a real reason to. Certainly not a place for a couple of corporate drones.

To quote MrBtongue, what do they eat? Besides human flesh, I mean.

Tatters
Jan 29, 2020

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume there's at least one nature park in The City. From my limited experience with them they usually have lots of trees, big hilly areas and a handful of nice hiking trails.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

parks in the backstreets are very unlikely, given Emma and Noah were corp employees they're probably walking around in a Nest which is supposed to be the nice area, even if Noah actually doesn't live there.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
I dunno, I just felt like everything we've seen of the City so far was dense urban construction so I figured any sizeable piece of land would be way too valuable to turn into something like a park, let alone one big enough to get lost in. That and there's the "Location: Deep in a Mountain Trail" in the opening scene that doesn't make it sound like a park.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

I dunno, I just felt like everything we've seen of the City so far was dense urban construction so I figured any sizeable piece of land would be way too valuable to turn into something like a park, let alone one big enough to get lost in. That and there's the "Location: Deep in a Mountain Trail" in the opening scene that doesn't make it sound like a park.
Yes, a mountain trail in a city is weird, but which is weirder, someone with power deciding they're going to have a mountain forest god damnit, or two Feathers deciding to schlep through the Backstreets and the Outskirts to go for a hike, and not get loving murdered in the process? We've only seen a fraction of the City, and we're told many times that Wings and their districts all have their unique quirks

EnragedBullfrog
Feb 15, 2014
They also do work for a Wing, which is as prestigious as prestigious gets. I feel like it tracks that they'd have access to something as pointlessly grandiose as an entire mountain trail for Wing employees to recreationally go for walks on.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
And here I thought Employee Satisfaction was the one thing that all Wings skimped out on because they hate spending money on anything unessential.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Junpei posted:

And here I thought Employee Satisfaction was the one thing that all Wings skimped out on because they hate spending money on anything unessential.

I think LobCorp skewed our view of what wings are and do pretty badly. Not everyone has access to an unholy combination on time reversals and cold storage to endlessly revive employees into a nightmare hellscape for the sole purpose of producing as much power as possible (with the added benefit that said suffering increases power output).

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Dirk the Average posted:

I think LobCorp skewed our view of what wings are and do pretty badly. Not everyone has access to an unholy combination on time reversals and cold storage to endlessly revive employees into a nightmare hellscape for the sole purpose of producing as much power as possible (with the added benefit that said suffering increases power output).

Well, I mean, it is the City, so best to not make judgements...

Still, judging from WonderLab it does seem like L Corp employees outside of the main facility could, among other things, leave their buildings, and we've seen that the residents of L Corp's Wing were also pretty well-off.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Dirk the Average posted:

Also that's literally only the HQ, the other Lobotomy Corporation sites through the city are much nicer (although just as fatal in terms of Abnormalities).

Also worth noting that technically speaking, the greatest amount of power was not born from harvesting suffering, but from helping the Sephirot reach positive emotional self-actualisation.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Lord_Magmar posted:

Also worth noting that technically speaking, the greatest amount of power was not born from harvesting suffering, but from helping the Sephirot reach positive emotional self-actualisation.

Just like Monsters Inc

oobitydoo
Oct 1, 2021

MetaMeme posted:

Just like Monsters Inc

Oh, given that revelation, is Oswald trying to get into the power generation vacuum left by L-Corp's demise? He does seem to be trying to make the city laugh!

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

oobitydoo posted:

Oh, given that revelation, is Oswald trying to get into the power generation vacuum left by L-Corp's demise? He does seem to be trying to make the city laugh!

That would be an ulterior motive! Oswald just wants to bring pure and simple joy to a city that's long forgotten how to honestly smile.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Book 32: 8 o'Clock Circus—Chapter 2

Music: GuestBattle01

These three have some minor tweaks, but ultimately are business as usual for the key pages in question.

And then there's Rose—this is a proper build, using Leap as drawtech and otherwise building power for Ripple and Rip Space. Will of the Prescript isn't necessary, just playing Leap somewhat frequently is plenty to keep our hand full enough to make plays.

All set.

You know, you could leave this to my floor. We're all cleaned up now, so…

You guys were doing everything by yourselves while we were still asleep. I'm not going to let anyone say I didn't pull my own weight.

At least let us watch over you, then?

That's… fine. You can do that much, I guess.

Emma and Noah aren't alone today, they've brought along a number of friends.

All three of them have their own weaknesses and serve as extra targets and guaranteed attacks for the enemy. They're performers, sure, but they aren't the stars of this circus.

Emma and Noah here are our main opponents, and also our second Shimmering enemy. They can't be Staggered as long as they're together, reducing their SR will only split them apart. Aside this mechanic (and Emma's weaknesses cranking through the roof should Noah be defeated), their only notable ability is +1 Power on Blunt Dice.

It's a good amount of HP to burn through, but our opponents are thankfully simple enough that it shouldn't be too much trouble.

Music: TipherethBattle01

Everyone, stay sharp! We don't know what our enemy can do!

Why, we can perform, miss!

That's just a little girl, Emma. She seems angry, so there's only one thing to do.

Let's bring the circus to them!

Yes, Noah. I'm sure she'll love it here.

This reaction… it's just like what happened with Tomerry!

Yeah, I got that!

Be careful, you guys!

Music: The 8 o'Clock Circus

Dear friends, let's put on a performance and get the books we came here for!

Yes… I'm looking forward to it.

Ohhhh jeez. That music. :psyduck:

So we're fighting clowns… the most dangerous of all circus performers.

The heck is a circus, anyways?

Ancient groups of performers who infiltrate towns under the guise of doing business by showing off a memorable performance. Their true motives were sinister…

Thievery. Assasination. The distribution of the addictive substance known only as "Circus Peanuts…" Don't underestimate these guys, no matter what. Behind those smiles are true killing machines.

I'm not sure that's quite right…

Now that's dangerous..! Everyone, stay on your toes!

As long as Noah is on Emma's shoulder, every turn he'll use a Ranged Combat Page against us. Juggling is a relatively bulky single attack that inflicts Paralysis. Pretty standard.

Let the Show Begin is a relatively weak page, with only an Evade Die followed by a pair of small Blunt dice. It's also the most dangerous page Emma and Noah can play in the early stages—its two Blunt dice both give their entire side +1 Strength on the next turn. It's an important page to completely stop whenever it comes out.

Lastly there's Circus Knives. It's a basic combat page. The numbers aren't great, only a little bit better than Tiphereth's 0-cost Light restoration page.

Each of Emma and Noah's animal friends only use a single combat page for the entire fight. Lion's page is Lion's Claws: a trio of Slash attacks whose final die gives +1 Strength to the ally with the highest HP—in practice, this will nearly always be Emma.

Monkey uses Unicycle Act, a 4-hit Combat Page which can be easily stopped by any decent Evade die, but is otherwise guaranteed to poke us for a bit of damage. Its second die gives +2 Protection to the ally with the highest HP—again, this will nearly always be Emma.

Lastly, Elephant uses Bulky Charge. It's a trio of Blunt attacks, and the middle die deals a bonus 5 Stagger damage on hit. All three animals are somewhat dangerous, but ultimately none of them are major threats if we engage them in clashes. They're just there to punish us if we try to drill down Emma and Noah quickly.

So what should I do? Acrobatic tricks?

Just blow through them with the new body the Ringmaster gave us. I'll do juggling tricks from up here, and our friends will all help out too.

Do whatever you like… it won't matter against our skills!

Oh, that's no good!

You shouldn't be so tense! We're new performers, but we really do want you to smile.

Yield My Flesh… lost a clash? :monocle:

This might enable us to do something cool!*

*it does not.

Leave my partner alone!

A partner..? I thought you were all monsters.

Only technically. We were humans once, same as you.

Oh, we're still humans. We've just shuffled things around a little.

\

The monkey's under control, boss!

Good work.

The Lion's also… done..!

…Less good.

But at least I got the Elephant no problem! I'm feeling in top form today!

The blue light at the edges of the screen here indicates Dimensional Sections activating. The Elephant is normally fairly tanky, but this just lopped off a full ninth of its health as bonus damage.

No, miss, you can't do that! That's dangerous.

Where?

Two more steps forward, duck down, swing… now!

Piss off, you freaky clowns!

A young lady like yourself should be watching the show, not engaging in it.

She's a young lady? I thought we were fighting monsters.

What I am doesn't matter! What matters is that I'm kicking your rear end!

Hey boss, your emotions broke through and called on our friends!

About time they woke up. Who needs it?

Leave it to me.

Channeling love! Magical Chinely, limiter unlock!

Ohhhmygosh I have to try that. Dibs on the next one!

Setting them aside… see anything up there, you guys?

Looks like their act is a bit one-dimensional. It's more of the same from here.

Dawns, Noons, Dusks, and now this Midnight—they're all ultimately singleminded in their approach.

They were only just transformed—they probably don't have a lot of tricks yet. Finish them quickly, and it shouldn't be a problem.

And make sure to pet the kitty!

…Yeah, no.

Aww. Its fluffiness readings are off the charts!

They are! Who wouldn't want to pet that cute, fluffy Mr. Lion?

That yellow woman on the other side.

Where? I can't see…

There, diagonally.

Like this?

Got her! Great job, Emma.

That didn't seem fair..!

Shouldn't have insulted a cute kitten.

Whatever. It's payback time!

She's coming in close, and…

Now!

OOF!

I felt something!

You hit her cleanly. Now, next—

I don't think so!

Woooah..!

Hey everyone! The main body can't see, so if we get in close he can't defend himself!

Great catch, Tylana! Now just let me smack this monkey around, and…

There we go. Omni! Chinely! You guys done?

Just finished! You know how hard it is to stop a charging elephant?!

Can't be much worse than stopping a raging Lion! But the power of Love made it plenty easy.

Right. In that case, let me try powering up, too!

That's not how that ability even works…

When someone's being delusional like that, it's best to just leave them to it.

I don't want to hear that from you.

Hope descends! Channeling Justice—

I can't hold it any longer! Sorry, buddy!

Emma..!

Whenever we reduce Emma and Noah's SR to 0, a short two frame animation plays.

Oof..!

Are you alright?!

Yeah.. yeah, I'm fine.

There's a new target. Malkuth..?

We're already on it!

He's relatively weak on his own, but he's going to jump back on his friend's back ASAP.

Got it, thanks.

Magical Omni, limiter unlock…

Upstaged… that's rough, pal.

While broken up, Noah will use Wild Card to try and recover HP. It's yet another Ranged page, but its multiple dice makes it more vulnerable to being broken by Omni's huge single die options.

Emma, meanwhile, breaks out Sharp Nails. It's a powerful offensive page, on par with the objet d'art page Repressed Flesh from the Puppets—although the die variety makes it a little harder to power up with passives.

Tylana is going to get her face pushed in a little, but that's fine.

Because Tiphereth is going to go absolutely buck wild.

OverSpace is a 5 Light combination of two pages, Overcharge and Rip Space. While Tiphereth has 0 Charge to her name right now, Overcharge will first attack into Emma's Counter die, destroying it and giving her 10 Charge immediately. Then, Rip Space will clash against Combat Knives. She has 10 Charge, which is all spent to immediately give a full power Rip Space. Meanwhile, she has a Block counter die in case someone attacks her.

I'm going all out. Tylana, cover me.

Ma'am!

And meanwhile, try to take out those animals.

Emma, they've got a really scary look in their eyes.

Ah… I can picture it perfectly in my head. Don't worry, you just come back over to me. I'll swing as big as I can in the meanwhile.

Of course. But first, a trick for little miss thinks-she's-an-adult!

I'm older than you!

Now now, little lass. If you calm down, we can give you Lion's mane cotton candy!

That sounds really good…

Hey, can I get some of that?

Audience members only, I'm afraid…

Sorry to butt in, but it'll be a bit hard to serve that, guests.

I've already defeated that Lion of yours.

Mr. Lion..! I can't hear him breathing anymore.

He's turned into a book… Just like the invitation said.

Oh, is that what it said? I never saw… Ah!

Not very nice, approaching me from behind so quietly.

Shoot… how'd you know!

I just thought that that was where I'd be if I wanted to attack me.

It's not nice to pick on the blind, though. I'll have to punish you a bit for that.

Gh—boss, look out! This guy's got some serious punch!

Behind you, Emma!

It doesn't matter if you know! I overloaded my gauntlets!

Gauntlets? But this feels like being ripped apart…

She's using WARP tech… it must be what makes the trains run.

Then I can counter by-

Like hell…

Can you do anything to stop me now!!

Ghuuuh…

Emma? Don't worry, I'll come to you.

I've taken care of the Elephant!

And the monkey?

Alive, but only just!

Good effort. I'll need a minute, so take care of yourselves.

At the end of the turn, the animation plays in reverse—we can delay this by Staggering Noah, but we focused on Emma this time.

I made it back to you, buddy.

Great! And… I'm sorry.

You're sorry?

I can't… move at all.

This is because if Emma is Staggered when Noah rejoins him, both lose their entire turn.

I'll handle the monkey—you guys look tired, and watching my stylin' dodge moves will help with that.

Is that how it works..?

With that Abnormality he's got supporting him… yes.

Then I shall rain swift, absolute justice upon those clowns.

My plan this turn is to have Chinely dodge all four attacks from the monkey in order to restore a lot of SR to Tylana and Omni, both of whom have taken a beating. It almost works perfectly.

Unfortunately, I didn't pay attention to the monkey's Bleed stacks.

My my. Seems like it only had one attack left in it at all.

So the plan was a complete failure! But at least you tried, isn't that what counts?

An enemy's down. That's not a failure at all!

This guy's a lot tougher than a normal enemy… Whatever that clown did to him changed his body a lot.

Of course. It's all so that I can support my friend like I've wanted.

While I normally would support such friendship… my sword cries out for the blood of my enemies. Dimensional sever!

That guy's not in WARP gear at all… how did he do that?

My arm contains the dark powers of a true blademaster, who took a bit of the souls of everyone he's ever killed with him. When those powers are unleashed, no one can stand before me.

Holy crap! I didn't realize we had received any guests like that!

You shouldn't listen to what Agents say in the middle of battle like that. They babble incoherently, as the fighting breaks their fragile sanity.

And my followup! Destructive Eye Serenade!!

You see? Gibberish.

I get it!

With Emma and Noah as the only possible targets, the fight's become very simple. They aren't able to put out enough actions to beat all of us before we take out their remaining HP.

Alright, team. Good job while I was cooling these things off. Let's finish this quickly, shall we?

On that note, I'm feeling like I'm in excellent form.

What are you about to try?

Something awesome. I can feel it.

Your funeral.

I'll be fine. They don't find the bodies here, anyways.

Emma and Noah's patterns don't change once their allies are gone, so the rest of this fight is just beating up a couple of friendly clowns without repercussion.

Hey!!

Nailed it. Thanks for the perch, good buddy.

…Mostly without repercussion.

I'm tired of this show! Just become a couple of books already, would you?!

It's so sad, how resistant the little lady is to our charms…

These bodies are so colorful and fun, too. Why won't they show us those smiles?

It's a true shame…

One's coming from right ahead!

Got it, pal!

Ugh… That combo attack is so troublesome..!

I did what I could, Chinely. Let's see your big move.

Right! Here goes!

Shi Association, Section 2, Ultimate Technique! Boundary of D—Ack! Bit my tongue!

…Noah?

I dunno what he was doing either. Right in front of you, though…

Thanks again!

I guess some things never change…

I'll clean up here, so get it right next time, okay?

Yes ma'am!

Emma, I'm falling again-!

Just hold on… You can find your way back to me, right?

Yeah, pal. I'll be right there with you soon!

One of the upsides of facing enemies with Shimmering is that they have a very limited number of pages they can play every turn. This means that once Emma hits Emotion Level 4 like this, we still don't have to worry about any additional attacks. Instead, we get a free Speed Die to focus one-sided attacks on! It's a very :lobcorp: advantage to have, but I'll take it.

I think with one more push you could finish this off.

Those fixer instincts of yours talking, I take it?

No… they're just both almost dead.

Well, you heard him. Don't hold back, team!

My cards..!

They're too slow!

Emma, where are you? I can't see past him—

I'll be right there to help, don't worry.

Not if I send him flying first!

Pal… one of them's coming! Look out!

That's fine. I'll just swing right now, and…

Right over my head!

Really? Oh… I guess you were the shortest one, after all.

Aha! I got you this time!

Oh no you don't, villain! Through the power of love, you're going to meet your end!

But we're trying to bring everyone smiles… isn't that love as well?

Hell if I know. I just go where I'm pointed.

Ahah… hah… I guess it was too soon for us to perform after all, huh pal..?

This time for sure, right?

The enemy's defenseless! Now's our chance for—

We're not doing it!

Aww, you're killing me here, boss!

I'll take care of them. You guys start cleaning up.

Roger that.

You've gotta practice if you want to beat us.

Can we do a victory pose, at least..?

Fine… As long as it's short.

Awesome!

The 8 o'Clock Circus is basically just a question of managing the chaos long enough to take down the animals and focus on Emma and Noah properly. This late into Urban Nightmare, they shouldn't be any trouble.

Music: Result

What am I going to do with this hat..?

Iunno, wear it?

Good work, you guys. As always.

Of course, of course. And I'll definitely hit Boundary of Death next time.

Or you could use a normal attack…

C'mon! Where's the romance in that?

I still don't really get what you mean by that, but if you keep it up I'm sure you'll do it someday.

VIDEO
Music: Lobby

Anyways, about the man who turned those two people into freaks…

You think he has something to do with the Blue Reverb’s gang of “musicians”?

It’s too early to make such a conclusion. His purpose of sending people here seemed different from that of the Blue Reverberation and those related to him. However, there’s something about him that differentiates him from ordinary humans. He could be a being of similar essence to the Blue Reverberation’s accomplices in some ways…

Neither of them look normal, that I can say for sure.

With Emma and Noah safely on our shelves, we can finally do Chesed's first Abnormality. Aside from that, we've also got the two remaining Urban Nightmare options available to us. Things are heating up in the Library for sure!

Next time, on Library of Ruina

"The city still remained a beautiful place where the emerald roads sparkled bright as ever."

If you're worried about me being cryptic… As long as you trust me, I think I can give you the more succinct options you crave, now. (Smiling Faces)

I would like to hear more about this Ms. Sun, though. Is she another performer? (Phillip and Oswald)

Videos

8 o'Clock Circus 2

New Key Pages

*Cannot be equipped. :allears:

New Combat Pages

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jul 13, 2022

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Gosh, why they gotta have such a philistine for a boss? Clearly has no appreciation for the romance of style and passion combined!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
More clown, the thread needs more clown!

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
New Key Pages

And here it is, the best keypage in the tier (edging out Kim and Yujin because you get FOUR THREE of these loving things) and the key to Yesod and Blunt dominating Urban Nightmare. Equip a Puppet to this and you've got a CONSTANT +2 power to ALL blunt dice, and +3 power to your super cards like Repressed Flesh. This is the reason why everything starts to get a resistance to Blunt in the future, and why Yesod breaks the game even harder because that just makes them easy prey for Dark Flame.

I genuinely have to wonder what they were thinking when they put this and Puppets next to each other.

*Cannot be equipped. :allears:
lol

New Combat Pages

Decent if you want to thin out your deck for whatever reason, but if you're abusing Full Stop cheese their three hit cards are better.

See above.

This'd be worth looking at if it was double slash, but as-is you're better off using other pages if you want Bleed.

A pretty fantastic card for solo builds. Strong rolls, leading block die, a counter die at the end and it even recovers stagger resist. I don't use it myself, but I've seen it a lot in high-end gameplay vids and for good reason.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jul 12, 2022

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Hey, you know what Urban Nightmare needed? Another unconditional boost to Blunt.

Emma backed by Puppets will last for a disgustingly long time.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Normally I'd go for a in a heartbeat, but I do want to see Chesed's floor get to shine. :kheldragar:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

BisbyWorl posted:

Hey, you know what Urban Nightmare needed? Another unconditional boost to Blunt.

Emma backed by Puppets will last for a disgustingly long time.
It probably wouldn't have been as bad if Puppets didn't supply this gamebreaking nonsense with enough super strong monoblunt cards to fill up an 8+1 singleton deck.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
You don't even need Singleton! Half the really good Blunt pages draw more pages! It's just absurd!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Arcanuse posted:

Normally I'd go for a in a heartbeat, but I do want to see Chesed's floor get to shine. :kheldragar:

Same, brother-partially just because Chesed is my favorite Sephira, but also because his floor, while probably not the game's strongest, is probably the most mechanically interesting and creative in my eyes.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.
Voting for Chesed abno, because I still need to draw Sweet Pea, and I need ideas.

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Jul 12, 2022

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Looking at the immediate trend of this poll... man do I feel sorry for "Smiling Faces." At this rate they'll be downgraded to or even by the time we fight them because we keep throwing TQ into fires.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I for one welcome the yellow emerald brick road.

freezew101
Jun 23, 2022

GilliamYaeger posted:

New Key Pages

And here it is, the best keypage in the tier (edging out Kim and Yujin because you get FOUR of these loving things)

Three, not four.

Anyways, the dream team for UN is basically complete; The team consists of yujin, kim, and 3 emmas. This team allows to you basically walk over any receptions on this tier and to an extent, even the next tier above this one it should have no trouble against.

We can see by now that dice Power really is the be all and end all.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Emma's Page Great page. Current HP and SR, good resists, Another +1 Blunt and another +1 to 3+-costs (which usually are our "working" cards anyway). Can understand, why TQ call it best in tier.
Noah's Page I am disappointed that you cannot equip it. Would be good for challenge runs.

Juggling Quite useless right now, even though it has pretty good die for its cost. Liwei page is not exactly current to use it as a generic base, so thinning the deck with it should have to wait until we finally get new ranged pages.
Wild Card Meh.
Circuit Knives Mixed dice. Meh.
Sharp Nails A pretty strong card with good rolls and counter die. Can be good in builds not focused on single damage type (or in slash builds, if you get it for slash counter die).

As for Emma+Noah, they are not that interesting pattern wise.
Emma uses Circus Knives and a second card (Let the Show Begin, another Circus Knives, Sharp Nails, rotating every round). Add Juggling if Noah is on him.
Emma has 3 Speed die if Noah is on him and 2 otherwise. If Noah died, one speed dic will be broken. If Emma has EL 4, it does not matter, as he will just use EL dice instead of broken one. All resists are set to FAtal is Noah died.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Wait, Noah's key page isn't the best key page in this tier!?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

dervival posted:

Wait, Noah's key page isn't the best key page in this tier!?

They’re both the best in tier. Emma for power, and Noah for being a meme.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
If you could equip Noah's page it would be pretty powerful for this tier since you could proc Kizuna + Remembrance on the rest of the floor on by turn two by suiciding a nugget using wrath of torment or Jikan's self bleed page.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

quote:

the Clown Life Cycle.

They start as being incompetent and boring.

They become a menace to the world and probably get shot, but some aren't, and grow up.

They then become funny but also still a menace who will probably get shot.

But sometimes they don't, and they become funny as hell and never get caught doing something that would get them shot, and almost always survive the Round.

I think our two clowns will wait a bit.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

SITB posted:

If you could equip Noah's page it would be pretty powerful for this tier since you could proc Kizuna + Remembrance on the rest of the floor on by turn two by suiciding a nugget using wrath of torment or Jikan's self bleed page.

Noah’s page would probably be ranged-only like Stephan or Tamaki, which means he wouldn’t be able to use those.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

NHO posted:

I think our two clowns will wait a bit.

Here's the thing though: given that these are monsters, we have yet determine if they're clowns or cluwnes. One can be great, but the other...

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

AweStriker posted:

Noah’s page would probably be ranged-only like Stephan or Tamaki, which means he wouldn’t be able to use those.

Then just use a weak ranged page and clash it against the biggest, most dangerous thing you can? They die before anyone else does anything anyways and has the added benefit of being able to redirect an annoying page with something that doesn't need to beat it.

...Huh. On another note, while looking for weak ranged pages to use, I noticed Target Spotted is literally just I Hate CQC but worse/without the third, defensive, die. You'd think they could've made something better.

Doobeedoo fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 12, 2022

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Anyway, here we see the tragedy that Oswald "helped" in a way that left Noah literally and wholly reliant on Emma for everything except sight, after pushing so hard about his own independence from his friend.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I'm surprised you didn't show off what happens if Emma lives long enough to recover from his stagger after Noah is dead. It has a unique sprite and everything.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Lord_Magmar posted:

Anyway, here we see the tragedy that Oswald "helped" in a way that left Noah literally and wholly reliant on Emma for everything except sight, after pushing so hard about his own independence from his friend.

Oswald's weird like that. In other type things, as much as I wanna see what's going on with Phillip, I don't feel like tossing TQ into the fire, let's see another abnormality, friendos.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

ZeroCount posted:

I'm surprised you didn't show off what happens if Emma lives long enough to recover from his stagger after Noah is dead. It has a unique sprite and everything.

I had no idea.

We'll see it when I inevitably oboe solo it later, then. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Anyways, I called this reception the worst in the game earlier on, and it's because it has this very irritating BGM that I hate.