Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

What was the Blue Reverberation called in Korean anyway? It's a really awkward title, especially when Blue Wave means the same thing but sounds nicer and actually invokes an image.

But maybe his name was always meant to be awkward and jarring. Red Mist he ain't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
I mean, blue wave is firmly ocean-evoking, which he ain't. Very much a music man, so "Reverberation" makes sense for him. Blue was probably just kinda tacked on because he needed a Color?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Tanya also apparently picked up the suit between Kurokumo and Sweepers, which does point to it being made out of Carnival cloth.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Tenebrais posted:

What was the Blue Reverberation called in Korean anyway? It's a really awkward title, especially when Blue Wave means the same thing but sounds nicer and actually invokes an image.

푸른잔향 which is pretty much the most clear-cut term for "blue reverberation". While I can't claim to know CKC's rationale, i think the specificity of how he relates to sound in general and his whole conductor shtick (i.e. mostly just sitting on his rear end and making his associates do the work) + the specific choice of 'Blue Wave' immediately bringing up water, which he isn't really associated with is why they picked it; in the cutscene Thelma calls him just 'Blue Reverb', so it's probably more a formal name than an alias he actually goes by on a regular basis? oh i just saw somebody already typed this nvm

I think the true display of how badly Argalia's lost it is best encapsulated in the tidbit where the artbook says that his little headpiece just blasts random sound effects to make sure he never has to sit in silence.
Not only is he the kind of sick gently caress that blasts his music on his earbuds so loud that everyone can hear him AND the kind of rear end in a top hat that blasts his speakers on a subway, he just blasts Scream & Fart compilations while he's killing people.

So, y'know, just kinda keep that in your mental image whenever he's on screen I guess

VinnyDonuts
Oct 4, 2013

:lobcorp:

Junpei posted:

Tanya also apparently picked up the suit between Kurokumo and Sweepers, which does point to it being made out of Carnival cloth.

This does actually make something of a timeline inconsistency, though... If Eileen and Jae-heon got on the train before we even saw the Carnival give the silk over (alongside the Molar Office and Tommy and Merry), then how did Jae-heon already have his suit? I guess the timeline is already inconsistent, since Molar Office, Gaze Office, Tomerry, and The Puppets all left the train inside the interval of ten seconds in real-world time, but there was an ambiguous amount of time between each reception, so it doesn't necessarily follow that guests are received in chronological order of them signing the invite... It's eminently possible that the events that led to Jae-heon getting his suit happened well before the events of the train, and we received the guests in the order of whatever sorting algorithm of power the library is using rather than in chronological order.

VinnyDonuts fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Aug 13, 2022

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

VinnyDonuts posted:

This does actually make something of a timeline inconsistency, though... If Eileen and Jae-heon got on the train before we even saw the Carnival give the silk over (alongside the Molar Office and Tommy and Merry), then how did Jae-heon already have his suit? I guess the timeline is already inconsistent, since Molar Office, Gaze Office, Tomerry, and The Puppets all left the train inside the interval of ten seconds in real-world time, but there was an ambiguous amount of time between each reception, so it doesn't necessarily follow that guests are received in chronological order of them signing the invite... It's eminently possible that the events that led to Jae-heon getting his suit happened well before the events of the train, and we received the guests in the order of whatever sorting algorithm of power the library is using rather than in chronological order.

There's really only a singular answer that makes sense, and it's that the right half of the board is happening in a different timeframe than the left half. Given we can just skip ahead in videos, they can't be aligned to the Library's timeframe at all, or else we would have spent two thousand years watching the train fun times. Probably what's going on is that the Library somehow exists outside of time, and that's probably what's making it such a gently caress to find.

Materant fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Aug 13, 2022

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Tombot posted:

I'm guessing they both work for the Blue wossis'name to take on the Library. For what purpose however I can only speculate.

this guy in full stop / eileen's first appearance has a similar outfit but less blue

and is clearly on board with whatever argalia is up to

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I'm a really big fan of this and the the Lobotomy Corporation Let's Play, can't get into these games myself but I really enjoy the story and the additions to it elevate it to a whole new level. Just wanted to add that the Smiling Faces's dialogue made me think they were speaking with Cockney accents and it really made it unsettling for whatever reason.

KobunFan fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Aug 13, 2022

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Literature—322.67—Laetitia

Music: Lobby

Are you sure you don't want to take part in the test, Miss Hod?

I… don't think I should try smoking anything we're not sure of the effects of.

Right… Well, I can't blame you for being skittish.

Testing aside, I'm going to be using the W corp gear.

I suppose we do need a control group… Overcharge and Rip Space are both known powerful attacks. Having them on hand to compare will be handy.

Medea has a focused Smoke and Blunt build, designed to let her spam Inhale Smoke and use an occasional Deep Drag on the enemy. Elle, meanwhile, is running a bog standard Singleton Smoke deck to compliment it. The others are largely unchanged, though Hod is now using Flesh Filet over Slay; she doesn't really have enough high-Light pages to need the Light regen, so we can go with the slightly larger dice and bonus smoke.

So it's Laetitia after all…

Laetitia?! But she's…

That child was quite popular among the Agents. They might not be able to face her to their fullest.

We can't afford to keep such sentiments here. We need you to defeat her and add her to our list of supporting Abnormalities.

…We'll do our best.

SNAP

Music: AbnormalityBattle01

This area's kind of… off-putting. Like when a hug lasts for a bit too long.

She's an Abnormality. Her idea of friendship wouldn't be quite like ours.

Still… I don't really want to fight her. Maybe we can do something else?

Let's take down her allies, then, and see if that stops her.

Oh… new friends..! I hope we can get along really well!

Laetitia posted:

I couldn’t leave my dear friends behind… So I came up with a brilliant idea!

Don’t you worry~ Only meanies hurt friends.

When you open the gift, you’ll be surprised, like WHOA!

What’s inside the gift? That’s a secret! It’s boring to spoil it.

Friends don’t fight each other. Nopers!

Play with me! Join my friends and laugh with us.

Laetitia is a relatively simple Abnormality to understand. She wants to give Gifts to everyone. These gifts make her Block dice less powerful, and if her friends are killed then all her resistances are changed to Fatal.

She's a relatively soft target, meaning that it's very possible to focus on her and win the entire Abnormality Battle in ~2 turns, but…

She's just as calming a presence as I remember.

Just being around her brings back some good memories for me, too.

She was one of our most reliable training Abnormalities. Everyone's got good memories with her.

Is that so…

For certain reasons, we won't be doing that today. Let's peek at her four friends.

Each of them have identical stats. They'll target the librarian with the most gifts, explode on the third turn, and when they fall they're replaced by a Wee Witch's Friend.

Laetitia will use Here's a Gift~ to hand Gift pages to our side. Unlike in her previous appearance, however, this time she's yeeting them at our head hard enough to deal damage. Her Block dice can also give us 1 Feeble and are a guaranteed 8, making her somewhat risky to attack.

Her other page this turn, Let's Have Fun!, is only Block dice. On being used, it gives two of her allies a handy buff next turn.

G..i..f..t is one of the two standard pages that the Gift-wrapped Friends can use. It's a single small die, and it hands the target a Gift on hit. It's not very threatening.

T.ak..e..I.t.. is only slightly more troubling. It's 3 small dice, and each one will give a Gift to the target on hit.

I have a neato surprise for you guys!

Is it a spider?

Nooo..?

Is it several spiders?

If I said it, it wouldn't be a surprise anymore!

I don't mind seeing what you've got for us, Laetitia.

Oh, um… Could you turn around please?

That's right, you preferred giving your gift secretly when people were leaving, didn't you? I'm sorry, but we can't back down now.

Oh… um… That's okay. Yeah! All okees!

Here you go!

Geez! You threw that way too fast!

I'm nervous, so it just went fwoosh! You didn't have to cut it…

It would have seriously hurt.

Sorry… I'll try again soon.

These friends of hers really aren't too threatening, at least.

It's true… I'd put them on about the level of a really low-level fixer.

Yeah… I knocked this one out by just standing here.

Some of the Smiling Faces attacks simply don't have animations on more conventional key pages. Funnily enough, Inhale Smoke and Deep Drag are both among them. Our librarian just stares at the enemy, who takes damage. :lobcorp:

Then let's just take them out! Nice and easy!

Oh!

You helped my friend come out to play~ Hooray!

Spider. I called it.

It's not a spider… it's shaped like a friend!

Laetitia, sweetie… I don't think we'll get along.

Aww… but friends should always be friends with friends.

That's actually a common social fallacy. In reality…

So shall… fall I see? Did you trip?

It's uh… Well, no…

Phew! just try to get along. I promise, it'll be fine!

Wee Witch's Friend appears whenever one of the Gift-wrapped friends is defeated, though defeating it ourselves instead of letting it explode will make it show up with 60 HP instead of 75. It targets Librarians with Gifts, and gains 1 Power for each Gift we have in hand. They can be dangerous, and Laetitia's dialogue changes whenever one is on the field.

Laetitia posted:

This place will get livelier the more friends I have!

I hope this place is filled with laughter!

I hope to find lots of friends here too~

How was my prank? It was fun, wasn’t it? Your face says so!

You’re happy to be my friend, right? Right? I’m super-ooper-duper happy, too!

Don't Get Hurt! is a new page Laetitia uses this turn, which restores 10 HP to the ally with the lowest HP. She cares so much about her friends. :kimchi:

Meanwhile, Wee Witch's Friend comes at us with… I'm going to call this one Spider Noises. Three hits, inflicts Bleed, otherwise unremarkable.

Switch, are you alright?

Fine, fine. Just need a minute to reboot.

We'll play with her friends until then.

Playing? But that didn't look like play!

It's… roughhousing. Friends do it all the time.

Oh..! In that case…

I wanna try ruff-housing too!

Oh god… She's adorable, but that definitely bruised a rib.

And that definitely didn't help!

Whenever we're given a Gift, the screen takes on this effect.

They do seem to be trying their best…

But they're still ultimately not that strong.

Indeed… I've taken care of another of the friends.

Spider incoming?

Most likely.

I just hope these presents aren't too troublesome to deal with.

I wind up taking a full suite of T.ak..e..I.t..'s attacks, giving Hod three gifts as well.

Seems I've gotten their attention.

My friends want to make friends. It's nooo problem.

Gift itself is a 2-cost page with a Blunt die only slightly less powerful than Yield My Flesh. It's a good thing the page isn't complete trash, since it's also a ticking time bomb. If we don't play it within 2 turns, it'll explode on us for 15 damage and one stack of Pit-a-pat. Get 3 stacks of Pit-a-pat, and the Librarian dies instantly. This spawns an additional Wee Witch's Friend, so we want to avoid this.

Meanwhile, the Wee Witch's Friends are both using… Spider Noises 2, a pair of dice that inflict Bleed and Disarm. Nothing too scary. They do have a third attack they can use on occasion, called Receive Gift: it's a single 4-10 Pierce die that removes a copy of Gift from our hand on hit.

We do not see it today.

Can we play a different game now? Ruff-housing seems hard.

I'm sorry, Laetitia. It's the only game we have.

Oh… well, okay! Maybe I'll be better at it now!

Boingy boingy~!

Not bad… not bad at all!

I really don't understand why you're coddling that creature.

I don't know what you mean. Laetitia isn't a 'creature,' she's a friend.

That's just what you people think because you're convinced she's an "Abnormality."

Says the guy borrowing their power right now.

I'm angry, so I hit harder! That's not a power, that's common sense!

I've taken out another of the humanoids. We'll probably see a third spider.

The only spider. I took this one out, too. I just hope she'll stop after this is all over.

She won't.

She might!

There's no way. Open your eyes and take a look at her. Friends? Friends are a cover story! She's spawning spiders everywhere!

A… cover story? But I'm not a book..!

Technically, sweetie… Oh, nevermind. Switch, apologize.

No!

Don't mean to interrupt, but this thing's trying to rip out my guts. Little help?

Don't worry, I have you.

That last one's moving weird. It's up to something…

I'll take care of it.

On the next turn, the one surviving Gift-wrapped Friend tries to use B..lo..w..Up, their final offensive page. It's a solid 10-10 roll, instantly defeats the Friend who uses it at the end of the turn, and if it hits us we get a trio of Gifts for free.

A 10-10 doesn't hold a candle to what Hod can do, though, so we're fine.

There we go. That's another spider down. This'd all be easier if we'd all just gone for her from the get-go, though.

What's your deal, anyways? She doesn't know that this would hurt us. It's not her fault.

Like I said, that's just what she wants you to think.

If you think rationally about it, she's a monster from the Ruins.

A monster.

Yeah. A sentient spider collective, from the same dimension W-corp connects to. It's inside of a marionette, moving it around by manipulating countless webbing threads. That's why it moves so jerkily.

That's… preposterous.

It's a Gift~ is Laetitia's last page, and it's just Here's a Gift~ with one less Block die.

Is it? Their goal is simple: they use their webs to craft intricate gifts, but there's a catch. Those "gifts" are made with webs of the same spiders that managed to come over here: meaning they can be used to breach. And why do they do that? It's obvious: Their goal is to summon their "Friends" from the outset. They're servants to the big guys we've been taking on the whole time! All that talk about friendship is a lie, to help them get their extradimensional spider masters into this world, using our flesh and blood as sacrifices!

Uuuh… I'm not… spiders..?

That's exactly what a marionette piloted by spiders would say!

Waaaaaah!! You're a meanie!

I'm really not sure any of that is right…

You've seen the spiders yourself, ma'am. Please, let me take care of this!

…Well, alright. Someone has to, in all likelihood.

Heck yeah! Eat that, spiders!

:cry:

I'm really not a fan of this…

Well, someone has to save you people from the hell dimension spiders, and it's going to be me.

They're meanies… super-ooper-duper meanies..! I wanna' go hoome..!

When Laetitia is alone, she has unique dialogue as well.

Laetitia posted:

People here don’t smile!! That looks so gloomy.

My friends… Where did they all go…?

Did they leave because they hate me…? Can’t you be my friends instead?

We’re all friends… Right?

Farewells are sad and make me lonely… Be my friend. Pretty please?

Seems like it didn't end once she ran out of those friends of hers…

So someone has to hurt her after all.

Then I guess it's for the best that Switch feels how he does. Go ahead.

Hwacha! And so, the world is saved from extradimensional spiders! Again.

Sorry, Laetitia… I'll bring you some tea later, soon as I figure out how.

Once stripped of her friends, there's nothing Laetitia can do to stop from being beaten down mercilessly. On the other hand, there's already nothing Laetitia can do to stop from being beaten down mercilessly, so basically I just wasted a bunch of extra turns on a 2 turn fight.

Music: Lobby

Another day, another trio of Abnormality pages. Let's take a peek.

Surprise Gift is interesting, letting us give an enemy a status that will let the rest of our team Clash with them for a 40% chance of 7 damage and 2 Bleed, that stays persistent until such time as the Giftee dies. As a level 1 page, it can come online early… but there's usually something better to pick. It does pair well with Allure, at least.

Friend… I actually like Friend. It gives a random page in hand +2-4 power, with the caveat being that it must be played in 2 turns or it vanishes and deals low damage to us. It can be used to remove useless pages from a deck, or to get 2-4 power to a page we already have—a massive buff. It's a very nice level 2 Abnormality page.

Lastly, there's Funny Prank. Funny Prank is hilarious, pairing with high-range first dice like Deep Drag and turning Boundary of Destruction into a 50-50 chance. It's… it's okay. I'd like it more without the penalty for rolling minimum.

Angela… we're here to pick up our new Librarian. Are they ready?

Yes. I've taken care of things up here.

Oh my goodness..! You're…

Just an… everyday plucky employee… here at… whereeever this is! Um… h-hi.

Paul?! As in, the Paul?! Miss Hod, we're getting a legend like that?

Legend isn't… the term I'd use.

But it should be. I've seen all the training videos you and he made… outside of the redacted parts that were classified. They were really useful!

Oh… that's why he looks so familiar!

So Hod's team gets a living legend. Niice.

Hod?! Oh man… oh geez… She's not… she's not mad, is she?

I'm… sorry. I wasn't being reasonable… and you had to finish things on your own.

It's… it's… fine!

Absolutely fine! I'm a professional, after all! Can't let every little thing get to me, right? …Right?

I appreciate it. Let's get you acquainted with the new lay of things.

Hey, while I have you here… what happened to the last few episodes? It just ended abruptly after Void Dream… I've always wanted to see the rest.

Hahahaha… No, you don't!

Something wrong?

Nopers! I've just blocked those memories out because they're horribly traumatizing!

…Aha.

Enough jawing! Let's head back downstairs for a tea break with a celeb~

Next time, on Library of Ruina

This is the safe one, with Phillip and Oswald. I shouldn't need to remind you that the other is going to destroy everything we're working so hard for, right?

And worse, if you select this, you will be traumatizing poor Paul. So let's not!

"Still, it didn’t matter to him. After all, he was “destined” to be a big bad wolf."

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Aug 14, 2022

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Surprise Gift is a fine card, which works better the more actions enemy does. Damage and additional effects are in line with other damage-boosting cards, but Hod floor simply has way more better pages. I wouldn't take this over Look of the Day, Social Distancing or Axe.

Friend is somewhat like Pebble, but stronger: you get a huge power bonus to the marked card, but at the expence of a chance to completely losing this card completely for this Act (and some damage) if you are not able to use it in 2 turns. It is nice to have a grace period to fill up our Light if we are not able to play this card right away. A pretty good card for character whose build does not require them to play specific cards in specific order to be effective (like Charge builds).

Funny Prank is... not good. On the upside it increases chances of things happening on high/low roll, like Cocoon effect, and guarantees an Emotion Coin from roll value, but on the other hand: does not increase your average damage in one-sided attacks, while increasing swinginess (do not use it with strong one-time use cards if you not feeling lucky today); In clashes only increases chances to win clash if without it chances to win were below 50% (what you want to avoid usually) and decreases chances to win clash if it was above 50% (what you normally build for!) before. Add extra damage on low rolls to that, and this card loses all attractiveness. Only use for it I can see is to make BoD work with 50% chance.

A fun fact about Laetitia: resist reduction applies immediately when there are no allies on the field. If you kill all "friends" at the same scene, you will have time to pat a good girl who did nothing wrong in her life on the head until the end of the scene, when Friends will spawn out of the corpses and reset resistances back.

Another fact. If I reading numbers correctly, Laetitia is 140 cm high.

> Paul
Oh, god, no! Now we are completely screwed. He will find a way to fail 80% win chance 15 times in a row.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Oh that was sad

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Paul! Paul! He's our man! He can't do it? Hod sure can!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Artificer posted:

Oh that was sad

Life is tough for a kind and friendly girl who likes spiders and wants to share spiders with all her friends.

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022
:swoon: Paul! Knowledge is pain, plus observation! Awesome!

Also, that Laetitia fight was just plain adorable! Her gimmick cards seem fun, too, and really incorporate her gift giving into your moves in a logical way. Projmoon does some real creative stuff with card mechanics!

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
Laetitia's problem is that 5 OK defensive dice aren't much of an hindrance, if she had 10 protection or a bunch of counter dice she couldn't be unga-ed so easily but as it stands the easiest way to win the fight is ignore the mechanics and just kill her.

EDIT: Also, 40 stagger resist? 140 HP? All normal resistances? She may as well be made out of tissue paper even without smoke stacks.

Jakeun Kangajii
Oct 3, 2021
Paul!! I'm so glad we get to see him! And now we gotta horribly traumatize him. I'm sure it'll work out though, since now he can fight back!

TheDoomkitten
Jun 11, 2022

Angela did nothing wrong.
Paul! The boy is here to be very confused by... well, pretty much everything! At least Sweet Pea will have someone who actually remembers her loops to talk to.

Also, one of my dumber theories is that Abnormalities don't get their memories fully reset whenever a day gets repeated or a full loop happens, given that their encyclopedia entries and E.G.O. stay in the manager's toolbox. It's very possible that Laetitia legitimately does not know that her "funny prank" kills people for real given that there's a high chance that they'll just show up again a little while later.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Traumatize Paul traumatize Paul traumatize Paul.

MarmaladeSkies
Jun 16, 2022
It’s Paul! Hi Paul! Sorry not sorry about the horrors you’re going to see if you stay here!

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
If I were to choose between working at LobCorp HQ or the Library, I'm pretty sure I'd choose the Library. Way less horrible stuff as far as I'm concerned, and the ambience is a significant improvement. So I think Paul's probably going to enjoy it more than he did his old job.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
GilliamYeager going to start complaining about how Friend and Funny Prank make Hod's floor completely unusable because they make it so much harder to get Obsession in three, two, one...

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Well that's coincidental. I had just gone back to the Lobotomy Corporation thread to finish up with the extra stuff and now Paul shows up!

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
I LOVE TRAUMATIZING PAUL

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
also, I so called Paul being Hod's last teammate.

Yveltal
Jul 19, 2022
Not Sorry, Paul but it's gotta be trauma/realization time

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Junpei posted:

GilliamYeager going to start complaining about how Friend and Funny Prank make Hod's floor completely unusable because they make it so much harder to get Obsession in three, two, one...
Friend and Funny Prank make Hod's floor completely unusable because they make it so much harder to get Obsession. :v:

But seriously, Axe and Obsession were what let Hod keep up with Yesod (who isn't even in his final form) and the near-universally strong upper floors. There's a pretty huge power gap that is very noticeable when you play around with the different floors, and you can't bridge that gap without a strategy to play around. And now that you've got Laetitia Hod just doesn't have one anymore. I'm definitely exaggerating how bad it is - it's certainly not as bad as poor, poor Keter - but what I'm going to unjustifiably call "viability" in this game is basically a binary yes/no answer to the question "can this floor keep up with Yesod and the upper floors?" And losing Axe and Obsession flips that pretty firmly from a "yes" to a "no."

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.
On the one hand, Paul is clearly traumatized enough you sadists, given he remembers the final episodes.
On the other hand, that realization has to happen, and Paul has to take part, so the bandages' got to come off sooner or later. Unless TeeQueue wants to do a realization without a full team.

Who knows, maybe a little violence will do Paul good?

Yveltal
Jul 19, 2022

NullBlack posted:

Unless TeeQueue wants to do a realization without a full team.

Is that even possible?

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

quote:

Jeepers! Angela got completely off her rocker! Did she become an Abnormality? How danger-

It is a ZAYIN Abnormality.

○ ○ ○

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

Yveltal posted:

Is that even possible?

It's not, unless I guess you get a full team then deliberately disable some of the Librarians?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Realizations dump the full team in the fight without the chance to remove members.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Axe and Obsession might be 'good' and 'strong'.

People say Laetitia just serves to drop Hod from 'the meta'.

But that's all bullshit, because we have 50% BoD now, and memes are what make life worth living :colbert:

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
While we're talking Hod floor, I kinda love almost all of Hod's level 1 abno pages

Look of the Day is +2 Power to everything, which is just absurdly good for a level 1 card. The only reason not to pick is if you don't want the trouble of waiting for the face to be mad. Which is a fair reason, honestly.

+1-2 to Block dice from Social Distancing stacks really well with Shyness's controllable +1-2 to Block dice. Makes it worthwhile to run someone with a very block-focused deck and Your Shield + Liquified Flesh. Cumulus Wall gets to go 7-12, 7-9, 2-5 even if Social Distancing rolls 1 instead of 2, which is really good for a 1-cost. Or you can throw out a Feather Shield with its two 8-12 or 9-13 block dice. Either's probably gonna lose a clash with the third die since that's weak and has no boosts, but it's very good for deflecting 1 or 2-die cards and smacking them in return.

Axe is more Power to Slash dice, Power good, Slash good. Use Kim, laugh.

Glitter lets a Librarian clash with anyone it affects without needing to redirect them and gives +1-2 Power to everything against them. Ver good. Also pairs very well with level 2's Alertness, but you're way more likely to get that than Glitter.

Cocoon is paralysis. I'd probably rather take any of the above than it because they're Power, but it's still quite good. Could even be better than them in certain situations. For example, if you've got offensive cards with low ranges and are fighting a single enemy.

I'd argue Gift is the closest thing to a dud in the mix, really. Even it is perfectly serviceable, it just... doesn't help clashes, and the damage it adds isn't all that much.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away
gently caress. I really want Phillip and Oswald, but also, I really really want to traumatize Paul.

Winterdragon2004
Mar 28, 2021

I'll hear that wonderous sound again, even if it has to be from my own two hands
I just want to bring up how incredibly fitting that we get Paul after Laetitia considering:

TeeQue's LobCorp LP posted:

X-394 is a big facility, full of mysterious creatures known as Abnormalities. Many of these Abnormalities can do very bad things if they're handled improperly, and it's vitally important that our agents know just what may happen if they're careless. What's a manager to do?

Episode 1: Laetitia

Leoshiki
Jul 19, 2022
I'm a bit at a loss but who's Paul suppose to be?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Leoshiki posted:

I'm a bit at a loss but who's Paul suppose to be?

Paul was initially a default employee in update 1 of the LobCorp LP who managed to fail so hard at One Sin And Thousand of Good Deeds that he went crazy, on the BASIC, STARTING ABNO that is DESIGNED to be easy to work.

So, after a while, TQ brought him back as the host of a series of side updates showing dark sides to Abnormalites he had picked up that he knew how to avoid making breach or activating their downsides, showing off what happens if those do happen, called Better Call Paul with Hod as a co-host.

Crepuscule Adepte
Feb 21, 2008

Why is my hair purple? It's from the blood of everyone that lost a bet against me.
"Managed to fail so hard he went crazy" isn't really fair. TQ was specifically trying to force him to fail that badly and it still took 3 attempts for it to happen. Heck, the second attempt ended with Paul at 0 sanity and still sane, which deserves a lot of credit by itself.

...To which TQ responded by immediately sending him in. With 0 sanity.

In Character, the statement was that during Paul's time there weren't any regenerators to recover your HP or SP, so there were no heals beyond the ones provided by abnormalities. Out of character, TQ made a point to keep him out of the main rooms so that he couldn't heal any SP.

Leoshiki
Jul 19, 2022
So in short Paul is the I have no mouth, and I must scream level of pain but x10,000.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Don't traumatize poor Paul :(

Go for :krust:!