Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

Consider: It's AntiMizu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

NHO posted:

Consider: It's AntiMizu.

AngelaMizu?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
The Late Mizu

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Uzim

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
According to my notes here, it looks like the last member of Binah's floor is going to be...

Palutena Kid Icarus? That can't be right. I think my notes are broken. Who's been messing with my notes! :argh:

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

TeeQueue posted:

According to my notes here, it looks like the last member of Binah's floor is going to be...

Palutena Kid Icarus? That can't be right. I think my notes are broken. Who's been messing with my notes! :argh:

Binah and Palutena in the same place? The trolling will reach third trumpet levels!

oobitydoo
Oct 1, 2021

TeeQueue posted:

Hey, at least it's not 5 copies of the same Fire Emblem swordsman

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Waluigi confirmed for Binah

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Binah plays with items on just to troll people with the Gust Bellows.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Maybe it will be Apoc/Epoch Mizu.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
The Mizu Formerly Known as Mizu.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I'm sure that Binah had some librarians on her floor at this point in my playthrough, but maybe it's a patch thing.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 29, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Y'all wanna get Binah's extra Librarian now, but you still voted for the Gebura one, what gives?

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

Junpei posted:

Y'all wanna get Binah's extra Librarian now, but you still voted for the Gebura one, what gives?

im still pushing for that node as fast as possible because i think itd be funny to do it immediately

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

DuoRogue posted:

im still pushing for that node as fast as possible because i think itd be funny to do it immediately

Alas I would prefer to wait until after we do the general receptions. For reasons.

lyoid10
Jul 19, 2022
Happy new year

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Happy new year TeeQueue!

Lunatic 0verlord
Apr 9, 2022
Happy New Year! :five:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Happy New Year.

lyoid10
Jul 19, 2022

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Happy New Year.

You better watch out better watch out you better watch out YOU BETTER WATCH OUT YOU BETTER WATCH OUT !

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Happy new year, you guys!

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Book 37: Blue Reverberation—Chapter 2

Music: GuestBattle01

Everyone is carrying Puffy Brume today, but the only Smoke page any of them are using is Loss of Senses, which becomes stronger if the opponent has smoke. No points for realizing the enemy is running Smoke decks today. Because Smoke tends to deal heavy damage, I've also slapped recovery passives onto most of the team.

The first group of enemies is five Church of Gears Worshippers, which I shall hereafter call "Gears" because that's a mouthful to say every time.

Being Smoke-users, they have Puffy Brume to convert the effect into a buff, and Internal Combustion Engine increases the Smoke they gain by 1 stack any time they'd gain Smoke.

Meat Gear and Thought Gear, meanwhile, are more generalized powerups. Meat Gear is a straight damage bonus to the first offensive die of each page, and Thought Gear is a +1 Power to Evade dice specifically. In this fight, we only really need to worry about Meat Gear. They all also have the Stimulating Fumes passive, which will give them a block die against one-sided attacks so long as they have Smoke.

Music: HodBattle01

If the enemies look a little quiet, there's a reason for that. Back in Early Release, the Gears and Argalia all came with combat text like most enemies do. However, at some point the text was entirely removed—the filename associated with this combat is outright gone in my copy of the game's script.

Stay sharp, everyone. Those guests seem to be particularly interested in the Library, so we're here to get a good read on the personalities of our opponents in case we can use it to our advantage.

Jiminy willikers, we're supposed to do something like that? But I've only been trained in being nonthreateningly informative, Miss Hod!

That's fine. You can leave the heavy lifting to us. Just focus on combat.

Each of the Gears has only a single Speed die, so it's easy to think of this as a warmup round. That's… not entirely wrong, but if we assume this act is free we're going to be in for some pain.

This turn, the Gears are using 3 of their 5 offensive pages between them. This one is using Autonomous Rush. It's a basic page that gives 2 Smoke to the user on use, and whose first die inflicts 2 Smoke on hit to the opponent.

Assault Order, meanwhile, is a page that gets stronger if its target has Smoke applied to them. The numbers on it are decent, but because they've sent it out on the first turn we're going to be rolling right over it with our 3-cost pages.

And then… there's Vapour. This one page makes this fight a pain in the rear. The only relevant Key Page we have with good Slash resistance is Phillip's, and we can only have one of it. This means most of the time this attack is coming in unresisted. When they attack, the Gears get 5 Smoke on themselves all at once, boosting the damage by 25%. On top of this, Meat Gear boosts the damage we take by 2-3 points as well. We don't want to get hit by this.

Unfortunately, our only page with a lead die high enough to reliably block this is Deep Drag, which would grant them 8 Smoke if it hit, which would combine with Vapour to instantly max them out—basically, the worst case scenario. There are a number of combat pages we could get at this point to deal with this page, but all of them are in the other nodes available right now. As it stands, the best counter we have is Loss of Senses, which has a decent Block die to blunt the first hit, and follows up with a guaranteed draw 2 and possibly even a 2 Paralysis+1 Feeble if they've pumped their Smoke up too much.

We're going to take hits whenever Vapour comes out, and all we can really do is spread them around as best we can. Knowing how to take damage without losing anyone is a key part of succeeding in Star of the City.

Everyone's spare dice are dedicated to taking down one particular Gear as quickly as possible. The sooner we can throw a spanner in their works, the sooner we can stop taking damage.

Hey, so… I get why you're down there psychoanalyzing these guys or whatever, but… why am I here?

Because you… "know about famous Fixers," sir?

Yes, I know what she said, but…

Nevermind.

There there, sir. I'm sure you'll give us an edge somehow.

Eesh, look out for these guys. They pack a wallop!

Though at least it leaves them open afterwards.

That's some good news, at least.

One of the other issues we have with doing Blue Reverberation right now is that all of our opponents have some kind of resistance to Blunt damage. Our best combat pages are still largely Blunt options, meaning that they take half SR from every attack we make. Staggering enemies is going to be a little harder than normal.

Jeepies! This guy's still standing!

Their faith in their gears seems to give them more durability than we've seen before now.

Or maybe it's a ripple effect of that woman's distortion giving them power, like the Puppets and Tomerry.

Who cares? Just smash their brains in and let's get on with it.

This turn, the enemy uses both of the other pages they have available.

Guidance of the Gears is their Light regain page, and a straight upgrade to the one from Smiling Faces, since it has an Offense die on it. There's not much else to say about it.

Lastly, there's Defense Order. It's got decent dice, but it shouldn't cause many problems for us.

Altogether, the plan here is to take out the Gears while taking as few Vapour hits as possible. Since we've got a lot more to do today, let's just do the highlights.

One down. Four to go!

We lost enough clashes to get Axe to show up—Medea instantly gets it.

Hi-yah!

How are they doin'?

Two of those religious nuts are dead now.

Great. Wake me again when the real thing starts.

We then do too well to get Look of the Day, so we're without our guaranteed +2 Power. :lobcorp:

Music: HodBattle02

Medea then gets hit for over a third of her max HP in one shot.

Cantankering cogwheels… I finally got this one down, Miss Hod!

It seems things are approaching their end, then. Don't let the last one inflict any more damage.

No need to worry about that, Miss Hod.

This one's right where I want him.

So… did you manage to get anything useful out of them?

It's only a theory right now, but I don't believe the worshippers are fully in control of their bodies anymore. Those other gears inserted into their brains… Thought gears, they were called?

Those are the ones.

They're responsible for a large number of the movements the worshippers make. Targeting with piercing attacks between the gears or slashing attacks to remove the teeth is the best way to pause their motions.

That doesn't seem like a very… "psychological" analysis.

It's not, but it's the information that's the most useful to us right now.

There's not much information we can get out of enemies that don't talk, anyways.

Music: GuestBattle01

The second battle is the real one—Argalia's here, accompanied by four more Gears.

Argalia's another Shimmering opponent, has a metric ton of HP, and his only other ability gives him complete immunity to all Ranged combat pages. It's a rude surprise for players who are still coasting through off of the power of Full-Stop pages.

Music: HodBattle02

So… this is the 'ordeal.' And you're to be our opponents?

That's correct.

Come now, you don't need to be so tense. This is just a normal inspection…

Though if you don't live up to my expectations, you might wind up in bits on the floor.

On his first turn, Argalia uses three copies of Scout. It's a somewhat weakish page for someone of his strength, though the 4 Bleed from the second die can deal a decent chunk of damage to our Librarians if they get tagged. More importantly, he's got a total of 6 Block Counter dice, which will blunt offensives against him and can rack up decent Stagger damage against us if we attack him head on.

We're dogpiling him anyways, because he's the biggest threat in this fight. Yes, including Vapour—though we do have Hod set up to block one with a Loss of Senses. The other attacks sprinkled around are mostly to help gain Emotion Levels and keep the Gears from getting too much damage on us at once.

We don't take kindly to threats around here, even from a color.

Such powerful strikes you have there…

The speed leaves much to be desired, but you'll get there, I'm sure.

Nh…

Miss Hod!

I'm fine—go after Argalia.

Hyah-!

My, and you're a reckless one. Less power, but certainly more speed…

Oh well. Try again, I suppose.

Jeepies! His cloak's like a solid wall!

Then let's punch through it!

Not bad, not bad…

At this rate, we might have a chance…

Yes. He's not giving his all… testing us, like he said.

He's not acting like he's in any danger, either.

Meaning..?

You think he has a way out, right?

That's the most likely conclusion, yes.

It wouldn't surprise me at all. He's a slippery bastard.

Oh… I know that voice. So this is where you scurried off to, you little rat.

I thought this channel was secure.

It's supposed to be. Maybe because he's a Color?

I'd heard, but I didn't quite believe it, you know? I mean... you, at a library?

Well, I'm a little busy. We can catch up for a moment after I've finished these ones off.

He's changing up his intentions…

Great. He just got a little more serious.

On the second turn, Argalia uses a copy of Trails of Blue. This page has a single decently sized Slash die on it, and whoever is targeted by this page loses all Power bonuses (or penalties) on their next turn. We really want to keep this off of Medea, she needs that Power to keep running.

His other two attacks this turn are Preludio. This page has a pair of mediocre dice, but it's a high priority block: for each hit that lands, Argalia and all his allies get +1 Power to all their dice for the next turn. Vapour is bad. Vapour at +2 Power is worse.

Come, now. Show me that power of emotion that you're so famous for.

Everyone, I'm going to use the E.G.O. Don't hold anything back.

That costume's powerful, so it makes sense..

Be careful, Miss Hod.

Even the environment itself can be bent to your will here… truly, this Library is powerful.

That form… it looks quite lonely, doesn't it?

This child isn't lonesome. She simply wishes for space between herself and others.

As I said. No one can understand anyone like that.

Do you ever stop talking?!

I see… so that form can only be held up for a certain amount of time. Well, nothing is free, after all.

I'm falling back… Elle, switch.

Here I am!

How poetic… stepping in to protect your comrade.

Is this how you always fight?

It sure is!

Mmh… how dissonant. It's not beautiful at all…

And you still didn't manage to keep me from that leader of yours, in the end.

I sure did just completely forget to stop this Preludio. :shepface:

It's fine! Miss Hod isn't going to fall over after just a hit or two!

Such confidence…

I suppose I've played around almost long enough. If this is all you have, then it's clear this place is nowhere near complete.

Two scouts and a Preludio. It's incredibly important to stop the Preludio entirely this turn.

Hey, Blue Reverberation. What did you do to my body?

Whatever do you mean?

It's felt funny since you hit me.

Being hit by Trails of Blue inflicted Elle with 4 stacks of Vibration.

Oh… that. Do you really have time to worry about it right now?

I'll worry about what I feel like, thank you!

It doesn't do anything in this fight. We can safely ignore it.

It's a bad habit to be too headstrong, you know.

Vainglorious vapours, Miss Hod, we're taking a bit of a beating here!

Just hold on a little longer. We've got to be near the end of things.

Speaking of near the end of things, I'm not sure how much longer I can hold up, either.

It's okay… just… a little more.

You're all just about off-balance now, aren't you? I think it may be time…

Whatever you're planning, it's not going to work.

Oh… it isn't?

We pick up Black Swan at our next Emotion Level, as I suddenly need a Mass Attack on hand ASAP.

Music: HodBattle03

Tell you what. I've got my weapon all warmed up now… I'll go all out for a moment, and we'll see how well you can handle it.

I've got a baad feeling about this, Miss Hod.

Tempestuous Danza is Argalia's ultimate attack, and this turn he whips it out alongside a Scout and another Trails of Blue. Danza is a 4-hit multi-target attack coming at us with 2 Strength and no Paralysis. This means that the rolls will be, in order: 10, 9, 7, 5-6. This means Elle Tee is taking a guaranteed minimum of 62 damage due to Stagger—she is dead this turn no matter what. Of our other team members, Hod and Switch are both dangerously low on SR—they'll probably be Staggered by the attack as well. This is bad.

Since Hod's next turn is probably getting skipped, I throw down Black Swan with her—I'm relying on this to blunt much of the Gears' offense this turn. Switch clashes Danza with Overcharge, Medea uses Moulnet, Paul gives Repressed Flesh a try, and Hod goes for Loss of Senses. None of them can block every die, but they'll have to do.

The overall goal here is to do as much damage as we can to Argalia, while also trying to follow up against the Gears as best I can. Handling a situation like this one is as much art as science, and the most important thing I have to say about this turn's strategy is that I didn't bother pulling any of the Gears' attacks off of Elle, since they're wasted on her.

Now… let's begin the dance.

Not yet.

When both sides are using Mass Attacks, any Mass Attacks on our side will always come out first. They're a great way to get rid of leftover Light on a Librarian who's about to get Staggered or defeated by an enemy MA before their turn can go off.

And so, Hod lets out a pair of tremendous roars on the enemy.

All targets are still moving.

Darn it…

Oh… finished already?

Then allow me.

It's too fast…

During Tempestuous Danza, Argalia dashes to each target in a blue beam of light and appears slashing behind them. He does this for every person for each die of the attack.

Hm… One of them managed to defend against it.

Not expecting it, were you?

I'll turn things up.

Ghk-!

Ah, there we go. How resilient, to last so long despite everything…

Elle Tee! You son of a-!

Gah!

That ought to do it.

Like heck it will!

Ah, you were still standing? But an attack like that won't ever reach me…

It doesn't have to! Someone, status report, now!

Yes… "someone," please.

Hod and Switch are both out for now, Medea. It's just the two of you.

Hear that, Paul?! We need your A-game!

Uh-huh! I'll give it all I've got this time!

On this, the grandest of stages, I've charmed the entire audience.

Not… like this…

But you shouldn't forget the other performers.

Miss Hod done got booked, Miss Medea!

I can see that!

And just like that… I've handled this one too while his eyes are somewhere else.

Ahh, beans!

That's as far as you go.

Your comrades are dropping like flies, you're nearly dead, and you're still coming at me without a hint of fear.

Crying won't change it. Neither will running. And ultimately…

A weakling like you isn't anything to be scared of.

Weakling? Even after all of that?

It's a shame, but I'll have to break this one's bluster to pieces before we go…

…………Right now? Can it perhaps wait for a moment or two?

…It can't be helped, if that's the case.

What the hell are you on about?!

It seems it's time to go already.

Don't you run away from me, you bastard!

I'm afraid I must. My exit has already been prepared. Have fun with the others, now!

Once we reduce him to 250 HP, Argalia will leave the Library early. The hard part of the fight is officially over.

…Is what I would be saying, if we weren't seriously on the backfoot right now. Thankfully, we've got an ace in the hole.

With only 3 Librarians left, it's roughly 30 Emotion Coins to recharge our E.G.O. Elle's death gave us 12, Hod's gave us another 9, and Argalia being defeated was worth 3 more. From there, the Clashes generated the rest of what we needed to be able to spam Black Swan two turns in a row.

Further, Medea knocking Argalia out gave her +1 Light, and her To Overcome Crisis last turn gave her another +1 Light thanks to Tempestuous Danza hitting her to below 25% of her max HP, putting her at exactly the 6 Light necessary to use it.

That blue bastard is the one who killed Elle… He'll pay for it later. But you bastards are the ones who killed Miss Hod…

Don't think for a second I'm going to forget about that.

As long as I draw breath, you won't lay a finger on anyone else.

Not one step forward, you hear me?!

Medea's Black Swan takes out one Gear entirely, Staggers a second, and breaks both dice of the remaining two. The enemy doesn't get to make a single move this turn.

Covering cigni… I never thought I'd be happy to see that form.

Are you two okay?

…Elle Tee and Miss Hod died… Right in front of my eyes. I couldn't…

Suck it up. We're finishing this.

Yes ma'am!

I'll intercept the one that's still got fight in him. You two clean up.

Hold on there, ma'am… you're just about to—

I… will be fine.

Yes'm.

Let's clean these three up while we can, then.

Darn! Tootin! Switch!

Mine's down.

Then we're all done…

Well… that's the end of it. Nothing to do now but clean them up… and remember th-

Knowledge is just pain plus observation! Have a-

:catstare:

Er… sorry, ma'am. Reflex.

Outside of Vapour, the Gears themselves are no threat—fittingly, this reception is all about how well we can handle Argalia. It's very possible to blitz him down before he ever gets Tempestuous Danza off, and that's really the ideal way to handle the fight. In our case, however, we were able to meet his absurdly OP Mass Attack with two of our own—a close fight, but sometimes it's as simple as spamming your most powerful moves until the enemy stops moving.

Music: Result

It's over… Good job, you three.

I'm just glad you guys aren't really… y'know.

We nearly bit off more than we could chew... That was a lot.

Take all the time you need. I'll handle the books today.

Hey, boss. You sure got quiet… seemed like the Blue Reverberation knew you, though?

Yeah… we've met a few times. Don't really get along with him, either.

You seemed to really not want to talk to him, though.

Like I said… we don't get along. I don't suppose we know where he went?

Sorry, sir. He's gone.

VIDEO
Music: Lobby

We couldn’t get a proper book out of him, either.

I really wanted to take a peek at that lunatic’s mind for once…

Do you need that person’s book above anything else?

…It’s for personal reasons, to be frank.

The Blue Reverberation seemed to be after the Red Mist… Then, perhaps a book of the Red Mist could lure him back here again.

I appreciate the thought, but how exactly are we gonna do that? You know the original Red Mist kinda doesn’t exist anymore.

About that, we might have a way around it…

Is he aware that I was the cause of that phenomenon?

He’s no ordinary guy, so it’s possible he’s noticed it.

Then the Blue Reverberation’s goal may be taking revenge on me, perhaps.

No, rather… Anyone who lost what they found precious to the Distortion would resent me once they learned I was responsible for the phenomenon.

Well, maybe. Do you regret it or anything?

I’m not really sure. All I can say for certain is that it’s not exactly pleasant to know that the resentment against me is growing. Even then, it was ultimately the fault of the one man who trapped me inside for eons that the City came to suffer.

I feel much better thinking about it that way. I don’t care if the Blue Reverberation wants vengeance or not. It’s but one of the many clashes between my desire and the City folks’ desires.

Right you are. That’s that, and this is this.

With that ordeal over, we've opened up Gebura's next Abnormality Battle, as well as another new reception. As for who we'd be receiving… well, Angela may have given that one away already.

Next time, on Library of Ruina

"The smiling faces are unfamiliar yet sorrowful."

The Red Mist makes her return… again.

To give them more of a chance, I'm putting the other three options into one place this time.

Videos

Blue Reverberation 2

New Key Pages

New Combat Pages

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Jan 3, 2023

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017

quote:

Red Mist

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm surprised TQ doesn't go with Roland when facing Argalia. Then again, going all out with combat dialogue means entering spoiler territory ahead of time. Even Argalia's special combat line may spoils thing ahead of time.

Argalia also has special combat line against the former Color, Gebura.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Your Everyday NEET posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm surprised TQ doesn't go with Roland when facing Argalia. Then again, going all out with combat dialogue means entering spoiler territory ahead of time. Even Argalia's special combat line may spoils thing ahead of time.

Argalia also has special combat line against the former Color, Gebura.

No, he doesn't.

Tha Updort posted:

If the enemies look a little quiet, there's a reason for that. Back in Early Release, the Gears and Argalia all came with combat text like most enemies do. However, at some point the text was entirely removed—the filename associated with this combat is outright gone in my copy of the game's script.

He used to. It was excised entirely, probably for that exact reason.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
New Key Pages

Puffy Brume is Puffy Brume. Internal Combustion Engine's nice. The other two are pretty mediocre - evade die aren't nearly as useful as block die since they don't trigger Lean, Bloody Wings.

New Combat Pages

Say hello to Bamboo Hatted Kim's new best friend. That's a whopping 14-24 coming off him! Using this as fuel for Flesh Filet and Hidden Blade is an excellent combo. Otherwise it's just slash-type Deep Drag without the evade die and with 4 points of smoke moved from the enemy to yourself. That's a pretty good deal.

That wimpy 2-6/3-7 leading evade die is a problem. It'll almost certainly mean you eat a hit when you use this page. Not worth it.

An above-average slash die followed by a below-average pierce die. Decent smoke gain and infliction. Solid enough, but you'll probably not bother using it.

That is a very beefy block die - that high minimum roll mean it'll beat out most cards in this tier guaranteed, especially with block passives - followed by an average slash die. It's a good tool for both block-based decks and Smoke Kim.

A notable upgrade from Smoking Pipe for Smoke deck light regen.

Edit:

TeeQueue posted:

No, he doesn't.

He used to. It was excised entirely, probably for that exact reason.
Is it really spoiler territory when you should have drat well realized that they're brothers in law by this point?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

GilliamYaeger posted:

Edit:

Is it really spoiler territory when you should have drat well realized that they're brothers in law by this point?

This is not a question I can answer here without having to report my own post for breaking my rules, I'm going to the games thread.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
Blame TQ for this, this had nothing to do with me, he sent me this exact joke like 5 times in DMs

Xenav
Feb 21, 2012

After what we've seen, we're going to need more than THAT to save us...
Well, a good upgrade for our smoke usage overall from the church. I'd be talking more about it, but Gilliam basically said everything I would of.

I am going to enjoy watching this next node fight, since I came down this route first.

Edit: And then Meta posted more art while I was deciding if I should add my own two cents on the Church pages. It's good humor. :five:

Xenav fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jan 2, 2023

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
While it may theoretically be a neat idea for Roland to fight, this iteration of the fight was only won because of the Black Swan mass attack. Keter doesn't have enough to compensate for not having E.G.O compared to the currently complete floors.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Particularly nice bantz this time around. Caught Reverb's voice pretty nicely, I think.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Oh, also, the poll is definitely compromised. I just saw the Red Mist option get like 10 votes in the span of 30 seconds.

So that's a thing :v:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

quote:

!!!!! RED MIST

What the hell?

BassMug
Jul 19, 2022

the Orb of Zot posted:

What the hell?

We really… mist her :D

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

GilliamYaeger posted:

That wimpy 2-6/3-7 leading evade die is a problem. It'll almost certainly mean you eat a hit when you use this page. Not worth it.

Not even 3-7; the +1 on this page is for Offensive Dice only. Which makes the lovely leading Evade die even worse. :/

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I will always vote for literally anything else and you can't stop me!

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.

the Orb of Zot posted:

What the hell?

Well yeah, the Red Mist is kind of a badass, so of course they get the special five exclamation ranking.

Oh you mean what could that possibly mean in terms of battle? Wait and find out, heh heh heh…

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
I am a simple man, and the prospect of sending TeeQueue up against a 5! fight with nearly nothing earned from the tier amuses me. I have no idea what the fight will be like, but I'm looking forward to how that hurdle gets overcome.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.

Dirk the Average posted:

I am a simple man, and the prospect of sending TeeQueue up against a 5! fight with nearly nothing earned from the tier amuses me. I have no idea what the fight will be like, but I'm looking forward to how that hurdle gets overcome.

like i said. I figured it would be really funny to send him there as fast as possible.

TeeQueue posted:

Guidance of the Gears is their Light regain page, and a straight upgrade to the one from Smiling Faces, since it has an Offense die on it. There's not much else to say about it.

I'm going to contest this. Pure-defensive economy pages are extremely rare and I have had great success using them when possible. Were they not in two seperate tiers I would not hesitate to call guidance a downgrade that exists only for singleton reasons.

GilliamYaeger posted:

Say hello to Bamboo Hatted Kim's new best friend. That's a whopping 14-24 coming off him! Using this as fuel for Flesh Filet and Hidden Blade is an excellent combo. Otherwise it's just slash-type Deep Drag without the evade die and with 4 points of smoke moved from the enemy to yourself. That's a pretty good deal.

similarly, smoke is a joke to apply to self, really hard to apply to enemies. Its probably better than yield if you can spare a passive point for puffy brume, but I also consider vapor an overall downgrade to guidance.

anyway shoutouts to macrosis mod for redoing basically all the gear pages and making them stronger. Vapor is a 4 cost but smokes EVERYONE a little bit and gains a counter die, autonomous rush applies smoke on both dice, assault order's buff applies to the evade die and will give you smoke if you don't have enough, guidance gets a counter-evade, and defense order gives some protection.

DuoRogue fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 2, 2023

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ok, everyone can stop voting now. We have achieved Funny Number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Mountain of Smiling Bodies is our first fight with an Aleph that isn't in a Realization, that's a new milestone!