Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me
Does the library have a basement where the Librarian come to play pool and smoke cigar?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

L.U.I.G.I posted:

Does the library have a basement where the Librarian come to play pool and smoke cigar?

That's just netzach's floor.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Tenebrais posted:

They explained what it stood for in LobCorp. It's D.A.D. Always D.A.D.

You know that's just a D.A.D. joke.

Yveltal
Jul 19, 2022

KobunFan posted:

You know that's just a D.A.D. joke.

But does that make it any less true?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Appendix 37: Complete R Corp

Rudolph’s Complete Page posted:

R Corp. is particularly famous as a private military company. No matter how many combatants die in battle, we fill the vacancy with new soldiers in no time. It was natural for the Wings giving us requests to wonder what kind of Singularity we have to pump out so many mercenaries in such a short time frame. Besides, our soldiers weren’t lacking in combat prowess by any means, so there had to be more to us than just hiring many people. The mercenaries of R Corp. don’t fear death in the first place; they don’t hesitate to carry out any tasks. We’re big in numbers, casualties are replaced quickly, and we fearlessly proceed and get the job done. R Corp’s mercs were ideal for Outskirts explorations and other dangerous operations.

How could such a feat be possible, then? People started making guesses.
“There has to be only one answer: They must be cloning people.”
“No, they’ve got to be robots. R Corp. has been developing war machines in secret!”
“Won’t the Head arrest them if they tried to clone humans?”
“That’s a good point.”

At the end of the day people just laughed it off, talking about how nonsensical their hypotheses were and how secretive Singularities are. Maybe they had the right answer, though they missed the mark a bit.

It’s true that R Corp. uses cloning technology. For that, we had to make a promise with the Head: No more than one of the same person should exist in the City for longer than seven days. The first half I can understand, but I’m still not sure why they set a limit on how long. Is it related to some kind of ethic we aren’t aware of?

Oh, no, we don’t just clone humans and call it a day. We select the fittest one among them. Inside the Hatchery, dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of them fight to the death. We have to kill the clones that look just like us, eat them, and prevail. The larger the population is and the more time given, the finer a clone is made. And the scariest part of it all is finding myself beginning to think this way.

Think about it. Is it really an admirable trait to have no fear of death? I have to disagree. When you know that you’ll die someday, you don’t put off your duties forever. You’re bound to pick them up even if you rest for a day or two. And when your life is at stake, you try all kinds of things to survive. That’s when people feel that they’re alive. Maybe I said people guessed our secret right—because our lives aren’t much different from a machine’s. One thing I’m afraid of is that hell of a selection game. As time passed, my fear of it changed to weariness. Is this the real life?

Maxim’s Complete Page posted:

The L Corp. that came before Lobotomy Corporation imposed unfair conditions, and many Wings weren’t happy about it. There’s W Corp, which had to raise admission fees and get less trains running because of the energy deficiency. Also F Corp, which wanted to experiment with Fairies to use ‘em in various ways, but failed to produce satisfactory results because they didn’t get enough energy… And many other Wings had a thing or two to say about the older L Corp, but they didn’t have the gall to say it out loud. There weren’t many alternatives that could provide such huge amounts of energy. These conditions soon became a hot topic among Wing employees and Cityfolks in general! “Who’s gonna be the one to change that miserly L Corp?” Then someone next to ‘em would say, “Who has the courage to do that? We all know that’ll lead to a war between Wings. No choice but to live like this.”

Though there was another reason to do something about that L Corp: It produced a massive amount of fumes. At first, it was thought to be a kind of smoke that’s no different from what factories chug out; but over time, people realized that this was affecting the residents around it negatively. Some people would suddenly start wishing for the happiness of some others, and still others would spend most of their time staring off into space. What’s more, people had signs of sicknesses all over their bodies, and they started wandering around L Corp’s Nest. Was like they were returning to their hometown or something.

One day, some rich person visited us and said that a war will break out soon. Said we’ll get some benefits if we helped her.

That gave us a bigger thing to worry about than an upcoming destruction. A war is about to happen? Nikolai collected her thoughts and calmly asked why a war was going to occur.

That person paused for a bit, then spoke in a languid tone. I was creeped out by how she said it like it was no big deal.

“When one person’s pure ambition and another’s tragic obsession join together, a dream is destined to be born.”

Myo’s Complete Page posted:

Long ago, there was a battle between huge Syndicates. I won’t bother saying when. Those kinds of things happen all the time in the Backstreets. And I had the misfortune of getting caught up in the middle of one. The fight was so fierce and intimidating, the young little Myo had to shiver in a corner. I couldn’t find a gap to run through, and there weren’t any hiding spots around me, either. All I did was crawl to a wall, crouch into a ball, and pray that no eyes fall on me. Stupid, wasn’t I?

My prayers didn’t work. A Syndicate member spotted me, and I closed my eyes tight, thinking this was the end. When I took a short breath in, I heard the sound of a sword cutting through flesh followed by the sound of a person collapsing to the floor. I thought swords like that would hurt a lot, but I felt pretty okay. The situation was so surreal, I was starting to believe that I didn’t feel my body hit the floor because a person’s senses are dulled moments before death. Then I realized I was staying conscious for too long for someone that just got cut with a sword. I mustered up the courage to open my eyes. I’ve got to see what’s going on at least, y’know what I mean? I slowly opened my eyes… to a scene I’ll never forget. A person covered in red massacring all the Syndicate members in front of me. She was literally chopping them up with her massive blade, and they were helpless against it. I was looking at it in awe, I didn’t even think to check my body.

Thud. With the last Syndicate member down, the street was open. She looked around, turned to see me, and… Wow… My face would’ve looked so dumb. I don’t even wanna remember that. Anyway, she pointed at an alleyway with that weird sword of hers and told me that I’ll be able to save myself if I ran that way, and that the rest is up to me. Instead of thanks, all that got out of my mouth was a stupid mumble like “Ah…” I leaned on a wall and barely stood up with shaky legs. I need to run before more people come this way… But I was so terrified. Even the person who saved me, she was red all the way and looked so scary.

While I was dithering, she sighed at me and approached me. Did I frustrate her? Is she gonna kill me now? Was my savior an impatient and ill-tempered freak after all? I collapsed on the floor. I mean, think about it. A scary humanoid thing fully covered in armor, walking toward you with a greatsword decorated with red flesh… It was a miracle I didn’t faint on the spot. She grabbed my arm, set me up right, and said in a dry voice: “It’s not the strong who survive, it’s the survivors who are strong.” Then she shoved my back, and I started running before I could thank her. I didn’t look back once. I was so embarrassed, comparing myself to her.

Ever since that day, I trained myself, aspiring to become like the hero that saved me that day; and landed a job at R Corp. I wanted to become a hero myself and save the lives of others… What I wanted more than anything, though, was to meet that person once more. R Corp. participated in most large battles in the City, so I expected to see her someday. I thought she’d have been alive all along since she was tough. I was going to thank her and show her how much stronger I had gotten since then if I did get to see her again.

But, I… well, yeah, I couldn’t tell her. Not just because I never saw the Red Mist again… or Gebura, as she is called now. We did meet each other after a long time, but that’s another story. I wouldn’t have been able to say it even if I met the Red Mist when she was alive and well. I got embarrassed of myself again. I thought I’d saved everyone, but after all, what I’ve been doing was far from being a hero.

Hey, what do you think a hero is?

Nikolai’s Complete Page posted:

In the past, the Fourth Pack was considered a thorn in the side of R Corp. In other words, we were a headache that they couldn’t find a good enough excuse to remove. Which was frankly understandable as we were a total foul-up of an army at the time, and it took a considerable amount of time for us to improve to our current state.
The Rhino Team: Powerful, but easily agitated and uses its strength to destroy everything all too often.
The Reindeer Team: Prone to suffer a nervous breakdown in prolonged battles, causing damage to its allies.
And the Rabbit Team: Their thirst for blood leaves no margin for sloppiness at the cost of killing civilians.
To put it in the nicest way possible, they had a unique niche only they could fill; and as a matter of fact, bringing them to orthodox battles would do more harm than good. Not so long after, I received the news that they were planning to destroy our Pack. Perhaps they deemed it a waste to spend any more energy on us.

The news of destruction didn’t come off as much of a surprise as I’d expected. Or maybe I was so panicked that my hair had turned white. There wasn’t much I could say. What more can I say to this person, who isn’t even part of R Corp. All I can do is humbly accept my fate. The guest, who had an impressive pair of red eyes and dashing brown hair, looked at me and gently smiled. Her demeanor took a sharp, cold turn. I wouldn’t have been able to tell that this person had a talkative and lighthearted side if I hadn’t seen her speak mere moments ago.

After a moment of silence, she slowly opened her mouth. A large-scale war was about to occur. If we made big enough contributions in that war, we might be able to avoid being destroyed. That wasn’t a suggestion or a plea for help. It was a semi-mandatory request. The reward: We get to avoid termination. Her attitude was something else; the way she confidently delivered her speech in front of me gave off a certain sense of conviction. It was as if she were saying she’s going to make the war happen. Baffled, I let out a bout of laughter. I knew we weren’t in the position to refuse it.

And she was right; a huge war broke out soon after. Thick smoke covered that Nest.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
The woman mentioned in Maxim and Nikolai's books is Dias, master of the Udjat and a major character from Distortion Detective.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Poor Myo :(

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Huh, so L Corp seems to always be the power company Wing; it wasn't just a LobCorp thing. And even if it's not explicitly mentioned I'm gonna guess that the war that led to the fall of LobCorp's predecessor is the Smoke Wars we've heard about before. Which means that when Roland fought on the winning side and then got denied the right to move to a Nest like he was promised, there's a good chance it's LobCorp that hosed him over.

Now I'm imagining Roland finding out it's directly Ayin's fault so he can bond with Angela over their shared hatred. Just the both of them having a good laugh as Angela recounts failed loops like the one where A saw Censored and immediately shat himself and wouldn't stop screaming like a little girl, or the one where he couldn't even manage Skull Bro properly, or that other one where he stumbled, fell on his desk, then ran around screaming for 20 minutes while covered in cacti.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Huh, so L Corp seems to always be the power company Wing; it wasn't just a LobCorp thing. And even if it's not explicitly mentioned I'm gonna guess that the war that led to the fall of LobCorp's predecessor is the Smoke Wars we've heard about before. Which means that when Roland fought on the winning side and then got denied the right to move to a Nest like he was promised, there's a good chance it's LobCorp that hosed him over.

Now I'm imagining Roland finding out it's directly Ayin's fault so he can bond with Angela over their shared hatred. Just the both of them having a good laugh as Angela recounts failed loops like the one where A saw Censored and immediately shat himself and wouldn't stop screaming like a little girl, or the one where he couldn't even manage Skull Bro properly, or that other one where he stumbled, fell on his desk, then ran around screaming for 20 minutes while covered in cacti.

That L Corp was not Lobotomy Corp, aka not the L Corp run by Ayin. I'm not sure why Roland would hate Ayin's guts for something he didn't cause?

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

quote:

…I won’t forget this. K Corp. and I Corp… No, if any of the Wings dare reach out to me asking for help, why I’ll make you regret it.

Also, this suggests that those two corporations were the ones offering a free position in their nests for being a participant in their war. The Pianist hit District 9, which I assume is I Corp? Ayin had nothing to do with Roland being rejected.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Evil Kit posted:

That L Corp was not Lobotomy Corp, aka not the L Corp run by Ayin. I'm not sure why Roland would hate Ayin's guts for something he didn't cause?

That L Corp was on the losing side of the Smoke Wars though and got replaced by LobCorp. Roland was on the winning side. Then he got told the deal had changed by the winners of the war, which would include the now-promoted-to-Wing LobCorp run by Ayin.

Marluxia posted:

Also, this suggests that those two corporations were the ones offering a free position in their nests for being a participant in their war. The Pianist hit District 9, which I assume is I Corp? Ayin had nothing to do with Roland being rejected.

Ah, I'd missed that.

I'm still comfortable blaming Ayin for anything bad until proven otherwise though. He was a dick.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

I'm still comfortable blaming Ayin for anything bad until proven otherwise though. He was a dick.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Didn't Ayin orchestrate the Smoke War in the first place?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
He probably had a hand in it, yeah. By then he'd already pried the info on how to become a Wing from Binah's head so the existing L Corp had to go for the Light plan to move forward. I don't think it's a coincidence, or that the other corps would have been so eager to kick in LotsaSmoke Corp's poo poo if there wasn't an alternative already lined up, since expensive energy is still better than no energy.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

quote:

“When one person’s pure ambition and another’s tragic obsession join together, a dream is destined to be born.”

Dias is probably referring to working with Ayin with this line.

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023

Kith posted:

Didn't Ayin orchestrate the Smoke War in the first place?

From what the books we just got say, it seems like Dias did most of the actual organization, but Ayin was the guy who made the war happen in the sense that he was able to generate much more power than "old L Corp" and didn't have the side effect of massive mind-melting smoke. Of course, the *real* reason behind the war was the Seed of Light project, but I really don't think anybody but him knew that at that point, except maybe Benjamin if he was still around.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

He probably had a hand in it, yeah. By then he'd already pried the info on how to become a Wing from Binah's head so the existing L Corp had to go for the Light plan to move forward. I don't think it's a coincidence, or that the other corps would have been so eager to kick in LotsaSmoke Corp's poo poo if there wasn't an alternative already lined up, since expensive energy is still better than no energy.

I still think it’s the strangest thing that the application process was some deep secret.

Maybe this is how you’re supposed to find out, and the point is to filter for those with the temperament to act as a Wing acts? Maybe every single Wing is nervous about the Head learning about the Arbiter in their personal closet?

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
That might just be the thread's interpretation of it, tbh. I can't remember if there's something like that actually mentioned. The actual content might have been details about the Head's operations and existing Wings so LobCorp could grow without attracting too much attention until it was ready to take on LungMelter Corp, and to keep the Light plan under wraps. Or whatever other information might have given Ayin an edge over existing Wings and potential rivals.

It's just funnier to think that becoming a Wing boils down to knowing the passphrase to get the secret menu paperwork.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Book 46: The Purple Tear—Chapter 1

Music: Lobby

Our final node in Star of the City requires only the Red Mist's book. Let's see just what's waiting for us behind it, shall we?

VIDEO
Music: StoryJinji

It’s all thanks to your advice, my dear mentor. Without your help, I couldn’t have come this far or joined hands with this wonderful crew of allies.

Come on, you’re flattering me. You’re not the type to say such things.

Wouldn’t you like to join us?

Sorry, but I’m just not cut out for music.

That’s a pity. I’d really love to return the favor somehow. You were the only one who showed me the light when I was lost, dear mentor.

Honestly, I thought you were little more than some deranged maniac until you came to me.

My, you’ve got no breaks on your mouth. So, how are things going for you?

I’ve gathered the members so sweetly. And we’ve nourished the Library just as you advised.

You were so quick about it, it’s almost obese at this point.

I’m so excited, you see? I can finally be myself soon enough…

I was lonely, to tell you the truth. So painfully lonely. The loneliness born from the belief that we could never understand each other.

The two of you suffered terrible things at such a young age, so the bond between you both must’ve been even more special.

You’re right. I had thought the only reason I lived was because my sister was alive… Because Angelica hadn’t died yet. But even after Angelica left me… I was terribly lonely, yet I wanted to live.

I just couldn’t give up my life with my own hands by any means.

That I had merely put the meaning of my life on Angelica and run from it. The performance that will soon echo through the City will be my journey to seek the meaning to live… and be the proof of my life. All of us will be freed from loneliness. It’s a farewell to this gloomy and solitary City. Like the Pianist, all of us can become one and perform together.

That’s touching.

A dirge for Angelica… Yes. You said the power of the Distortion would be needed if I wanted to spread the beautiful melody Angelica showed me through every corner of the City. Thanks to that advice, I managed to form a wonderful crew.

Take a look at the members of the ensemble, dear mentor. They can’t be compared to the humans corroded by the City.

They were abandoned, scorned… struggled in anguish and sorrow after what they cherished was taken from them… But they didn’t give up; they clawed their way out of the deep dark abyss, and found their truest forms…

With a crew like this… I’ll be able to inscribe that tune into every part of the City once again.

While I get that your mind is brimming with enthusiasm… It’s not a won game yet, though, is it? You still have to take the Library’s Light in your own hands.

Hahaha… Ah, you’re right. I was elated like a little child for a moment.

Even though it’s still not in my grasp just yet…

That light… I could almost touch it, but not quite snatch it…

Hadn’t you lost all meaning to your life ages ago? I’m pretty sure you’re lonelier than most. Yet you still refuse to join us.

That’s harsh, kid. I do have at least one reason to live, you know?

I wonder if it’s true that you know everything, dear mentor. I’m grateful from the bottom of my heart for you coming to me and helping us prepare our performance.

I thought you were helping me out of pity… I believed you were motivated by pure sympathy for me.

…The person in your heart?

Yes. She speaks to me in such a wondrous and clear voice, a voice I’d never ever heard in this world.

Now, Iori… Could she be speaking the truth?

Then, what’s the true motive behind my dear teacher’s assistance?

Dunno. My guess is as good as yours. Maybe looking at you reminded me of my son…

What? Hahaha… Ah, Iori… You’re such a tearjerker. Your son died more than 40 years ago…

…What’s your true motive in helping me?

I thought you’d always remain a dorky and naive little kid… Looks like you’ve grown smarter after making friends and stuff, huh?

Mhm. A place you want to go, is it. Where could you be wanting to go so desperately to treat me with such kindness… You have the ability to jump between dimensions, you should be able to go anywhere and know anything with ease…

Kid. This power isn’t as easily abusable as you might think.

Enough of this fluff…

I don’t want you living any longer, Iori.

You knew I was going to do this, didn’t you? What is my all-knowing mentor going to do now, I wonder…

Music: StoryNervous

…Pipe Organ.

That brain of yours you put to work was far inferior to my Thought Gears.

…Harp.

How about I break ‘er arms and legs before she can think about running away.

…Viola.

You’ve lost something precious to you… Surely you can understand us.

…Cello.

Aha! How about a snake show drenched in strawberry juice?! The fleshy fruit will make an explosive display!

Clarinet…

Horn… Tuba… Trombone.

First Violin…

…Percussion.

And Second Violin.

Iori… We don’t need you anymore.

That’s funny. Welp… It might have been but a brief moment to you guys, but for me, it was a long and valuable time.

Please don’t talk nonsense all of a sudden.

Sir Argalia! She has the invitation!

Tch…! Stop her!

Iori, let me ask you one question.

Angela! You have a guest waiting at the door!

…Can you sincerely not hear her mesmerizing voice?

Music: Lobby

I’m starting to see why he’s been up to his crazy antics now.

What’s with that face? Anything bothering you?

They said they’re after the Library’s Light. That means their aim… overlaps with ours.

I guess so. …Are you scared that they’d steal it from you?

No. You and the other librarians are handling receptions well enough. I have much faith in you. Though, I would be lying if I said I had no fear.

You can just say that you don’t trust us enough.

That’s not it. Something’s… different.

…You’re right. I wonder why. Most of the guests we’ve greeted so far had a vague purpose. They only sought to earn the books and get back. Not to have the books themselves, either… Most were planning to give them to their superiors, such as the leader of the Syndicate or the higher-ups of the Association. Of course, all of it was done on the premise that it’ll ultimately bring happiness to themselves.

But the Ensemble is different. They have a clear objective. And their goal is the same thing I seek. There’s a considerable contrast between those who act in the interests of others and those who act strictly for themselves.

I never had to worry about it being taken in the past, but the situation has changed now, hasn’t it?

So, what I’m getting at is that they scare you because their goal is taking the thing you’re gathering, and not because they might be too strong?

Yes. Now theft has become a concern of mine thanks to them.

Music: Entrance

Age hasn’t stopped my heart from still being so excitable. That aside, this place handles transportation pretty gently, unlike how I do it.

Everyone and their mother’s heard about you and your Library by now, so let’s skip the introductions. Since you probably saw what was going on out there… You have a basic idea of how things went, yeah?

…You’re rather knowledgeable.

Looking at the state of the Library… Guess I didn’t have to worry so much. And you seem to be making steady progress towards becoming a human, too.

All thanks to the kiddo being quick to set up the stage, huh?

Then why are you helping me?

Helping you?

You ensured the steady growth of the Library in substance. Am I wrong?

You want us to make sure that the Blue Sicko and his friends can’t get their hands on the Library’s power?

Take it however you will.

And extract a book from me. It’ll be pretty helpful. I have a fair amount of info in my head.

You’re asking to be killed nonchalantly… Are all Colors out of their minds?

Course I’m not. I’ll fight with all my strength. If you can’t best this old woman… I’ll ruin the Library in my own way. Although I can’t completely kill you, I do have a number of ideas for breaking a being that has become quite close to human.

I get what you’re saying. Why don’t you cut the nonsense and get inside now?

The director of a library where countless bits of knowledge are accumulated wants to part with her past memories… What irony.

Just focus on finding your book.

Gee, aren’t you cold. But if that’s what the library director says, I gotta listen. Oh, and one more thing…

May you find your book in this place.

He seemed pretty unstable back then… Still, I guess he also played a part in helping the Library expand so much, huh?

All right. Let’s see how great this Library place is, shall we?

Next time, on Library of Ruina: Iori disrespects the rules of the Library.

Videos

Purple Tear 1

*THUD*

That voice… no way. She was a Color?

Uhh… Talow? You dropped your books. I know the visions can be a little sudden, but…

Earth to Talow?

A second. I need a second to figure this out.

He is lost to us now… stuck within a prison of his own design, for who could say how long.

Translation?

If I had to guess… that was the voice of the person who stabbed him.

I… yes, but. How did you know that?

Why else would you have turned as white as a sheet?

In that case, I suppose we shall observe the fight.

Why are you being nice, old man?

I have faith that your journey to get here had meaning. By pursuing this path, we may find what that meaning was.

Not to mention we'll get to see how she uses those three swords. There's got to be lots we can learn.

You know she hasn't murdered me yet in this timeline… :sigh: gently caress it, I'm in. Maybe we will learn something.

Yeah.. and being in the observation box should make sure we don't get run through while we do it.

Always a plus. :rolleyes:

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
Let’s gooooooooo

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
if you listen to the flashback before Tiphereth's realization, Iori's voice is clearly the person who was talking to Roland.

Iori gave each of the Distortions the title of an instrument that's a part of an orchestra.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Oh boy... Talow was shanked by Iori? I think I see what you're setting up here, TQ... let's see if the game works with it.

Also, Iori is based on Touhou's Yukari Yakumo and you can't change my mind.

Yveltal
Jul 19, 2022

TeeQueue posted:

You want us to make sure that the Blue Sicko and his friends can’t get their hands on the Library’s power?

Aww, Angela's learning so much from Roland. :allears:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

TeeQueue posted:

You’re asking to be killed nonchalantly… Are all Colors out of their minds?

Been asking myself the same question, Angela. There's obviously exceptions like Gebura, but goddamn, whatever scoring system they use to decide if you're worthy of having a color assigned probably has a criteria like "Completely batshit? +10 points".

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also worth noting, Iori was blatantly manipulating Argalia into doing his entire.. whatever the gently caress he's up to, until a certain voice ratted her out to him. Fun, fun.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Also worth noting, Iori was blatantly manipulating Argalia into doing his entire.. whatever the gently caress he's up to, until a certain voice ratted her out to him. Fun, fun.

Considering other details we learn in Limbus, it get even funnier.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Been asking myself the same question, Angela. There's obviously exceptions like Gebura, but goddamn, whatever scoring system they use to decide if you're worthy of having a color assigned probably has a criteria like "Completely batshit? +10 points".

I think it's like Devil Hunting in Chainsaw Man: You have to be a certain level of batshit to reach that point. The City is not a logical place and those who rise to the top have something wrong about them. Even Kali being a, you know, moral person was kind of insane in the City. I don't think there is a single Color that has the same style of thinking as is usual in the City.

MFDelta
Oct 9, 2012

You don’t have to be crazy to work here, but it helps!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

TeeQueue posted:

It seems the Library has a visitor. Unlike in Lobotomy Corporation, there's no cognition filter to make everything look cartoonish.

Can’t believe this is how she handled it…

A blast from the past!

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'm guessing that this Lori personage was somehow connected to that piano person from earlier in the story, but I have no clue as to how or why. Honestly I'm not even sure what anyone's goals are yet other than The blue wavy person wanting the light for some ultimate goal, but even then it seems this is just another manipulation by Lori again for some reason. Gah!

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Tombot posted:

I'm guessing that this Lori personage was somehow connected to that piano person from earlier in the story, but I have no clue as to how or why. Honestly I'm not even sure what anyone's goals are yet other than The blue wavy person wanting the light for some ultimate goal, but even then it seems this is just another manipulation by Lori again for some reason. Gah!

Iori, not Lori.

And she's been working with both the Blue Sicko and Rolando, for some reason. She hasn't been forthcoming about her actual goals but maybe her book will be more helpful.

This is actually the first path I did in SotC. I saw colors, I wanted colors on my team.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Oh, it was an "I" not an "L", I thought everyone was using Lower case for some reason. Considering the Calibur of the people that have been visiting the Library recently I can imagine this Iori person must be deceptively strong. She also sounds like she's a lot older than she looks, I'm wondering if she clones herself or is using the time singularity to age slower or possibly has her own singularity related to her alleged dimensional travel that she uses.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022

Tombot posted:

Oh, it was an "I" not an "L", I thought everyone was using Lower case for some reason. Considering the Calibur of the people that have been visiting the Library recently I can imagine this Iori person must be deceptively strong. She also sounds like she's a lot older than she looks, I'm wondering if she clones herself or is using the time singularity to age slower or possibly has her own singularity related to her alleged dimensional travel that she uses.

Remember, Colors don't usually have access to Singularities. Binah was an arbiter. Kali was just a really good fighter.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Tombot posted:

She is a color so there is no deception at all about her strength since she is a color. Especially considering she seems to have a part in Roland being here and teaching Argalia.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Iori posted:

You were so quick about it, it’s almost obese at this point.

I'm... assuming this should be "obscene"?

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.

Poltergrift posted:

I'm... assuming this should be "obscene"?

It might have been a comment on how “fat/large” the Library has grown by now.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Tombot posted:

I wouldn’t really count on the biology of someone in Iori’s line of work, at that level, bearing more than a passing resemblance to human baseline anymore. I suspect that, with the City’s technology, aging gracefully can continue until either money or luck runs out, and you don’t get to be a Color without a lot of both.

Edit: that, or it’s just the art style and we’re supposed to read her age from the minor wrinkles below the inner corners of her eyes .

CommunityEdition fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Jan 29, 2024

Numbus26
Jun 23, 2023
Well, we've seen how Gebura fights, which is what gave her the 'Red Mist' title, and though it was a long time ago, didn't we fight the Blue Sicko and learn that his 'reverberation' thing makes him immune to ranged attacks?
I guess that since she's the Purple Tear, the question is more whether she's called that because she fights using 'tears' as in tearing people apart, or 'tears' as in making you cry somehow.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

Numbus26 posted:

Well, we've seen how Gebura fights, which is what gave her the 'Red Mist' title, and though it was a long time ago, didn't we fight the Blue Sicko and learn that his 'reverberation' thing makes him immune to ranged attacks?
I guess that since she's the Purple Tear, the question is more whether she's called that because she fights using 'tears' as in tearing people apart, or 'tears' as in making you cry somehow.

I think it was answered earlier that it's 'tear' as in crying, based on the original Korean.

Chaosbrain posted:

It might have been a comment on how “fat/large” the Library has grown by now.

how could the Library be fat? It's got the Lightest diet possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.

NullBlack posted:

how could the Library be fat? It's got the Lightest diet possible.

That's how much The Blue Sicko overfed it! Like Super Kami Guru and Namek's Water.