Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Stizblee
Aug 24, 2021

Keldulas posted:

I'll say that being unambitious would naturally lead to you being weaker. You get less money, so you get less upgrades and such. The Wonderlab example is such an anomaly that I don't see it really happening often.

This. Money translates directly into power in the city. You need tons of money to get good gear and even more on top of that because you definitely need enhancements. Of course to be a truly great fixer you'd need the best gear and enhancements money can buy on top of world class skills.

Mr. Stizblee fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Keldulas posted:

I'll say that being unambitious would naturally lead to you being weaker. You get less money, so you get less upgrades and such. The Wonderlab example is such an anomaly that I don't see it really happening often.

Mr. Stizblee posted:

This.
Money translates directly into power in the city. You need tons of money to get good gear in the city and even more on top of that because you definitely need enhancements.

But it also implies that potentially the upper ranks of fixers are potentially filled by wealthy dilettantes who lack real ambition, but are attracted to cachet of being a fixer, because it is has the coolness factor of being like a knight or a shadowrunner. With the only barrier of entry being money, for rich families it is an easy way to offload their fail sons and daughters.

Mr. Stizblee
Aug 24, 2021

MinutePirateBug posted:

But it also implies that potentially the upper ranks of fixers are potentially filled by wealthy dilettantes who lack real ambition, but are attracted to cachet of being a fixer, because it is has the coolness factor of being like a knight or a shadowrunner. With the only barrier of entry being money, for rich families it is an easy way to offload their fail sons and daughters.

Funnily enough I saw this response immediately after I edited my other post to say skill is also important.

Anyway skill is also important. Sure a truly wealthy person could afford some great stuff right off the bat but with zero combat experience or talent I doubt they'd last too long in the city.
Basically you need both. You need to have skill to take dangerous jobs that pay well so you can get enhancements and gear and if you can get your hands on better stuff you can take more dangerous jobs and earn more money and keep snowballing for as long as you can survive.
I don't think you could be counted among the ranks of the grade one fixers we've seen in Distortion Detective with only money but you're not going to see someone doing the things they can do with only skill because that's simply not possible.

Mr. Stizblee fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Sep 25, 2021

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Mr. Stizblee posted:

Anyway skill is also important. Sure a truly wealthy person could afford some great stuff right off the bat but with zero combat experience or talent I doubt they'd last too long in the city.

Why would you think you can't buy experience or talent?

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

Ratoslov posted:

For the small small price of one gazillion dollars, B Corp will replace your brain with the brain of someone who knows what they're doing, granting you all the talent and experience you could ever desire!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I wonder how the Library acquires regular, normal books that aren't actually people.

Imagine trying to find that spy novel you bought only to find out that Angela nabbed it using Library BS and to get it back you need to beat up Roland

OneWingedDevil
Aug 27, 2012

Junpei posted:

I wonder how the Library acquires regular, normal books that aren't actually people.

Imagine trying to find that spy novel you bought only to find out that Angela nabbed it using Library BS and to get it back you need to beat up Roland
I think this is all just a fundamental misunderstanding on Angela's part. She'd heard about people pouring their heart and soul into their works, and believes that people literally turn into books when they feel impassioned enough. It's why she's so hung up on wringing more emotion out of guests, because more emotion means more books!:eng101:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Ratoslov posted:

Because that's what EGO does, and Binah cursed herself for passing up the opportunity to grab the technology for the Head.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Book 7: Hook Office—Chapter 2

Music: GuestBattle01

Oh! We match!

Yeah, out of the options we have available this one seemed like the sturdiest body.

Today's another 2 Act fight. The first Act is just a warm-up, these two have the same stats and are much weaker than our Librarians.

That deck…

I looked over our arsenal, and decided to load up on things that will end fights quickly. We're taking on Fixers, right? At this level, the first strike is the most important. They won't have had the money to focus too much on defense. Doubly so for rampaging types like them.

Makes sense. I'll tell you what, I'll give it a try, too!

Malkuth and Bishop are using the same loadout—a high damage output deck designed to delete our enemies before they can do much to us.

Music: MalkuthBattle01

They're splitting up to take us one on one.

They think they're equal to us? Then let's show them how wrong they are!

Malkuth and Bishop do the same thing. These Hook Fixers have a passive, but since it requires them to defeat someone they basically don't.

I've gotten the hang of fighting already, see? Maybe I have a talent for this!

Sure seems that way.

Next time, twist the sword like this though. It hits a little harder.

Are you really in any position to be telling me what to do?

Consider it a friendly suggestion?

I'll do that.

Oh hey, this feeling…

Dibs! I've always wanted to try resonating with an Abnormality how you guys seemed to.

Hmm… This feeling… it's difficult to describe.

The process does seem a little different from how we used to do things… I'm sure you'll manage just fine.

With only one Staggered enemy left, the warmup is already over.

Please, allow me to take out the trash.

By all means.

Hey… Zaida. The way that kid fights… you know his background?

Oh, Bishop? He's a Grade 7 Fixer. Or, used to be. It's been ten years since then… They probably tossed his file out.

Grade 7? At his age? How'd you guys land someone like that?

It's nothing that impressive. He's about 10,020 now, after all.

That's sort of impressive in its own way, you know… Rather, I think it raises more questions than answers.

Music: GuestBattle01

After that diversion, we're on to the main event.

The trio we saw earlier are a mixed bag of weaknesses and stats, but they're all about the same level as each other. Additionally, each one has a unique page that they'll use during the fight.

Taein's is the most threatening, with a 1-7 Evade die to lead off into two Pierce attacks—Malkuth and Bishop's current Fatal weakness.

McCullin's is interesting in that it always generates 2 Emotion Coins, so clashing with it at all will put him up an Emotion Level.

Naoki's page… well, it exists. :v:

Music: MalkuthBattle01

Since none of them are using any Light this turn, this means they've all opted to use Track—the 1-4 single die page from the last Act.

Malkuth goes all-in on a Wallop on Taein. It should be able to Stagger him outright.

Bishop has Naoki and McCullen to deal with, so he clashes with the faster one—The Block die will carry over and protect him against Naoki's attack.

Heh. When the paper said an Ordeal I thought we'd be fighting something terrifying, not some weird robot and her minions.

Trust me, I can understand the feeling.

Then you won't mind if I tear you apart!

The one with the headband's got some freaky sparking going on. Be careful hitting the other.

Got it.

This was just bad luck. Malkuth managed to roll a 3, versus Taein's 4. I can see we're back in familiar territory again. :lobcorp: On the upside, we've inflicted him with Burn! At the end of each Scene, Burn deals damage equal to the total amount of it on the character, then reduces itself by 1/3rd (minimum 1) until it's removed.

The name is Malkuth! Don't think you can just hit me and get away with it!

What the—this one's hard as iron!

It's not that I'm hard, it's that your swings are too soft.

The reception is going well.

Seems like it. Gotta' say, it's nice to be able to watch someone else do the work sometimes.

Try not to let your underling's habits rub off onto yourself.

Hey, I've been working hard for you up until now, haven't I? A guy's gotta' have a break.

...Yes, I suppose you're right.

This turn, all three of them are using their unique pages.

I'll take care of the one with the mask!

Got it! ...Which one?

The dual knives one!

You're going to take care of me? Right…

Bishop goes for a Wallop on McCullin. He'll be taking some damage this turn, but my hope is to Stagger McCullin before he has the chance to hit Malkuth, Stagger Naoki as well, and have a turn to counterattack nearly unopposed after this.

So I twist like this…

Ghk-!

I get it! That is better.

Malkuth Staggers Naoki with her first attack, letting her stockpile her Block die for later if need be.

Her second attack finishes Naoki off.

Who's next?

How about… you?

What-?! Bishop, can you get him?

Little… busy..!

Busy getting your rear end beat.

The order of attack resolution in this game is still something of a black box. From what's been observed, usually the order is based on the sum of the two Speed Dice involved in the attack. In this case, since Malkuth had a 2 and McCullen had a 1, their total is 3—this beats Bishop and McCullen's total of 2. As a result, Malkuth takes a second attack.

How are they processed in the event of a tie? I have no idea. :shrug:

Sorry for the delay! It's been a bit since I've been stabbed.

That's alright. All he did was make me mad!

Ghh…

With our second floor Emotion Level comes our other Abnormality page. Matchlight is one of a number of Abnormality pages which grants a status effect. While the page itself gives us a general idea of what Ember does, we'll want to look at the status itself for more details.

Like so. Ember ultimately is only good for the first die on each page—and since it only increases the maximum die roll, it's very unreliable.

Music: MalkuthBattle02

Bishop, do you think you can take care of our masked friend there?

Sure. Which one?

The cleaver. I want the last one for myself.

Yes ma'am!

If either hit of Wallop lands, Taein is Staggered.

Worth noting here: Protection doesn't do anything against Bleed or Burn damage. Any damage-dealing effects ignore it.

You shouldn't have picked on my junior. Any last words?

How… did you see through my moves..?

Watching CCTV for signs of agents slacking off was one of my duties for years. Compared to some of the ones I've seen trying to skip working, your intentions couldn't have been more clear.

She's talking about you, isn't she.

Don't be ridiculous. I never got caught.

Finished up over here, too!

Great job. Let's pack it in for the day.

Altogether, Hook Office's reception plays like the other early game ones. We need to use both of our Librarians smartly, but so long as we do they fold like paper.

Music: Result

Just like old times, huh?

Better! Fighting alongside you like this… it's like a dream.

Don't be silly! Dreams don't hurt nearly this badly.

VIDEO
Music: Lobby

I, uh… Don’t get too bothered by what they said about you, alright?

Are you trying to console me?

Maybe, maybe not… I don’t really care if you’re actually human or not, you see.

That’s refreshing to hear. It’s been quite a while since I heard such words of comfort. From even one person, too…

Well, we’re in the age of humanity, after all.

Age of humanity? What does that mean, exactly?

At some point, intelligent or sapient beings that weren’t human were actively driven out of the City into the Outskirts.

I’m not too sure why it took place, but the Artificial Intelligence Ethics Amendment was introduced as part of that movement… It was already possible to create machines capable of feeling emotions and desires, actually. Those that are… pretty much human, in other words. I guess that was the problem. Thanks to the AI Ethics Amendment, no machines could ever be made to resemble humans, including replacement bodies.

Though there seems to have been a few exceptions.

…It’s as they said; I’m no human. I’m a machine, an artificial being. To be precise, I was designed using a human as a template. Only a fraction of her brain was used in my creation.

So it’s not even a human brain resting in a robotic body…?

Not at all. I’m purely a machine.

What about that fraction of human brain you mentioned?

My body is entirely composed of mechanical components.

…I had a feeling. And it looks like you’ve been living under a rock your whole life, seeing how you’re oblivious to the workings of the world…

You gotta be extra careful, then. Especially if you’re planning to leave here someday. You’re a sapient android with emotions and desires. Your existence is most likely a complete violation of the AI Ethics Amendment. The Head’s scarily good at spotting anomalies like you.

Though we probably won’t ever get to face them.

Anyways, this whole Library is at a huge risk in the first place. The librarians over here also seem like they’re humans but not really “human” at the same time.

It’s just as you say… I was designed to feel emotions, and I spent what felt like an eternity on a stage repeatedly performing a play that never seemed to end. And when I thought it was finally over, turns out it never really ended.

I gotta say, whoever created you must have really been something else, too. I don’t know what motivated them, but breaking the rules designated by the Head itself takes more than just guts. No one can escape the Head’s enforcement.

They did all eventually die.

…But the Library will be safe. It has to be safe. It’s like a birdcage, no one is free to enter, and no one is free to leave…

Again with that dreamy speech you “despise” so much. What do you even mean by that?

…I will leave this place one day, take revenge on all things that made me into what I am, and earn true freedom.

I don’t care too much either way.

Speaking of which… I need you to sort the books.

Shouldn't Malkuth do it? It was her reception.

Sorting the books is your duty, as my servant.

Fine, fine… I understand, ma'am. Zaida? Let's get to—huh? What's this?

"Dear boss, I've gone on break. Have fun with the books."

Fine… I got it. I'll take care of it myself.

Splendid. Take these to Yesod. You'll find him on Floor 2, in Technological Sciences.

Another old coworker of yours?

I would not phrase it like that.

VIDEO
Music: YesodStory

Hey there. Name’s Roland. Angela’s servant.

I am Yesod, the Patron Librarian of the Floor of Technological Sciences.

Is it just me, or is this a cold and piercing stare I’m sensing? Feels kinda different from Angela’s, I gotta say.

Wh-what now? Don’t tell me… Are you one of those types that resort to violence when someone talks crap?

Your necktie was loose.

…Oh. Thanks. Guess you’re a nice fellow after all.

Well, mostly because I have no choice but to help her.

Now that I think about it, Malkuth didn’t seem too fond of Angela, either. Is it a trend to dislike her or something?

It’s obvious that we wouldn’t approve of her.

Angela… She utterly crushed our hopes at the very last moment.

Sounds complicated. Why are you working for her as a librarian, then?

A deal, huh? I guess that deal is also why most of the floors of the Library are locked off and the librarians there are asleep.

……

Boy, I am not a fan of convoluted stories. Especially if it involves sentimental stuff… Anyway, both you and I are obliged to help Angela now, aren’t we?

That is true.

Let’s give it our best shot, then. Put ‘er there!

A handshake, duh. Never tried it before? Y’know, the “I look forward to working with you” kind?

……

Come on, lighten up a little. If we can’t avoid it, we might as well enjoy it. I’m supposed to get you books like I do with Malkuth, right?

Indeed. My role is to collect and sort books about the technological sciences of the City, specifically. Since it’s become clear that we are both well aware of our occupations, kindly take your leave now.

Fine, fine~ I was about to, anyway~

Music: Lobby

The Floor of Technological Sciences is now open. This brings our Library from Level 4 to Level 5 overall, and between that and finishing Hook Office…

Music: Stop

We've become an Urban Myth.

Next time, on Library of Ruina

Haute cuisine

Videos

Hook Office 2
Yesod 1

New Key Pages

New Combat Pages

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 28, 2021

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Yesod stopped covering his neck. :kimchi:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

TeeQueue posted:

At the end of each Scene, Burn deals damage equal to the total amount of it on the character, then reduces itself by 1/3rd (minimum 1) until it's removed.
Strictly speaking, it reduces itself by 1/3 and rounds down.

TeeQueue posted:

The order of attack resolution in this game is still something of a black box. From what's been observed, usually the order is based on the sum of the two Speed Dice involved in the attack. In this case, since Malkuth had a 2 and McCullen had a 1, their total is 3—this beats Bishop and McCullen's total of 2. As a result, Malkuth takes a second attack.

How are they processed in the event of a tie? I have no idea. :shrug:
I feel like I need to make a write-up about turn order resolution. Right now it is enough to say that 5-1 clash should happen earlier than 4-4 clash.

TeeQueue posted:

Like so. Ember ultimately is only good for the first die on each page—and since it only increases the maximum die roll, it's very unreliable.
The main point of Matchstick is Burn. Increasing max roll is only done to screw you over more with backlash.
[

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

MiiNiPaa posted:

I feel like I need to make a write-up about turn order resolution. Right now it is enough to say that 5-1 clash should happen earlier than 4-4 clash.

If you have some kind of insight that your code-reading prowess can provide, then I am all ears. We've got a whole game ahead of us, and I'm sure we'll have plenty of test cases to make sure we get everything figured out.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

BisbyWorl posted:

Yesod stopped covering his neck. :kimchi:

But he remains a huge dork :v:

Imagine just fixing someone's tie without prompting

Or playing word chain on company time

Or having an edgy nickname like 'The Viper' and thinking it's cool

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
I don't see the problem? Naoki had speed 3 which means her attacks was gonna come up first, and since Bishop and McMullin clashed (and both had speed 1) Taein went first because he had speed 2.

Higher speed dice will always go first even if they belong to the enemy, if you have clash with an enemy with speed 4 and your speed is 1 then the game will treat it as priority speed 4 clash.

EDIT: When calculating the speed of clashes it's based on the highest speed dice belonging to either of the character.

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021
Welcome back Yesod! Also, the dynamics between Malkuth and Bishop... :allears: I am loving Bishop working with his now comparatively more well-adjusted boss.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
For how much they got shafted at the end, its nice to see the sephirot doing a little better this time. (Though the setting being what it is, I wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't last long.)

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

SITB posted:

I don't see the problem? Naoki had speed 3 which means her attacks was gonna come up first, and since Bishop and McMullin clashed (and both had speed 1) Taein went first because he had speed 2.

Higher speed dice will always go first even if they belong to the enemy, if you have clash with an enemy with speed 4 and your speed is 1 then the game will treat it as priority speed 4 clash.

EDIT: When calculating the speed of clashes it's based on the highest speed dice belonging to either of the character.

Those are all known interactions and Tee is perfectly aware of them.

What he is talking about is the ordering of the one-sided attacks of McCullin slapping Malkuth vs. Bishop slapping McCullin. Both are Speed 1, but the first one is Speed 1 attacking Speed 2 (total of 3), whilst the second is Speed 1 attacking Speed 1 (total of 2).

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Ah yes, my favorite invitees are coming up next

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

Slaan posted:

Surprised your favorite wasn't a certain recursive chef hat wearer.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

Theantero posted:

Those are all known interactions and Tee is perfectly aware of them.

What he is talking about is the ordering of the one-sided attacks of McCullin slapping Malkuth vs. Bishop slapping McCullin. Both are Speed 1, but the first one is Speed 1 attacking Speed 2 (total of 3), whilst the second is Speed 1 attacking Speed 1 (total of 2).

Ahh, I missed that Bishop one sided McMullin, I thought they clashed.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Oh right, while I'm updating the fanart post (dear god you guys went crazy), someone mentioned I forgot Yun's Office 3's 1st cutscene.

Yun Office 3-1 posted:

Videos

Yun's Office 4

This has been corrected.

e: fanart post updated. i'm gonna go lie down. :tootzzz:

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Sep 25, 2021

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

TeeQueue posted:

Oh right, while I'm updating the fanart post (dear god you guys went crazy), someone mentioned I forgot Yun's Office 3's 1st cutscene.
e: fanart post updated. i'm gonna go lie down. :tootzzz:

we have only just begun. But it looks like you forgot the image code for Winterdragon2004's Malkuth and Scorched Girl picture. There it is now.

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 25, 2021

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

NullBlack posted:

we have only just begun. But it looks like you forgot the actual image code for Winterdragon2004's Malkuth and Scorched Girl picture.

I did not forget the code, it turns out the site it was hosted on hated how I phrased it. :v:

So I just rejiggered it a bit and it's workin now. Thanks for the heads up.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

NullBlack posted:

we have only just begun.
We're on a roll!

Speaking of the clash system though, I believe the priority is always Higher Speed then Distance, so what happened in that particular instance was:
Naoki's clash happens first because she's the only 3
Taein's one-sided attack happens next because his speed die was 2
Because Taein held up Bishop with his speed die (and LOR slows down people being attacked to help make sure combat order doesn't break the aforementioned order), McCullin who does not have any prior engagements gets to Malkuth.
Bishop then attacks McCullin, since he was (at the beginning of the Speed 1 phase of combat) the farthest from his target.

I'm fairly sure that's how it works, anyway.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Theantero posted:

But he remains a huge dork :v:

Imagine just fixing someone's tie without prompting

Or playing word chain on company time

Or being offered a handshake and just presumably staring at Roland's hand blankly

Yesod is such a dork, I adore him.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

t3isukone posted:

Yesod is such a dork, I adore him.

We all do :allears:

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Theantero posted:

It was actually The Wiper, because of his insistency to keep everything clean. Most people misheard and assumed it was something else.

Ashardalon125
Apr 14, 2021
Near as I can tell from having played the game for a while, the way speed works is that the fastest dice always goes first. Let's say we have

E7 A1
E5 A5
E3 A2

Where E stands for enemy and A stands for Ally, then whatever attack the E7 does will always come first (barring stuff we haven't encountered yet). If E7 targets someone, then unless you choose to clash with them, they will attack unopposed.

Then there's E5 and A5. If they target each other, then they resolve at the same time. But's let's say E5 targets A2. A5 cannot redirect E5's attack. Now, whether E5 attacks A2 first, or A5 attacks E5 first depends on the character movement. Because the characters take time to reach their enemies, this can depend on the formation. Right now, our three librarians are mostly in a line, but A5 will be slightly back from the front liners. This will not always be the case, and so if A5 is closer to E5 than E5 is to A2, then A5's attack happens when they reach E5. If not, then E5 will reach A2 and attack before A5 gets a chance.

All this to say that normally, speed dice matter the most, except for some attacks, and ties rely on your position in the team.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Malkuths battle theme is insanely good, be sure to click the music link.

Slaan posted:

I'm psychic

Mr. Stizblee
Aug 24, 2021

Malkuth posted:

"If I swing it like this and… Whoawhoawhoa, wah…! …Phew… I almost tripped over…"

:allears: I'm glad I'm getting a chance to really see the combat dialogue in this lets play.
During my own playthrough I didn't really pay much attention to it because I was too preoccupied with the crushing difficulty and trying to wrap my head around the mechanics.

EDIT: Also this is how I'm interpreting Malkuth and Bishop's relationship.

Mr. Stizblee fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Sep 25, 2021

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
They've got matching cyberbodies, how cute. :3:

Also yep, those are... spine mounted spider cyberlimbs that end with scythe blades. That's the edgiest thing.

also also, huh. Y'know for some reason I'd assumed The Head was a singular guy, rather than a small council of elite old men running the world..

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yesod! Glad to see him. He was one of my favorites.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Crasical posted:

also also, huh. Y'know for some reason I'd assumed The Head was a singular guy, rather than a small council of elite old men running the world..

Same. It was kinda ambiguous what the Head was, but I also thought it was a single person.

Yesod's mentioned a deal and I'm pretty sure Malkuth did too, so now I'm wondering about that. My best guess is that if they help Angela build her library, when she's done getting her revenge and is free, she promised to free them too and maybe even return the Light to them so they can complete A's original plan.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Mr. Stizblee posted:

:allears: I'm glad I'm getting a chance to really see the combat dialogue in this lets play.
During my own playthrough I didn't really pay much attention to it because I was too preoccupied with the crushing difficulty and trying to wrap my head around the mechanics.

EDIT: Also this is how I'm interpreting Malkuth and Bishop's relationship.

:five: but also oof, poor guy.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

Crasical posted:

Hey, the city is a violent, murderous, torturing place ruled by an evil group who enforce arbitrary laws with incredible lethality and filled with corporations who literally turn human suffering into profit (sample size: 1), but I don't think we currently have any reason to believe they're sexist.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Qrr posted:

I don't think we currently have any reason to believe they're sexist.

Our current sample size for The Head so far is Binah, so for all we know they're just as if not more likely to be misandrist than misogynists.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

MetaMeme posted:

Our current sample size for The Head so far is Binah, so for all we know they're just as if not more likely to be misandrist than misogynists.
The Head has transcended gender.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Part of me wants The Head just to be Nixon's Head In A Jar from Futurama. Not even with any special powers.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
My pet theory is that the Head is something comparable to Angela.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcvasti
Jun 12, 2019

Never trust a bird.

MetaMeme posted:

We also have the White Midnight! Those dudes certainly have weird Heads.