Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Gebura seems the type to recognise when she's been defeated. Tiphereth and Hokma were largely concerned with people who don't seem to be around any more, so I could see them both being open to a new direction once Angela made her case. And Chesed might well be most interested in seeing the employees continue to exist, since that's also part of Angela's deal.

NullBlack posted:

...and then Tenebrais shoves her face-first through a wall, because she's loving Tenebrais.

Nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
It's kind of funny just how unfamiliar I am with these abnormality pages. During this phase of the game, I was still just learning poo poo, so I was simply using the floors with the most people or the music I liked the most in the case of ties. So.... a lot of Keter and Yesod. It's interesting to me just how much raw power I missed with Hod. Her first two sets really concentrate that power, holy crap.

Edit: The dynamic with Angela and the librarians is interesting here. Their conflict made it so that no one gets what they want. So out of necessity, they're just deferring the argument so that things could potentially be whole again. It's fascinating just how much of a ticking time bomb is chiming at this point.

Starbridge64
Jun 5, 2013

She's just happy to be here.

TeeQueue posted:

Its not actually RNG! :eng101:

We'll get to that at some point much later. :shepicide:

This game keeps on givin', also I can't wait. :getin:

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Keldulas posted:

It's kind of funny just how unfamiliar I am with these abnormality pages. During this phase of the game, I was still just learning poo poo, so I was simply using the floors with the most people or the music I liked the most in the case of ties. So.... a lot of Keter and Yesod. It's interesting to me just how much raw power I missed with Hod. Her first two sets really concentrate that power, holy crap.

Edit: The dynamic with Angela and the librarians is interesting here. Their conflict made it so that no one gets what they want. So out of necessity, they're just deferring the argument so that things could potentially be whole again. It's fascinating just how much of a ticking time bomb is chiming at this point.

Almost all of the first 4 floors' abnormality pages got totally overhauled at one point, mind.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

NullBlack posted:

The ultimate battle between Red Mist Mk2 and Binah's Chosen Protégé. I think we all know how this will turn out:

...and then Tenebrais shoves her face-first through a wall, because she's loving Tenebrais.

:five:

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021
My understanding was that Gebura didn't want to see yet more pointless employee deaths in a losing fight.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

Almost all of the first 4 floors' abnormality pages got totally overhauled at one point, mind.

I appreciate the attempt to give me credit but I didn't play the game till it was out of early access. I just straight up never learnt the early abnos it seems except for Keter and Yesod.

Arp1033
Oct 13, 2012

Malacante posted:

Gebura: "I will never go along with your plan, Angela. Never."

Angela: "Okay all Sephirot who agree to my deal raise your hands."

Binah: Raises Gebura's hand

Gebura: "...Dammit'

:five: :five:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I had always thought that the name Garion was an alternate way of translating Geryon, from Greek myths and The Inferno. In one he’s a giant with three heads, in the other he gives the poets a ride down into hell. Can’t think of any particular meaning that might emerge even if the connection was intended.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021
We're learning a lot today! Who will we learn about next? Stay tuned, kiddies! On the next episode of Libraries and Cuties!

HeyItsKasey
Aug 24, 2020

You ever want to just be a sea slug?
I see tenebrais posting has come earlier than expected.

HeyItsKasey fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Feb 21, 2022

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Book 16: Stray Dogs—Chapter 1

Music: Lobby

Now that I'm back, I'm raring to get back to the daily grind.

Just so you're aware, our new duty is to turn people into books by killing them.

Do we still get paid the same?

We don't.

Man… we're getting ripped off.

Tell me about it.

Still… we made a deal and we'll honor it.

All patron librarians, please ensure your floors are prepared to receive guests. The next invitation is ready to be sent.

You heard her. Battlestations, everyone.

Right. Let's see how this all works.

VIDEO
Music: StorySimgak

Right out of the gate we get a nice, meaty punching sound complete with the customary screen effect for massive and gruesome violence. This is probably fine. :v:

The effect continues with every new line while Gyeong-mi here speaks.

Need! Some! Beating! Get! It! Into! Your! Thin! Skull!!

District 22 may be our turf, and these chumps you’re beating to a pulp may be from Zwei’s Section 6, but we’re talking about an Association here… We’re gonna be in even bigger trouble if you kill ‘em all.

The beating continues here, with another effect between every line.

Walter!

If! Only! That! Bastard!

Kept! His! Promise! We! Wouldn’t have! Gotten into this mess.

We! Needed! The! Floorplan! Of! L Corp’s! Nest!

The Zwei!

Had it!

We should! Teach!

These fuckers! A lesson!

Night will fall soon. Sweepers could come for our asses any second now. And the Thumb wouldn’t even contact us.

Those zealots at the Church of Gears took out more than half our Syndicate.

Their leader was an inhuman freak, alright…

We worked our asses off securing the goods from the Church, and for what… If we can’t hand over the floorplan of L Corp’s Nest to the Thumb…

All that’s left for us is to get purged by the Thumb for failing our job.

Shouldn’t have made a deal with an Association in the first place.

At least Walter was a sensible one. Maybe something happened to him. He might have been a cunning old fart, but he was still the director of Zwei Section 6. Besides, he’d usually leave field jobs to his men. Doesn’t make sense for him to die all too suddenly.

Anything can happen.

That’s one more option for us. You’ve done it again… Flew into a blind rage and crushed their bones and guts to a pulp.

Gyeong-mi! Even if they were a bunch of small fry from Section 6, killing this many of ‘em might get Section 2 or 3 to chase us down.

The Zwei could send an army of Fixers at us now.

…These sons of bitches… needed to understand what the weight of a promise is.

I hope you have a backup plan for when the Zwei come to “thank” us for that lesson.

Just look at this.

An envelope?

Hold on, among the “books of the day” they listed… there’s… The Book of Walter? So that’s what happened? You had a plan after all.

What… Gyeong-mi! So you already knew that Walter died in the Library and still pulverised Section 6?

One last time, the red violence effect appears with each line.

It’s!

About!

Sending! A drat! Message!

Music: Lobby

Anyway, what were they trying to do, getting Sweepers and the Thumb involved?

I might know about the Sweepers.

You do? Well, I guess they are infamous.

I saw them tear humans to pieces and use them as fuel. Are they like that in real life, too?<

Sort of. One Sweeper is tough as is, but what’s really scary is their organizational power. They crawl outta the woodwork every night and clean the Backstreets. We can’t even guess how many of them are there. No matter how many we take down, more would show up the next night.

Music: Entrance

It is, but we’ll probably get back just in time.

Scratch that! Just let us in. We’re in a hurry.

You are rather impatient, I see.

I said shut up!

And let us in. Now.

May you find your book in this place.

Next time, on Library of Ruina: This book is about PUNCH.

Videos

Stray Dogs 1

Mmmm… the Thummb are invoolved..?

THERE you are! I demand my answers! Who's the alien?!

Ooh… Hi Dimii… Why am I telling you agaain..?

I beat up those guys and turned them into books, flawlessly, because I'm amazing. You need to hold up your end of the bargain!

I don't recall making any deeals with youu… You just made it on your oown…

Don't you play coy with me! I'm too smart for it. Now, 'fess up: Who's the alien?!

I toold you alreadyy... It's a seecreet..!

Hm… Hmm..! Huhuhu! I see! No matter, as my magnificent detective work's already figured it out! It's so obvious! The alien… it's D.A.D, isn't it?! They're the one you were always investigating, after all!

...How... Diid you knoow..?

Because I've learned detective work from carefully observing the every action of my newest boss, Bishop. It may seem quick, but for a genius like myself it's nothing.

Woow… :neckbeard:

Hmmhmhm! Yes, I'll accept all your adulation for the time being. Now, back to work for me! So much to do, and only I can do it! Farewell!

...pheew...

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Welp, I blink and miss the last several updates. I’m exactly at this point in my playthrough, so I better get back to it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

These are all :five: as hell. Thread never disappoints. :allears:

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Hey guys, remember the Combat Page Guardian?

Now we know the identity of the 3 chads that our former virgin friend Walter faced against. Can't wait to book them and give their keypages to Malkuth and Hod and turn them into gigachad. Oh. And Tiphereth as well once we got her.

PinkDawn
Aug 22, 2021
I have a subtle appreciation for every time this game drops a 'gently caress.'

I can only imagine Kaori's laughing on the inside.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
So, first of all, BICEPS has EXCLUSIVE DIBS on Gyeong-mi's Key Page appearance and I won't hear any objections to this :colbert:

Zulu is also fine

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

You’re sure BICEPS won’t be interested in sharing the joy of muscles?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Hmm, that is a compelling argument. The more gym bros we have, the better.

Also, giving Malkuth and Hod some of that Stray Dog Key Page action is a Ruina tradition, and who am I to get in the way of such things :v:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Finally, we'll get the chance to dress everyone in swole key pages.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Give everyone horrible flab bodies with terrible paunches just to spite your readership

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gyeong mi is, to my knowledge, a very cutesy girl name irl. The City seems to be pretty nongendered for names if nothing else.

MinutePirateBug posted:

Give everyone horrible flab bodies with terrible paunches just to spite your readership

The head outlawed those. It's why you only see it on the honored monk.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

golden bubble posted:

Finally, we'll get the chance to dress everyone in swole key pages.

Was there some sort of major shipping accident, because these books are shredded

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

MinutePirateBug posted:

I promise that if someone makes a good looking ATHF Carl key page that works, I will still not use it in the LP, but I will absolutely screenshot Roland in it.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
Oh boy these guys were my first loss in the game, but I appreciate their simple nature. Punch it until it stops moving never gets old.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Theantero posted:

So, first of all, BICEPS has EXCLUSIVE DIBS on Gyeong-mi's Key Page appearance and I won't hear any objections to this :colbert:

Zulu is also fine

I thought BICEPS had exclusive dibs on Myo's keypage, when she inevitably comes to investigate and gets booked.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I wonder if these guys's tattoos are those nanomachine or enhancement ones someone mentioned a while back.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Crasical posted:

I thought BICEPS had exclusive dibs on Myo's keypage, when she inevitably comes to investigate and gets booked.

Imagine a beefy dude in gym shorts and tank-top wearing a Rabbit helmet

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Crasical posted:

I wouild love to see someone getting invitation to the library and just be like: Chance to change my whole life to the better and live the rest of it in safety? Thats good, but percentage of those who got that is 0 and you will die if you don't get the jackpot, so I'll pass.

For some reason I want it to be Myo.

Xenav
Feb 21, 2012

After what we've seen, we're going to need more than THAT to save us...
Ah, Gyeong-mi. Silly name, but the man does one thing, and drat does he do it well. He's also the source of a number of Ruina Memes I've seen.

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010
I don't know if I'd call 'Gyeong-mi' a SILLY name so much as like.

A Korean name.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Should we classify this as a cyberpunk setting or is there too much pseudo-mystical BS for it to count

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amidiri posted:

I don't know if I'd call 'Gyeong-mi' a SILLY name so much as like.

A Korean name.

I believe it's usually a cutesy girl name though, correct me if I'm wrong.

Junpei posted:

Should we classify this as a cyberpunk setting or is there too much pseudo-mystical BS for it to count

It's easier to tell at a glance if someone is poor or rich than of they're human or not, so close enough

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Junpei posted:

I believe we could. Futuristic tech, meritocratic corporation rule (there goverment lets them rule, a department from common theme when goverment is simply powerless), urbanistic dystopian setting, themes of manipulation and control from others...

Not The Wendigo
Apr 12, 2009

MiiNiPaa posted:

meritocratic corporation rule (there goverment lets them rule, a department from common theme when goverment is simply powerless)

And it's more realistic that way!

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I'd call the megacorps outright part of the government, not separate from them. The Head seems to delegate basically all of the responsibility for civic works and law enforcement to them.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

ZeroCount posted:

I'd call the megacorps outright part of the government, not separate from them. The Head seems to delegate basically all of the responsibility for civic works and law enforcement to them.

Claws will enforce patents and certain other matters, and the megacorps don't seem to enforce things outside of their Nest and their particular interests (one assumes that if you start poo poo in a W Corp train station it's not an Association that gibs you, it's W Corp agents).

I guess describing the Fixer Associations as megacorps is reasonable though. They're the closest thing to normal day-to-day law enforcement as we know it in the setting, and the crew we just saw is clearly terrified of the Zwei Association at large bothering to notice they exist. They're not the Wings, but they're a big deal.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
More generally, there isn't really a government. This is a libertarian paradise where the closest thing to an authority mostly enforces intellectual property and some other rules like the AI thing, and the rest is left to (other) corporations and increasingly local authorities that operate mostly on "can you pay us y/n" or worse.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Junpei posted:

Shadowrun's Cyberpunk and it's got dwarves and elves and magic. Ruina counts too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

liberpunk