Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

MiiNiPaa posted:

Or the Mickey Mouse dog!

given how the Mouse feels about copyright law, I think it's plausible the Head is descended from them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ignore my terrible editing skills

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Ignore my terrible editing skills
looks seamless to me wym

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

I'm as confused as you are.

A serious portrait for a serious agent assistant librarian.

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 5, 2022

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

NullBlack posted:

A serious portrait for a serious agent assistant librarian.

This is really cool! Did you use the same program as usual or was it some kind of 3D rendering thing?

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

TeeQueue posted:

This is really cool! Did you use the same program as usual or was it some kind of 3D rendering thing?

same art software (Corel Painter 2020), but I used Daz3d Studio to model a generic dude in a suit then drew based on that. I've used the same method with other works (particularly Steve's blaze of glory), but this was the strictest I've followed my reference.

feel like I may have followed too strictly, but that's in keeping with Mr. Professional. Seriously, how did he never transfer to Yesod's department? They're a perfect match. Still need to find the right stylistic balance. Or a good anime-esque male transform for Daz3d (to go with the millions of anime-esque female transforms)

NullBlack fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 6, 2022

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

NullBlack posted:

Seriously, how did he never transfer to Yesod's department? They're s perfect match.

he kept sending in transfer requests but Tiphereth thought it was funnier to throw them into the trash, much to Tiphereth's dismay

Winterdragon2004
Mar 28, 2021

I'll hear that wonderous sound again, even if it has to be from my own two hands

dervival posted:

he kept sending in transfer requests but Tiphereth thought it was funnier to throw them into the trash, much to Tiphereth's dismay

Tiphereth, don't you think you're being a bit unfair?

I'm not gonna be the only sensible person in this facility who's forced to put up with Netzachs BS all day.

Winterdragon2004 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jan 6, 2022

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Out of curiosity are the 'default' Librarian weapons supposed to be swords or batons?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
They’ve always looked more like batons to me.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".
as NB's narrative foil, I must follow up his serious portrait with possibly the silliest thing I've drawn all thread.

Behold, the Gaze Agenda!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

MetaMeme posted:

as NB's narrative foil, I must follow up his serious portrait with possibly the silliest thing I've drawn all thread.

Behold, the Gaze Agenda!

:five:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

MetaMeme posted:

Behold, the Gaze Agenda!

:hmmyes:

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

MetaMeme posted:

Behold, the Gaze Agenda!

to be fair, the Gaze office is definitely the most transhumanist set of guests the Library has seen so far

also Dalloc everyone already knew you were a communist, have you not seen your ribbons

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

dervival posted:

to be fair, the Gaze office is definitely the most transhumanist set of guests the Library has seen so far

also Dalloc everyone already knew you were a communist, have you not seen your ribbons
I wouldn't say definitely, the Brotherhood of Iron also had robot bodies, with funky eyes, and while they all had more normal head shapes than Dallocs camera head, Arnold just has a sword for a hand.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

MetaMeme posted:

Behold, the Gaze Agenda!
:perfect:

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

dervival posted:

The most transhumanist guests, but Angela is the Mostest Transest. It Just Makes Sense™.

dervival posted:

I'm sorry I've been stuck on this since I read it, what does the immortal science have to do with ribbons???

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

MetaMeme posted:

I'm sorry I've been stuck on this since I read it, what does the immortal science have to do with ribbons???

I was just shitposting, don't mind me

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

My recording for this update was in slightly smaller resolution than normal. If anything seems a bit off compared to normal, that would be why. The party responsible for this has been handled in the customary :lobcorp: fashion. Thank you.

Book 19: Gaze Office—Chapter 2

Music: GuestBattle01

Bishop's been given a very basic high-damage Gun build today. We've given him Speed and Liwei's Concentration to maximize his first turn impact.

A nice weight. Semi-automatic. A long barrel, designed for pinpoint accuracy at a distance. The caliber is small, but that doesn't matter when…

Woah, nerd alert!

I'm appreciating a work of art!

We had guns back at the facility, you know. I never heard you talk about those like this.

Those were more conceptual imprints of a gun that worked because the maker thought of it as a gun. The difference is like looking at a picture versus seeing the real thing.

Huuuh… Well, try not to feel too bad, buuut… I realized something brilliant while you were cleaning your rifle.

What's that?

I can channel gunfire into my fists.

…ah. Brilliant.

Dimi is using a strategy that I like to call PUNCHGUN, revolving around using Brawl to play Going for Bullseye's massive die multiple times. It's a strategy that only Liwei's page can use, as the other two can only use Ranged pages. Much like all Brawl strategies, it is a gigantic meme and I love it very much. :allears:

I can understand how jealous you must be because I thought of it first, but…

Oh, good. You're both suited up.

M-Malkuth..! You're actually… using it!

Buffkuth is an ancient tradition, and in honor of it I've given Malkuth Dino's Key Page and some assorted Stray Dogs pages. We don't need cohesion, we're punching people. :toughguy:

Of course! Anything that can leave you speechless has to be insanely strong.

I'm not sure that's why he was speechless, boss. Have you considered—

OH GOODNESS THE GUESTS ARE HERE TIME TO GO!

Wha-hey! Stop shoving!!

Our only opponents today are the trio we met in the cutscene, and this is another single floor act.

Alloc starts off by applying Paralysis 1 to our entire side—we can't have more than 3 Librarians in this fight.

They tend to use Observe to set up a +3 Strength and possible Paralysis so that they can go into Opportunity Spotted: the single best Emotion Coin-generating page in the game, and a 3-hit page that can rack up damage quickly if we've got enough Power to boost its 1-2 dice enough.

Dalloc's deck revolves around throwing more Paralysis onto people, and their passive adds on damage against any Paralyzed opponent.

Bono is more straightforward. His power is a straight 50% chance of +1 Strength, which works well with his dirty cheater deck.

Four pages (the starting hand size) means that any time he plays a page, it will come back immediately, so he has access to his entire deck at all times. We can't do this, for the record—I didn't mention it when talking about Gyeong-mi's cheater deck, but if we try to use fewer than 9 pages in a deck the remainder are automatically filled in with basic pages. These are all terrible, so we never want to do this.

On top of that one of his pages, Binding Arms, lowers its cost every time it's played to a minimum of 1. If he feels like it, he can and will spam Binding Arms every turn and cause us a significant number of problems.

Music: MalkuthBattle01

Gotta ask… is your head even in the game, Bishop?

…As long as I don't look backwards, everything'll be fine.

Just focus on the target in front of you, like always.

Now that we have guns, it's time for Guns usage 101. While the passives on Full-Stop's Key Pages make clashes on the first turn simple to win, relying on them to do all of the work will limit the utility that we get out of them in the long run.

Dimi has the perfect hand to clash against Bono's first turn Binding Arms, and she makes a questionable clash against Observe as well.

Malkuth takes Dalloc's attention. Even if we're unlucky and get hit twice, they shouldn't be able to do much damage to her.

This means that the entire enemy group's attention is off of Bishop.

You know… I can tell you're an analytical office, and not a combat-oriented one.

The librarians are well informed, I see. You're right. We're not cut out for these combat scenarios.

Then I'm very sorry for what's about to happen.

What the-?!

On turn 1, our gun pages can dominate almost any page—Bishop has a +4 to his first turn, enough to win clashes against most opponents. However, they're just as good at focusing fire on a single opponent.

We've barely moved, and they're already…

I told them this was a bad idea!

F-focus on the enemy. I-I'll be fine!

The main idea for turn 1 is to instantly stagger an opponent. This will take a lot of the pressure off of the rest of our team, letting them do their job.

Don't think you can get by me with a puny blade like that.

Oh, I don't.

That was just a distraction~ :mmmhmm:

This one has a gun too..?

At least this one doesn't!

I don't need them to beat you up!

Say… What kind of weapon even IS that?

I-it's a combat oboe.

An oboe?

J-just wait 'til I get to use it. Y-you'll see.

Hey Dimi… can you cover me?

Haha… nah.

What do you mean, 'nah?!'

One of the downsides of PUNCHGUN is that it doesn't generate a lot of emotion coins. This means that we don't always get the light refills we need to keep the pain train running. Building around that is very important.

I'm just not feeling an attack this turn. It's not because I mismade my deck or anything, I just really think you should pick up the slack.

Dimi I swear—

Go ahead and cover her this once, Bishop. It's important that we all work together as a team.

Thank you, boss! I knew you were as wise as you were powerful!

That's not how this is supposed to… Whatever. Fine.

On turn 2 onwards, we don't really want our ranged users to be clashing with the enemy. They've lost their near-guaranteed wins from turn 1, and this can be bad.

You've got the one I set up at least, right?

Of course.

Good. Then I hope this is worth it.

Because I am about to be punched in the face several times…

drat right you are.

The way Ranged pages work makes them very swingy. When they work, they work, but one good offensive die from the opponent can completely shut an entire page down.

I-I'm getting an error..!

That's another of them open. Malkuth!

For right now their rolls are still enough to win clashes, so we don't have to focus on one-sided attacks yet.

HI-YAH!

And two! We've got one down.

Go boss, go!

N-nice work!

I'm feeling pumped up! And our friends want to help us out now, too.

Dibs! I want the hug!

None of my options can really benefit from it. Should we?

I'll allow it. Make sure to hit something good.

Uhh… just as I planned!

Happy Memories hitting a single-use page is a bit unfortunate, but it really doesn't matter. Gaze Office isn't really very threatening.

Hey Dimi, think you can get this guy off my back now?

Hmph! The great Dimi doesn't need to answer to requests from—

Now, Dimi. It's important that we all respect each other. He took a hit for you.

A-as I was saying, while I don't need to answer to you, my overflowing and wondrous sense of generosity means I'm only too happy to take the pressure off of you!

Good.

That means we should be able to wrap things up with this.

Bishop's ability to go first will all but guarantee a Stagger on the Pierce-weak Bono and should also down Dalloc. If anything goes wrong, Malkuth is set to back everyone up with an attack on each of the remaining guests.

One down.

Second target's open. Dimi, Malkuth, all yours.

I-I told them… I told them!!!

And just like that, another reception's been cleared out thanks to the overwhelming power of Dimi!

Well… Their teamwork's all over the place, but you certainly can't argue with the results.

Indeed…

Ah, that's your thinking face. What's on your mind, ma'am?

Gaze Office is the easiest fight on this tier by a fairly comfortable margin, and is usually the recommended jump-in point for new players. Fighting them with firearms on our side was basically just bullying. If you have a Molar Office deck or even a decent Stray Dogs or Walter build you'll be fine. For us, the hardest part is actually getting the books we need—with the guests falling so quickly, they didn't have time to build any Emotion Levels at all.

Music: Result

I'd say that went really well!

As expected of any fight I'm in.

Yeah… uh. Yes. Go team. History.

Bishop? You didn't get something scrambled out there, did you?

That's, uh… I'm fine. We should get back to our usual wear and sort these books. If that's okay. Ma'am.

Sounds good to me!

It'd be faster if we just did our work like this, though…

Dimiii..!

VIDEO
Music: Lobby

What do you think R Corp’s Singularity is?

I bet it’s something that pumps out efficient killing machines.

Don’t you know more about it since you used R Corp’s services?

As I’ve said multiple times before, such details are beyond my knowledge. I had little interest in finding out back then. Still, from what I observed of them… Considering the amount of their ‘Rabbits’ and the combat power of each unit, you’re probably correct. They were not exceptionally strong, but they did a fine job at “grazing the grass” inside the facility. I wonder what the principle behind it is.

Hell if I know, I’m not an executive of R Corp. or anything. Every Wing keeps its Singularity under tight wraps.

So everyone simply consumes the end results without knowing the process.

It’s easier on the mind that way. There’s no point asking questions about technology unless they encounter problems using it. People just spend money and get its worth. There’s no real reason for questioning how things work. Wasn’t it the same with L Corp?

…You’re right, it was the same. All we needed was the result. It didn’t matter how many were sacrificed in the process.

See, the other Wings aren’t gonna be any different from that.

Oooh… there's a straange reaactioon..!

That just means we've got the books we need, kiddo. Hope you're ready to see an Abnormality again.

I deefinitely aam..!

Hm. Until now, Malkuth's floor had received priority. Perhaps something has changed?

You're the smart one here, boss. Damned if I can hope to figure it out.

Yes… well, I'll report this to Angela.

…So that's the situation. We're ready to move out, if we must.

We'll have to see. It seems another reception has revealed itself as well.

We're trying to resolve things, but our options have only grown this time. Lovely.

Neither of us controls the winding path we walk on, Yesod. We will be at the end when the end arrives. Until then—

I'll do my job, and continue to register my opinions as I see fit.

Yes, I'm sure you will.

Next time, on Library of Ruina

"But nothing could compare to the music it makes when it eats a human."

Did you really have to stab me with those facts!

You and I join hearts, to protect those left behind.

Notice the instruments all around you, and begin to play.

Me? A weaver I am, making fine silk.

Videos

Gaze Office 2

New Key Pages

New Combat Pages

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jan 3, 2023

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We are about to run up to the limit of my experience with the game and yeah the gaze office lacks some of the nasty tricks that the other receptions bring.

Your Everyday NEET
Apr 26, 2017
Gaze Office is my kryptonite in that tier. Their paralysis screws me big time. I only won due to luck. That's discounting the fact that I have to fight them 3 times to get Book of Gaze Office. Getting generic book against only named opponents is hard.

My favorite card in that set is Zzzap. It's a sidegrade to Struggle (or upgrade to E-Endure) with better effect. Although it's low minroll screws me more often that not.

Crap! I think they know what the 5! means. Lovely. Come on guys, let's pick the Abnormality first. That reception isn't a walk in the town.

Your Everyday NEET fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jan 8, 2022

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Yay, a paralysis-themed deck.
I threw Allocs passive on my GUN page as the last passive for even more guaranteed clash win.
Observe is great card, offset only by its 3 cost. You will have to either use light-restoring cards or time it to Emotion level change to get the most of it.
Opportunity Spotted is awesome emotion generator, and is actually not that bad power-wise for 1-cost if attacking paralysed opponent.
Binding Arms is a 3-cost with power of 2-cost and potential of becoming 1-cost. Might be useful in long fights, but single dice and high range kills it for me.

I was going to make a snide remark on how it is useless to post battles not in ordes, since everyone knows the order of T2 fight appearences, but you have changed all quotes. I still going to make that remark, because we still can use difficulties to do that.

MiiNiPaa fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jan 8, 2022

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Now that we have access to tiers of options, it's not always guaranteed that we'll unlock the abnormality fights "in order." For this part of Urban Plague, I did the whole tier in a row, then the resulting abnormalities, before moving on to the next tier.

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

COMBAT OBOE
TACTICAL OBOE
OH BO, PLAY THAT OBOE

jokes aside, gaze office is tons of fun and Observe lets you get up to Shenanigans with stuff like Happy Memories. Bono is also still the hottest guy in LOR.

We're all agreed on smashing that 5! though, right? Like c'mon now; it's not like it'll get less tempting.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

MiiNiPaa posted:

Yay, a paralysis-themed deck.
I threw Allocs passive on my GUN page as the last passive for even more guaranteed clash win.
Observe is great card, offset only by its 3 cost. You will have to either use light-restoring cards or time it to Emotion level change to get the most of it.
Opportunity Spotted is awesome emotion generator, and is actually not that bad power-wise for 1-cost if attacking paralysed opponent.
Binding Arms is a 3-cost with power of 2-cost and potential of becoming 1-cost. Might be useful in long fights, but single dice and high range kills it for me.

I was going to make a snide remark on how it is useless to post battles not in ordes, since everyone knows the order of T2 fight appearences, but you have changed all quotes. I still going to make that remark, because we still can use difficulties to do that.

Funnily, Binding Arms is the only card from this set I made extensive use of (outside of gimmick builds, cough Full Stop cough), on account of it being the first even passable anti-ranged page you get.

Going Gaze-> Full Stop makes the latter a lot less of a hurdle.

NullBlack
Oct 29, 2011

MetaMeme posted:

We're all agreed on smashing that 5! though, right? Like c'mon now; it's not like it'll get less tempting.

counter argument:
The thread had not picked "Humans doing human things" yet, which means it remains to be seen.
We have the option of another librarian on Yesod's floor. Unless TeeQueue plans on throwing another curveball, that librarian will be T.Hinman, the resident "human who does human things".
I want to know how T.Hinman responds to whatever that option is, and for that to happen, she needs to be unbooked first.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
We can cross off Buff Malkuth from the LP Bucket List. Good work :v:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
This thread is full of stinkers (I say to myself as I also vote for the hardest option) :mmmhmm:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Okay so the difficulty for a fight is being indicated by the fear level indicators from Lob Corp
One of those is at “Reverence”, aka literally only possible to be inflicted by White Night

Should we be worried

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

CHiRAL posted:

This thread is full of stinkers (I say to myself as I also vote for the hardest option) :mmmhmm:
All I know is that if I had to get hosed by the node we just unlocked, the LP better get hosed too.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

the Orb of Zot posted:

Okay so the difficulty for a fight is being indicated by the fear level indicators from Lob Corp
One of those is at “Reverence”, aka literally only possible to be inflicted by White Night

Should we be worried

Back in the first post TeeQueue said he'd only use that marker for certain unique events. I assumed at the time it meant it was just gonna be endgame bosses but maybe he had this exact scenario in mind at the time and was accounting for both how hard and how tempting it would be to do now.

Personally I won that fight on the first try myself, but I had beaten the rest of the first row beforehand so I had a very reasonable amount of power going in. And it would obviously help to have four, rather than three, fighters.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.
Honestly, knowing the fight we're 100% sending Teequeue into, I'm not actually sure how he'd win it at this point. Maybe he should just... demonstrate then back the heck off?
I say as I vote for it.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I feel I should mention that, since this is a T2 fight, I’m going to get to do the general receptions first.

I also have no clue exactly how I’m going to deal with this, but I’m sure I can cobble something together given all of that. :v:

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Gaze office can be tricky if you're just middling at this game and randomly throwing cards into a deck without thinking about optimizing - paralysis plus Observe and Binding Arms building up in power can make it very hard to gain any ground back after they hit you and continue to pile on the punishment. Of course, as we've seen, they aren't that hard if you are taking the card game seriously. More importantly, they have great outfits and great beep and boop sounds in combat

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
I see where that vote is going. All of you are bastards for beelining him straight here. I voted for it too

New Key Pages

Not much to really say about these guys, they're kinda forgettable. At least they all look cool, so you can dress up your dudes as them. Bono's passive, Unstable Charge, is pretty decent though - 50% chance of Strength for only 2 points. Not reliable enough to stick around late-game when the selection is better, but if you've got a couple of free points to attribute with you could do worse.

New Combat Pages
Lots of Paralysis support here.

IIRC this is the most strength you can get out of using a single card in the entire game, and +3 strength can do a lot of things. Very, very strong, even if its high cost and poo poo rolls make it kinda tricky to use.

Oh yes. Oh yes. You can do SHENANIGANS with this card. This is legit in the top 10 cards in the entire game by my reckoning because of the plays it enables. The +1 power against paralysis attribute is completely worthless, the real power of this card is EMOTION COIN GENERATION. Behold, three 1-2 dice, GUARANTEEING three coins whenever you throw this down! A 3-5 defensive die up top, giving a 2/3 shot at a fourth coin! And it's a defensive dice too, so you can soften the blow of an incoming clash! And clash you drat well should with this page, because all those lovely dicerolls means you're almost guaranteed to lose every single clash, generating even more negative emotion coins! In short, this page is a god drat fountain of red emotion coins. Its mere existence makes getting some really tricky red Abnormality pages way, way easier.

An inherent Happy Memories-like effect means that this very hard-hitting single die card can go a long way...but I never used it myself. Single die attacks like this one are better on the enemy than the player imo, and the cost resets at the end of every act so it's kind of a pain to get the Binding Arms train going. I'm sure that you can get pretty good mileage out of this card if you tried it out, though. I'm pretty sure that the Happy Memories effect only works on the individual copy of Binding Memories and not all the copies in your deck, too...

A whole bunch of random paralysis archetype stuff that I never used, and probably never will.

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 8, 2022

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Can anyone remind me what Paralysis does?

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Tenebrais posted:

Can anyone remind me what Paralysis does?

-3 to maximum roll to one dice per page per stack of paralysis. Which means that stacking paralysis above 4 is useless (unless there are 5-dice cards). If reduction brings maximum below minimum, minimum will decrease too. Absolute minimum you can roll is 1.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

MetaMeme posted:

COMBAT OBOE
TACTICAL OBOE
OH BO, PLAY THAT OBOE

jokes aside, gaze office is tons of fun and Observe lets you get up to Shenanigans with stuff like Happy Memories. Bono is also still the hottest guy in LOR.

The best weapon that we almost didn't get. From the art book, the original request for the artist was to give Alloc a weapon about the size of an oboe. The story and gameplay devs didn't expect the artist to draw an actual oboe for Alloc's weapon. But it was so good that they decided to run with combat oboe.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I voted for the abno battle because I loving hate that Abno and want to see it get destroyed. I'm a simple man of simple interests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Doobeedoo posted:

Honestly, knowing the fight we're 100% sending Teequeue into, I'm not actually sure how he'd win it at this point. Maybe he should just... demonstrate then back the heck off?
I say as I vote for it.

TeeQueue posted:

Hopefully I won't have to give up on what the thread picks, but if I do get completely stuck then I'll be showing exactly how and why we're losing, and then reopening the list of choices.

golden bubble posted:

The best weapon that we almost didn't get. From the art book, the original request for the artist was to give Alloc a weapon about the size of an oboe. The story and gameplay devs didn't expect the artist to draw an actual oboe for Alloc's weapon. But it was so good that they decided to run with combat oboe.
Not the most ridiculous weapon we've seen in these games, but it's pretty up there considering the other ones are magical mental constructs and not just a thing some guy had to build.