Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Part of me was expecting that the train would arrive after only a few days and that would be that. I should really not try and underestimate this game anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
If I were eternally trapped in a warp train stuck in a void with no way to exit aside from getting murdered at the Library, I would simply handle it

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

t3isukone posted:

MR JAE-HEON'S WILD RIDE NEVER ENDS

Can I get off please?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

What I'm wondering is when exactly did they lose being individual people and merge into like, one consciousness? It looked like at the 10 year mark they were still separate people, in mind at least??

Also how does Elena remember something that happened nearly 2000 years ago that exactly

There is so much to unpack here and I hate all of it

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Tombot posted:

Part of me was expecting that the train would arrive after only a few days and that would be that. I should really not try and underestimate this game anymore.
I am expecting train to arrive exactly on time, but with horror on board. I still think that train has passengers forcibly be aware of subjective time in space between dimensions because of Gaze office device.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I adore this game. Tomerry is wonderful.

ArchiveLurker
Sep 5, 2009
I had heard a lot about Love Town and put it off for as long as possible, and when I finally got around to it it was about as bad as I dreaded. Good luck to TeeQueue on finishing this fight without finishing the first tier of Urban Plague and without any recent abnormalities. It's going to suck being Zaida and Steve for this next reception.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
So it might be worth asking now: which train is better? Express Train to Hell, or the Warp Train?

Watch them secretly be the same train somehow. :tinfoil:

Also, remember that this is a -rated fight, and even with a proper setup it's still bullshit. Tomerry is one of the hardest things in the game and one of the most horrifying. Love Town is notorious among the fandom for drat good reason.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 15, 2022

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

To get our minds of horrible events happened on train, how about another round of unfounded speculations?

Who do you think, based on themes of Abnormalities we already seen, are the rest of them for unlocked floors?

My theories:
Floor of General Works: since it has Bloodbath and is looking to be Carmen-themed, I bet on the Snow Queen.
Floor of History: based on themes of abandonment and betrayal, Snow White's Apple would be a good match.
Floor of Technological Sciences: since we have machines and experimentation victims, maybe the Dreaming Current?
Floor of Literature: drawing a blank here.
Floor of Art: both Abnormalities we saw technically do not want to harm anyone, so maybe the good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life?

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
See that implies having to fight a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life

We’d be worse than the Head if we did that

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

the Orb of Zot posted:

See that implies having to fight a good girl who has done nothing wrong in her life

We’d be worse than the Head if we did that
We coul pull Child of Galaxy again and fight other friends.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

SL the Pyro posted:

So it might be worth asking now: which train is better? Express Train to Hell, or the Warp Train?

Watch them secretly be the same train somehow. :tinfoil:

Also, remember that this is a -rated fight, and even with a proper setup it's still bullshit. Tomerry is one of the hardest things in the game and one of the most horrifying. Love Town is notorious among the fandom for drat good reason.

Notorious for a reason OTHER than being incredibly disturbing for multiple reasons????
:stonk: :stonk: :stonk:
:shepicide:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

ShyGuy1231 posted:

Notorious for a reason OTHER than being incredibly disturbing for multiple reasons????
Up until now, we've mostly been up against smallfry. Mostly just regular dudes with the occasional fight against a weak Abnormality. So far, the hardest fight has been regular dudes with guns. Now we're up against a millenia-old monstrosity that wouldn't be out of place in an Ordeal. It's a little bit of a step up in terms of threat level.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

GilliamYaeger posted:

Up until now, we've mostly been up against smallfry. Mostly just regular dudes with the occasional fight against a weak Abnormality. So far, the hardest fight has been regular dudes with guns. Now we're up against a millenia-old monstrosity that wouldn't be out of place in an Ordeal. It's a little bit of a step up in terms of threat level.

God help us.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

ShyGuy1231 posted:

They have a catchy theme song.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
It's literally the next update, can't you guys please hold it in for a couple of days? :ughh:

MetaMeme
Apr 30, 2017

You may boorishly refer to it as "Pickpocketing", but I prefer "Urban Foraging".

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Great. Now I'm hungry.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Great. Now I'm hungry.

Turns out the real reason for Time Prison is to get perfectly aged and tenderized meat.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Here's a disturbing thought, what if this happens every time anyone uses one of these trains and when they arrive back again, it's like nothing happened. Although I suppose if that was the case then the train would have arrived by now.

ShyGuy1231
Jan 7, 2021

Tombot posted:

Here's a disturbing thought, what if this happens every time anyone uses one of these trains and when they arrive back again, it's like nothing happened. Although I suppose if that was the case then the train would have arrived by now.

What if the singularity is actually cloning them? The original them stays on the train forever, while the other gets to go on living their life.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Wow, that would be even more horrifying. Nobody would even know it was happening!

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

CHiRAL posted:

It's literally the next update, can't you guys please hold it in for a couple of days? :ughh:

Goons literally can't help themselves. It is a universal law when it comes to a piece of media that goons get enthusiastic about.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
How did what's happening now not happen to Myo and the Rabbits whenever they teleported into Lopcorp before? Myo said that it hurt but not anything about it taking forever.

Winterdragon2004
Mar 28, 2021

I'll hear that wonderous sound again, even if it has to be from my own two hands

ShyGuy1231 posted:

What if the singularity is actually cloning them? The original them stays on the train forever, while the other gets to go on living their life.

I thought cloning was R Corps thing, with the sheer number we go through on a second by second basis on their side in Lob Corp.

Then again, the rabbits enter the facility through W Corps warps, so who knows?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Seems like there's a few possibilities for what's going on here.

1 - this is normal operation but everyone's state is reset to how it was a few seconds after leaving when they arrive, with no memories of the event.
2 - this is normal operation and a copy of everything on the train arrived happily at the destination station. Basically the Star Trek transporter with a more horrifying fate for the one that's destroyed.
3 - this is close to normal operation; normally everyone is in stasis for this journey and that got broken somehow.
4 - this is not normal operation and the train has got lost in transit.

And in that last case, the cause could be:
4a - being observed by the Library broke the teleportation
4b - being observed (or attempted to) by Gaze office broke the teleportation
4c - the Church of Gears interfered somehow, since the doctors seem to know Eileen
4d - if the Church is involved the Blue Reverberation might have interfered too, although I don't think the timing works out for this.

And of course, we can't rule out
5 - some unrelated glitch in W-corp caused this.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
And all that is why the W-Corp storyline is so interesting.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

I think 4b is likely. The Wings seem like they take patent protection seriously

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
It's definitely 4c. There's no way that them being there is a coincidence. And above all, there's no way they're still sane after 2000 years if they're normal people. So either they went through something at the Church of Gears kinda like we saw in one of the other cutscenes, or maybe Angela isn't the only AI around.

RandomReader
Nov 17, 2021

Junpei posted:

How did what's happening now not happen to Myo and the Rabbits whenever they teleported into Lopcorp before? Myo said that it hurt but not anything about it taking forever.
Speaking of the Rabbits, they get their minds wiped when they return from their missions, so that tech is out there, and it's possible W Corp. uses it on their passengers.
Just wait for it to be Wipe Corp, not Warp.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
They do have trains that teleport and go anywhere in 10 seconds from an outside perspective, though. And gets people in/out of LobCorp HQ. And teleports Abnormalities pulled out of the Well to branch offices. If it's not their real Singularity then it's still an impressive piece of tech, and they absolutely have a patent on it.

Winterdragon2004
Mar 28, 2021

I'll hear that wonderous sound again, even if it has to be from my own two hands
Now that I'm thinking about it, Lobotomy Corporation shows that different Wings can use each others tech and services. Maybe W trains are actually really slow but the first car has a built in TimeTrack device to make it seem faster than it actually is. Maybe someone tampered with it and created Love Town as a result. Would explain why Jae-Heon is interested in the upper cars at least

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Winterdragon2004 posted:

Now that I'm thinking about it, Lobotomy Corporation shows that different Wings can use each others tech and services. Maybe W trains are actually really slow but the first car has a built in TimeTrack device to make it seem faster than it actually is. Maybe someone tampered with it and created Love Town as a result. Would explain why Jae-Heon is interested in the upper cars at least

That raises another possibility, come to think of it - the train is working perfectly, and it's time that's going wrong. Love Town is going through all this by the same mechanism that Angela did.

Which still comes down to "someone interfered", just that they could have used TT2 technology to do it.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

Tenebrais posted:

3 - this is close to normal operation; normally everyone is in stasis for this journey and that got broken somehow.
4 - this is not normal operation and the train has got lost in transit.

And in that last case, the cause could be:
Those causes work not only for scenario 4, but for 3 as well. I think, that 3b or 3c are most likely. 3(4)a seems unlikely, because the only reason library showed us Molar office was because train broke and they used Invitation. They didn't intend to use Invitation anytime soon otherwise. There is possibility that Library knew that observation will break the train, tu ir requires level of prescience and intelligens from the Library, that I am not ready to accept.

Winterdragon2004 posted:

And this idea is interesting. Maybe everybody in Warp trains really experience Long Jaunt, but T Corp device (not TT2, that IIRC was specific one in LC) compresses time to normal. And by creating a connection between real world and warp space, it broke that compression.

Fun fact, there are restaraunts in the City making something like that:

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

MiiNiPaa posted:

Fun fact, there are restaraunts in the City making something like that:

I know The City is a nightmare capitalist dystopia, but god I wish that were real in our world.

Doobeedoo
Oct 6, 2013

Trees and plants tend to grow on this Pokemon's back because it moves so little. It loves eating food while playing with tiny Pokemon.

Amidiri posted:

I know The City is a nightmare capitalist dystopia, but god I wish that were real in our world.

It's probably powered by human sacrifice somehow, though.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Doobeedoo posted:

On the one hand, humans are sacrificed without care or thought to fuel the technology that gives us conveniences, but on the other hand it makes really good stew, so who can say if it's good or bad? :v:

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Doobeedoo posted:

This is how stuff works in the real world too, mind you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marluxia
May 8, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

2 - this is normal operation and a copy of everything on the train arrived happily at the destination station. Basically the Star Trek transporter with a more horrifying fate for the one that's destroyed.

That's why I specifically called out the teleportation paradox in my earlier post, yeah. That's probably the simplest explanation for all this. The guys on the trains were never supposed to come back because they already have clones at the other stations that they thought they were going to, with all their previous memories.

Incidentally, this explains how the rabbits gets into the LoboCorp main building, but now the question is, if W Corp's true technology is in fact, cloning a perfect copy, not teleportation, then what does R Corp actually have?