Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
We will have had a more perfect game without his irrational Merk fear (Shelly Mae this is what this phrase means)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

At least with Sandy it’s not a town result lol

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
do you think that post stood out to Mae because she's scum?~

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Somberbrero posted:

do you think that post stood out to Mae because she's scum?~

Lol hi somber

I literally didn't know what post you were talking about for a hot second, probably because I'm not scum so I don't belong on that list.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Sand Somber GK are my picks, but somber relies on GK being town and scum having a 2 godfather equivalent for somber.

Alternatively mae/shell/taste as an invisible redirector but honestly I think the answers lie in votes here.

Going to look back at the keane dissidents and who was on gulag ixt

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I dont feel taste is scum basically at all

Mae and shell are also not likely imo, but not ruled out completely.

Somber has pinged me across days.

I dont see GK as scum with Keane doubling down on a mason pair up. Not impossible, but with gunsmith flip, strong evidence to support GK for the real cop.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
##vote sand

However, If sand isn't scum, I'm okay going tomorrow to sort out the GK mess.

Scum likely won't kill me with a still pending result. Makes for an easy push.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 6 Votecount :c:

Sandwolf (3): t a s t e, Somberbrero, Idle Amalgam
George Kansas (2): Maerlyn, Toalpaz

Not Voting (3): George Kansas, Sandwolf, Shellception

:h: With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is Wednesday, 11PM EDT -- that's about 1 day from this post. The deadline will be floating.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
copped sandwolf as town

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

p sure i’m sane so not voting sandwolf

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We could just vote beek and find out

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

t a s t e posted:

We could just vote beek and find out

do it bitch

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You don’t need to sign your posts in mafia

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Idk mae and toal have been playing like insane people so I’m less than inclined to join that vote

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Taste you were riding hard for executing GK for 2 days straight, why are you opposed now?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Dead town claimed his killer

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Whatever we do, let's just do it quick. We have the lead, let's chase it down.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

We have a scum result on IA so there's that option

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Ehh I was wrong about Keane and GK could be lying:

##unvote
##vote Sandwolf

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Maerlyn posted:

Ehh I was wrong about Keane and GK could be lying:

##unvote
##vote Sandwolf

Why would go lie about sandy being town. IA is the baddie. Let's not let him escape.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

[quote="Toalpaz" post="517920728"]
Why would go lie about sandy being town. IA is the baddie. Let's not let h

GK maf edit

Why tf did u claim mason with Keane gk

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

##unvote

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##unvote I’m doubting my first inclination

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'd vote GK over Sand...despite merks post he's not infallible and GK blatantly lied about being masons with CCK.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We don’t know that, but him all but giving up does make me wonder

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Gulag had to have attempted the kill n1, right? Unless he was watched by ixt I guess

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Town didn’t target gulag, so either scum targeted him or he tried to kill

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

t a s t e posted:

We don’t know that, but him all but giving up does make me wonder

Didn't I quote it earlier? I referenced it with somber earlier because I thought sombers reaction was a little strange

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No I mean they could be masons and it’s just not in flip

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

With a new day comes new potential. What horror happened during the night? Who else was brutally murdered? And will they find justice today, or will the workers again kill off one of their own?

I can answer one of those questions: after a quick headcount, everyone who went to bed the night before is still accounted for the next morning. Wow!

Things are about to begin when someone notices a thick stack of papers, neatly bound together and wrapped in a ribbon. It's fresh records! Produced in the factory's records department! Reports, requests, forms in triplicate, all revealing vital information about what happened last night, while redactions obscure the most important parts: who did what to whom.

Nobody dies night 1.

💥 FLARE RESULTS 💥
Here is a list of everyone who (1) performed an action last night, AND/OR (2) received an action last night.

- b-minus1
- gay for gacha
- George Kansas
- GulagDolls
- Hal Insandenza
- Ixtlilton
- merk
- Sandwolf
- Shellception
- Somberbrero

It is now Day 2

:h: With 16 alive it takes 9 to execute.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Sunday, September 12th, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / Monday ~5AM Spain

What do we *know*

- b-minus1 [ixt claimed visit]
- gay for gacha [flipped town gunsmith, performed action on Gulag - confirmed] (I’m an idiot)
- George Kansas [claimed to target somber, claimed target of shell]
- GulagDolls [targeted by g4g - confirmed]
- Hal Insandenza [bodyguarded someone?]
- Ixtlilton [claims to have watched b minus]
- merk [Sandwolf target - confined]
- Sandwolf [target merk - confirmed]
- Shellception [claimed to target gk]
- Somberbrero [gk claimed to target]

So discounting flipped town and confirmed claims, who attempted a kill n1? Let’s assume nobody acted that wasn’t picked up for now

-GK
-Gulag (maybe? Is doc enabler the best person to try a kill? I guess getting caught might benefit scum)
-IXT (probably not, given b minus appearance)
- shell
- somber

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

t a s t e posted:

No I mean they could be masons and it’s just not in flip

I thought it was in the flip.

EccoRaven posted:

:c: FINAL Day 5 Votecount :c:

CCKeane (6): Somberbrero, t a s t e, Idle Amalgam, -Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, -Somberbrero, Shellception, Somberbrero, gay for gacha, Maerlyn
Idle Amalgam (4): George Kansas, Sandwolf, Toalpaz, -Toalpaz, Toalpaz, -Toalpaz, Toalpaz, Idle Amalgam, -Idle Amalgam, -Sandwolf, Somberbrero, -Somberbrero, -Toalpaz, CCKeane, Toalpaz, Sandwolf
Toalpaz (0): Maerlyn, -Maerlyn, Idle Amalgam, -Idle Amalgam, Maerlyn, -Maerlyn
Sandwolf (0): Idle Amalgam, -Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, t a s t e, gay for gacha, Shellception, -t a s t e, Toalpaz, -Idle Amalgam, t a s t e, Idle Amalgam, -Toalpaz, -Idle Amalgam, -t a s t e, Maerlyn, -Shellception, -Maerlyn, Somberbrero, Shellception, -gay for gacha, -Shellception, -Somberbrero
Maerlyn (0): Sandwolf, Toalpaz, -Toalpaz, -Sandwolf, Sandwolf, gay for gacha, -gay for gacha, -Sandwolf
gay for gacha (0): Maerlyn, -Maerlyn
George Kansas (0): Idle Amalgam, -Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, -Idle Amalgam

:h: With 10 players alive, it took 6 votes to be executed.

= = = = = = = = = = = =

The laborers debated back and forth, considering almost everyone in the factory at some point. Even Gacha, who had seemingly been attacked by the strikebreakers, was not above suspicion. Finally, as the sun started to set, they quickly came to an agreement: Keane had been a little too quiet, a little too distracting. He explained he was just having a hard time concentrating, the stress of the violence had been getting to him, but with so little time left the workers made do. He was hanged an hour before sunset.

Checking Keane's room there was little to reveal his alignment. His room was immaculately clean, his makeshift bed was well-made, and his few possessions were neatly organized on a makeshift desk. Had the workers again killed one of their own?

:s: CCKeane, Desiderata Rosamonte, Comrade (town-aligned mason), was execu---

But wait! As everyone was beginning to end the search, they stepped on a loose board. Underneath was a series of papers, including a list of everyone in the factory: red Xs along the dead, and parenthetical notes describing "who needs to die next." He was definitely scum!

:s: CCKeane, Desiderata Rosamonte, Traitor (mafia-aligned godfather), was executed day 5. :s:

It is now Night 5.

You have 12 hours from this post to submit your action. Yes, only 12! Please be quick about it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I mean, I guess

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Shell’s been on the right side of most votes so far. I’m inclined to trust the doctor claim, which means that if a kill attempt occurred gk was indeed the target

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

So we have (alleged):
Taste - backup cop
Toal - backup doc
GK - Cop + mason?
Shell - doc (deactivated)
Sand - JOAT
IA - Flare
Somb - VT
Mae - VT

I would think we'd have to have a scum cop enabler similar to Gulag as the doc enabler but that's also speculative.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you had a scum result you believed in would you advocate for it even a little bit

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Gk might as well have revealed it in a droopy dog voice and left

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Well he probably believed in his IA result and look where that got him. If Keane hadn't been on it too it might have more weight but I'm going to look at that again tomorrow.

I'm kinda thinking somber but that doesn't explain the no NK. GK and somber can't both be scum and GK be a failed NK target.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
If GK is lying about his results (scum IA and town Sand) or is a false doctor, then we have a bit of a conundrum here because that'd make two scum and not one (GK and Sand, who he's protecting with the false votes). If only GK is scum, he's randomly saving Sand who was the most likely target today. So what gives?

That's why I think (I don't know why Merk thought I sounded so sure, what) that vote results are messed up somehow.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

Somberbrero posted:

We have the lead, let's chase it down.

I do agree with this, tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Idle Amalgam posted:

##vote sand
Scum likely won't kill me with a still pending result. Makes for an easy push.

We said that about Merk and he got roasted.

I do want to point out that Merk's flavor does indeed mention being trapped on his room before burning to death. He didn't say so on his post yesterday, although Sand did read it on his words somehow. If there's really a coincidence of killers (that is the killer is not Sand) then that's outstanding storytelling by Ecco.

And also am giggling a bit about the possibility of someone going all "THE REVOLUTION WILL LIVE ONNNN" outside Merk's door and then... locking the door and leaving. Badass heroism there.