Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)
The city of Podłima: a crucible of desire. A lifetime ago its streets were a madhouse of Ruzelian prospectors, where tens of thousands from across the Imperia sacrificed everything they had for everything the world could offer. Unfortunately, for most of these fortune seekers, all they got was poverty and pain. With nowhere to go and no way to leave, Podłima became a massive slum whose residents only live to survive another day.
Some time later, but still some time before now, an entrepreneuse in Porta Regina had an idea. She had discovered a way to make weapons-grade steel in mass quantities at low cost. However it was very labor-intensive, requiring hundreds of people casting heavy fire spells for hours every day. The workforce in the core cities was unsuitable for this tedium, so she built her factory in the heart of Podłima, advertising wages at 12 silver coins a week - a pittance along the coasts, but here, a lifesaver.
It was a complete success. The company made a tidy profit while the new employees could afford a higher standard of living, like fresh bread and better housing. Soon other businesses followed, providing more jobs and opportunities for more people. Today the city is an industrial paradise. The shacks and tenements have been torn down, replaced by apartments, markets, schools, clinics, taverns, and of course, the infrastructure of industry.
Prae & Assoc's. Trading Co. has a diverse portfolio, but its most profitable line is its soap industry. From its factory in Podłima they sell scented soap across the Imperia, but its workers are unhappy with the conditions on the line. They are regularly burned by the lye or get sick from the fumes, and occasionally workers fall into vats of tallow. Management rejected the workers' demands - protection spells, guard rails, white mages on staff, and goggles - claiming they would be far too costly to implement.
Last week, after yet another death on the line, the workers had enough. They entered the factory, locked the doors behind them, and struck down the signage. This "strike" as they called it wouldn't end until their demands were met. A week later, though, management was still holding firm, and the strikers were getting restless. They gathered on the floor to vote on whether to keep it going; the strike's organizer, Julie Więcek, gave an impassioned speech before the vote, and the strike continued, 13 to 3. Last night, though, Julie was murdered in her sleep. Now the strikers have to fight for their lives on another front, and root out the finks in their midst.

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 15 player closed-setup game. It is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter.

Please post every day. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll prod you with a PM. If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included.

Every game day will have a deadline. If a majority vote has not been reached by then, the day will end with no execution. Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it's floating.

To sign up, say whether you want to play or be a replacement, and whether or not you have PMs. If you don't have PMs, include your email. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email once a week, so if you don't have PMs you should really consider getting it!

If you are living with, or otherwise have regular OOT contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

CURRENT PHASE: N / A
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

1) b-minus1
2) CCKeane
3) gay for gacha
4) George Kansas (he/him)
5) GulagDolls
6) Hal Insandenza (he/him/hal)
7) Idle Amalgam
8) Ixtlilton
9) Lotus Aura (they/their/them)
10) Maerlyn (she/her)
11) merk (he/him)
12) Pinterest Mom
13) Sandwolf (He/Him)
14) Shellception (she/her) (first game!!!!!)
15) Somberbrero (He/him)
16) t a s t e
17) Toalpaz (THEY THEM)

Night 0: Dragnix, Julie Więcek, The Spark (town-aligned mason recruiter), died.
Day 1: Lotus Aura, Anne Renat, Laborer (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 1: Nobody died, how mysterious! But also a list was posted, even mysteriouser!
Day 2: GulagDolls, Brogan, Fink In Charge of Supplies (mafia-aligned doc enabler), executed.
Night 2: Hal Incandenza, Jasper Orion, Working-Class Hero (town-aligned bodyguard), died. Pinterest Mom, Nathaniel, Mistrusted Laborer (town-aligned miller), died.
Day 3: Ixtlilton, Althur, Fink Who Can't Sleep (mafia-aligned watcher), executed.
Night 3: Nobody died again! Wow! What a strange set of circumstances, again!
Day 4: b-minus1, Meride, Laborer (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 4: merk, Orion Orestes, Laborer with a Journal (town-aligned stump), died.
Day 5: CCKeane, Desiderata Rosamonte, Traitor (mafia-aligned godfather), executed.
Night 5: gay for gacha, Firdaus, Foreman (town-aligned gunsmith), died.
Day 6: George Kansas, Eoinn meg-Cullein, Union Officer (town-aligned cop), executed.
Night 6: Shellception, Gregoire Kilmeade, Striker Who Used to Work on a Farm (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 7: idle amalgam, Carmen, Fink Responsible for All the Paperwork Around Here (mafia-aligned cop enabler), executed.

:toot:
GAME OVER
TOWN VICTORY

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Sep 23, 2021

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Thanks

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I would like to play

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I would like to play. I do have private messages.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

we playing? I suppose.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Somberbrero posted:

I would like to play. I do have private messages.

Well, now that you mention it. I suppose I do too.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yes!

Plat: Yes
AIM: DiscoMeatGrind

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
An ecco game?

I'd like to play, and I have PMs

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

I'll play and I have PMs.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

EccoGames rule.

I’m jammed full schedule-wise, so this is not a signup, but I’ll be observing!

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

I can play and have PM's

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hell yeag
I have pms

b-minus1 fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Aug 27, 2021

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Yes, I will play.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would like to play, please make me a mysterious emerald who dislikes soap

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
I have never played a Mafia game, is it OK for me to join? If so, I have PMs.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I will play, I have PMs.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
ok i’ll play

i have PMs

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Shellception posted:

I have never played a Mafia game, is it OK for me to join? If so, I have PMs.

i’m not ecco but I speak for them when I say, yes of course

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I will play, I have PMs

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am in.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Due to overwhelming interest I will expand the player cap - if you sign up before the end of the weekend, you're in the game. If you are someone who would prefer a smaller game, then I apologize for the bait and switch.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

Due to overwhelming interest I will expand the player cap - if you sign up before the end of the weekend, you're in the game. If you are someone who would prefer a smaller game, then I apologize for the bait and switch.

I am out if player count rises above 15.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

fine

e: i have regular oot contact with players in this game

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Aug 27, 2021

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Grandicap posted:

I am out if player count rises above 15.

mark vs grand I cap........ the fight if the century

e: oh no that's it, goodbye friend cap, next time I promise

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Is this game going to have a Discord?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

mark vs grand I cap........ the fight if the century

e: oh no that's it, goodbye friend cap, next time I promise

No problem ecco, do what is right for your game :)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

Is this game going to have a Discord?

no, it will be run as I run all my games, with a single .txt file.

if someone made a discord for this game, like for observers or whatever, I will not stop them, I cannot, as it is a free country. likewise if a scumteam (or mason team or some other group of people who can communicate out of thread) wants a discord, they can make one, they need not even invite me if they prefer privacy.

Grandicap posted:

No problem ecco, do what is right for your game :)

thank you friend, good luck and stay safe out there, people are gettin' crazy

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I would like to begin the pregame discussion by talking about the Food For Thought restaurant in Williamsburg, VA: https://www.foodforthoughtrestaurant.com/

What would you order there? The Da Vinci Dippers? Or maybe some of That Nutty Chicken!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

George Kansas posted:

I would like to begin the pregame discussion by talking about the Food For Thought restaurant in Williamsburg, VA: https://www.foodforthoughtrestaurant.com/

What would you order there? The Da Vinci Dippers? Or maybe some of That Nutty Chicken!

Beek, this isn’t a hypothetical for me

I can’t speak for Ecco

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

t a s t e posted:

I can’t speak for Ecco

then what did you order there??

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The meatloaf

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

George Kansas posted:

The Best Creme Brûlée

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

On second thought, I'll have to bow out.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

t a s t e posted:

I can’t speak for Ecco

no thoughts head ecco — Today at 8:26 AM
I am imagining barnaby taking a cross country road trip, making a stop at williamsburg, virginia, but driving past every exit for colonial williamsburg, completely skipping over sno-to-go, saying "shuck that jive" to every pancake house he sees (whether it be Mama Steve's House of Pancakes, Astronomical Pancakes, or even Not Another Pancake House), giving the bird to the Yankee Candle Warehouse, and only going to Food for Thought

Mr. Humalong posted:

On second thought, I'll have to bow out.

:(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

no thoughts head ecco — Today at 8:26 AM
I am imagining barnaby taking a cross country road trip, making a stop at williamsburg, virginia, but driving past every exit for colonial williamsburg, completely skipping over sno-to-go, saying "shuck that jive" to every pancake house he sees (whether it be Mama Steve's House of Pancakes, Astronomical Pancakes, or even Not Another Pancake House), giving the bird to the Yankee Candle Warehouse, and only going to Food for Thought

Lol

Buying the cider mug at the visitor center complex

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

let's gossip about who Mr. Humalong is trying to avoid. It's gotta be pmom right??

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It’s me

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
I would just like to make my usual pre-game request for scum or 3p.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

George Kansas posted:

let's gossip about who Mr. Humalong is trying to avoid. It's gotta be pmom right??

sometimes things just come up in life and you can't commit to a game on line