Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Yes!

Plat: Yes
AIM: DiscoMeatGrind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It’s me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Let's bad mouth Kansas BBQ in this thread.

So you’re leaving Kansas City out of it?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m going to go have some very good Greek-style lentil soup now

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

I had this Greek lemon and chicken soup a few weeks ago that was super good, can’t remember the name though

Avgolemono!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ixtlilton posted:

Is clam chowder a soup?

That’s a chowder I believe

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

quickest mod-abandoned game I've ever seen

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Want to come over for soup?

WHAT THE gently caress

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

t a s t e posted:

I am a freeman on the land

and at sea, a true scallywag

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Give us roles and a deadline tonight.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

If I vote another player with my vote already on a player it will be tallied like everyone else’s vote.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Toalpaz posted:

I wanted to do this bit kinda :sigh:

We can share it (:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It’d be a real gas if someone voted a bunch of people trying to trigger Ecco and instead, just one vote counts

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Insandenza posted:

Hello friends, remember that if you don’t unvote any future votes will not be registered as valid votes

Prove it to me, because I do not believe you

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Reset your mind every real day too, every flip of the sun brings new info.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Pinterest Mom posted:

that said merk's right

##unvote
##vote gulag

What is merk right about!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote PMom

bad vote followed up by bad defense of vote, merk has played a lot with Gulag, you riding his coattails is a bad look

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

##vote lotus

I gotta say though, merk, as someone who can read gulag, this feels like an overreaction to your last game. I get town pings from it (and your scumclaim I see you), but you gotta let gulag disappoint you with no reads before you go all-in.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Pinterest Mom posted:

I didn't follow up by defending my vote anywhere. What are you talking about?

“no defense” is a bad defense btw

you jumped onto a policy vote that you really don’t have anywhere near as much frame of reference for as merk.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

merk posted:

It ended joke phase pretty cleanly.

It is a real opinion, but I knew that vote wasn’t going to be all I did today.

Ohhhh trust me, I know, and I know it’s a real opinion and you’d probably even actually lunch gulag over it. Still think it’s an overreaction to your game with him.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Sandwolf posted:

What is merk right about!

Pinterest Mom posted:

put your detective hat on and search for things merk has said that might be related to me voting for gulag

I specifically asked you to defend your vote and you told me to go kick rocks, lmao

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

It absolutely looks like you’re not willing to stick your neck out one iota for that vote. You can reword whatever I’ve said however you’d like to, but you made a bad vote, avoided explaining it at all, and are now trying to argue that you shouldn’t have to explain it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

Curious

Merk you're gonna want to go ahead and skip my next nine posts

Please consider the ramifications of proving merk right, gulag!!

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

Merk isn't voting Gulag anymore, though.

you know who is, though...

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ugh okay binus is scum

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

why. TELL ME

Me or binus

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

GulagDolls posted:

i don't think the mafiasphere can handle a bigger ego merk.

you

Town binus actually tries. Scum/3P binus does this “look here are reads, lol” ish that makes sense to no one and isn’t supposed to make sense to anyone.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Try again

Who’s scum lmao

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Shellception posted:

I sense much of this game hinges on having been known the other players for a gazillon prior games. It's fun to watch, but it's difficult to understand the clues from the outside.

Anyway, I'm for it :munch:.

has anything stuck out to you? anyone sounding fake or forced, anyone sounding disingenuous?

it's a common criticism of our community that we overly rely on meta reads of one another, which does happen in other communities don't get me wrong, but your unfiltered view may actually be a boon not an albatross

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Idle Amalgam posted:

I do think sandy has been a bit... "performative"

*jazz hands*

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Lotus when you get a chance lemme know who you think is scummy so far

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Lotus Aura posted:

IA and binus are giving me the scummiest vibes overall so far, but nothing really concrete to point to

This is weak content from Lotus, I would agree.

Toalpaz is also pinging me a bit but I feel a little bad about them not getting to play mafia recently so I'll actually give Toal that D1 pass for now

PMom anything pinging you?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I approximately agree with Shellception that I'm getting light town vibes from merk & gulag so far

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

So do you think binus is scummy or townie or neutral, Lotus?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

How was plasma?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##unvote
##vote binus

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

gay for gacha posted:

I'm not arguing that lotus feels like they are making nothing posts. I don't get a scum ping from their posts. Do you think lotus is posting different than Lixliton?

This is mostly my problem and my reason for being OK with voting Lotus. Their posts feel empty and sort of avoidant. When pressed they kinda just gave some names and no reasoning and no vote.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

CCKeane posted:

I think I like Toals case a lot, and I don't like that it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves, I think. Shifting into bminus/lotus makes me uncomfortable, especially since I don't feel the sandwolf case was discussed enough.

Obviously I’m biased but I don’t like this phrasing (“I think I like Toals case a lot”??) and I don’t like this attempt to bring us back to a case most people ignored not because of any nefarious factor, but because it wasn’t convincing. Toal acts certain that I’m scum but doesn’t even have that own conviction behind their posts.

The Sandwolf case was discussed, most people ignored it, now Keane for some reason thinks THAT case is the best of the day, and wants more discussion there...

I’m happy to vote Lotus or Binus here.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

besides being wrong about me, the last sentence is at odds with the rest of your post. Do you think keane is scummy or not

Yeah a bit but I’m not trying to get him eliminated today. I think a scum flip of you or Lotus would make Keane look worse, so I’m happy to wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Also I’m down to vote Lotus but since deadline is so far away and holiday weekend I don’t expect a lunch early, so I’m gonna use my vote a little more like a prod for now