Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
An ecco game?

I'd like to play, and I have PMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I would just like to make my usual pre-game request for scum or 3p.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Lol this is going to be good

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I come from the sodium rich, mesquite smoked, sauce covered hills of Texas. Children, after learning to toddle and babble, are given a pair of boots, a ten-gallon hat, and a slab of ribs.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Depending on your region of Texan BBQ, you may make a yep, yeehaw, hot drat, or grito call after sinking your teeth into a cut of smoked meat.

Then years later, on a hospital bed, hopefully surrounded by loved ones, the doctor's will say... "this was entirely preventable."

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Miami Vice Humalong

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I rise from my squalid catacomb, fetid air escaping my clenched teeth, eager for another chance at bamboozles and/or sleuthing.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I UnDeRsTaNd ThAt If I Do NoT UnVoTe My VoTe WiLl NoT Be ReMoVeD

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I have once again entered the survival horror world of wage inequality... good luck.

##vote gacha

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Jet ski merk has found the old merk.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Pinterest Mom posted:

that said merk's right

##unvote
##vote gulag

##unvote
##vote P Mom

scum found.

Easy. :ocelot:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Sandwolf posted:

Reset your mind every real day too, every flip of the sun brings new info.

:hmmyes:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I think policy voting is bad in general but i feel people who sidle with it effortlessly or are suspiciously vehement in their opposition of a policy vote are most likely to be scum.

So lotus and p mom both look good to me from that pov.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

I think policy voting is bad in general but i feel people who sidle with it effortlessly or are suspiciously vehement in their opposition of a policy vote are most likely to be scum.

Go with the vote easily not sidle.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Sandwolf posted:

ugh okay binus is scum

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Without any player meta knowledge. I still think the persons most likely to make stink about, or agree blindly with, a policy vote are those that are most likely be scum.

What sayeth you?

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Somberbrero posted:

Sounds like a policy regarding policy votes.

Hmm, true I suppose, but I think looking at how people are playing instead of personal rapport is a more productive way to look at the game.

I should say, my line of thinking doesn't have to be true there, but I think it has a good chance of it :)

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

b-minus1 posted:

This is such bs lmao

I do think sandy has been a bit... "performative"

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Sorry, I'll get caught up in the next couple of hours. Generic weekend excuses.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Somberbrero posted:

I do recall you posting a mad men meme that got under my skin as you mention it. That was a while ago, it surprises me you'd use it to inform your read here.

This is good. Makes me wonder about the sincerity of merk's early read of somber. Strange reason to make an alignment call.

merk posted:

I never forget when I upset someone. I try to be better. Behind this ruthless shell is a real human, a dad even.

lol :allears: that's fair, I suppose.

Shellception posted:

This seems to boil down to the policy call supporters/opposers grinding each other in. One or more parties in that mess are probably scum pushing for a townie to die, but there's still not much to separate them.

Also, probably gotta sleep, I bet I'll wake up to a barrage of posts. Time differences suck.

I agree with this.

GulagDolls posted:

##vote toalpaz

aside from the case itself feeling like a reach, the language toalpaz is using feels too self-assured for a d1 case. they've played with sandwolf in several games v. recently where he makes those kinds of posts as town so i wouldn't expect such a hard call on them being 'fake content' with that knowledge of sandwolf's 2021 Summer Meta in mind.

I don't like this vote so much, but only because it assumes toalpaz's player meta should influence his read of sandwolf which seems like a stretch of logic to me

Maerlyn posted:

This argument doesn't make sense. Scum would go along with a policy vote sure (avoid giving any actual opinions about scumminess, an easy vote) but you think being vehemently opposed is a scum tell too? The "I guess I'll vote that person but I don't like it" attitude leans town? Lol

This feels like a really weak " have your cake and eat it too" kind of argument.

The explanation is, scum know who isn't scum. Town does not. So if the split push results in the lunching of a player that is actually town, then the would be more likely to appear as town for consistently going against it. It's not always the case, but that's why I think the extremes of both ends are where you'll find scum.

Toalpaz posted:

ITS NOT THE SAME AS PLAYING

This is how certain I am about scum wolf. Town wolf does gently caress around but this is scumming around.

This post was gross though lol. Don't know if it's scumpaz gross, but definitely not the condemnation of sand it's supposed to be.

Toalpaz posted:

yeah i guess in a vacuum I'd vote lotus for this but also lotus's other posting is fine so I give scum flip odds 50/50

hmmmmmmmm

I don't like this.

:thunk:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
P Mom, Toal, Merk for my suspect list.

P Mom for immediate agreement with a policy vote.

Toal for the weird vacuum 50/50 on Lotus. It's just a weird post that ultimately doesn't say much when they pushed for sand in a way that appeared overblown.

Merk made a weird meta alignment call on somber with strange reasoning that feels fake

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Alright, I've caught up... ##unvote
##vote P Mom

I think this is the best place to start, just like I said before.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I explained it though

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
More than once even

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Basically, p mom agreed immediately with a policy vote. That was the tell.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

P Mom, Toal, Merk for my suspect list.

P Mom for immediate agreement with a policy vote.

Toal for the weird vacuum 50/50 on Lotus. It's just a weird post that ultimately doesn't say much when they pushed for sand in a way that appeared overblown.

Merk made a weird meta alignment call on somber with strange reasoning that feels fake

Most recent

Idle Amalgam posted:

First specific mention

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Toalpaz posted:

that doesn't mean anything

You not even taking the time to actually read my posts before calling them scummy is. Especially when you can quickly see that's not the case.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

You not even taking the time to actually read my posts before calling them scummy is. Especially when you can quickly see that's not the case.

Actually, is what is scummy*

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Idle Amalgam posted:

Most recent

First specific mention

Maybe the looks good to me on that first mention is what's strange.

Make them look good as scum candidates. They reflected poorly in my eyes, if that was the confusing bit at all.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Toalpaz posted:

The first vote of pmom's game, voting gulag for being impossible to read poo poo poster, is not a real scum tell. You have a fake case, you are selling on the 'policy vote' aspect.

Lol okay

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I've become All-American IA and have grilled and am a little buzzed. Who's scum? No lying.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Somberbrero posted:

I read the last four pages again trying to find my feet.

I think this is the best point I read.

##unvote
##vote Lotus

The case gets more compelling the longer Lotus goes without posting.

Just highlighting that this appears insincere. Also the turn around on merk, esp. with the whole meta dismissal from him, looks suspicious.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Toalpaz posted:

This is some incredible d1 content. (I'm speaking generally, not about the post I'm about to quote.)

It's fine B-, and alignment neutral. Don't you worry your little head about afk players. We still have 24 hours left in the day and lotus has been a topic of great discussion.

Shell, I just want to say I'm not angry or mad and I'm sorry I gave you that impression.

Meh. I think ixt is an awkward player, but there are far better candidates for d1.

I think somber sounds incredibly town to be honest. I like Merk this game, I like binus, I like Mae...

Gulags play is totally different then that scum game. Tbh I don't think gulag could be motivated enough to change their play as scums? But maybe gulag would cause this looks to be fun.

Gfg posts in a way that I think is kinda scummy every game and I detect no difference there.

I think we should execute IA or Sandy or lotus.

I'm just curious, do you think we should execute me because you failed to see what I was talking about on P Mom? The thing I had actually explained more than once.

I'd really like some clarification on why I'm the top of your list.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
I think P Mom or Toal are the best votes today. The lack of real detractors on lotus makes me feel like they are more likely to be town in that case, not more likely to be scum. I'd probably vote toal over P Mom even.

Their play is more curious because they're around making comments, it's just the comments look off. Also I think they've got fake suspicion on me, or at least, I've yet to understand it in a way that is satisfactory.

##unvote
##vote Toal

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Feel better, scumberbrero

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Shellception posted:

Hey, get better!

I just travelled halfway across the country (Spain, not USA so not so much of a great distance but still) to meet a friend and her six month baby, only to learn her husband tested positive two days ago, he isolated, but her baby started showing symptoms just one hour before we were supposed to meet, so now I am doing nothing because I can't help at all and she's stressed to death. gently caress. Plague times suck.

gently caress, that's scary. Hope they all heal quickly, and you stay safe as well. These times do suck.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Toalpaz posted:

I explained why I didn't like your case. I'm not even voting you, you're not top of my list. Taking that list of names as if I meant it to mean: "These people are scum in order." was pretty self serving. Nice OMGUS, though. You're acting pretty defensively for someone with 0 votes on them, making 7 posts explaining yourself isn't a good look imo.

It seems bad faithy and I'm happy with my read of you.

I mean, I'm questioning you because I think it's bogus suspicion lol, I'm not concerned about anything. Me pointing out the explanation is because I felt you had a bad faith opinion on me.

Anyhow, I grow weary of this jig, for now.

But I too feel good about my read of you.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
In that you are scum... come at me

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

Maerlyn posted:

I do think Toal could be scum here but I think that's largely based on meta right now, town Toal fucks around a lot more than they have here... I'm not used to seeing real reads from them but I haven't played with Toal as scum either so grain of salt and all that. Also they have been dealt a poo poo hand lately by getting killed early, I don't want to continue the streak.

That is true. I'd be willing to give them a day 1 pass solely because town or scum, they've been getting obliterated in the first 36 hours of the last like 3 games lol.

I'll re-read the lotus arguments.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics

gay for gacha posted:

Does everyone really think merk is town???

p mom merk and toal are stronger scum reads for me. Merk over pmom for what they put down, but like I said, the immediate voting with merk on a bad policy vote is what seems scummier than the policy vote itself.

That whole debacle aside, merk's weird meta dismissal of somber also seemed strange.