Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I would like to play. I do have private messages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
My favorite soup is stew.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I'll see you all October 1st.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

I'm going to be on vacation next week so probably posting more in the evenings.

But hey, folks are going to say I'm lurking no matter what, so it's all irrelevant.

Already trying to push a narrative, I have my vote loaded scumbo.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I understand that if I do not unvote my vote will not be removed, for I live now within a bubble, a kind of antiquarian's play-place, a garden in time where the trees bear fruit of strange bureaucracy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
pro-tip: if you're scum and someone keeps pushing you, just put them on ignore, you don't need that kind of negative energy in your life.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
honestly I would much prefer mafia if I was locked up in some kind of interrogation room setup where I could be neither seen nor heard but could still scream & holler for enrichment.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Ixtlilton posted:

nah you were being a dick

Just put me back on ignore.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

Pmom said he was vanilla town

good point ##vote toal

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Pinterest Mom posted:

##vote somber picking a fight is scummy

what's your specific rationale though? spell it out for me please.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think this policy vote thing is good fake content, it's easy to argue in the abstract. ##vote merk

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
My last few games are melting together, but I would disagree that Gulagdolls is impossible to read or doesn't offer up content. Sure, Gulagdolls is a character, but it's not like they don't play the game.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

Merk isn't voting Gulag anymore, though.

Yeah, the lotus vote is bad too.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

I have no faith merk is interested in pursuing the lotus lunch with any seriousness. Lotus' post is unusual, but I don't know how you infer alignment from it.

merk posted:

“I want to give the thread nothing about alignment” is not a town position.

merk wants to move away from Gulagdolls after getting a little pushback, so he abstracts lotus' behavior into general anti-town sentiment. It's an easy point anyone could make.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

Town binus actually tries. Scum/3P binus does this “look here are reads, lol” ish that makes sense to no one and isn’t supposed to make sense to anyone.

I don't know about that.

GulagDolls posted:

dude i'm already typing sentences that aren't even english, nice

correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the direct implication of this

was that pmom was scummy-looking

Not to put words in lotus mouth but I think the main confusion happening is that some people equivocate worse with scummy, and others don't.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Idle Amalgam posted:

Without any player meta knowledge. I still think the persons most likely to make stink about, or agree blindly with, a policy vote are those that are most likely be scum.

What sayeth you?

Sounds like a policy regarding policy votes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

CCKeane posted:

##unvote

##vote: Somber

I thought about it and this still sticks out at me. It really feels like Somber came in with a case on merk that he felt was good, and then still went with it when it wasn't applicable anymore.

Merk was pretty clearly trying to get thing started, IMO, and then he moved his focus once there was more content. Sombreros argument doesn't hold.

Why can't merk be scum and also be trying to get things started? Focusing on Lotus when there is more content is part of my point. It seems like the entire Lotus exchange is predicated on miscommunication.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

I think Somb really wants me to be scum, likely due to previous games where we butted heads. I don’t get scummy vibes from the vote and double down with that context.

What game did we butt heads in? I'm not trying to pick a fight, I don't remember and I'm wondering if this is fake. I remember you puppeting me effectively in Big Corcus and I'm already blanking on my previous devasting town loss.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Somberbrero posted:

What game did we butt heads in? I'm not trying to pick a fight, I don't remember and I'm wondering if this is fake. I remember you puppeting me effectively in Big Corcus and I'm already blanking on my previous devasting town loss.

Wait, in that other game I defended you a lot and got called scummy for it. We were both town.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

It was awhile ago. We were both town and you said a snarky thing as you were eliminated on something I was leading. Maybe I read too much into it.

I do recall you posting a mad men meme that got under my skin as you mention it. That was a while ago, it surprises me you'd use it to inform your read here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

merk posted:

I never forget when I upset someone. I try to be better. Behind this ruthless shell is a real human, a dad even.

I can believe that. I want to think you're town here because that is a distressingly genuine sentiment. I need to think on that I guess. ##unvote

I also want to believe toal's case because it's laid out very well, but

GulagDolls posted:

feels like a reach to me. sandwolf asked me all those 'fake content' questions last game, where he was town, and i dont know why town 'wouldn't think like this.' sandwolf's reasoning here feels fine, regardless of whether or not his statement about pmom's frame of reference is accurate.

Yeah, this does scan with my perception of sandwolf's recent play. Maybe that doesn't matter, but I'm relieved that someone else sees it too.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

This is weak content from Lotus, I would agree.

Toalpaz is also pinging me a bit but I feel a little bad about them not getting to play mafia recently so I'll actually give Toal that D1 pass for now

PMom anything pinging you?

Does this read as forced to anyone else? I'm not sure why in particular sand addresses pmom. Sandwolfman has had what I would characterize as antagonistic interactions with Pinterest mother, this feels out of place.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

gay for gacha posted:

This feels like role fishing.

What?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

gay for gacha posted:

That post feels like pmom is looking to fish a role.

No it doesn't.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

lmao, really? it doesn't mean *anything*?

##unvote
##vote PMom

Is there more context to this vote that I'm missing? It's more than a direct response to toal/ia, correct?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Does no one else have any comment on gacha saying pmom was rolefishing? It was strange and I don't know what to make of it from an alignment perspective.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Maerlyn has convinced me to vote Gulag. I find their analysis interesting. I do disagree with the point on Ixt as I largely feel the same re: voting to want to make something happen.

##vote Gulagdolls

I would vote gacha because I find their behavior too far out there. Sometimes someone is wrong and town, a lot of time even. Mostly that, probably. But sometimes, someone is acting weird because they are scrum.

I don't find the lotus case interesting. I get it, but I don't feel it's correct in my gut.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I am not going to boot toalpaz today because that would be lovely. I do think they are being scummy, but that's largely gut. If you asked me to explain my position I couldn't really. I decided that not being able to explain my opinion is bad even though I'm so so tired I went back and read toal's posts. Toal kind of reminds me of my town play as of late. Ultimately toal is scumhunting, even if the approach is not persuasive. I say toal is town.

Sandwolf asking toal if they're scum is wildly pinging my gut but I'm trying to ignore it.

Pinterest Mom's early content felt fake, but in a 'get things going' way. I would vote pin but they would be low on my list.

I'm very tired sorry if this doesn't make sense godbless

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Sandwolf posted:

It’s tilting to me that I got badgered for not answering a question that I barely registered as being asked of me? Sorry you’re annoyed for being accused of whining but I’m annoyed at being told I’m avoiding questions that you did nothing to draw my attention to.

You have done this a lot in games recently and it's frustrating. You're off base.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

George Kansas posted:

i dont like this unvote

merk threw you like half of a bone and that convinces you to drop your read?? how committed were you to this vote to begin with

Why are you challenging my conviction regarding my first vote this game? Why is being undercomitted to a vote scummy in this context?

Yes, merk referenced a past interaction that informed his read. I understood his perspective because it was an interaction I recalled as well. It gave me pause.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

George Kansas posted:

because it's pinging me as fake content? i dont get why you had scummy feelings on merk and then him making a call about you wanting him to be scum and defending his call suddenly made you stop thinking he was scum? it seems like halfway through the exchange you went from thinking merk was scum because of his posting to thinking merk was scum only because he might be lying about a past interaction with you, and then when he wasn't, you stopped thinking he was scum??? it was just a weird thing that really pinged me somb!!!

I notice you never answer why this is scummy.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

George Kansas posted:

you're asking me why faking content that you easily back away from for unclear reasons while shifting your goalposts is scummy?

dont know

That feels like a dishonest interpretation. You think I backed away from the merk vote because... why? merk and I are scum together? I'm just posting to post? Your use of goalposts here is really extraordinary.

Dialogue with other players is how opinions shift. It is important in Mafia. IA already remarked on this interaction. I changed my mind while talking to merk. I find it unlikely that you would find it so unbelievable.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Maybe I'm the one overreacting. I'll try again later tonight.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I read the last four pages again trying to find my feet.

merk posted:

We are going to drag ourselves into a non Lotus elimination because the lotus case was interesting too many real life hours ago. I’m not moving unless I see something more compelling, and I haven’t seen it yet.

I think this is the best point I read.

##unvote
##vote Lotus

The case gets more compelling the longer Lotus goes without posting.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Just to speed things up I'm vt. I'm sick and won't be checking the thread much if at all. Killing me would be a kindness.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
why would anyone target me -_-

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maerlyn posted:

That IA reveal is a nice little twist to my theory, I assumed he didn't have an action.

Am I the only one who felt a little uneasy by Gacha saying they "visited" Gulag as proof Gulag is scum? Vs copped/tracked/watched etc. He could be trying to conceal his role but I'd like further explanation about what his result on Gulag is.

There's an argument to be made that claiming a result is all our nothing, but I'm not especially worried about it. I doubt there's any information we lose if gacha flips.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Maerlyn posted:

You were generating some heat, perhaps with good reason.

Even Hal and IA seemed to lose interest in me pretty quickly yesterday so it seems odd, although I guess to that point neither of them are on the list.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
consider my vote on gulag, not trying to end the day early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I also did not receive any flavor. I don't know how much that means with an Ecco game, but it is interesting.