Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Trackmania is really good and there is a Free Edition to play I've been digging. There is some Royal mode where you puzzle/platform your car to the end of levels and compete vs other teams at the same time.

What else is good out there but not some huge time commitment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I've been playing A Monster's Expedition some

It's one of those puzzle games where the rules look super simple (you knock down trees and push the logs around to make bridges) but there's a lot of interesting tricks to the system that you only realize once you get into it.

It's not too hard and also extremely chill, and you can sit down on a shore at any point and your little monster will just relax while the camera zooms out and pleasant music plays

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

Splitgate is pretty good if you like arena shooters, been enjoying that

also ghost of tsushima when i get the itch for a open world, probably dig into that a little more this weekend

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
The answer is always "more Hades"

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Mini Motorways and Dorf Romantik are my current "chill for a bit" games

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

OpenTTD is still free to play like always, but it's also just available on Steam so you don't have to go through any BS to install and play it.

Sorry for ruining your weekend.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
More Gloomhaven because I can't stop playing this loving game after like 4 years lol

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014

Hector Delgado posted:

The answer is always "more Hades"

This, might try psychonauts 2 as well

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
wildermyth is very good

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Splitgate

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Drewsky posted:

Splitgate is pretty good if you like arena shooters, been enjoying that

also ghost of tsushima when i get the itch for a open world, probably dig into that a little more this weekend

Splitgate is reel good; only thing it's missing is a dedicated server option for sustained shenanigans.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My Time at Portia for the switch just got a huge update patch yesterday. now is the time to play!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Ive started playing STALKER again it is fun

Danzel Glovington
Mar 16, 2006

I'm too old to bury my son!

Got some world record speedruns so far in September, including a shortlived one in that new game 12 minutes. I dunno if I'll try to get that one back the competition is fierce, but I'll be improving the Sierra King's Quest VI record at least.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nooner posted:

Ive started playing STALKER again it is fun

Cheeki breeki

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Rutibex posted:

My Time at Portia for the switch just got a huge update patch yesterday. now is the time to play!

Ooh might get this, love my farm games

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Been playing a bunch of Elder Scrolls Online which is pretty drat good for an MMO

There's this new early access game called Farmer's Life which is like some weird mix of Farming Simulator and My Summer Car and I have been enjoying that even if it is super janky

Want to check out the new No Man's Sky patch

got a ton of other stuff in my backlog I want to get to

video games own

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

wyoak posted:

wildermyth is very good

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

If you're looking for something beautiful and soothing, I'd recommend Find All, Cloud Gardens, and Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery. First is a hidden-object game, second is a landscaping game where you take industrial rubble and cover it with plants, third is a visual novel. All of them are great short games that leave you relaxed and refreshed. Find All is a buck, so what are you waiting for?

Technowrite
Jan 18, 2006

I first battled the Metroids on Planet Zebes.
I can't believe it took me 5 years to get into Stardew Valley, but welp

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Arsenic Lupin posted:

If you're looking for something beautiful and soothing, I'd recommend Find All, Cloud Gardens, and Behind the Frame: The Finest Scenery. First is a hidden-object game, second is a landscaping game where you take industrial rubble and cover it with plants, third is a visual novel. All of them are great short games that leave you relaxed and refreshed. Find All is a buck, so what are you waiting for?

I love cloud gardens so much

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

been replaying the Harebrained Schemes Shadowrun games (all three in order, presently working on Dragonfall), because I live in the past.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
psychonauts 2 turned out real good

really looking forward to 3 coming out in 2037 or so

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Pathfinder - Wrath of the Righteous is really good. I was telling the D&D thread about it this weekend.

Doesnt seem as buggy as the last pathfinder

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I've been playing A Monster's Expedition some

It's one of those puzzle games where the rules look super simple (you knock down trees and push the logs around to make bridges) but there's a lot of interesting tricks to the system that you only realize once you get into it.

It's not too hard and also extremely chill, and you can sit down on a shore at any point and your little monster will just relax while the camera zooms out and pleasant music plays

I bought this last week after seeing this post, and I'm really happy with this game. It's great on my Switch since I can just chill on the couch or whatever. I'll probably try out some of the other Draknek games too.

cosmicnaut
Feb 15, 2015

There was a content update for Dread Templar that came out a few days ago and I've been diving deep into that whenever I get home from work.

Besides that the recent explosion of Quake online games with the remaster has been occupying a lot of time too.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Age of Empires IV technical test is up starting today so I'm downloading it now. Hopefully it's more like II than III.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kazinsal posted:

Age of Empires IV technical test is up starting today so I'm downloading it now. Hopefully it's more like II than III.

It will be like AOEII, but all the Civs you want to play will be DLC content.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
there's never been a better time to download Neverwinter and play a better-than-mediocre D&D-based action MMO

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Chivalry 2: the most violent thing ever made by man.

I hit a guy with a chicken last night right before they took my head clean off with a big ol battle hammer.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Since I got paid today, should I buy Diablo II Remastered, and why or why not?

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

ProfessorMarvel posted:

Since I got paid today, should I buy Diablo II Remastered, and why or why not?

Why: it's good if you like Diablo, they did a great job porting something once thought 'unportable'.

Why Not: it keeps all the original mechanics from years ago which may not be your cup of tea, and the questionable morality of giving Blizzard money.

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Atoramos posted:

Why: it's good if you like Diablo, they did a great job porting something once thought 'unportable'.

Why Not: it keeps all the original mechanics from years ago which may not be your cup of tea, and the questionable morality of giving Blizzard money.

It's mostly giving Blizzard money that I'm struggling with, knowing that I'll be paying directly to the legal defense of sexpests :-/

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Streaming more Deathloop tonight (probably will not finish it, but gearing up to do Alien Isolation/Resident Evil Village and something else for Spooktober), then an IRL video game on Sunday when I visit an escape room.

Pretty wicked weekend planned :)

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I think I'm going to turn the Dreamcast on tonight before bed.

if you're already hearing a VMU sing it's "my batteries are dead" song, you're welcome.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
gonna play FOREWARNED and hunt some ghosts tonight with friends on a friday

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I forgot I pre-ordered that Hotwheels game and it apparently is waiting at my doorstep for me when I get home from work finally. Gona Friday the gently caress out of some hot wheels or vice versa in afew hours

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

ProfessorMarvel posted:

It's mostly giving Blizzard money that I'm struggling with, knowing that I'll be paying directly to the legal defense of sexpests :-/

They settled so you’re good to spend friend

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
Think I'll stay up late today and play minecraft. Oh yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B B
Dec 1, 2005

I am going to be playin' some Battle Brothers tonight. I can't seem to figure out how to make money and I keep killing my bros, but I am having fun.