Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

thought this was "the benzo mmo" at first and :ohdear:

I should've named my New World character Jeff Benzos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stux posted:

i was playing osrs, playing some rs3 now for a change up and i like both. the osrs content thingi is interesting bcos theyre still adding stuff to the game but its done via community voting, and anything that doesnt get a solid majority doesnt make it into the game and is either reworked and resubmitted or dropped.

Community voting for what to add to a game is pretty interesting especially for a game with as much nostalgia and history as OSRS. If you want to keep expanding your retro MMO it makes sense to constantly see what the dedicated players want so you don't alienate the people you're making the game for.

I never actually played Runescape--I was too into other old MMOs like Nexus: Kingdom of the Winds--but maybe I'll give it a try sometime. I do like when number goes up...

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Harrow posted:

well if you die and have to wait a week to respawn you could make jeff benzos

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm back.

From shopping.

Got a bunch of food stuffs and cat stuff.

Also picked up cheddar broccoli soup in a bread bowl from panera, gently caress yeah

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I see your Panera and raise you homemade curry.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm subbed to ffxiv but all my numbers are already at the max

so i'm having a nice time in new world cause number go up and i get shiny rocks

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

thanks to MMOchat for reminding me to turn off FFXIV before I got charged for a second consecutive month of not playing

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I've been having a really good time in Guild Wars 2 lately, finally got my cool dragon mount and it rules :toot:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Harrow posted:

Community voting for what to add to a game is pretty interesting especially for a game with as much nostalgia and history as OSRS. If you want to keep expanding your retro MMO it makes sense to constantly see what the dedicated players want so you don't alienate the people you're making the game for.

I never actually played Runescape--I was too into other old MMOs like Nexus: Kingdom of the Winds--but maybe I'll give it a try sometime. I do like when number goes up...

lol i actually didnt either. i did the tutorial on whatever version was around when i was at school? thats all i remember. entirely got into it the last couple of years because i love number up

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oh the other important part of runescape, is insanely low drop rate rare loot

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The best mmo memories were me grinding hours and hours and hours and hours in maple story, teleporting up and down the inside of a tree and waiting for horny mushrooms to spawn, all while praying that one of them would drop a loving pan lid because it was the only shield mages had access to at the time and a good pan lid could net you a tidy profit or at least some extra defense.

Then skipping ahead to the next island where I was doing more or less the same thing but with tiny little lion creatures and no hope of getting anything good off of them beyond the exp, only for a hacker to show up and vacuum all of the enemies into them and using hacks to kill them all and then asking me to change to another channel so that they can keep hacking on their own.

Maple story loving sucked

e: especially the bits where the game lags and when it comes back from lagging you find out you died and have lost several several hours worth of level grinding

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

*mmemmories

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
Y'all, stealing a MULE's truck and getting roads up and finding a cruisin route for getting those star patches is good gamin

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Harrow posted:

You probably can’t; they had some impersonation issues in the beta so that poo poo’s locked down tight

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Annnnnd the entire ceiling of one of our rooms is leaking heavily to the point of potentially flooding our apartment

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
and there's the second room started

Landlord thinks a water pipe might have burst from upstairs

It's like it's raining in the one room we've closed off by now and just

oh god

KCB is already talking to the landlord and they're thinking the tenant upstairs may have left something on upstairs and

loving christ please can I just be cut a break with housing for once, I swear if this continues and ends up destroying all of our poo poo I legit don't know what I'm going to do.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

ethanol posted:

just play a good game like valheim

is it fun tho

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
POV: firstaidkite is liveposting as his new apartment he barely got moved into has started flooding

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Dang, that sucks. I hope you can at least get your stuff out. Many states require the landlord to provide you a livable space and they'll be obligated to get you a hotel room or something, though I can't speak to your specific state.

The one time a pipe burst in my building (thankfully not in my apartment), it took them a full week to fully finish repairing it, hope it's better in your case

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

remember Nexus War and Urban Dead? those mmo's were more my speed.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Harrow posted:

The people who seem happiest are the crafters and gatherers who just like to click on a rock and see number go up.

Mix. posted:

Has anyone told them about a different MMO with a robust crafting and gathering system that lets number go up but has a very expansive free trial up to level 60 and
You mean A Tale In The Desert ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw2FlfMkWWQ

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
upstairs neighbor's daughter flushed a toilet and the toilet tank decided it was just gonna continuously fill up and never stop and now everything sucks and the daughter was notified so she's heading back home to fix her toilet and the water is being cut off in the meantime and why the hell is this poo poo continuing to happen, i just want to take a goddamned break

just gotta do my own jerma house livestream because at this point maybe I'd be in better conditions

the only things in that room atm were a kitchen island and a table and a litter box and the cats are fine and it's being taken care of and the landlord is gonna fix it but just

ugh

mood rn:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Glad to hear the whole thing is merely aggravating instead of life- or property-threatening. You've had it rough enough

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

goonspeed brother

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Y'all, stealing a MULE's truck and getting roads up and finding a cruisin route for getting those star patches is good gamin

It rules!!!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

It owns a lot but somehow the auto-pavers never have an even amount of materials so I have to just throw away anywhere between 1 and 39 precious precious ceramics :argh:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Simone Magus posted:

thought this was "the benzo mmo" at first and :ohdear:

That's just real life

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

New thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3980812

Lazy op.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

We die with honor :patriot:

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

edit: nm, move to the new thread

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you didn't know what Carthage is I have good news: there is an absolute wealth of extremely cool ancient history for you to learn. I envy you your chance to read about the fall of the roman republic for the first time

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

no its a trick. play video games instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
multi thread chattin