Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Did they ever release a patch that made Cyberpunk more stable (since from what I hear, every version is kind of a mess in some way or another)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Help Im Alive posted:

I think the Uncharted games have your clothes slowly dry after you get out of water

Yeah Uncharted's water has always been top tier

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Larryb posted:

Did they ever release a patch that made Cyberpunk more stable (since from what I hear, every version is kind of a mess in some way or another)?

There’s been a steady set of stability updates. I think they’re relisted on the Sony store now? So that’s good. I’d say the current definitive console version is the Xbox One on the Series X. Seems like it’s had the least problems and the hardware handles it well.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

watching a guy stream 1.31 on base ps4. seems to look and run just fine so far but he's been indoors the whole time. i'm hoping, probably foolishly, that it's good outdoors now too

update: still seems kind of bad. he drove past a giant black rectangular prism that slowly resolved into a guardrail. he's using the stock hdd though so maybe it would be better with an ssd?

Weedle fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Sep 14, 2021

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I am playing the Final Fantasy IV pixel remaster on my iPad and I am so pleased with it. The bad font is less bad in practice than it seems in the screenshots and I was pleasantly surprised to learn there is a tap to move navigation option, freeing me from the onscreen virtual joystick. It actually works really well as a touchscreen game.

I haven’t played through this story since I was a kid with a rented SNES so I forget all the twists and turns. I wonder how well I’ll be able to figure out the fine points of the game mechanics. I basically had no idea about the mechanics aside from “bigger number is good” when I was young.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

There’s been a steady set of stability updates. I think they’re relisted on the Sony store now? So that’s good. I’d say the current definitive console version is the Xbox One on the Series X. Seems like it’s had the least problems and the hardware handles it well.

Good to know, is the game itself any good though?

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I was late to the stan draft but Astral Chain didn’t get picked up so here I am to pick it up

One early build of Spider-Man apparently had more impressive puddles than the final release. Gamers got upset. So, the photo mode on Remastered has puddle stickers you can put on your photos

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Larryb posted:

Good to know, is the game itself any good though?

For a moment I thought you were asking about FFIV.

Cyberpunk is a good game that fell short of its great promise. I really liked playing it and made it all the way to the point of no return before putting it down to wait for updates, DLC etc. These days I have a hard time sticking with games, so I guess that's saying something.

There's a lot of janky stuff and a lot of systems that don't really integrate well. Different people will be differently annoyed by that but I really enjoyed the overall freeform open city Deus-Ex vibe of being able to finish missions in a variety of ways. Often the side missions and little areas are mini snacks of Deus Ex gameplay and I quite liked those.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

wuggles posted:

I was late to the stan draft but Astral Chain didn’t get picked up so here I am to pick it up

One early build of Spider-Man apparently had more impressive puddles than the final release. Gamers got upset. So, the photo mode on Remastered has puddle stickers you can put on your photos

It's less that the puddles were more impressive and just that they were bigger in one specific area, and the decision to change them was purely aesthetic.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

doingitwrong posted:

I am playing the Final Fantasy IV pixel remaster on my iPad and I am so pleased with it. The bad font is less bad in practice than it seems in the screenshots

Some of the reactions over the font were amusing

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

It's less that the puddles were more impressive and just that they were bigger in one specific area, and the decision to change them was purely aesthetic.

Sure. I didn’t remember the exact details of the kerfuffle

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

wuggles posted:

you've got to give it to the police

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

everytime someone says about the cops as if its a slam on astral chain, only makes it clear they didnt play it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'll stan Sakura Wars.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

will anyone stran for Death Stranding, or stein for Steins;Gate

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Larryb posted:

Yeah, Cyberpunk is a much more stable game now, optimization and reliability have improved significantly across the board on all platforms that it is on. Now it's really just missing content, the main storyline is very short, and the next-gen consoles still do not have their next-gen updates.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All your stan choices have been recorded. Please note that you will be judged for your decisions.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Waffleman_ posted:

I'll stan Sakura Wars.

I played the first mission, seemed all right

I was not a fan of the premise being they put on theatrical productions? without a director? or tech crew?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Hwurmp posted:

will anyone stran for Death Stranding, or stein for Steins;Gate

https://twitter.com/WritNelson/status/1437432197498167298

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Force Unleashed:

Aww Proxy, why you gotta do me like that? :(

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

rip norm mcdonald, remember when he had a sitcom

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Finally managed to beat the Challenge in The Witness. I was feeling like a badass.

Then I learned about Norm McDonald :( RIP

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Stux posted:

everytime someone says about the cops as if its a slam on astral chain, only makes it clear they didnt play it

You make that sound like some kind of own (???)

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i forgot i still need to go back and finish astral chain. i last played it like 2 years ago whoops lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

rip norm mcdonald, remember when he had a sitcom

Oh drat

Time to go watch some of my fave norm bits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAzRb_lErFw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SSVIg4Noqc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCSCJtuyfUY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F6dXcW-_Fc

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm playing Dishonored 2's dlc and they really raised the difficulty in Death of the Outsider huh? Every enemy can one or two-shot me at the start and Billie is barely capable of blocking compared to Corvo it feels like. It wouldn't be a problem but the enemies in the first area stay activated if they hear you move in the "hostile" part of the map (I took a footstep, stepped on glass, and everyone around the objective two hundred meters away knew lmao)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dang that's rough, hope he got to laugh about 9/11 one last time.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJN9mBRX3uo

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

that's right

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I don't remember there being a squad of guards every five feet in Dishonored 2, ran past one and died to twelve guys

Maybe I'll come back to DotO when I'm more in the mood

Stux posted:

It's true I didn't

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Sep 14, 2021

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Blizzard just keeps racking up the hits

https://twitter.com/lorenzofb/status/1437854139787120642

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

doingitwrong posted:

I am playing the Final Fantasy IV pixel remaster on my iPad and I am so pleased with it. The bad font is less bad in practice than it seems in the screenshots and I was pleasantly surprised to learn there is a tap to move navigation option, freeing me from the onscreen virtual joystick. It actually works really well as a touchscreen game.

I haven’t played through this story since I was a kid with a rented SNES so I forget all the twists and turns. I wonder how well I’ll be able to figure out the fine points of the game mechanics. I basically had no idea about the mechanics aside from “bigger number is good” when I was young.

I play through this game every few years and it doesn't get much deeper than that. The GBA and DS versions had extra features added and I'm not sure what that version has but bigger number = better will get you through the whole game. Just sit back and enjoy the story because it's really good for an early SNES game.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also if we're still calling games can I have the Genesis Shining Force games? Those are fun.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh yeah I forgot to claim my game to stan for.

You can always, always count on me to praise (and defend) SaGa Frontier at every opportunity.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Walla posted:

Also if we're still calling games can I have the Genesis Shining Force games? Those are fun.

It's actually a Sega Saturn game, but Shining the Holy Ark is my favorite of the Shining Force series.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

huh? what?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I said come in! posted:

It's actually a Sega Saturn game, but Shining the Holy Ark is my favorite of the Shining Force series.

That one's an action game right? My tablet stutters with SF3 for the Saturn so I doubt I could play it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i pick chulip

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
you'll never guess what I stan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe