Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

The Transporter is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Earthbound is one of the games I finished this year, it was my first time playing the game and I loved it to death. I feel like it's a perfect RPG and still holds up decades later. I still think about the game a lot, and want to play through it again.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Infinitum posted:

insanely wrong

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
To me movies such as Dredd and Fury Road are literally perfect and I can watch them on repeat forever, they're masterful expressions of film. Crank/The Transporter are entertaining action movies and I'd watch them if they were on TV but I wouldn't go out of my way to seek them out to watch. My favorite Statham movie is Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Crank (the movie) is gross

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
My memories of Crank: "THEY GAVE YOU THE BEIJING COCKTAIL"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

To me movies such as Dredd and Fury Road are literally perfect and I can watch them on repeat forever, they're masterful expressions of film. Crank/The Transporter are entertaining action movies and I'd watch them if they were on TV but I wouldn't go out of my way to seek them out to watch. My favorite Statham movie is Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels.

:yeah:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

insanely wrong

Crank is 'wacky' action, Transporter is more solid.

Neither are as good as Fury Road or Dredd.
Not even in the same category for quality.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Raid: Redemption, Dredd, Fury Road

Sit back, relax, and enjoy some fine goddang action glory.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Crank is one long action scene and I love it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

crank whips

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Crank is pretty good and it's even better if you're drunk and you're with friends who are also drunk. I saw mad max in the theaters 2 or 3 times, it's one of the best movies I've ever seen (not as good as The Thing 1982, though). Dredd is also great and was filmed in my home town: Cape Town.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

iirc there’s a scene where Jason S has sex with his gf in public and at first she says “get off me” but ofc she gets into and it’s treated as a superb triumph

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I am hella broke and have some older games/hardware I am planning on selling but aside from googling and looking at ebay auctions is there a good way to figure out potential value?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I am hella broke and have some older games/hardware I am planning on selling but aside from googling and looking at ebay auctions is there a good way to figure out potential value?

try to look at as many different market places as you can find, and follow your heart

also avoid grading companies

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I only crank when it comes to handheld consoles

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PugcxQYJGjs

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Looper posted:

try to look at as many different market places as you can find, and follow your heart

also avoid grading companies

cool cool, thanks.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Earthbound is one of the games I finished this year, it was my first time playing the game and I loved it to death. I feel like it's a perfect RPG and still holds up decades later. I still think about the game a lot, and want to play through it again.

Like I said, it just didn't catch my interest. But I've been having that issue a lot lately so maybe it's just RPGs can't hold my interest anymore. I dunno.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Speaking of Gun Fu, more movies should have gun kata

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

How many Sean Beans must die to sate your bloodlust?

https://i.imgur.com/IgmeydH.mp4

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

As many as it takes for his name to rhyme like it should.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hollywood can't even make a good action scene and you want them to try and bring gun kata back

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

Hollywood can't even make a good action scene and you want them to try and bring gun kata back

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
What other movies are good... The Thing is good. John Carpenter's remake, obviously, not the original. Well, the original might be good too, I've never seen it, but it probably wasn't as good or I'd hear more people talking about it. I think they remade it again at some point and it was... not good? I don't know.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I expect to get mocked, but The Hitman's Bodyguard is a decent take on the buddy comedy action hero genre and it has decent car chases. But I like any movie that stars Samuel L. Jackson as himself.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

GlyphGryph posted:

What other movies are good... The Thing is good. John Carpenter's remake, obviously, not the original. Well, the original might be good too, I've never seen it, but it probably wasn't as good or I'd hear more people talking about it. I think they remade it again at some point and it was... not good? I don't know.

The second remake famously filmed scenes with good physical effects, then edited over them with really bad CG that didn't fit in the scenes.

The Carpenter one is a masterclass in physical effects.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Infinitum posted:

Also on the subject of Action Films. I need to do a John Woo rewatch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZpJtRuljBM

Tequila is so good. Woo rules.

I think my favorite is The Killer.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
The hitmans bodyguard was pretty good but it still sometimes suffered from the same hollywood editing for the fight scenes that most modern action movies surge from, where the editing is really bad at tracking the action and the cuts so constant its hard to follow whats even happening.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
ya know what movie is incredible but i think gets overlooked a lot? The original Conan the Barbarian.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress yeah that movie loving rocks

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Check the commentary for Arnie and the director realizing a dudes loving a goat in the back of a scene

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GlyphGryph posted:

What other movies are good...

Body Horror - The Thing
Sci-fi Horror - Alien
Action Horror - Aliens
Action Comedy - Big Trouble in Little China
Gun-fu - Hard Boiled
Bank robberies - Heat
WW1 - Lawrence of Arabia
WW2 - Saving Private Ryan
Futurism - The Fifth Element
Christmas - Die Hard
Ghosts - Ghostbusters
Time loops - Edge of Tomorrow
Superhero - The Dark Knight
Animated Superhero - Into the Spider-verse
Anime - Akira
Kung-fu - Drunken Master 2
Wuxia - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Fantasy - Lord of the Rings trilogy
Kaiju - Shin Godzilla

I will not be accepting questions at this time.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My 2 favourite movies of all time are Lawrence of Arabia and The Transformers The Movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4c-M4MP0GE

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i haven't actually seen Dredd

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can hear the drat high school football game from across the street gently caress these friday night lights man

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

clear eyes, full hearts, high volume

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kerrzhe posted:

i haven't actually seen Dredd
good news, amelia watson is going to watch it soon, so you can watch it with an anime girl

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

homeless snail posted:

good news, amelia watson is going to watch it soon, so you can watch it with an anime girl

You shouldn't, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the thing owns