Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Booky posted:

i have a hot question for u all:

is september summer or fall?

thhere is not a strict deliniation between seasons that can be summed up by months or days. each season change is noticed in retrospect when a consistent series of days has appeared with weather that marks the turning of the season. peace be withy ou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

Solstices and equinoxes block your path

i dont believe in astrology

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Mix. posted:

i cant believe you'd post this and not share the loving intro theme, composed by the same guy who made that one pictionary NES track that people went apeshit for:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_gObHt1uZA

lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

tokyo jungle

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ps fail

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

pegi is an industry thing so i assume its some attempt to look like theyre doing something to dissuade any actua llegislation

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

None they’re all bad

nah

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Following the publication of this piece PEGI has clarified that older games with simulated gambling elements will retain their age rating if re-released, provided that the game is not upgraded, modernised, re-interpreted or altered in any other way that would lead it to be interpreted as a new game. This means games that were historically rated as PEGI 12 will maintain that rating if it is put on the market again in the same form.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

monster rancher ftw

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

I am someone who tbh doesn't like/know much about Horror but I've always pictured the entire genre as only having two things to make people scared of: Death, and Madness.

No matter what horror movie you can think of, whatever you're supposed to be scared of can be boiled down to either death (incl. severe bodily injury) or madness. There's nothing that a monster in a horror movie can ever threaten to do to you other than hurt you or drive you insane. And sure those are both scary things but after seeing 3 or 4 horror movies then every additional one was just like "Yep, more of the same, cool."

And then if you watch them under the frame of mind of "What makes this monster chasing this person any scarier than, I don't know, a cop shooting at them, when they would both have the same outcome?" and the answer is nothing.

what

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

first ever sighting of "strawgenre"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Macaluso posted:

Death Stranding was incredible and everyone who didn't like it is wrong

yep

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

kojima is epic

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i liked the game and the story and characters

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

walking alongn in death stranding and a song comes on perfectly timed for a rbeathing taking vista and you simply stand and watch. thahts why kojimas the best.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Khanstant posted:

I don't think even motion/face capture is yet to the point where actual acting skill appreciably matters, Death Stranding is closest and the tech still isn't there and if the actors were doing acting with their faces, it did not translate very well or in some cases makes moments confusing from weird face movement/lack-of.

die hardman final cutscene disagrees strongly.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Khanstant posted:

Stephen Merchant was good, i should finish portal 2 sometimes or is it not worth doing los lonely boys style

havent gotten there yet thanks for the spoiler guess he doesnt die before the end of the game

every character in every game has a final cutscene, what i said doesnt tell u anything

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Looper posted:

photorealism, motion capture, and facial capture are all bad and fail

Wrong.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

source youre quotes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i simply use my two montiors to do both at the same time

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Walla posted:

Death Stranding sucks.

wrong

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its probably good then

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i focus mid screen and move the ship in my periphery

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

raditts posted:

The current chip shortage notwithstanding, this notion is about as dated as the claim that on PC you have to play every game with a mouse and keyboard, which somehow stuck around for like a decade after PC controllers were on parity with their console equivalents, and even a few years after Xbox controllers were natively supported on Windows

A top of the line video card is gonna have you set through at least the next 1-2 console generations and you can probably get that far with much less if you don't absolutely have to play every game in 12k with 300 fps

gpus currently cost twice or more oftheir rrp because of the chip shortages

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i could sell my 1660ti used for more than a 3060ti is meant to retail for lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah and thats a completely insane thing to say bcos the shortage has been going on for over a year and is going to continue well into 2022 if not all of 2022 lol its completely reasonable someone would look at this and make the decision that a console purchase is a much better idea currently and for the foreseeable future. no idea why you would try and argue otheriwse.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im probably going to

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Thannkk you for showing it to me. ill treasure this moment

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

VideoGames posted:

Before I have been going to sleep, I have spent a little bit of time playing my switch in bed and this has led me to finally getting properly involved in a 3D mario game. The game in question is Mario Odyssey and the only reason I am jamming with it more than before is the wonderful cappy.

My depth perception suffers greatly in 3D jumping games. I can never quite judge jumping on enemy heads in 3D. Being able to chuck a cap at enemies instead means I can enjoy it a ton more :)

And oh goodness is it a delight. I am in New Donk City right now and I just got to experience the festival boss which has been the highlight so far :D

Probably the best or one of the best music tracks in any mario game. I think my top three mario musics are:

1. SMB2 main world
2. Jump up Super Star
3. Super Mario World Athletic

Just brilliance :D I picked the snow world as my next port of call because water worlds are so difficult with floaty physics and I love slip slidy levels more.

enjoy, mario odyssey ftw

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Hades being at the bottom doesn't mean it's bad hth

however it is bad

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

understandable gaming babies would like the easyy game :D

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Hades is probably the best roguelike there is

absolutely not

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Ranking VG's list

Binding of Isaac
Dead Cells
Noita
Spelunky
FTL
Hades
Risk of Rain
Rogue Legacy
Nuclear Throne

putting nuke throne at the bottom is an obvious troll

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

slay the spire
risk of rain 2
nuclear throne
risk of rain 1
spelunky 1
ftl
neo scavenger
rogue legacy
loop hero
world of horror
downwell
gungeon
darkest dungeon
void b*stards
for the warp
titan souls
stalker anomaly azazel mode
dead cells
one step from eden
neon abyss
binding of isaac

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oddium posted:

stux has never beat hades. not like he didn't beat it 10 times for the ending, he couldn't beat one run

also havntn beat neopets console game, various edutainment games, generally havnt beaten most games made for babies. you have though youre saying??

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I didn't like it op

understandable the boi player would be intimidated by a game of skill

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

making the boi fans loop nt and ror2 and watching them scream in pain while rubbing my hands togehter

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I played a fair bit of ROR2 and it's fine. Seemed pretty shallow and was less compelling than regular rear end ROR.

its better than ror1 in everyway

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

now loop monsoon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

mcdonalds treasure? Whyiof course its special sauce for big mac hamburger. what is it made of