Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

bloodborne pc when

or do i have to finally buy a ps#

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Barudak posted:

You can stream it on PsNow, no playstation required

while i can see this hypothetically, i can't imagine streaming a twitchy From game : /

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Holy poo poo apparently that person has talked about this very scene, on reddit. His dog liked being thrown into the water and would swim back out and motion for it again.

They literally put this into the background of the movie just because. This is why cinema is art and video games are not.

if that's the kind of art you like may i recommend Untitled Goose Game

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

AM2R has finally taught me what countless RPGs, From games, and Bethesda games never could: use your loving consumables.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

all consumables should be based on cooldowns or uses per encounter

as long as i can unload my super missiles in imsane salvos

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

When you get right down to it, “eggplant” is a funny but unappetizing name for a purple vegetable

p.s. Wikipedia says it’s a fruit

It makes a lot more sense when you see the white version

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

speed racer was extremely good. live-action mario kart / f-zero ftw

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

I'm continuing my Metroid Dread prep - either gonna play Super Metroid, or skip it because i've played it before and instead sink into Metroid Fusion.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I am NEVER beating this heavy spear miniboss dude in sekiro. I believe it’s impossible

just gotta keep the pressure on

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Sekiro is anti-Souls. It is also anti-fun. And anti-replayable.

ban this filth

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

RIP the catte, that sucks my dude. We had to put our dog down earlier this year. It's a hard call to make but if you're thinking about it then it probably is the right thing for them at this point. Eventually you'll be able to invite another, different but still wonderful furry idiot into your zone.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

I will stan the game from my avatar AND the game from my username, and most other Big Robot type games

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

more delays this week NEXT week

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

i'm going to eat a waffle today in your honor

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

landlords are such a boring, overdone stereotype. when are we gonna start seeing somse sealords, or windlords or something? loving lazy rear end devs

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

please somebody tell me there's an LP of Prey called Let's Prey

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Stux posted:

nowo THIS is an rpg

what game is this??? googling any given set of words visible in the screenshot returned absolutely nothing. eerie af tbqf

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

happy friday games thread. what you got queued up for the weekend? i'm gonna finally beat Bad North on Very Hard

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

i was reading a new translation of the odyssey, which was extremely bad, so now i am instead reading the animorphs. it's extremely satisfying to chunk through a book in an hour, if i was keeping track of this on goodreads my score would be astronomical

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Godzilla v Kong was great, and also the only good modern Godzilla movie.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

homeless snail posted:

i'm over games that control bad, as a joke. i made it about 2 levels in i am fish before i decided id be doing literally anything else

this was me, in stardew valley, trying to fish. maybe it's something about fish?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Get hosed, vikings!

I think I am going to make an effortpost in the Favorite Games thread about Bad North. It's a really excellent, tightly-designed game that serves as a great entry point to real-time strategy / tactics games for total newbies, but also ratchets up the challenge enough to be interesting to veterans. It's also got such a charming visual style and surprisingly subtle animation choices. If you haven't tried it, it's great, and it's also on both PC and mobile (and I think Switch?)

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

wuggles posted:

I played it a little on Switch, it was cool. Unfortunately for it, Into The Breach dropped like right after

Yeah, it's pretty much the real-time-with-pause, viking-themed counterpart to ITB's turn-based kaiju-themed goodness. There's less pressure to make each move perfectly than ITB, but you also do actually have finite time and sometimes need to time something perfectly, which ramps the challenge up a bit. If you've got it, it's worth going back to!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Here are some games I own but have played for 0 hours according to Steam. Maybe I'll play some of them in 2021!

Duskers
Deus Ex
BioShock 2
Oxygen Not Included
Devil May Cry Collection
Outer Wilds
Among Us
Roombo: First Blood
Seen
Star Wars Squadrons
Superhot
Helltaker
Subnautica

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Walla posted:

It's good

i liked using my joystick to slash. reminded me of Mount and Blade.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Hwurmp posted:

nobody ever asks "how's Ray Tracing" :smith:

he's using transluscent paper, OP

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

yeah for me Hades felt insanely good as i was playing it, but then i reached a point where i was like... yep, this is over now, i'm never touching it again. it WAS great but the GOTY bas to be a game i'll still be playing for years to come. like Skyrim

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

homeless snail posted:

how did kirby cause the apocalypse

he's actually just replacing Aloy in Forbidden West

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Simone Magus posted:

Baba is GOAT

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

fun fact, that's where the author of the Canterbury Tales got his name: B(urying the) Lede. nobody knows where "Venerable" came from tho

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Mode 7 posted:

I will not stand for this Shin Godzilla erasure.

thank you for posting this. i am watching this right now and it is loving sick!

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

speed racer is loving sick. it's Pee Wee Herman's Big Mario Kart

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Sable, my dudes. What a loving chill, gorgeous game.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Namaste, simper games

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

if i had anything resembling a hot take its that complaints about how long games are are usually about the game being poorly paced or it not being enjoyable in the first place

that was my Dragonquest experience. folks were complaining that it was like a 70 hour game, and i was like, how are you making it more than 4 hours through this bland sludge?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Octobchat Traveler

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Walla posted:

Also everyone knows Seattle and Portland both suck. I say this as a native of the East Coast who's never been further west than Oklahoma. It is known.

Also quote is not edit. gently caress!

what brought you to Oklahoma?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Well I've just about 100%ed Sable - all I've got to do now is collect the final batch of korok seeds Chum eggs and complete the main mission.

It's a pretty short game, maybe 15 or 20 hours, but beautiful, tells a different type of story, and notably has zero combat at all. You're a girl going through a coming of age ritual that largely involves exploring, meeting people, and deciding what professional "mask" you will wear for the rest of your life, pretty good allegories for the college experience in a sci fi explorer kind of way. It reminds me of a few other games: Hyper Light Drifter in the sound track, more so in some areas than others; Manifold Garden in the art style with all these hard lines, pastel colors, and an emphasis on geometric patterns; and No Man's Sky in the world design, which is not a compliment - there are a lot of well-designed areas, but everything between them feels like blank, randomly-generated filler, not quite as bad as Skyward Sword's sky zone but with a lot of beckoning hills with nothing on them.

I had a great time climbing around this gorgeous world, solving puzzles, meeting charming characters, and zooming around on my sick bike. It does have a healthy share of indie jank, especially in the UI, but I'm assuming that will be easy enough to patch. While I have some minor complaints, really I just wish there was more of it.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

the actual bracket is hilarious in a "which gamer joker are you?" way

i'm "what is Rise of the Tomb Raider and how did it beat out Half Life 2" joker

e: also RIP Shadow of the Colossus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

oddium posted:

i filled out the best game ever bracket but i knew the winner from the start so i worked backwards. and also i couldn't be bothered to actually do it so i just put games i like on it. :)

not definitive

FTL was robbed