Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice, and the Sonic Colors remake drops on Tuesday so next week should be a good week for games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The Week of Colors...

Yes, ironic isn’t it

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Correction on my previous post: If you preordered Colors Ultimate then the game is available to play right now

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Procrastine posted:

What's the other one?

Life is Strange: True Colors which comes out Thursday

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

life is strange 3 out on friday the september colours duology is not a real thing please forgive me

Not anymore, they bumped the release date up to the 9th (in the US anyway, it might be different elsewhere)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Stux posted:

the first one is very good

the otehrs..................

….vary from person to person. Some enjoyed them, some didn’t. In this case it’s best to just play for yourself and form your own opinion.

Walla posted:

That sounds like something my son and I would enjoy. Thanks!

It’s an M rated game just FYI, but if you’re ok with exposing your son to excessive swearing and some heavy themes then go nuts.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Sep 7, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Walla posted:

It would depend on the themes and images I guess. He did like AI: The Somnium Files well enough.

Further research is needed I think.

Off the top of my head it deals with depression, suicide, drug use, physical abuse, and possibly more I’m forgetting

But yeah, if he was ok with AI then Life is Strange should be no problem for him.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Can you ignore all that and use your power for petty gain

Somewhat, yeah

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

How petty are we talking here

Not really anything too significant as you’re still railroaded by the plot but you can use your powers to affect your relationships with others, make certain later events easier to deal with, and in some cases you can even get a few characters permanently killed.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Oh right, forgot that this one isn't episodic. Alright, that's even more reassuring that people have played it completely!

Technically it still is (the game is divided into 5 chapters plus a bonus prequel episode that comes out on the 30th) but everything’s just being released all at once this time.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

redreader posted:

Bought the new Life Is Strange last night and will play it this weekend. Most of the previous ones were really good so I haven't learned my 'don't buy it before you know what it's about' lesson that I should have learned from the last one and will just play it, but from what I heard it's good!

It’s good and reviews so far have been almost overwhelmingly positive, I say give it a shot.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PunkBoy posted:

Oh drat you already finished it! Is it a short game, or did you just power through everything?

It’s 5 chapters but a lot of them are fairly short, still good though

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Just FYI, Colors Ultimate is literally the same as the Wii version only with infinite lives and a couple minor gameplay additions

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looper posted:

i just wanna finish with something that isn't a collection of sports minigames :v:

Fair enough

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Did they ever release a patch that made Cyberpunk more stable (since from what I hear, every version is kind of a mess in some way or another)?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

doingitwrong posted:

There’s been a steady set of stability updates. I think they’re relisted on the Sony store now? So that’s good. I’d say the current definitive console version is the Xbox One on the Series X. Seems like it’s had the least problems and the hardware handles it well.

Good to know, is the game itself any good though?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

From what I understand it seems to just be the PC/Mac version though, but if so I imagine it’ll hit consoles not long afterwards.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Khanstant posted:

...is that the rest of the game or are there more to come?!

Some of Toby’s notes mention “Chapter 3+” so maybe they’ve decided to make this an episodic release.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

I can't wait to get into Deltarune chapter 2. Probably not gonna last me the whole weekend, but I'm definitely playing through it before I go back to another game.

It’s only the PC/Mac versions that are releasing today correct?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Sep 17, 2021

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, well hopefully the console version won’t be too far behind this time.

In other news, the TWEWY anime is getting a dub (though apparently only one of the game actors is actually returning for it):

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-09-16/funimation-announces-the-world-ends-with-you-anime-english-dub-cast/.177434

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looper posted:

okay now release it separately on a console i have

If you’ve got a PS4 I believe you can download it off the store (it was also part of the Sonic Gems Collection for GameCube and PS2).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Looper posted:

ps now only, and the gems version doesn't have honey

Ah, well unless you’re willing to pay money for a PSNow subscription you’re out of luck then (unless it’s also out on Xbox and you own one of those) sorry

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Mandalorian is good :jiggled:

As are a lot of the CG cartoons in my opinion

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Come to think of it, I believe the only time Mario has ever been voiced by an actual Italian was Lou Albano in the cartoons.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nice, after all these years Kirby is finally making the jump to 3D in a mainline game (unless you want to count Blowout Blast for the 3DS).

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I’m hoping the Mario movie is at least entertainingly dumb like the live action one was (also apparently DK and Cranky are in this as well).

Charles Martinet is also in the cast list but as far as I’m aware we have no idea who he’s playing (since the Mario Bros. themselves have already been recast for this)

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

hatty posted:

I don’t think Donkey Kong has ever talked? I guess he said Banana and Okay in 64 but that game is cursed

He spoke a few times in the Donkey Kong Country games but only via text (he has some lines in the Donkey Kong Land manual as well). He also talked in the terrible DKC cartoon back in the 90’s.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The English cast has been revealed for SMT 5:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=RBjMUHl_Qyo

Incidentally, I’m only really that familiar with the Persona series. Are the SMT games decent as well?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

still think god of war 2018 is decent though

Haven’t really been keeping up, do we have a release date for the sequel to that yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Do the SMT games have any connection to one another aside from the reoccurring demons or is it a different story each time that has nothing to do with its predecessor?