Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Infinitum posted:

I appreciates the thread pun.

idgi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That’s not a pun

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Summer until fall happens around the 22nd

Apparently there are places in the world where it turns into spring instead...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Video games... the devil's utensils

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Like I'm a huge Marvel fan, but I don't want to be having a slumber party with Blade talking about which vampires we hate the most.

...really?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Infinitum posted:

No yes OK, I want to have a slumber party with Blade and talk about which vampires he hates the most.

:hai:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I started watching John wick 3 last night, and it struck me how relatively non-mean-spirited it is, afaik no innocent bystanders ever get hurt in these films. And I like that. I watched Dredd last week and while that movie is also fun, there’s a disturbing amount of randos getting shredded by bullets (why are they even outside of their apartments)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Very tame

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Three houses has two houses too many

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I haven’t played the dlc but my understanding is that it’s a house that lives in the sewers

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I have enough games already,stop making new ones / re-releasing old ones !! Ahhhhh

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Plus he’s a gamer

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ll think you find, man is the real monster/alien

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Theorycrafters should stick to “Ending EXPLAINED” YouTube videos, and away from me

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Meet cute scenes in romantic comedies are extremely scary to me...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kojima is bad at making good games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kojima predicted the 2021 Afghanistan withdrawal: an essay

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kojima predicted the use of nanomachines that passively deflect bullets and allow mystical ninja techniques such as pinning an opponent's shadow to the ground with a throwing knife

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ash Lake did it first

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

fiVe

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

My buddy who sent me this long rear end text about how Kubrick was killed for making Eyes Wide shut, has never actually seen it apparently. How you can hold such strong positions on media you've never actually seen is baffling to me

How would seeing it affect his (very reasonable and not-at-all funny) position?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I guess there is that scene at the end, where Kubrick walks in front of the camera and is shot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Just got my second vax so gonna celebrate by going home and marathoning the end of yakuza 6

:yeah:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What about getting actors to reprise their roles for the video game adaptation?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You're a cutscene. Me? I'm a cinematic

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Oh yeah ray liotta does good as Tommy vercetti

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Movies rock. I watched one just last night (My Cousin Vinny)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hey why can 2d Mario stay underwater indefinitely while 3d Mario gets an oxygen meter?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

We call that Levelling Up...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You don't always need the game to tell you that you've gotten stronger... sometimes you just feel it, in your body/soul... that's Power

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You used to button-mash... now, it's like you're not even pressing buttons... your avatar just Does It...

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Idk why you would ever play death stranding, when Donkey Kong country 2 already exists

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He’s reached the bare minimum, idk about “good”

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’m kinda thinking, shitheels publicly coming out as shitheels is a good thing

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve been playing darkest dungeon this weekend, so many quests completed without eating the doggy treats the houndmaster gets :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Panic Restaurant posted:

God drat it, I was really looking forward to playing Maneater. There needs to be like a spreadsheet of “absolute fuckers who don’t deserve your time or money.” It’s getting hard to keep track.

Every video game is made by absolute fuckers :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I realize now, my problem with consumables isn’t “too-good-to-use / but-what-if-i-need-it-later” syndrome, but rather, it’s remembering I have them in the first place

They’re sometimes too niche (+50% ice resist potion, that’s powerful but will I remember i have that when I’m fighting the ice trolls? No!!!), or they’re hidden away in a separate submenu (or e.g. in From games, I always have my healing potion selected, am I gonna think to switch to the next few items down the list while mid-fight? No!!! )

The solution? Death to consumables, only give me passive stat bonuses from now on

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

One of kratos’ weapons?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hades (SA’s GotY 2020) is the only supergiant game I really liked.... it is legitimately Flawless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Dire
Transispoor
Badstion
Hades (the good game)