Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That quote is just one example of how plenty of Asian-American and Asian audiences recognize the dude as not White

but fine if you really need a loving interview where the interviewer forces him to talk about it then here

https://www.essence.com/entertainment/keanu-reeves-person-of-color-doesnt-want-to-be-a-spokesperson/

Yeah thank you. Sorry if me being incredulous annoyed you, I know it must be hard

It's funny, you're 100% right, a lot of what I'm reading online is a lot of excitement from Asian-Americans who are super happy to see Keanu be so successful, but I'm sure that most white people will continue just seeing him as a white guy with maybe some Hawaiian in him somewhere. Pretty weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looper posted:

that note is pretty clearly referring to his nationality, not his ethnicity

He should be Asian-Canadian is what I'm saying (or saying now)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

stev posted:

I would buy WarioWare if it wasn't doing the different character thing. It defeats the point of the game imo.

Nah it’s really good

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve been on a switch kick these past few days. Gaming nirvana

Every morning I’m doing Animal Crossing stuff, glad to be back on Kratos island with my forgotten animal pals
When I want to chill and/or listen to a podcast I got the new warioware, currently unlocking the remaining microgames I hadn’t unlocked on my first story playthrough
And when I’m ready to get serious and sit down at my desk, I got Three Houses

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How about a Strikers game about a workplace going on strike

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

So what do you guys think? Should gamers rise up?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why would I do something that isn’t playing video games :confused:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Three Houses Maddening Difficulty trip report: it should’ve been called Frustrating Difficulty hehe

Some of what it does:
- experience point gain for all your guys is halved. This means you’ll have to focus on your core team from the very start of the game because xp is now in extremely limited supply
- enemies get inflated stats and some extra powerful passive abilities on top of what they had on Hard Difficulty. This means you have to micromanage your guys’ inventory because too much encumbrance means enemies will out-speed you and hit you twice with every attack
- new ambushes and reinforcements in missions. This means you have to do every mission at least twice, as not knowing where and when new enemies will spawn in guarantees that you ARE going to lose
- ambushes and reinforcements are now able to move and attack the same turn they spawn in. This means, see above

Here’s what I want: the option to turn some of the difficulty adjustments stuff off, Darkest Dungeon-style. Get on it, Switch modding community. Save this game

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

No

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gamer cards should definitely have driving license-style demerit points

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I guess mmo raiders do that already

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Is this like giantbomb

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Three Houses: I’m gonna restart on Hard mode and maybe, like, restrict the amount of exploration weeks I’m allowed to do to artificially increase the difficulty myself. If anyone can think of some other small things I could do to make the game harder I’d love to hear about them!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Speaking of brevity, all video games should be shorter

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

20 years ago we had a manned mission to Jupiter (iirc)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

For coming home late on a school night last night, I’m docking your allowance and your xp gain

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wouldn’t it be cool if bowsette went away, forever

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Wendy's is still around

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looks like the chat thread is gonna have to split in two

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah I wrestle, with guilt and shame and disappointment

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pokémon Yellow was the one they sent?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

By the end of Nocturne I was pretty bored with it, some of the later dungeons are pretty annoying and trial-and-error-y, and being unable to avoid random encounters meant that every dead-end became extra tedious

So it’s only gonna be like #5 on my GotY list this year

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

But you PLAY the ROLE of a Yakuza guy in every game !!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Blymeth from 3houses is the blankest slate, deffo an rpg though

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s gotta have stats

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If an American living in Japan makes an rpg is it a JRPG or a wrpg

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My test for friendship is, would I invite this person to my wedding? And sadly only around 20 of the games chat thread regulars have passed it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

the posts were coming from inside the thread !

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

As someone who played Persona 4 as a teen and played Persona 4 Golden this year (2021), I am the most qualified gamer here...

It's got some good parts and some characters I really like, the plot is kinda annoying whenever it's the kids trying to discuss the mystery, it's got some unfashionable politics in a few spots (Yosuke's homophobia ofc but also what stuck out to me in 2021 was stuff like the "a woman in her thirties trying to be sexy?? gross!" bits), it's too long, the dungeons are samey, the sidequests are just tedious, and, of course, Golden changed Chie's voice actress and ruined EVERYTHING (until I got used to it)

Looper posted:

aha a new enemy! it's blue so perhaps it is weak to... fire! no? perhaps it is weak to... wind! no? perhaps it is weak to... ice! no? perhaps it is weak to... lightning! no? perhaps it is weak to... light! no? perhaps it is weak to... darkness! aha! is this our chance?

This was also my experience and it sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Green and it’s gonna be about environmentalism