Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

Been thinking about the Witness and how I am apparently close to the end. I have seen one ending already and that was superb, now I am doing some more stuff that has been wild.
Something I like especially is reading other people's reactions to puzzles. It has been quite wild seeing what sections people get stuck on and then comparing it. It really shows off the difference in people's brains.

For example The pillar puzzles. I flew through them and even the one with the triangles in the cavern I beat very speedily. However, put me in front of simple floor puzzles with tetris blocks on them and I would be stumped for ages and ages. There was a colour puzzle that I 'solved' and still do not get it. Imagine me doing the Kilogram of Steel face that Limmy does.

Knowing what is a strength and what is not has been great. I think of all puzzles, my favourite systems have been the Triangles, the sounds (including that one with the broken speaker) and the inside the space of the environments. In fact the last one is my very favourite kind. :)

Just a bit more to go then I am done. Roll on Friday!!

I'm really glad you're enjoying it!! I gotta remember to watch on Friday, I want to see if you finish.

I haven't been able to watch much since I've been on the road but I'm also glad you found the environmental puzzles. What was the first one you found?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

It was the one when looking down from the mountain. There is a clip of that moment too. :3: also there are many more clips of me losing my mind over things. As soon as I got that one I started doing nothing but looking for more :D

I just found the clip and I am grinning ear to ear :D Finding your first environmental puzzle is one of the game's coolest moments

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Any rumors/announcements about what Sony's going to show today? More Horizon or other things?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What was the Bon Appetit situation again?

They were not paying people of color who appeared in videos nearly as much as white people who did videos and decided to burn the whole thing down instead of paying them more. Also just a generally toxic work environment too.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Looper posted:

also the boss was a huge creep and visibly made people mad or uncomfortable when he was on camera

Oh god I forgot about him too.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, Claire Saffitz is doing her own thing. Sohla's doing videos on History Channel's Youtube now. Rick's doing a travel series on Binging with Babish's channel. I haven't really watched any new BA since they came back with their new cast, though. Is Brad still doing Brad things? I always liked watching him ferment things.

These days most of my food/drink Youtube viewing is J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, How to Drink, Townsends, and James Hoffmann for my nerdy coffee video needs.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Sohla also did some Babish channel stuff that was fun.

Yeah, I really liked those. I was hoping she was going to do another "season" or something of them but I'm guessing her History videos are her main video gig now.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cool

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I live in New England now and apparently all the IPAs out here kick rear end, or at least all the ones I've had since I got here.

Also either I suddenly like sour beers or breweries in Boston make way better sours than midwestern breweries.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The decision also states that there was no reason for Epic to breach their contract before filing this suit and Apple is free to bar Epic from the store for their violation lol

lmao

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I got my first 1440p/high refresh rate monitor and oh my god :pcgaming:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The mouse cursor moving in 144hz is breaking my brain

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Do we all get to pick a game to stan? I'll go to bat for... dark souls

A brave and daring stand :patriot:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oh yeah I forgot to claim my game to stan for.

You can always, always count on me to praise (and defend) SaGa Frontier at every opportunity.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

oddium posted:

who was the rereg. tell us

Even the mods don’t know :negative:

The admins only tell us who a rereg is if they’re someone evading a punishment and it appears they aren’t?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

everyone I would like to share this funny video game related tiktok

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7007993987122433286

I am forced to conclude that Persona must be destroyed. This brings me no pleasure as I have loved these games, but this... this is too much to ask the world to bear.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

oddium posted:

vine was better because of the six second discipline

:hmmyes:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Arrrthritis posted:

The People Make Games video is so hosed because there's just like, this 11 year old boy who already had their soul crushed from the gamedev process.

I went into that video not really knowing what Roblox was--I thought it was like a Minecraft-y thing though I knew people could make stuff in it--and came out of it absolutely despising Roblox and everything it stands for.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have started lifting again after a long-ish break and my whole upper body hurts and I think I'm dying

I can still walk but tomorrow is leg day so that won't last

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

This year I played SaGa Frontier Remastered and Yakuza: Like a Dragon and it's gonna be hard to beat those two for the top spots.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lmao I have never seen the Fucktoast tweet before

https://twitter.com/adsk4/status/1335166101810921478?s=20

Someday soon I will go to the nearby Asian grocery and get some Sichuan pepper and I will make the Fucktoast

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

SaGa Frontier Remastered came out this year and somehow made me love that game even more so it's automatically a good year for video games

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Every time something like this comes up, the company gets a very minor slap on the wrist and fine, and then nothing changes. Because of how laws work in the U.S. regards to what happened at Blizzard, what happened there is effectively not illegal.

If it's the SEC getting involved, that means Blizzard is suspected of loving with investors' money, and loving with rich investors' money is about the only thing that actually gets a company in any sort of measurable trouble at all.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Look at this snazzy skeleton

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Everything released 10 years ago is 10 years old, really makes you think

:psyduck:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stux posted:

i only played one of these and im only interested in two others. very bad list!

Play Yakuza: Like a Dragon, it is extremely good

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Pyre is still the best Supergiant game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I never played Pyre because I never understood what it was and any time I looked at a stream it was just a creature that looked like it came from Monster Rancher doing VN stuff

It's kinda half VN, half magical sports RPG with shades of Valkyrie Profile (not the gameplay, but the story idea that doing well means you lose your friends one by one). Does pretty cool stuff with branching narrative, too.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think one of the design goals for Pyre was to make a game with no "game over" state, but where the narrative can continue to make sense if you lose a "battle." They did this again with Hades just by making a roguelite with an immortal protagonist, but with Pyre, they did it by making the "battles" magical basketball matches instead of actual fights, and then using some light branching narrative stuff so that the story can just continue and continue to make sense even if you lose every single match.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hey everyone I got a spoiler about the Direct for you:

they're announcing that mario is pronounced marry-oh from now on and it brings me no pleasure to report this

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Charlie Day as Luigi is an inspired choice

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Thinking about that Mario movie again

The weirdest thing about that cast announcement, I think, is that aside from Chris Pratt (which is an incredibly bad casting choice), the rest of the casting is so good. Charlie Day as Luigi? Keegan-Michael Key as loving Toad??? Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong and by the way Cranky fuckin Kong is in this movie?? That poo poo is inspired. It's dumb as gently caress but in a way that promises to be hilarious.

They just had to lead it off with Chris Pratt who is, in all movies, the wet fart of casting choices.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

If you were gonna cast a Hollywood Chris as Mario I think Pine would've been objectively the most baffling and therefore correct choice

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The fact that every other casting choice is good as hell just makes Chris Pratt as Mario even dumber

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Mario Shouldn't Talk

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stux posted:

have you tried agood game instead :D

that's it, queuing a ban right now

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

I got tired of my google survey credit falling off my account and bought FF1. I played through most of it. Well, almost all of it.

I got to Chaos at level 49 without any problem. But I can not even scratch him. This is a stupid difficulty jump. Other than grinding and changing out my spells a bit, is there anything I can do? It feels like a waste of time to have to do a bunch of prep for the last fight of the game. Bad design.

What’s your FF1 team? Casting Haste on a Knight, Master, or Ninja will let them do a lot of damage, much more than spells do. Physical attacks are where the real damage is.

Also do you have a White Mage? If not, someone should probably be using the Heal helmet every turn to keep you at least a little bit healed. They made most of FF1 pretty easy in the Pixel Remaster but buffed Chaos into the stratosphere for some reason.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I will watch Tim Rodgers talk for six hours about tokimeki memorial and I will enjoy it.

Games have come a long way since Tim Rodgers video about Pac-Man.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

That said Tim Rogers is like one of two Youtube video people total I would even consider clicking on a 6-hour video from because I can trust he will be entertaining and it won't be one of those unbelievably nitpicky, turbo-detailed videos like Joseph Anderson does.

The other one is hbomberguy, I trust him to be entertaining for 6 hours too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Also it would be extremely funny if the Tim Rogers Cyberpunk video that's been like 8 months in the making ends up being like 15 minutes long