Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Wake me up when the September thread ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I nominate this as thread theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loRA5XxACcw

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Summer until fall happens around the 22nd

Apparently there are places in the world where it turns into spring instead...

Please don't bring Australian conspiracies into this thread, if there was truly people living upside down then how would they not simply fall off the earth?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Stux posted:

thhere is not a strict deliniation between seasons that can be summed up by months or days. each season change is noticed in retrospect when a consistent series of days has appeared with weather that marks the turning of the season. peace be withy ou.

Solstices and equinoxes block your path

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Apparently the players were in their 20s and 30s?!?!?!!?

And they still got BTFO by highschoolers? lol

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No Mr.Sheffield no buy

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I mean it was a pretty good design on Agents of Shield

It's just a poo poo game model.

People watch that poo poo? Lol

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Please tell me gacha counts as gambling

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Which ones it for?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

My buddy is convinced that Kubrick was killed cause eyes wide shut got to close to the truth of the illuminati. I think that's pretty dumb, like why wouldn't they have shot him sooner before the premiere

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The shining is literally the only good horror film

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I think Kubrick was probably the last artist of film. He never made a sequel, always tackled different themes and styles. He was a true master of his craft that pushed the medium forward. Nobody is doing that now. Even the best movies of recent times, once upon a time in Hollywood and the new blade runner, are stuck in this mold terrified of breaking outside of it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Is that the same Whitehouse from Pigs(three of them) the best pink Floyd tune.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I think rarity is on to something with that. That said the same tropes that makes horror bad as a genre makes the horror parody genre so incredibly strong. I recently watched both scream the movie and scream queens the tv show and both were excellent.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I can't articulate my thoughts on horror as a movie genre right now so I'm gonna sleep on it. But having just finished my rewatch of eyes wide shut I'll say the movie really could've used another hour or two. Still a great film but another couple hours would've really elevated it as a creative endeavor

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

New Super Metis posted:

the novel coronavirus is keeping me from playing death stranding. i need a courageous courier to deliver a ps4 console to me

I knew a guy but someone shot him in the head and left him for dead

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

My buddy who sent me this long rear end text about how Kubrick was killed for making Eyes Wide shut, has never actually seen it apparently. How you can hold such strong positions on media you've never actually seen is baffling to me

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Weedle posted:

samuel l. jackson as tenpenny

All the celebrity actors in San Andreas killed it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Blue hearts are legit. Praise be to Kaiju for letting me discover them

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Muscle Tracer posted:

AM2R has finally taught me what countless RPGs, From games, and Bethesda games never could: use your loving consumables.

I might need them later

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I just got my connection speed tripled because I told spectrum tonight to upgrade my billing to Spectrum from Time Warner Cable (pre-2014) while installing a new modem.
My 35mbps download speeds tripled, and my upload speeds doubled.
Meaning we got bamboozled on paying our internet package for 8 years. :shepface:

It's like when I realized when my mom was paying 120$ a month for her phone

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Baller Time posted:

I'm playing SMT Strange Journey Redux, enjoying the classic PC rpg style dungeon crawling. Then out of nowhere, in the second area, ANIME appears. Just pure ANIME, straight at me. Guns blazing, energy sword wielding ANIME all over my face. And then it's gone again. The dungeon now feels less inviting than before. But I'm ready. I can now expect the ANIME, and I will not be disheartened this easily.

Congrats you found the new content they added

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Amazing what Zero Northern Hemisphere will do to a MF

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Are you sure you didn't order Bovril

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Console and rts go together like peanut butter and mashed potatoes

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

:wrong:
Illbleed is still exclusive

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Quest For Booty is way harder than Tools of Destruction ever was but I'm still having a good time. And whoever said the game was like 2 hours long was not lying. I had to check a walkthrough for one point and apparently I'm already 2/3rds of the way through. Did they really charge full price for this? Cause it really feels like an intended DLC pack

Cocaine is way less addictive and life-harming than MOBAs
It was like 15 bucks

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They need to make it a Pentalogy so people can experience LCS and VCS.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

I want a game where the main character needs everything explained to him because hes just dumb as poo poo

Umineko

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Is parrying actually the right answer I was just making a dark souls joke

Yeah. Parrying is your main action in sekiro

It's also a great game

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Like the good parts of Fallout 2, or all the dumb meme poo poo they shoved into the game that makes it the worst mainline Fallout?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Mikiri looks cool as gently caress

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's not a bad game at all. Reallly early PS3 gen so be prepared, but a fun afternoon for sure

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bring back mido

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hollywood can't even make a good action scene and you want them to try and bring gun kata back

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress yeah that movie loving rocks

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Check the commentary for Arnie and the director realizing a dudes loving a goat in the back of a scene

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Millennium Actress is the best anime movie

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Akira as a work is compositionally and aesthetically beautiful. The direction is far far better than most anime movies. The motorcycle skid, the kill sat, the laser carving out Tetsuo's body. For a medium that doesn't have to worry about much of the real life nonsense real films have to worry about, it's very disturbing to me they fail so often at making the shots interesting. Hopefully people start looking to yuuasa's work more for inspiration instead of the dull and insipid works of studio ghibli

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Beat sekiro, easy game :cool:

Gonna write up my tepid takes tomorrow I think, please look forward to it

You did ring the bell so you weren't embarrassing yourself playing on easy mode?