Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Larryb posted:

Did they ever release a patch that made Cyberpunk more stable (since from what I hear, every version is kind of a mess in some way or another)?

There’s been a steady set of stability updates. I think they’re relisted on the Sony store now? So that’s good. I’d say the current definitive console version is the Xbox One on the Series X. Seems like it’s had the least problems and the hardware handles it well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I am playing the Final Fantasy IV pixel remaster on my iPad and I am so pleased with it. The bad font is less bad in practice than it seems in the screenshots and I was pleasantly surprised to learn there is a tap to move navigation option, freeing me from the onscreen virtual joystick. It actually works really well as a touchscreen game.

I haven’t played through this story since I was a kid with a rented SNES so I forget all the twists and turns. I wonder how well I’ll be able to figure out the fine points of the game mechanics. I basically had no idea about the mechanics aside from “bigger number is good” when I was young.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Larryb posted:

Good to know, is the game itself any good though?

For a moment I thought you were asking about FFIV.

Cyberpunk is a good game that fell short of its great promise. I really liked playing it and made it all the way to the point of no return before putting it down to wait for updates, DLC etc. These days I have a hard time sticking with games, so I guess that's saying something.

There's a lot of janky stuff and a lot of systems that don't really integrate well. Different people will be differently annoyed by that but I really enjoyed the overall freeform open city Deus-Ex vibe of being able to finish missions in a variety of ways. Often the side missions and little areas are mini snacks of Deus Ex gameplay and I quite liked those.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Those are just needle felting finger protectors...

Strand-type accessories.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Hello games chat. Meet Patches

Patches is a stray cat that my mother in law & her husband domesticated. Or maybe Patches domesticated them. Patches started hanging around the farmhouse a couple years ago during a particularly cold winter. She was extremely skittish and would not come in the house unless there was a clear escape route. There's an amazing photo of my mother in law all bundled in winter gear reaching a food bowl across the kitchen floor as Patches looks on suspiciously from the wide open door into minus 30 weather.

These days, Patches comes by around 6pm for dinner. If she feels OK about the situation, she will come inside, pr poke her head and run away, or come in and allow herself to be petted. Sometimes she spends the night.

Everyone is desperate for approval from Patches.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I'm gonna need to leave the thread open by the porch for like five days before she even deigns to look.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Every now and then, I start laughing for no discernible reason.

My wife will say, "Are you thinking about long clowns again?" and, lord help me, the answer is, "Yes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
This has been an incredibly busy year so my GOTY list is gonna be, like, Good Sudoku and Hearthstone and the opening minutes of a bunch of games I hope to get back to soon.