Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Waffleman_ posted:

I just got a text that my stepsister is on her way to the hospital, she's gonna have her baby!

Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Honestly I would probably give Midnight Suns a shot. I'm a bit of a mark for a decent deckbuilder these days and strategy games have always been my thing. If the gameplay reviews well I might try it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Death Stranding sucks.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rarity posted:

I will not play Death Stranding until Metis has played it :hai:

So in another 15 years?

sharrrk posted:

at failing

to be fun

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I once had a cat who liked to be thrown. Just lob him across the room and he'd come back to do it again.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

You missed an X there. But you should try FFIV.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Happy Labor Day. I made curry for lunch and then sharpened my knives as well as possible with what I have available. I really need a decent whetstone, but at least my 12 year old won't lose a finger slicing potatoes.

Now to game. I can't decide on FE 6 or FFVI, but I need a break from Slay the Spire.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I enjoy Griftlands but I treat it as a mini RPG. Just play on Story Mode and enjoy the random elements on your way to the end. I don't think it works as a roguelike thing outside of the endless mode or whatever it's called.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Slay the Spire
Griftlands

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I've played more deckbuilders than rogulikes.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Can someone tell me about Life is Strange? It's coming to Switch and I'm kind of intrigued by it, but reading reviews tells me nothing and Wikipedia spoils the whole thing.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That sounds like something my son and I would enjoy. Thanks!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

It would depend on the themes and images I guess. He did like AI: The Somnium Files well enough.

Further research is needed I think.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rarity posted:

All Stuxes Are Bastards

ASAB? Doesn't sound right.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm playing BotW again after having bought it on my Switch earlier this year. I'm going to make an actual effort to get good at the combat since every Test of Strength shrine or Lynel fight turns into an hour long quest to prepare a ton of Defense and Heart boosting meals and it stops being fun after Death Mountain. I'd like to actually finish the game this time. I already opened up the whole map and got the Master Sword so now I'm ready to try to actually engage with the systems and story.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

What

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

love clicking on it and hearing the bad cover of enter sandman

There's a good cover?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Hwurmp posted:

do Weird Al's polka medleys count

Yes.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Sakurazuka posted:

Microsoft has been doing that for years

Makes sense for Microsoft, especially since X Box is more than a console.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

The smart, definitely healthy thing to do is to go into everything expecting the worst, so that when the worst doesn’t happen, you feel pleasantly surprised !!

This is how I live every day.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

homeless snail posted:

ever hear of a little game called, ff7

Terra from FFVI. Galuf from FFV. Cecil and Kain from FFIV.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Today is 9/11. 6 years ago today I decided to become sober and stop being a drunk. I've had the occasional drink in the past few years but nothing I regret, and I'm reasonably happy to be sober. I'm going to celebrate by making curry for dinner and playing FFVI.

Happy 9/11 everyone.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Goodbye Bruce. :(

Thanks for the well wishes yesterday everyone!. Curry was good. I lost a run of Slay the Spire, did Chapter 2 of FE6 and played some Picross DS. It was a good day.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Force Unleashed is $10 in the PS store. Is the PSP version worth getting?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Rinkles posted:

No idea about FU specifically, but in my experience most PSP console ports were pretty crap.

That's a shame. I have very few games on my Vita and most of them are GBA roms. Maybe I'll look at some reviews. I might be surprised.

Weedle posted:

i've said it before but if you want a cute handheld to play all your gb/gbc/gba roms i cannot recommend the anbernic rg351p or 351m highly enough. the p is cheaper, lighter and comes in gba purple but requires a dongle for wifi. otherwise they're the same. the games look flawless if you set your scaling settings correctly

I keep checking the thread because I am a complete mark for those things, but with a Vita, 3DS and Wii U I just don't have the need or money for one.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

doingitwrong posted:

I am playing the Final Fantasy IV pixel remaster on my iPad and I am so pleased with it. The bad font is less bad in practice than it seems in the screenshots and I was pleasantly surprised to learn there is a tap to move navigation option, freeing me from the onscreen virtual joystick. It actually works really well as a touchscreen game.

I haven’t played through this story since I was a kid with a rented SNES so I forget all the twists and turns. I wonder how well I’ll be able to figure out the fine points of the game mechanics. I basically had no idea about the mechanics aside from “bigger number is good” when I was young.

I play through this game every few years and it doesn't get much deeper than that. The GBA and DS versions had extra features added and I'm not sure what that version has but bigger number = better will get you through the whole game. Just sit back and enjoy the story because it's really good for an early SNES game.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also if we're still calling games can I have the Genesis Shining Force games? Those are fun.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I said come in! posted:

It's actually a Sega Saturn game, but Shining the Holy Ark is my favorite of the Shining Force series.

That one's an action game right? My tablet stutters with SF3 for the Saturn so I doubt I could play it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Thankfully no, it's a turn based RPG that is entirely in first person and most of the game is 2D.

Oh cool. Maybe I can give it a try.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

raditts posted:

Why would you leave Shining in the Darkness out in the cold like this

Because it sucks.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Happy birthday!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I live with my in laws. There are days when I consider homelessness to be a viable alternative, but at least there's no overt hostility. And the rent is affordable, since my primary contribution is to feed the house.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The real answer is TikTok must be destroyed. It's Twitter with video.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Vine was pretty stupid too. And so are YouTube Shorts which is just YouTube branded Vine/TikTok.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My son likes Roblox, but he's only ever watched 20-something children play it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FirstAidKite posted:

Anybody read any good books lately? Or bad books, or mediocre books, or any books at all.

It's been a long time since I read any books, but I will always recommend Raise High The Roof Beams, Carpenters and Nine Stories, both by J.D. Salinger. Raise High and the first story of Nine Stories are about a man dealing with PTSD after the war and are just as relevant now as when they were new. They're also much better stories than Catcher in the Rye which is just boring.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Earthbound didn't grab me. I tried it out recently and I just couldn't get interested in it.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I said come in! posted:

Earthbound is one of the games I finished this year, it was my first time playing the game and I loved it to death. I feel like it's a perfect RPG and still holds up decades later. I still think about the game a lot, and want to play through it again.

Like I said, it just didn't catch my interest. But I've been having that issue a lot lately so maybe it's just RPGs can't hold my interest anymore. I dunno.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I expect to get mocked, but The Hitman's Bodyguard is a decent take on the buddy comedy action hero genre and it has decent car chases. But I like any movie that stars Samuel L. Jackson as himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

My favorite anime is Trigun which probably proves I have no taste. It's a fun show though.