Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's been September for 52 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dean Evans was great at doing soundtracks way better than the game deserved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kf_esaJUpA

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

frytechnician posted:

Your opinion's no good here, Mr. Barudak.

Lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

She posted in the PS5 thread a couple of days ago

Might be PS4 I can no longer tell the difference

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Carpenter is probably the most consistently great horror movie director of all time, maybe Cronnenberg gives him a run for his money and that's a very different type of horror.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've never played a roguelike I've liked

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The opposite, there's no co op in Arise at all

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Seeing the Gamespot review and they try and make it breaking news that Tales of games offer dumb XP-boosting DLC and other DLC poo poo and I'm just looking at it like, yeah. Yeah they've been doing that for a while now like....fifteen or sixteen years now? That doesn't make it better or at all good in any way it's just, yeah that's been a thing for a while don't think you're uncovering a conspiracy.

Vesperia was probably one of the earliest games in the whole industry to do it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That was eh, when's TGS?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Console exclusive

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Microsoft has been doing that for years

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has any game let you use two shotguns at the same time?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Big Scary Owl posted:

I only picked hard because the menu said it was the recommended difficulty. :shepface:

I'll change it to normal

Never listen to what people who made the game and have played it for hundreds of hours think is the correct difficulty.

All hard does is make the alien have a shorter 'leash' so its constantly in your face and you can't do anything.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hopefully Tales of Arise should be waiting for me when I got home, so that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

I've just seen some screenshots of Tales of Arise - did they have an actual budget this time? The locations look pretty nice.

It's still Bamco budget but they used UE which is easier to make look nice than uh whatever they've been using since PS2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

wuggles posted:

Kingdom Hearts

No one bothers explaining poo poo to Sora though

Does he technically have amnesia because he still doesn't remember anything that happened in CoM?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's one problem when you get to older games with DLC, there's zero change of them ever going on sale again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

deep dish peat moss posted:

I thought the new Tales game looked cool but I didn't buy it because the top review on Steam warns that it has ads on the camp screen. In a single player, offline JRPG.

It sometimes has a small banner in the bottom right hand corner going 'hey DLC exists for this', it's not really worth boycotting over.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Death Scoop

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah there's no way to walk that back without (another) major poo poo storm

Keep in mind though that they still don't have even a vague timeframe for the PS5 release, so I'm not buying a cheap version until they do.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not far off tbh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Gamesmaster is coming back to UK TV

https://www.pcgamer.com/gamesmaster-is-coming-back/

I don't care if its awful I'll watch every second

No point without Patrick Moore

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My landlord is my brother in law and he cant raise the rent unless he suddenly wants me to be very concerned about all the poo poo he never bothers fixing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope he finally gets what he wants, to make TV shows, and stops bothering with games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The best anime movies are Belladonna of Sadness, Angel's Egg and Night on the Galactic Railroad.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wait I forgot Transformers the Movie

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Is there an easy place to start in Mortal Shell? It seems brutal compared to even soulslikes, very little healing, parrying costs a resource, the dodge has pretty generous iframes but otherwise you're as slow as a heavy weapon armour dude in DS and your block has to recharge.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

There is in fact a Master System with a few games in Lost Judgment

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CubeTheory posted:

Shameful lack of EDF games on this list

I like EDF games but I dunno if any of them would end up in anyone's top 5 greatest games ever.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Top games of this year, Nier Remake, RE 8, GAA and Psychonauts 2 so far.
Going through my list I'd played way less games from this year than I thought lol.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I never replay games so that doesn't matter to me.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've never turned motion blur off but I've never deliberately turned it on either.

The only time recently I've messed with any graphics setting other than brightness was turning down chromatic aberration in The Rats of Us PS5 version because that was too much.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's Knack all over again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harrow posted:

Hey everyone I got a spoiler about the Direct for you:

they're announcing that mario is pronounced marry-oh from now on and it brings me no pleasure to report this

But that's true :confused:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gahmah posted:

https://twitter.com/TheInitiative/status/1441190673672114181?s=20

Is there more than one Crystal Dynamics team or does this confirm there will be weird gore/death eroticism for Perfect Dark

That Avengers game must be weirder than I thought

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm so glad I don't work retail anymore and can look forward to my Christmas week off

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

If this isn't proof enough that it's great and worth playing then I don't know what is

Stopped clocks etc.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Any opinions on Chernobylite? Looks like it might be an interesting budget Stalker

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Regy Rusty posted:

I mean until Yakuza 7 they were action based games

RPGs can be action games too since at least 1984

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Feels Villeneuve posted: