Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Still can’t believe we got completely hosed for chaosball - more sore about this than my team not being in the playoffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ChiTownEddie posted:

don't the jays have him for another season?

Yep, but it's still an awful trade for 1 season and half of one that was never going to matter.

He's not even that good, they paid ace prices for a pretty ok #2.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Yeah Berrios is back with the jays next year. If they can bring Ray back their pitching looks fairly good if they can stabilize the bullpen. I figure cheap rear end Rogers is going to only bring one (at most:() of Ray and Semien back. I would be over the moon if they extended both of them

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Yep, but it's still an awful trade for 1 season and half of one that was never going to matter

I mean, we got the most exciting September in 5 years for the Jays. I’m not really mad about the trade.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I haven't seen mcmagic make a good post over in the MtG threads either. Y'all I think he might just be a bad poster and probably needs to take a nice chill break from the forums regardless of just the Yankees (who should get hosed.)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

I mean, we got the most exciting September in 5 years for the Jays. I’m not really mad about the trade.

Lmao that is legitimately the bar for this franchise, oh poo poo you knew it wouldn't happen but maybe!? Better trade 2 top mlb prospects to really lose closely!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

rickiep00h posted:

I haven't seen mcmagic make a good post over in the MtG threads either. Y'all I think he might just be a bad poster and probably needs to take a nice chill break from the forums regardless of just the Yankees (who should get hosed.)

mcmagic has some serious garbage tier posts in the Streaming thread too, he’s just a fount of shitposts

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You know thinking about it I'm done with the Jays, gently caress this garbage tier org. I've been a fan since I was a kid and the WS were great, but they're just been utter dogshit for so long.

Go Tampa, I know you can use an extra fan!

Gonna laugh seeing those fuckin losers finish 3rd/4th next year.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Lmao that is legitimately the bar for this franchise, oh poo poo you knew it wouldn't happen but maybe!? Better trade 2 top mlb prospects to really lose closely!

I feel like it’s better to go for it when you have a chance than prospect hug, yeah. Obviously it remains to be seen what happens with Martin and SWR, when I first read about the trade I thought it was a big haul as well, but Martin already seems to be losing some supporters and SWR is .. well.. a pitching prospect. It seems kinda weird to be this angry and certain that it was a bad trade years before we will be able to say that, but I know today was a letdown. Would you rather they traded Ray and Semien at the deadline? I honestly don’t think there’s many Jays fans that are like drat, I’m sad that we didn’t tank harder this year so maybe those prospects hit big down the line. September was fun. Baseball is supposed to be fun.

LonesomeCrowdedWest fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Oct 4, 2021

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

You know thinking about it I'm done with the Jays, gently caress this garbage tier org. I've been a fan since I was a kid and the WS were great, but they're just been utter dogshit for so long.

Lol oh okay you’re just mad. Well, I hope you feel better soon! There’s always next year!

E: Two ALCS appearances and coming within one game of making the playoffs, as well as a pandemic playoff spot in a 6 year stretch isn’t really what I’d call “utter dogshit for so long” but you do you I guess

LonesomeCrowdedWest fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 4, 2021

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm relieved that i got my complete cubsposting meltdown done in July this year instead of October and now just get to be Schwindel-pilled.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Would you rather they traded Ray and Semien at the deadline?

It would have greatly benefited them, yes, but idgaf enjoy your lovely fuckin org.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/GrantBrisbee/status/1444877125677305860?s=19

Padres what happened

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol at 55 games behind

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

It would have greatly benefited them, yes, but idgaf enjoy your lovely fuckin org.

Lol. I will! They’re looking good for the future. Imagine watching such a fun team and being mad as hell that they didn’t tank because they missed the playoffs on the last day of the season. Especially considering all they went through the last two seasons. Would much rather a team like this than the soulless Rays in a bad empty stadium.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol. Great!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fast forward: man it sucks they didn't resign Ray or Semien, but I've got a good feeling about this matt harvey deal!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol the padres were 67-49

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Intruder posted:

Good god

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Man that Berrios trade loving sucks, what a shitass waste of a season, shoulda just tanked again.

Lol no that trade owns

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Lol no that trade owns

Check in after next offseason, LOL.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I'm not sure why my opinion would change in a year.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

Cubs won the Darvish trade.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Just loving lol at being done with the Jays after this year. Vlad's 22 ya ding dong. Bo Bichette and Alex Manoah are 23!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

I'm not sure why my opinion would change in a year.

He'll have signed elsewhere while the Jays miss the playoffs the 2 years he pitches for them.

hth.

I'm aware you'd never admit you were wrong, but that won't stop me laughing at you.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Patrick Spens posted:

Just loving lol at being done with the Jays after this year. Vlad's 22 ya ding dong. Bo Bichette and Alex Manoah are 23!

Ya bro, and the ownership will clearly sign talent to supplehahahahahhahahah

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Someone trying to give McMagic a run for their money. Maybe stop drinking for the night lol

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

He'll have signed elsewhere while the Jays miss the playoffs the 2 years he pitches for them.

hth.

I'm aware you'd never admit you were wrong, but that won't stop me laughing at you.

Actually the trade would still be really good even if that happens! SWR looks like he'll be a reliever and Martin has nowhere to play for the Jays cause he has no power. Self scouting is pretty important buzz!

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I thought the Jays were cool this season.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Someone trying to give McMagic a run for their money. Maybe stop drinking for the night lol

I've got reason to celebrate, my team is in the playoffs!

Enjoy the offseason, don't forget to check in.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Minenfeld! posted:

I thought the Jays were cool this season.

The Jays are cool every season, friend

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I've got reason to celebrate, my team is in the playoffs!

Enjoy the offseason, don't forget to check in.

Just choose a new team to root for each day based on the odds.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Man, going into the season I really thought the Padres were gonna be the ones to beat in the NL this year.

Also just lmao at that apocalyptic Arizona record.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1409538450550841346 he's right

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Minenfeld! posted:

Just choose a new team to root for each day based on the odds.

Nah I respect the Rays, they play the game better than anyone.

Thanks for taking an interest in my fandom though, that's adorable of you.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Ya bro, and the ownership will clearly sign talent to supplehahahahahhahahah

lol they signed Ryu for 80 mil and then the very next year signed the biggest free agent contract in franchise history and they came within one game of the playoffs. Some real drunk boomer energy here

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

Nah I respect the Rays, they play the game better than anyone.

Thanks for taking an interest in my fandom though, that's adorable of you.

Lmao

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

No, no, he's rooting for a team that spends now--the Rays.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Minenfeld! posted:

No, no, he's rooting for a team that spends now--the Rays.

No, no, I'm rooting for the team that doesn't make doofus shortsighted trades, develops players and beats the top salaried teams on a shoestring budget.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sydin posted:

Cubs won the Darvish trade.

the cubs literally put zach davies on the mound