Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

The Bloop posted:

Who is your hero and why? Elon Musk

not the person I'd guess from their portraits, that's for sure

lordy

19 year old Stanford student though that grew up in Palo Alto. Her brain is unfortunately broken forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Hold on we've got a 31 year old abstaining from premarital sex who is "afraid of condiments."

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Interesting there seems to be a couple Canadians in the cast this season. It's not all US Survivors.

Also for anyone that doesn't want to wait for more Survivor. Already 6 episodes in to Australian Survivor, and it's a lot of fun like usual. Blood Vs. Water without the redemption island gimmick to take the heat off of voting someone's loved one out. thread here -> https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3991768-

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Interesting there seems to be a couple Canadians in the cast this season. It's not all US Survivors.

Last season's winner was Canadian.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

loving LMAO

quote:

3 words to describe you: Endurance, devoted, mentally strong.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

quote:

What is something we would never know from looking at you?

I'm covered in tattoos.

Dude how the gently caress would anyone know you had tattoos, if not not by looking at you have them lol.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/sqgqec/comment/hwlz95i/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

lmao

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Clearly the dating game is ffffllllllaaaawwwwweeeeeddddd.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I just caught up on S41 except for the reunion bit so maybe they explain it there but the final vote being a blowout was the last thing i expected. Very strange

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It would maybe have not been unanimous if Xander hadn't opened his mouth. And then kept opening it, major tactical error.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think while the internet liked Xander and saw him as this fun gamer having a good time the tribe just seemed to see him as a nice enough guy who was backing his way to the end with a fair bit of smugness he wasn’t able to justify to the jury as earned. Erika on the other hand seemed like she had been fighting for position and moves the whole game and people noticed and felt the results spoke for her success.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Well looks like all the international Survivor series' have been pulled off Paramount+ and Amazon Prime.
https://twitter.com/realityblurred/status/1493965980124520453

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Yeah a real poo poo show. I was on the last episode of S1 Australia.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

njsykora posted:

Well looks like all the international Survivor series' have been pulled off Paramount+ and Amazon Prime.
https://twitter.com/realityblurred/status/1493965980124520453

This is pretty frustrating.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Literally the reason I got Paramount+ lmao.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Facebook group "Tribe has spoken" has links to every Aussie season.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Narcissus1916 posted:

Facebook group "Tribe has spoken" has links to every Aussie season.

True, but it was nice to have it in HD as opposed to the 360p that's on offer there.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I want to watch Survivor AU but its a pain to find. Also how are people watching The Mole?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Seasons 1 and 2 of The Mole are on Netflix

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

CODChimera posted:

I want to watch Survivor AU but its a pain to find. Also how are people watching The Mole?

Current seasons of Survivor AU are pretty easy to find (:files:)

Older stuff I guess you'll have to wait and hope that Paramount Plus decides that it's okay if international Survivor versions are better than the US Survivor and readd them to the service...

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Older stuff I guess you'll have to wait and hope that Paramount Plus decides that it's okay if international Survivor versions are better than the US Survivor and readd them to the service...

That was my immediate thought

edit - unimportant and mostly unrelated. If you want to see more of current Survivor Australia player - Jay. He is on season 2 of "Instant Hotel" on Netflix. My was watching it and I had a weird feeling like.. I know this person from somewhere. Is that Jay from the other show we are watching? It was.

Shemp the Stooge fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Feb 17, 2022

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I was told that S1 of Australia isn't even that great compared to some of the others and I found it significantly better than any modern US iteration. So annoyed that I can't progress to the next season now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what a dumb move

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

what a dumb move

My prediction: Probst heard how everyone was calling Aus Survivor better than US and he called CBS offices and went on a tantrum, so they removed it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

quote:

Update: A Paramount+ representative told me that the removal is indeed because of “rights issues.” That means it’s not a technical glitch, as some people were told when they contacted Paramount+.

I’ve sent follow-up questions, but at the moment, I don’t know what that means: Did Paramount+ think it had the rights, and then discover it did not? Did it lose the rights for some reason? Is this a legal matter that’ll be sorted out and the episodes will return?

It's pretty funny they went so far as to advertise something they had no rights to, doubly so because it's funny itself that they don't just have the rights to show any drat branch of Survivor they want. I guess that's why the idea of an All-Survivors streaming join never formed, probably just the nightmare of navigating international rights. Churning out reality tv there's probably not much forethought put into long term anything.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

blue squares posted:

My prediction: Probst heard how everyone was calling Aus Survivor better than US and he called CBS offices and went on a tantrum, so they removed it.

For as defensive he gets when there's negative commentary on changes he's made to the show, this is really not all that far fetched to me.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

There a S42 thread? Starting to see Content come out for it and I want to have a place to comment on the new twist where Jeff brings back all the eliminated players and kicks out all the surviving players at final 5.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I can try to whip something up but it won't be until Friday at the earliest. Have quite a busy week. This has been in the back of my mind, just need to find time to dedicate to it. Stay tuned this weekend. At least will have it up before premiere!

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

Is anyone running a goon s42 tribal council league again? I enjoyed being part of last season's league and I was even at the top for most of it, until the dark horse not on my roster came in and won it all.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Overdrift posted:

Is anyone running a goon s42 tribal council league again? I enjoyed being part of last season's league and I was even at the top for most of it, until the dark horse not on my roster came in and won it all.

I saw chili and Cena talking about it…somewhere lol. Can’t remember

Antiquated Pants
Feb 23, 2011

Oh god I'm so lonely in here...
:negative:

Last season was my first Survivor season that I watched live, after a surprise discovery that this show still exists last year when a couple of random seasons popped up on Netflix. I've since binged many seasons but the Council League made it so much more exciting as I was invested in my picks.

I will definitely participate again, maybe I can eke out another surprise win. :agesilaus:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I'll be using the Sean Kenniff strategy.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Studio posted:

I'll be using the Sean Kenniff strategy.

I rewatched Survivor twice during quarantine. I was surprised to hear him say f*g a couple of times while referring to Richard.

In all, despite how progressive Survivor was in terms of casting gay people, there was a lot of casual homophobia in the show, and people being weirded or homophobic was played for laughs a lot of the time.

Boston Rob in Marquesas was especially bad. There was one moment where he and John were having an argument, and at one point out of the blue he asks John, "Are you gay?" John, a little flustered, confirms he is, and Rob just kind of chuckled and rolled his eyes.

Everything with Frank and Brandon in Africa was very uncomfortable.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 5, 2022

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Overdrift posted:

Yes!

I was waiting for the new thread but we're all a bunch of lazy banana eaters it seems.

Head over to https://tribal-council.com/ and use join code: d98dd968-1741-4707-95f0-68b3c32f6186

I was going to post the standings for last season but then I forgot and by the time I remembered everything was wiped. I was too busy eating bananas.

This time around I'll post a bit more and remind people to adjust their teams when the adjustment windows open.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nihonniboku posted:

I rewatched Survivor twice during quarantine. I was surprised to hear him say f*g a couple of times while referring to Richard.

In all, despite how progressive Survivor was in terms of casting gay people, there was a lot of casual homophobia in the show, and people being weirded or homophobic was played for laughs a lot of the time.

Boston Rob in Marquesas was especially bad. There was one moment where he and John were having an argument, and at one point out of the blue he asks John, "Are you gay?" John, a little flustered, confirms he is, and Rob just kind of chuckled and rolled his eyes.

It’s there and it’s bad but it’s also a pretty real reflection of the time period. If Survivor is a social experiment than it’s struggles with homophobia, misogyny, and racism have all been pretty representative of society’s over these years.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

STAC Goat posted:

It’s there and it’s bad but it’s also a pretty real reflection of the time period. If Survivor is a social experiment than it’s struggles with homophobia, misogyny, and racism have all been pretty representative of society’s over these years.

Agreed. It's also super encouraging to see how much people can grow and change. I was mortified when I went back and watched Amazon at the way Rob C was acting but then you look at who he is now and how he talks to his guests and it's just so nice seeing how he turned that whole Stifler vibe around.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Nihonniboku posted:

that particular word was absolutely all over this very forum at that time too.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Fast Luck posted:

that particular word was absolutely all over this very forum at that time too.

I actually ducked out of the Survivor threads here for a few seasons, I remember the HvHvH season, there was a ton of misogyny here, particularly directed at Chrissy.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I thought this thread liked Chrissy? But in '00-01 the f slur was basically a catchphrase on somethingawful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Fast Luck posted:

I thought this thread liked Chrissy? But in '00-01 the f slur was basically a catchphrase on somethingawful.

I loved her. Maybe other people did too, but I dipped out probably midseason because there were some very vocal, misogynistic posts about her week after week. I recalled people being head over heels for Ben at the time.