Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think there needs to be a big elaborate OP for this or anything since the game's already out, but it got kinda drowned out in the switch thread. :effort:

I'm sorta torn on NMH3 despite liking it. Not that the previous games (especially TSA) were exactly grounded, but it's a little... too over the top? The fact it doesn't continue on from TSA is kinda weird, like Mr. Doppleganger got kinda hyped up and he just gives one random sidequest? I din't think there's a bonus fight either. Badman and Bad Girl basically don't matter, Dan Smith never appears as far as I can tell, I guess it introduces Kamui being friends with Travis?

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Sep 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Bringing this back from the dead, since I've been playing it. I'm up to what I think is the endgame, and I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with this entry, especially after TSA, which I really enjoyed.

- I'm playing on Hard and combat is just an utter slog. Some of the bosses are still fun but normal mooks are just HP sponges. The attack upgrades don't scale nearly high enough to keep up with the added health enemies get, to the point where an entire light combo would just take off a single pixel of health for some enemies, it's insane. I appreciate the added enemy variety in what they can do but I do miss the human enemies, hearing the banter from the human enemies was a lot of fun, never got tired of hearing "MY SPLEEN" as I cut a guy in half or the big fat guys asking if I was having trouble in my virtual world
- Only 1 beam katana? Really? More options would have brought some much needed variety to the fighting
- Confused as to why they brought back the "open world" stuff that they took out in 2, now there's 6 worthless hubs to drive around in and waste my time. Can't even jump at will on the bike, lame
- Story is... hit and miss. Some moments made me laugh a lot, Jeanne's voice is incredible, but it feels like the writing has taken a complete nosedive after the first 3 bosses. It's also really, really poorly translated, like half these conversations are incomprehensible, but not on purpose like Suda's usual intent, because the translation is just awful.

I'll stick with it till the ending but I was hoping for a better effort from Suda here