Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

SaberToothedPie posted:

I just really feel like this needs posting due to stab's boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gexIBfOE9BM

Holy poo poo. That worked marriage is shoot fixed, i'd say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

DLC Inc posted:

I miss El Lindamann and T-Hawk, they had some very cool matches in the before-times of AEW to pad out their first few shows

They just challenged Purple Haze for the All Asia Tag Titles in All Japan and are mainstays for 2021 New Promotion of the Year GLEAT.

Watch GLEAT, it's great

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

luchadornado posted:

Dan Lambert should manage Brian Cage in a new faction called "the gently caress off my TV"

Cage in a trios with Page and Sky would kind of own

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/GarciaWrestling/status/1437908916277493763?s=20
https://twitter.com/GarciaWrestling/status/1437903626802958355?s=20

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Finally revenge for the Mox's after 2.0 was being so disrespectful to Renee and the baby!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love this nerd-rear end company.

Would love to see Leyla beat Jade but not expecting it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

yea ok posted:

the fokin suzuki incident

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

They just challenged Purple Haze for the All Asia Tag Titles in All Japan and are mainstays for 2021 New Promotion of the Year GLEAT.

Watch GLEAT, it's great

When's the next Lidet UWF show?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!
At the risk of sounding all Pollyanna-esque here but as of right now there really isn't anything about AEW I don't like. Even when I was grumbling about the Max Caster rap (we all know the specific one), it was mainly because dude very clearly has "money" written all over him, and I think a lot of us feel he's capable of better than that, as opposed to "this guy stinks, get him off my TV".

And I won't cry if Johnny Gargano ends up in AEW, as long as The IIconics/IInspiration also get signed :colbert:

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

AEW continues to run simple tv angles but have many layers of complexity if you decide to go down the Dark/BTE/Sammy Vlog hole.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

At the risk of sounding all Pollyanna-esque here but as of right now there really isn't anything about AEW I don't like. Even when I was grumbling about the Max Caster rap (we all know the specific one), it was mainly because dude very clearly has "money" written all over him, and I think a lot of us feel he's capable of better than that, as opposed to "this guy stinks, get him off my TV".

And I won't cry if Johnny Gargano ends up in AEW, as long as The IIconics/IInspiration also get signed :colbert:

there's a decent amount of stuff i don't like on and about aew but like that VoW tweet says, TK and aew literally saved american wrestling and are just so fun, + running on all cylinders. it pays to be elite, bay bay

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The Cincinnati Mutejob

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Is mysteries Movado actually Dr Luther in a mask?

Malcolm Excellent fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 15, 2021

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

You missed the Terry Funk face on Eddie's shirt

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

holy poo poo.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

karmicknight posted:

Jade Cargill is going to lose to Leyla Hirsch.

What's great is that AEW has had like 3 or 4 hometown shows all have hometown people win in the past month or so. Which means they have set up in fans mind that there is a non-zero chance Leyla wins.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

I like the one with the crazy eyes. Also, when it's printed like that, do you pronounce it "Tupointo"?

I'm just teasing Cage. He's fun to watch, but it's on him to take his game to the next level. Lambert is poison though. It's been weeks of him yelling at clouds - poo poo or get off the pot, old man.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Gdhdbsbsjfdbsnnds

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Shard posted:

What's great is that AEW has had like 3 or 4 hometown shows all have hometown people win in the past month or so. Which means they have set up in fans mind that there is a non-zero chance Leyla wins.

The only two scenarios I will accept on Wednesday are Leyla winning, or Leyla dragging Jade to an actual good 10+ minute match. The latter seems wildly improbable but would be pretty cool.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Ganso Bomb posted:

yeah that's pretty true

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Abroham Lincoln posted:

yeah that's pretty true

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ya'll wild lol

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

karmicknight posted:

When's the next Lidet UWF show?

Not until 9th October. Still waiting for G Prowrestling Ver.3 to air too

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

The stuff of nightmares

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Leyla should beat Jade because unbeaten streaks are boring crap to build anything out of, especially with wrestlers that need as much seasoning as Jade, and you get a perfect money feud for Jade when she's champ, and hell Leyla would probably even be ready to hold the title by then

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Andy Williams is in great shape

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

now someone do it to Dan Lambert

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Andy Williams is in great shape

yeah it's crazy to look at him now vs a year and a half ago

honestly you wonder about the behind the scenes stuff at AEW because that is true of so many regulars. they've obviously got a real fitness culture going on there

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I can't think of much that AEW has done that I really haven't liked. Even the 'bad' things are relatively minor and can be overlooked, and even then if something is really bad they usually try to spin it around into something better.

Like, off the top of my head, the only thing they've done that REALLY upset me was doing the Nightmare Collective bullshit during Riho vs. Stat, a match I was really looking forward to, but thankfully they realized they hosed up and got rid of the Collective not long after.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I really recommend tonight's Dark's main event. Leyla and Kylin both brought a whole new energy. I think Hirsch can beat up Jade now.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

stab posted:

The stuff of nightmares

Show it to the boys. Really get in their heads before the match

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

MorningMoon posted:

I really recommend tonight's Dark's main event. Leyla and Kylin both brought a whole new energy. I think Hirsch can beat up Jade now.

don't post tall leyla

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

don't post tall leyla

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Protect Jade at all costs, she could be the next Attitude Era Chyna (In the good way) without exposing how green she is. That means she'd probably have to be involved with a faction so she isn't gunning for the women's championship and taking losses. She has the look and the charisma, the wrestling will come to her.

Hirsch is on the other side though, let her wrestle everyone, she'll be over even if she loses because she's a budding Kurt Angle. If we weren't in a pandemic I'd say ship her off to Japan because her grappling/armature wrestling style is top notch and I'd love to see her against someone like Yamashita or Nakajima from TJPW that have their own wrestling style and the three of them could learn so much from each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

That’s completely rear end backwards, Leyla’s already worked in stardom and is good now. Jade is the one who would benefit from working Japan and getting her ringwork up to par against a bunch of different styles.