Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Sydney Bottocks posted:

So what I'm gathering is that AEW definitely should or shouldn't expand their TV time, but that people also don't want to watch their YT shows, to see the talent that doesn't get TV time because right now they only have 3 hours on TV, but also that they shouldn't have to watch those shows which are currently completely optional, but also they shouldn't relegate people to those shows, which they do because they only have 3 hours of TV, and that BBT doesn't know what he's doing because the women's division isn't getting enough love even though they've been very prominently featured in recent weeks on TV

Did I miss anything

E: oh and also Britt Baker drinking with with Jericho and talking to BBT apparently translates to "drunk on the job"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cc6mMwysI8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Chain restaurants are fine when you want something that you know and are used to. If you're like, out of town or something you don't want to risk going to a local place you don't know or haven't heard of and not liking the food, y'know?

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

for people who want the full tnt experience just watch this like 6 times in a row

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D7hawTDmJk

I want an Oreo shake now.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

My Lovely Horse posted:

Andrade vs. PAC was great. I think I like Andrade now. Not least for the little moment where he went into the railing, saw the kids right behind it and did a quick "whoa, you okay" gesture. :3:

Andrade is a good dude.

https://twitter.com/AndradeElIdolo/status/1436842277318676483

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

CopywrightMMXI posted:

There’s about 20-30 names on the roster that you could pull out any two of their names from a hat and they could have an awesome main event on Dynamite or rampage.

Taboo Tuesday ppv but instead of fans voting on what they want to see, it's just three hours of TK pulling out random names and stips and sending them down to the ring.

"Alright, the next match is...John Silver...versus Shawn Spears...in a bullrope match? Yeah sure, y'all got fifteen minutes, go out there and give me a banger."

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I’m watching the matrix for the first time, AEW should have a Matrix themed wrestler

It's been done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgKTB2XpdiY

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Actually wait give the Best Friends the Matrix gimmick just so they can recreate this video:

https://twitter.com/juicelessadriel/status/1435278162393456641?s=20

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Astro7x posted:

This company’s success hinges on their next TV deal. If they continue to gain momentum they’ll do great. I don’t know who else would compete for the rights to Dynamite and Rampage though with NBCU and Fox tied to WWE. Turner feels like the best possible fit for cable though. They seem to just let them do what they want to do. There were some rumblings about them not liking the surprise debuts so it could be announced to pop a rating, but they sure haven’t announced any debut in recent memory that would indicate that’s an issue.

TNT wasn't upset about surprise debuts, they were upset specifically about STING of all people being a surprise debut.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

*monkey paw finger curls as Ashley Flair Is All Elite graphic appears on the timeline*

I don't want her in AEW, but when Charlotte actually cares and is motivated she can put on a good show. Honestly, I wouldn't be upset if she made a couple of appearances just to see what she could do and to see if the backstage environment is a good influence on her and gets her to stop with her usual bullshit.

But it's never going to happen because lol she's never leaving the 'E.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

the escape goat posted:

Ah, the female Randy Orton / Brock attitude. definitely need that around.

Endless Mike posted:

The only time she cares and is motivated is when she knows she's winning, is the problem.

Hence the part where I said 'see if the AEW locker room would be a good influence on her'. :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Nea posted:

I liked cage a ton in lucha underground and i want to like him here. please learn to make a promo and get a gimmick cage. solicit pitches for your new bit from your coworkers. you have a weird fascinating body and a strange aura please emphasize those. I'm the one and only brian cage fan, so please, do good for me, brian

I've been a fan of Brian Cage ever since he ripped the Lucha Underground title in half. I like the guy a whole lot, I really do.

I just, y'know...need him to log off and go talk to Tony Khan about his problems, because this passive-aggressive tweeting thing just ain't doing it, fam.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

At the risk of sounding all Pollyanna-esque here but as of right now there really isn't anything about AEW I don't like. Even when I was grumbling about the Max Caster rap (we all know the specific one), it was mainly because dude very clearly has "money" written all over him, and I think a lot of us feel he's capable of better than that, as opposed to "this guy stinks, get him off my TV".

And I won't cry if Johnny Gargano ends up in AEW, as long as The IIconics/IInspiration also get signed :colbert:

I can't think of much that AEW has done that I really haven't liked. Even the 'bad' things are relatively minor and can be overlooked, and even then if something is really bad they usually try to spin it around into something better.

Like, off the top of my head, the only thing they've done that REALLY upset me was doing the Nightmare Collective bullshit during Riho vs. Stat, a match I was really looking forward to, but thankfully they realized they hosed up and got rid of the Collective not long after.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Tampa Bae posted:

Protect Jade at all costs, she could be the next Attitude Era Chyna (In the good way) without exposing how green she is. That means she'd probably have to be involved with a faction so she isn't gunning for the women's championship and taking losses. She has the look and the charisma, the wrestling will come to her.

She's said that Chyna is one of her influences and one of her favorites, so yeah, I can see that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dacap posted:

So what you’re saying is they should give Jade a pyro bazooka

If they gave Jade a pyro bazooka, I would mark so hard that Triple H would end up cutting a promo on me and my friend.