Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

FakePoet posted:

For how fast it was, it shouldn't look that fluid.

It's like, if a wrestling move could trigger the uncanny valley effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

I really enjoyed the Andrade/PAC match (as did everyone). Obviously PAC is great, but Andrade really impressed me a lot—I am actively looking forward to seeing more of his matches going forwards. I know some people are down on the finish, but I liked it.

The number one rule of fantasy booking AEW seems to be Tony Khan is better at this than you are”, so I’m sure they could have made any result work, but it feels like a situation where booking a clean win either way causes problems.

If Andrade loses clean, I think that shoves him down the card fairly badly, because it sort of makes him look stupid. You can take losses in AEW without losing all your momentum, but that kind of requires an established record which Andrade doesn’t have yet. Even a really close match like we got would only really go so far. And O think he wouldn’t have a clear direction after that.

If PAC loses, that hurts Death Triangle, and dammit Death Triangle deserves some time to be Death Triangle uninterrupted by outside factors. And I feel like beating PAC clean is reserved for top main eventers, and it absolutely is not time to push Andrade to that level.

The interference finish lets you turn Andrade face, set up a rematch that Andrade can more safely lose now that we’ve seen it go the other way, and gives some good Death Triangle time (Lucia Bros being face but holding off the refs because gently caress you Chavo is great).

It's one of those fortunate situations for me because I would have been infuriated if this happened on the PPV, but it being forced to TV and the whole "Chavo hosed with PAC's travel, Andrade wants to fight him" segment set this up perfectly without drawing stuff out. Sure it's a gently caress finish but it's a gently caress finish at the start of free TV that shows Andrade is a sleazeball but a competitive one and PAC is a bastard with honour. They had a killer match and everyone walked away looking good.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

El Generico posted:

I do not get why people go to chain sit-down restaurants

At least fast food is cheap but chain sit-downs are consistently worse than local sit-downs in every way

For a lot of folks it's more due to upbringing and Samefoods. Get raised on chain sit downs they become a reliable go to when you can't think of anything specific with what the brain connects as comfort food.

That's not to say folks shouldn't go local, but folks stick with what makes them feel safe.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

I will happily eat crow on Andrade, I was genuinely concerned he'd lost his mojo after the AAA match with Kenny but I was wrong, dude is good.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Long-Time Lurker posted:

That match was dope though.

No question it was good, and I enjoyed the hell out of it but it never felt like Andrade got into high gear. Maybe that was just the booking, but my assumption was either a) He still had Fed stink or b) he couldn't go past what we saw.

Tonight I saw that my concerns were unfounded and dude is great.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Andrade checking on those kids after hitting the barrier was such a nice touch. Dude is a sleazebag, he's arrogant and he's not above playing a little dirty, but he doesn't want to hurt kids and he hates when other people do the dirty work for him. A villain you can respect, even if you can't actually like him.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

MorningMoon posted:

I would deffo lean with Cage being a gentle, sexy giant. Pair him with... *throws darts* you know what? pair him with the Martin brothers as their third. Big, dumb, himbo dad. When the kids are down because they didn't win a big match, he cuts a stale, lame promo... about how they should be powerbombing Nick Comoroto while Dante and Darius look at each other's noodle arms. HFO starts messing with his boys? He'll slam TH2 into each other.

Welp that's going into my TEW game.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Considering her match at Empowerrr I've come to the conclusion that Leyla/Jade is going to be a decent match and Leyla can carry Jade to a decent 5-10 minute performance. I think Leyla should win, mostly because she's got some real shine right now and would be a great choice for a short Britt program (and I like the idea of Leyla gets the win as a foreshadowing down the line when Jade has the belt).

But I totally understand if they want to give Jade the win, Leyla will look like a star even with a loss and Jade benefits from wins.

Damnit I love when I can't predict the booking because I can see the benefits of both outcomes.

VV Fixed

Renaissance Spam fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 15, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

:perfect: