Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I guess if you have like six new people coming in at once you gotta spend some time setting up what they're gonna be about, but good god what an exhausting amount of promos. Feels like they had to cut short both Hobbs/Martin and Moxley/Suzuki.

So glad they're having MJF get involved with someone other than Jericho though. That was almost the most promising thing of the whole show.

Man if they're really having Hook have his debut match against Punk they gotta think the world of the kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

- The continuing antics of MMA Grandpa (the white one, not Suzuki). Yeah the dude can cut promos when he wants to, but he's just going over the same two talking points now and it doesn't feel like it's building up to anything so it just feels like a waste of time. I'm sure they have an end goal in sight (and I'd love it if that end goal was Archer and Suzuki just slapping him to pieces) but it doesn't FEEL like it.
Fantasy booking time: I'd use this to build towards Men of the Year vs. say, Punk/Danielson. The guys who hate AEW vs. the guys who proclaim how awesome AEW is at every turn. Would also elevate Scorpio and Ethan, as well as give the superstars a little something to do before gunning straight for the main event scene, which I'd personally prefer. The only trouble is that matchup has only one possible outcome even on paper :v:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

I missed like 90% of that backstage segment so I think I missed the ice bag thing. You'd think he could use that giant hair as some kind of helmet or shield to keep people from battering his face.
Griff wouldn't muscle in on Marcus Kross' gimmick like that.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Oh dang Griff and Marcus Kross are actually training buddies and former tag team partners, I didn't even know.

was gonna say please don't break up the Varsity Blondes but now I feel like if you do, sign Marcus and let them join up again as a hair-themed team

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

6 months ago:
Tonight STING SPEAKS!
AEW fan: lol no

Today:
Tonight CM PUNK SPEAKS!
AEW fan: hoo boy will he ever

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Rarity posted:

Smh Max isn't even writing his own bars, the gimmick is ruined
I swear if it turns out Julia wrote all her own pussy lines

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Stop saying snowflakes you keep making me think Dan Lambert cut another promo.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Andrade vs. PAC was great. I think I like Andrade now. Not least for the little moment where he went into the railing, saw the kids right behind it and did a quick "whoa, you okay" gesture. :3:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I spent far too long looking at that graphic thinking "weird Trios but what the hell, sure"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Luther and SERPENTICO figures when?
A complete Luther with Serpentico will fetch a pretty penny in 20 years, everyone always loses the tiny accessories.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Stab I'm sorry for your loss

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Abroham Lincoln posted:

yeah that's pretty true

I miss Bear Country

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Guillermus posted:

The only two ways you can eat trash all day and stay fit when getting close are: a loving hell of a fast metabolism or train for stuff like Ironman triathlons. I have none of these so I have to train and eat clean. For a wrestler that is used to train and eat clean, a long tour is just hell. At least AEW's schedule is not that harsh to keep up with a proper diet.
or the third way: you can be Butcher and just carry half-eaten wraps around without a care in the world.

Okay: I know the ratings are a storytelling tool and I appreciate them for it, and Ruby is awesome, but I don't think you should get to be in there with one match under your belt. Not for any sort of internal consistency, just it kinda gives the game away.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You have a very good point there and I clean forgot all about that

... personally I would make a special spot on the regular rankings graphic for cases like that but at that point it becomes a design question more than anything :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If I was a day one homegrown AEW regular I'd hopefully be understanding of the marketing department showing me and my buddies just who is selling the tickets these days.