Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

fez_machine posted:

There's also the Chris Harrington (AEW's 1st employee) sheet.

https://twitter.com/mookieghana/status/1432087135968968714

there have been a huge number of matches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
3 matches and a bunch of promos seems about right. Scuttlebutt is that the Andrade / PAC match delivers, so I'm excited. And with FITE I don't need to worry about any silly commercials.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Double or Nothing and All Out seem like the big PPVs to me.

SonicRulez posted:

I imagine Dark and Elevation don't cost much to tape. They just need some way to get reps on the folks like Julia and Hobbs who have it, but not IT.

I think it's also about building up their video library with content for a few years down the road when they decide to put together some kind of streaming platform.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Shard posted:

If AEW ever does get into the streaming service business - please god do not offer the ppvs on it. Just put every show on it and update it after each new episode.

what I think I want more than anything is the ability to go right to a match. FITE isn't great for that, and they don't do that for Dark either. I'd love to just be able to search by wrestler and pull out specific matches for a rewatch.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I saw this article come up on someone’s Twitter feed earlier, and thought it did a great job of explaining why the Tall Paul / QT match was on the All Out card and why the wrestlers did a good job in that spot. Pretty quick read.

https://www.fanbyte.com/wrestling/paul-wight-qt-marshall-and-the-art-of-the-cooldown-match/

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

neoaxd posted:

when you lose a fifa match the winner should be allowed to execute their finisher on the loser imo
this will solve their "too much talent" issue

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DLC Inc posted:

I miss El Lindamann and T-Hawk, they had some very cool matches in the before-times of AEW to pad out their first few shows

I was just thinking about them. They were great and I miss them too.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Shard posted:

What's great is that AEW has had like 3 or 4 hometown shows all have hometown people win in the past month or so. Which means they have set up in fans mind that there is a non-zero chance Leyla wins.

The only two scenarios I will accept on Wednesday are Leyla winning, or Leyla dragging Jade to an actual good 10+ minute match. The latter seems wildly improbable but would be pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Andy Williams is in great shape

yeah it's crazy to look at him now vs a year and a half ago

honestly you wonder about the behind the scenes stuff at AEW because that is true of so many regulars. they've obviously got a real fitness culture going on there