Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
DUSTIN VS BLACK 26 18.31%
HAYTER VS RUBY 27 19.01%
PINNACLE VS DARK ORDER 7 4.93%
HOBBS VS DANTE 48 33.80%
MOX VS SUZUKI 34 23.94%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DeathChicken posted:

I appreciated most of the women in the battle royal getting to do a Pulp Fiction promo on where they are going forward. AEW could do with more of those

Yeah, if there's one thing I'd love to see a current company steal from ECW (and do well) it'd be that style of multi-promo thing. Get Miserlou and go all the way, Tony!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I showed my partner Sour Boy the other day and now it's all she cares about in regards to The Good Brothers. She doesn't like Gallows' tiny red face or use of the word "dangly". She only wants Sour Boy.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cerebral Bore posted:

Actually I think you'll find that Sour Boy is canonically the absolute worst bar none.

jimminy kwickets it's not his fauwt!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A Fancy Hat posted:

When Bryan locked in the LeBell Lock I yelled out "LeBell lock!" when JR (I think) said "ARMBAR!" My wife looked at me and I almost had the nerdiest moment of my life telling her that I was actually right and the pro wrestling announcer was wrong.

"Was that a Flatliner?!"

Not even close, Tony, but I still love ya.

Excal is maybe the person/thing about AEW that's most obviously missing when he's not there. You can build shows around wrestlers not being there or other announcers or whatever, but the show sounds and feels completely different when he's not there. I did appreciate Taz singing along to "Ruby Soho", though, and the picture-in-picture banter was pretty fun. Tony and Taz went on this tangent about how every wrestler in Team Taz (and then Darius Martin) were all handsome and JR was like, "ALL RIGHT, SENIOR CITIZEN TIME IS OVER" or something at some point and it was good stuff.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

El Gallinero Gros posted:

For me, one of the weird things is how Taz goes in and out of being very civil and even-handed with people on commentary and then changes on a dime. It's jarring.

Taz having the shortest fuse in AEW makes total sense to me. Like, he got so pissed off at Punk and Punk didn't even mention Team Taz in his promo – he mentioned it in a tweet months ago! It's like he suddenly realized nobody was talking about Team Taz and he flipped out.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

One thing I really appreciate about Taz on commentary during Team Taz matches is that when his guys get in trouble he switches into this mode of "Okay, now I'm worried" and starts to get more on edge. Really helps sell the fact that while he loves his guys and believes in them, that everyone else in AEW is also very good and could pull off an upset at any time.

Speaking of Team Taz, was Hobbs okay last night? Seemed like he got knocked a bit loopy and wasn't all there the last minute or so of the match.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

projecthalaxy posted:

I like that they're putting his promos in skyboxes now instead of the ring because like all boomers he needs a safe space

Harder for people to get to the skybox so when he does the "if there's anyone tough in the back who wants to fight us, come fight us" line and nobody shows up, he can say it's because everyone else is a chump. If he was in the ring, everyone would have a direct line to him!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Le Saboteur posted:

Looks like not everybody's happy with the new hires pushing them down the card. https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1435214062795829252?s=19

Also... they didn't get pushed down the card for new names coming in. Wasn't the match delayed because of PAC's travel issues? Were they supposed to just wait until November to do it at another PPV? Put it on the new show, make it continue to feel as important as Dynamite, and build the night around it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

Either Rampage needs another hour or they need to structure Dynamite better. Its definitely jam packed, which I appreciate, but there are moments that need a bit more time to settle in before moving on to the next segment. Everything feels a bit rushed and thats not just from cutting Kaze Ni Nare.

Agreed, a lot of post-match stuff could have hung a little longer or at least been tied up by the commentators instead of just kind of haphazardly going "Now here's a video about this other thing!".

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MorningMoon posted:

I'm just chucking it on it being teh post-ppv Dynamite, so they're setting up new angles, continuing the fallout, and this time around giving mic time to three of the biggest names in american pro wrestling.

Yeah, it's definitely this. They wanted to hit the ground running to get started on new storylines, but maybe didn't need to do them ALL tonight. A lot of the packages were pretty short, but they do add up.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Agreed with most of the takes on Cage. He's fun to watch but not a compelling babyface in any way. He's better as a cocky heel who can throw dudes around while someone else does his talking for him. I get the goal with the Team Taz split, but the only guy in the group who can carry themselves promo-wise is Ricky and he should also not be a babyface (though he has enough charisma to probably excel as a face).

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm pretty stoked so many people have outright said the Inner Circle/Pinnacle feud is over. Sammy said it point blank on his vlog, Santana & Ortiz said they were done with FTR & Pinnacle on Dynamite, and MJF is shifting into a whole new mini-feud with Pillman. I doubt it's the last we see of Jericho/MJF, but it is truly refreshing to see all of Pinnacle moving into feuds with people who aren't in a group at all.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

explosivo posted:

Right, but the version on TV last night was even less finished than the one on Youtube. Can't wait to hear the final version.

I haven't listened to the track myself but I thought I read that the lyrics were about "you're gonna get your fuckin head kicked in"? Maybe there's a TV version and a PPV version.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Pylons posted:

Card for the A-show:

Maybe interesting that the graphic for Pillman has Julia with him but not Griff. Wonder if they're winding them down as a team but keeping them as a stable, or if they just didn't want a lopsided graphic.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

Griff got the poo poo kicked out of him by Wardlow two days ago

Didn't he kind of get his rear end kicked about as much as Pillman? And wasn't he with Pillman in the back later on?

I don't think it's a big deal at all, just curious if it means anything or is just a better visual graphic to have two people on each side.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

rantmo posted:

He took the Dynamite Diamond Ring to the head and then had a bag of ice slung at his face, it's a much more serious injury.

I missed like 90% of that backstage segment so I think I missed the ice bag thing. You'd think he could use that giant hair as some kind of helmet or shield to keep people from battering his face.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

AsInHowe posted:

Move All Out to America's greatest city, Detroit

Kevin Nash's advertising company could handle all of the promotional work, this is a win-win

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

FakePoet posted:

They should get each a copy of these and do some promo photos, it'd be pretty funny; also great.

Alternatively (better yet, additionally), have Kenny in the ring calling out Lulu going full on "who the hell do you think you are?" promo.

I don't know why the idea makes me laugh, but it does.

She'll smack him in the head with that giant pencil like he did to Mox with the microphone and pin him to become the new AEW Champion

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I wonder if this is it for Chavo, or if he begs forgiveness, or if he recruits his own new guy to seek revenge on Andrade. I like the wrinkle of Andrade wanting to win, but not at all costs and not by cheating.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I saw the names and thought they ruled then saw the video and knew they did.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MassRafTer posted:

Dave is right that Omega vs Danielson is a money program which is why it should be in Queens in front of AEW's biggest gate of all time and ensure they get 20,000 fans in the building which is very important to me, a fanboy.

Haven't they already basically sold that place out? I'd imagine if you're doing a match that big, you do it in a big place where you haven't already sold a bunch of tickets.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

BTE flounders for me some weeks but as long as 2.0 has the BTE Title, BTE is officially going to be the A Show.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

https://twitter.com/CMPunk/status/1437259161885159425

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

That Cage promo would probably be good in the hands of someone who can deliver it well, varies their speaking speed, and who takes breaths every now and then.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I want Queen Aminata on every show

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cage would be fine with the Brock template of coming in, wrecking dudes, and having someone do all of his talking for him. As a heel. Never a face.

Gargano in AEW does nothing for me right now. Lots of good memories of him in NXT but he, as others have said, became kind of a parody of himself and NXT to the point of souring on him all together.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

60 seconds in and this is maybe the best vlog all month out of all of them. I love Sting being up for this goofy poo poo.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love this nerd-rear end company.

Would love to see Leyla beat Jade but not expecting it.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

You missed the Terry Funk face on Eddie's shirt

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Abroham Lincoln posted:

yeah that's pretty true

That's more like it. Multiple Terry Funks fighting forever.

Forever!

Forever!

Forever!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

Apparently this is a constant problem even for wrestlers that don't have dietary needs. LIke people would always poo poo on the Big Show for getting out of shape, going away and coming back ripped only to get flabby again but like....what the hell are you supposed to do when you're driving around the middle of Bumfuck County, USA six days a week 52 weeks a year nonstop basically living in hotels more often than you're at home and so you have to live on fast food and catering?

It makes the whole personal tour bus thing make even more sense other than just wanting to be able to be comfortable in your own space. If you've got your own bus with a fridge and even a tiny mobile kitchen, at least you can stock up on actual good foods to eat and cook on the road.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

A Fancy Hat posted:

That 2011 champion photo with Cody, Bryan, Punk Ryder, Kofi, Beth Phoenix, and Evan Bourne was such a high point for me in my love of wrestling. At the time I was so drat excited for all of them, thinking that we were on the ground floor for a fresh new wave of wrestling.

It turns out we were, it just took WWE grossly mishandling every single one of them so badly that wrestlers and the general public were clamoring for an alternative.

Yeah, that was a big feel-good moment/time for me because it felt like maybe they were finally, actually listening and were going to push the people fans wanted to see. Then, one by one, that picture got updated with red exes on everybody's face as they lost their belts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Jonny Nox posted:

Zodiark is a WWE name :colbert:

More a WCW name than anything else. Ed Leslie had a lot of gimmicks.