Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I was trying real hard to be excited for this, but the news of everything being card-based just completely destroyed my actual interest. I'll probably still give it a go just because I love XCOM so much but goddamn way to loving fire a full clip into even my relatively low expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, the leaks and such really did it a disservice by making everyone think it was Marvel XCOM when it clearly is just more of a board-game like card strategy thing with a heavily tailored narrative. Maybe it isn't even very replayable.

I still don't think it looks massively appealing but I'll give it a chance anyway. I wish they would just confirm XCOM 3 already though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Several larger games have gotten delayed twice this year, I would venture a lot of it is due to post-covid struggles and possibly maybe (hopefully?) trying to avoid crunch.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

https://opencritic.com/game/13373/marvels-midnight-suns/reviews

Reviews are out. Mostly everyone seems high on the gameplay, but divided on the story. Depends on how into comics poo poo you are, because there's a LOT of it, apparently.

E.g. one review is describing a whole 10 minute long superhero book club scene. Hope it's well-written!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The way the Skillup guy is describing all the story scene as pointless faffing about with discussions about yoga and fishing and being buds just makes me think that's the exact kinda poo poo I want lol. We'll see if it actually pans out, I can definitely tell that they didn't prioritize dynamic animations here, so maybe it gets a bit too visually dry, but it still sounds like a fun romp like the GOTG game.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 30, 2022