Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I was into the original Midnight Sons roster back when that first became a thing in the 90's, and I've enjoyed all the recent XCOM games, especially Chimera Squad. So yeah, mark me down as interested in seeing where this goes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

Yeah, the leaks and such really did it a disservice by making everyone think it was Marvel XCOM when it clearly is just more of a board-game like card strategy thing with a heavily tailored narrative. Maybe it isn't even very replayable.

Based on what we've seen so far, I think the replayability factor is going to be based around doing different builds with the customizable OC, and which characters you choose to hang out with during downtime between plot beats.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Dorkopotamis posted:

before you try to retaliate: I don't like anything. I'm untouchable.

Dorkopotamis posted:

Big fan of Jake

:thunk:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Finally got my hands on this game and have been playing through the early bits and enjoying it a lot, despite having seen basically the entire story through watching an LP of it on YouTube.

Still a fun game so far. Planning to do a Light-side run first, since I've already seen a Dark-side run.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Hulk Smash! posted:

FYI Storm DLC is live on Steam. 19.3 GB

Live on Playstation, too, currently waiting for it to download.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Speaking of Storm, I found a fun interaction between her and my Light-side Hunter last night.

Crushing Blow's Next Turn effect is cumulative, so every turn it sits in your hand, both the damage and heroism cost increase. But if you reduce its cost to 0 with Inspire, then it stays at 0, even if you keep it in your hand and let the Next Turn triggers continue to stack on it.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Game: Hey, this hero has a request for you to join a hangout that they love with them!
Me: Okay, cool, be happy to.
Also Game: There's nobody who's free to hangout tonight/there are people who want to hangout with you, but none of them are the one needed to fulfill the request.

I'm pretty sure I'm approaching double digits on how many times this request has expired because I haven't been able to hangout with the person who made the request. I'm fairly certain the AI is doing this to spite me at this point. :argh:

On an unrelated note, (DLC story stuff): I'm endlessly amused by Eddie's investigation into Dracula and the new breed vampyres and all the insane conspiracy poo poo he keeps coming up with, to the point where I'm continuing to encourage it just to see what else he comes up with. :allears:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Venom's upgraded Legendary is loving bonkers.

Had a "Kill Vampyres" mission led by Venom that was labeled as Hard, took him, the Hunter and Nico. Opening hand has Assimilation+ in it, so I figure, "What the hell, let's see how far we can take this."

Venom proceeded to basically solo the entire map in a single turn. The only things I played that weren't his cards or items were my Hunter's two Inspires, one of which is modded to give +1 Move for the turn, the other modded to redraw the last attack played. I think I may have had Nico shove someone or use an environmental attack at some point?

But uh, yeah, Assimilation. Busted as hell. :stare:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Stockpile bonus redraws in the first half of the mission (Iron Man is good at this if you don't have any mods in your deck to provide redraws, otherwise pack a Greater Clarity Charm item card for 3 free extra redraws), then in the second half, prioritize knocking out the guy with the "delay bomb" card and spend all your redraws on it to give you a massive turn buffer to let you deal with Crossbones without having to worry about the bomb going off.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Out of curiosity, what's everyone's take on the various Hunter passives that are unlocked via each of the suits?

I've been doing a Light-path run that hasn't moved off the default "Gain 1 Heroism or 1 Resist at the start of each turn" passive just because nothing else seems really appealing for my current deck. I know that Christopher Odd ended up switching to the "Hunter cards do not Exhaust" passive for his Dark-path run of the game, and was getting great mileage out of being able to reused his modded Free Mindbenders and Annihilation over and over again.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah, this game has some points where it's clear a few event flags were missed in editing. Like my current Light Hunter run where I've been keeping Sara up to date on the status of my collar every time there was a major change with it, only for her to have a dialogue session near the end of the story where she's like, "Why didn't you tell me about this when it happened?"

Or how you can learn the big secret from fully exploring the Abbey by the start of Act 2, only for them to treat it as some shocking revelation on the eve of the final battle when you've known about it for most of the game.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Lammasu posted:

I got Hulk fighting Hunter. He doesn't have a friendship ratting so how does that work?

Since Hulk doesn't have a friendship rating with Hunter, he's basically guaranteed to be picked as one of your three for the fight against the possessed Hunter and never picked for the second half where you're trying to reforge the seals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Lamquin posted:

My one gripe is that even towards the end of the game I just never clicked with certain heroes - the "Taunt and get Block" heroes such as Captain America, Marvel and Wolverine or the "Use environmentals" Spider-Man all felt like they were intended for another kind of game.
Why take a punch when you can "knock out" the puncher. :shobon:

The trick with Captain Marvel is that she's not a "Taunt and Block" character, she's an "activate super mode, then try to avoid losing it" character. Once you've gone Binary, you stay Binary until you lose all of your Block meter. Her kit is balanced around her being in Binary to actually do good damage, so you want to avoid using her Taunt attacks once you're in Binary unless you can guarantee that the target(s) will be KO'd by it. Otherwise you run the risk of the survivors knocking you out of Binary on the enemy turn, causing your damage output to drop.