Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chairchucker posted:

Those are the only heroes announced so far, but there's confirmed to be 3 more to fill the roster out at 13 including the player character, and from some clues, people think we're probs getting Scarlet Witch, Spider Man and Hulk.

lol if spider-man is in... stole what is morbius spot. though if spider-man is in i wonder if that means they would have morbius show up as a villian since spidey knows them :thinking_emoji:

im kinda disappointed in the roster having folks like iron man but whatever it seems like you can mostly ignore them by not bringing em on missions. kinda surprise at the lack of moon knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chairchucker posted:

Later info now suggests probs no Hulk, but Bruce Banner in as an advisor type.

yeah i just don't see them not doing moon knight then? like he is getting a movie so ~~synergy~~ and he is on some forms of the team in the comic.

really what the game needs is elsa bloodstone but that would ever happen lol.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i wish it was like, kaine scarlet spider or something but i mean they are gonna do what sells and spider-man sells

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I don't understand the whole anti card mechanics stuff people keep saying lately with games. Like sure disliking deck building is fine but like the whole anti rng stance is bizzare to me, like randomness is core to a lot of games. Its baked into xcom.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

RatHat posted:

I hope this game has a demo, the combat system is hard to judge without trying yourself

Also I wish they hadn't shoehorned the Avengers in there so they could have more obscure Marvel characters. There's one unannounced who I assume is Moon Knight but Elsa Bloodstone, Werewolf by Night, Dr. Voodoo, Morbius, Hellstrom, ect. would've been nice. I guess Spidey, Wolverine, and one Avenger are fine considering who the villains are(speaking of which it seems like you probably recruit Scarlet Witch after beating her but I wonder if Venom, Hulk, and Sabertooth will be DLC).

EDIT: Oh they got Yuri Lowenthall for Spidey, cool

Someone said earlier there are going to be dlc characters, so hopefully some of those cover those listed. Like I feel like Morbius is a decent bet for that for sure. I think you are on the money for moon knight being the last unannounced if Hulk really is only just in a villian role

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Captain Oblivious posted:

Not all randomness is created equal in a design sense. In XCOM there is randomness yes but every thing about that game is based on knowing what your available actions are how they can be deployed and as such mitigating risk/randomness as much as humanly possible. Mitigation of risk based on known actions. Random actions is a whole other kettle of fish. Not necessarily bad, but not analogous to how XCOM uses randomness either.

Yes, but in this context what was said was just "rng crap"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DrManiac posted:

Please let us meme morbious dlc into existence

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

RatHat posted:

I wish they’d commit more to the Midnight Suns roster rather than just putting in everyone that’s popular

nod nod

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yeah i am only mostly annoyed with deadpool there, everyone else fits the vibe to various degrees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Blockhouse posted:

Deadpool has fought Dracula and married a succubus who was Queen of a literal underground Monster City I think he fits the game

ok nerd!!!