Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

gwrtheyrn posted:

Man sha suzu sure doesnt' want to show up. They are in the gacha right?

They are, yeah. I have her and four 5*s including a known Good Unit, so I'm considering myself set for now unless the game desperately declares that I need to build a Thunder team for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I have done too many pulls to only have one 5 star rolled. But it’s Celtie so I guess it evens out?

Anyway I’d love to try out multiplayer at some point, my player ID is 493927966583 and my game name is Gamblor.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok so my pulls have been poo poo except for the one wind healer but does anyone have a guide that only focuses on 4* teams? The team guide seems to want a 5* but is missing a lot of slots.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Some of the teams have options with 0 gacha 5*s, not that it helps you if you don't have the relevant 3-4* gacha characters or the boss characters that you definitely won't have yet

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I have done too many pulls to only have one 5 star rolled. But it’s Celtie so I guess it evens out?

Anyway I’d love to try out multiplayer at some point, my player ID is 493927966583 and my game name is Gamblor.

So, bad news, Celtie relies on getting a levitate buff to do the big damage that makes her S tier, and the wind healer is kinda necessary to get that buff. Also another character that should drop in like a month to double the up time. She's certainly good if you can retain combo but if you play auto that might be a problem. None of the content right now is that hard though so don't worry about it and she'll be good as things get going

MarcusSA posted:

Ok so my pulls have been poo poo except for the one wind healer but does anyone have a guide that only focuses on 4* teams? The team guide seems to want a 5* but is missing a lot of slots.

So I've started using the following site for my builds in conjunction with the one in the OP: https://wasuku.gamewiki.jp/osusume-hensei/

With that you can more easily see who should be in the leader/leader unison slots and how to build out your team. To answer your actual question, though, Light and Lightning builds can be really really good without needing any 5*s. They can be better with a 5*, but the stand out 5*s in those builds are supports and not your main attacker. I got kinda bored of my wind build so I'm mostly playing a light build now 90% of the time that is not using any 5*s (but I would use Razelt in a supporting main slot if I had him)

Good Citizen fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Sep 12, 2021

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok awesome thanks! That’s gonna take a bit to chew through I see.

Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems like this game heavily favors mono color teams.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Ok awesome thanks! That’s gonna take a bit to chew through I see.

Correct me if I’m wrong but it seems like this game heavily favors mono color teams.

oh hell yeah, outside of certain supports you generally want to be mono element.

What element are you building? Maybe I can help

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

oh hell yeah, outside of certain supports you generally want to be mono element.

What element are you building? Maybe I can help

lol well all of them. I have legit messed things up because I A. Pulled a crap load of 4*s and B. Let the game auto build my teams.

TBF it’s been working ok till the end of chapter 6 haha.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Also someone needs to make a channel for this game in one of the other goon gatcha discord’s we have.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

ha ha, no worries. Just use that site I posted and look at what you have vs what they're using based on what setups seem good with what has been released. Based on my amateur read you're generally shooting for these builds for each element

Fire - Skill damage (Clarice main)
Water - Power flip (Alice or Sonya main)
Lightning - Skill damage (Rams main)
Wind - Skill damage (levitate required)
Light - Skill damage (Ellya main)
Dark - I have literally not hosed with dark and I hear it's rough right now

e: and anecdotal I've been pretty underwhelmed with my fire and water teams and only use them when fighting bosses weak to them in group battles rn

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Also someone needs to make a channel for this game in one of the other goon gatcha discord’s we have.

Could just make a thread on one

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gwrtheyrn posted:

Could just make a thread on one

Yeah I just checked there is already one on the dragalia lost server

https://discord.gg/5rFjHMAN

Could be helpful

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Good Citizen posted:

So, bad news, Celtie relies on getting a levitate buff to do the big damage that makes her S tier, and the wind healer is kinda necessary to get that buff.

There's actually a 4* wind guy who can give everyone Levitate and he's also a cover tank so he does the job well enough if you don't have the healer :eng101:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Mix. posted:

There's actually a 4* wind guy who can give everyone Levitate and he's also a cover tank so he does the job well enough if you don't have the healer :eng101:

who dat

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Aurore, his skill deals damage and gives the party Levitate, and his passive boost his own HP, let him take damage for the others (and reduce incoming thunder damage), and boost the party's atk while Levitated

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

alright what's the priority for boss farming? Is characters (that you want) > uncap mats > weapons the way to go? And I guess the owl EX fight can drop a character, but not the co-op boss?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It seems like ability cores only matter on the main character or that’s the way it’s phrased is that really correct?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

Man sha suzu sure doesnt' want to show up. They are in the gacha right?

I’m glad I’m not the only one suffering from this.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

It seems like ability cores only matter on the main character or that’s the way it’s phrased is that really correct?

That’s my understanding as well.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hy_C posted:

That’s my understanding as well.

Ok glad I’m not alone.

I also did a 10 pull earlier and didn’t get a single new unit. RIP.

Almost have enough saved up for one more so I’m fully expecting sadness again.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Hy_C posted:

I’m glad I’m not the only one suffering from this.

Hi, I recommend complaining then rolling. It works every time, except when it doesn't

I'm at least done rolling for a while since apparently there's a banner in like 4 months that is like a must roll

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Maybe someone can explain this.

I hit the bell and joined a MP match it went great and the owner of the room continued the room but when I got to the next screen it showed I was going to use 1/2 stamina like this

I’ve never seen that before and I wasn’t sure so I did another room and when we continued it showed 0 stamina like it should have.

Is there a mechanic I was missing for the first room?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I think you only use 0 stamina on the run you you directly entered from a bell or if you're mutual follows. I joined one of your runs earlier and it cost stamina because I joined from the boss screen or something

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

gwrtheyrn posted:

I joined one of your runs earlier

I am so sorry my teams are poo poo lol

Also my (probably) last pull wasn’t the worst disappointment. I haven’t looked up that 5* but she’s probably F tier lol

Edit: oh my god I just looked and she is F haha FML

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah I just checked there is already one on the dragalia lost server

https://discord.gg/5rFjHMAN

Could be helpful

I've created a World Flipper section on the Discord server. I've figured most of the game out and I'm usually available on there to answer any questions that y'all have.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Mix. posted:

I asked about her elsewhere and was informed that Eclair is rated much higher in Japan as a unit (a high A tier), and the tier list is skewed/misguided in rating her an F, and upon reading their reasons I kind of agree? People are completely disregarding the fact that she gives your whole team Pierce like Veron, the dark guy rated S tier, but for a shorter duration. This normally would be a problem except her skill gauge is literally the lowest among all the 5*s in the game right now (and apparently still one of the lowest at this point in JP), so she's also useful in a skill damage focused team even if she doesn't provide skill damage buffs herself just because you're going to be using her skill very often on account of how quick it is to refill. Her skill is also an 18-hit one so her self-buffs make her hit really hard if you can connect, and from what I'm reading the AI got improved so she connects much more often on auto than she used to.

Obviously that doesn't mean she should be focused or anything, Razelt is still a much better priority if you want to go light (and Neph is going to be better down the line when we get more units that enable her), but I do feel making her an F doesn't really make sense considering she's not waiting for buffs/enablers like the other F-rated units.

To quote my post from last page, shes not as bad as people are making her out to be shes just not as immediately obvious what strategy to build and people are misjudging her lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

I am so sorry my teams are poo poo lol

Also my (probably) last pull wasn’t the worst disappointment. I haven’t looked up that 5* but she’s probably F tier lol

Edit: oh my god I just looked and she is F haha FML

Elcair is fine if put in a support and added to a character that does AoE on skill.

I really need to make a wind team. I have the big 3 for it but have just leveled all my 5 stars messing around.

Edit: fiddling around and this is my party right now.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 12, 2021

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Mr Hootington posted:

Elcair is fine if put in a support

:wrong:

Eclair is a selfish DPS, you want her as a main party member because of how low her skill weight is (310). You can't take full advantage of her damage potential as a sub-unit, and you'd be better off just not using her altogether rather than using her as a secondary. Good secondaries for her are Rams (because of the skill damage buffs and the fact that Ram's abilities are multiplicative so this actually completely mitigates the fact that Eclair is so selfish with only one primary multiplier) or Corrina (because of the healing to help keep her HP above threshold); ironically, Vyron also works really well because she offsets his skill weight considerably, making him even better and his Pierce much more common.

It's not really explained in-game at all, but skill weight/number is basically the cost of your skill- higher weight means longer time to build meter to use it, but the skill weight of your main and secondary pair are averaged, so Eclair's weight being so low means she can partner with really expensive ones to offset the cost. Because a lot of her damage comes from her being a main unit (and the leader, honestly, of the three 5*s shes probably the best in the leader slot), she's basically not used as a secondary in any comps in JP, whereas she's a viable power flip leader unit, as shown here. This is also part of why some characters end up really bad in the long-run even with buffs and new units releasing, if their skills are too expensive to justify their weight.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Elcair is fine if put in a support and added to a character that does AoE on skill.

I really need to make a wind team. I have the big 3 for it but have just leveled all my 5 stars messing around.

Edit: fiddling around and this is my party right now.

You should lead with Celtie, put the 4* floating wind guy you have on Sha Suzu as your second, and Philia as your third. You have a perfect float team and have basically won the early game already.

E: try to farm an owl from the owl boss, he gives Float and +20% float duration and is super good for a farmable assist.

cirus fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 12, 2021

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

cirus posted:

You should lead with Celtie, put the 4* floating wind guy you have on Sha Suzu as your second, and Philia as your third. You have a perfect float team and have basically won the early game already.

E: try to farm an owl from the owl boss, he gives Float and +20% float duration and is super good for a farmable assist.

Hey thanks I swapped some people around and ended up with this:

I'll swap out the lighting fox lady if I pull the other 5 star wind. That paralyze has been good to me so I want to keep her for now.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

Mr Hootington posted:

Hey thanks I swapped some people around and ended up with this:

I'll swap out the lighting fox lady if I pull the other 5 star wind. That paralyze has been good to me so I want to keep her for now.

looking real good, but personally I'd try swapping your unison subs around, phiria and owlbert both apply float, so it's better to have them on separate skill cooldowns for larger overall buff uptime?

skill "weight" cooldowns average between the two units as well, so for instance my phiria is 537 and owlbert is 587, but if you split them up with someone of lower skill weight, like melese at 490, and move 465 sha suzu over instead, they'll charge faster and bring the cooldowns more in line with the whole team (which is important for co-op when you want to try and fire all three skills in short order to build up to 9 chain)

that's more than enough of a team to clear all the current content, EX and advanced bosses included, so now it's just a matter of farming boss coins to get your wind weapons to replace those world orbs, and getting 5* astral gems to push your cap on celty/phiria

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Throw my player ID in as 296927932863. Not sure how long I'm gonna play this, but my immediate thought is that I'm having a lot more fun playing pinball than I do with most other gacha gameplay. If the game gets some pretty challenging gameplay and interesting teambuilding, I think I could very well be in this for the long haul.

Gotta say though, I'm pretty much allergic to rerolling. I pulled 3 4 stars in my first roll, and that's good enough for me.

Davedave24
Mar 11, 2004

Lacking in love
I've been looking forward to this game because it reminds me a bit of Monster Strike, the first gacha I really got into until they decided to kill it's popularity by removing online multiplayer for some reason

My id is 118827967242

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Game looks interesting but there is no real way of changing region it seems, so i am stuck in Europe.

Why they need to make it so loving difficult to change region is beyond me.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
How does the whole bell system work?
I read that the best way to farm bosses was to watch the bell in the top left for joinable co-op fights but I haven't seen it activate at all so far. I'm only halfway through world 2 though. Is it based on player level, so I won't see a lot until I'm higher level?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

How does the whole bell system work?
I read that the best way to farm bosses was to watch the bell in the top left for joinable co-op fights but I haven't seen it activate at all so far. I'm only halfway through world 2 though. Is it based on player level, so I won't see a lot until I'm higher level?

I think you can only join bosses that you’ve unlocked. Half way through world 2 I’m guessing that would just be the owl and the lich. There’s certainly some activity there but those aren’t the most heavily farmed bosses at the moment. Or maybe group battles are unlocked later in the story? I don’t recall.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I think you see a bell anytime someone you follow opens a co-op boss room that you have access to.

Meaning that you'll see more bells the more friends you have, and also the more boss fights you have unlocked.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

You can open rooms to anyone on the server by selecting the 3rd option while sharing the battle. Idk if anyone does that. The bells are coming less frequently

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

You can open rooms to anyone on the server by selecting the 3rd option while sharing the battle. Idk if anyone does that. The bells are coming less frequently

Yea you can open your game to mutual follows, followers, everyone, or all 3 categories. I’m only following the goons in the second post and I get tons of invites during daytime so people must be clicking that everyone button. It slows down a lot at night though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

So what should I be looking for in terms of sub units for a wind float team outside of the owl? I don’t have rams or the 3* that charges your skill gauge. I threw vyron on celtie for pierce but I don’t know if that’s better than just using another wind unit.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Sep 13, 2021