Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm one scroll away from maltet but out of easy mana boards :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
If I lack both (A) Phiria and (B) the Regitare Godly weapons, am I screwed on being able to run Whitetail Godly?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

My Second Re-Reg posted:

If I lack both (A) Phiria and (B) the Regitare Godly weapons, am I screwed on being able to run Whitetail Godly?

nah, there are some good Soushiro teams that don't use Phiria, so you're not boned missing out on her (Though having units like Kohane and/or Shywe probably would help in that case). You probably will want the Regitare weapons, though, but fortunately there's event rewards for running those stages so you're still making progress even if you're running non-Whitetail stuff :v:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm trying to make something other than a soushiro team and getting nowhere. Is there a viable wind team that isn't SD?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I'm trying to make something other than a soushiro team and getting nowhere. Is there a viable wind team that isn't SD?

The other one is Celtie float combos. It requires more investment than sushi sd though, and is still probably slightly inferior when playing auto. I’m running Celtie but mostly just because I’m bored of sushi and it’s kinda fun seeing how long the ai can string the combo each round. Also white tail godly isn’t that hard so who cares

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

There IS a shell for Power Flip (kinda) but it basically requires you to have at least Leon, preferably also Kohane or Miguel, and you'll need some kind of pierce secondary to pair with Leon to make up for the fact that wind PF is missing most of its best units still :v:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

or run the insane Lou PF team that guy is flexing in the discord

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Mix. posted:

There IS a shell for Power Flip (kinda) but it basically requires you to have at least Leon, preferably also Kohane or Miguel, and you'll need some kind of pierce secondary to pair with Leon to make up for the fact that wind PF is missing most of its best units still :v:

This is what I've been doing actually. Leon lead with Maltet and Adil secondary. Phiria with Owlbert. Miguel with Bulleta. The pierce and float boosts, plus PF boosts from Leon, Miguel, and Bulleta, aren't really doing it. Very tanky team though.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

With a little more thought I realized I don't need a dedicated pierce unit if I have Bulleta and lots of float. She triggers pierce after only 20 combo that stays until float ends. I can keep float up most of the time with Owlbert and Death's Axe. I added Nimbus for more PF damage. Still very tanky but with mediocre damage output because PF doesn't actually trigger much when you're endlessly building combo!

E: Shywe would make this build work, but I don't have her

Fitzy Fitz fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 14, 2022

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Pulled Lakisha.

:getin:

(I also pulled Mizuchi, but I don't know if I should put her on this team if I don't have other poison support; I do have Suizen, but I don't have Saar, and I feel like it'd probably be better to just make a separate poison DA team with Lakisha in a non-leader role if I was gonna do that. Also considering if I should switch the secondaries for Sonia and Lakisha)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I've played around with poison a bit, and there seem to be two distinct builds: poison damage, and increased damage while poison is active. I don't think we have the tools to make a good poison damage team yet because none of the weapons boost it.

Then again, I barely understand how damage is calculated.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

There’s an event quest going on right now that requires you to go back through all the necropolis depths levels and has a 5* stone and some new items behind it. It’s easy to not notice it at first and it’s time limited so maybe do that

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Good Citizen posted:

There’s an event quest going on right now that requires you to go back through all the necropolis depths levels and has a 5* stone and some new items behind it. It’s easy to not notice it at first and it’s time limited so maybe do that

I always hated the Light enemies depths the most. Lumen Golem and King Hermie hit so hard and my nephteam often gets pasted somewhere in the line (on auto)

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Wow, I got both 5-star direct-damage water units on the same pull.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]

AweStriker posted:

I always hated the Light enemies depths the most. Lumen Golem and King Hermie hit so hard and my nephteam often gets pasted somewhere in the line (on auto)

fwiw before I pulled Belsidia I used Quazer, Marianne and Love as a skill damage team that managed to reliably auto it.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This crab is a joke. I'm using a "suboptimal" metis team that's still doing like 10k skill damage.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Yeah, I don't have many good thunder units but I did manage to pull a Sera so I've been using the team at number 4 in the link with Rams and Sera

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Taq_2LE4PHXr6vN3_JIoLJDBuGY_q6HlczALsWi9AtQ/preview?pru=AAABftKtvqc*wNM8oAtPEsb24rLGWEo67Q

It varies wildly in damage, from as low as 8 million to as high as 39 milllion, but I think it mainly depends on whether we have any people running the Barek (?) Sera Bulleta team at number 1 from the guide because they'll just pop and instakill the boss before I get to do anything

I'm debating pulling some more on the banner to get a Souvi but I don't have a Rakisha and my water roster is truly dire so it might not even be worth it

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 1, 2022

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Crab is def a welcome boss experience after slogs like Golem/Arch and the weird ways auto still likes to die on occasion in Lich/WT, though i'm sure i can eventually run into auto wipes since i've seen clears drag out to 2min in bad bells. kinda like how WT wipes are more likely after you hit the 90s mark when he'll start clawing just above the flippers.

haven't looked if these weapons will meaningfully change things but i'm doubtful, just ready for a change from running Klaus. guess i should hope for Souvi from daily pulle.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

I don't have any of those book weapons, so I'm running Barrek/Clarisse, SSS/Mushroom, Sera/Bulletta. But I'm failing too often for my liking, so I'm wondering if I should toss the mushroom out for a healer and just cope with the reduced damage.

Also who's that black robot I'm suddenly seeing all over the place? Is the game continuing its streak of denying me loads of important 4*s?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that's Rudy and her rateup was the Carla/Remnith banner i assume most people didn't roll. she's only been in the general pool for a month since then so i wouldn't expect to have her

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

She's a Thunder 4* that is pretty much a must on Fever teams if you have her (even off-element as a secondary since her A1/A2 are element agnostic), her A1 gives +100 to the Fever gauge whenever a Mecha unit uses their skill (up to 5 times), her S2 gives the whole party an ATK buff whenever entering fever (up to 50% ATK), and if she's a main unit, whenever entering Fever she gives a separate ATK buff to all Thunder units (up to 60%) as well as +20% skill gauge fill. And her skill deals damage and grants allies a 10s Float buff. That said, she's not like a 'you gotta pull for her' level of must, just more of a 'if you have her, use her' type deal.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

And she looks cool, which is very important.

Thanks, alright I'll just keep plugging away with my Barrek team. Seems to do the job, most of the time at least.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I don’t have any Thunder 5s except Inaho so I’m just gonna get carried

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

AweStriker posted:

I don’t have any Thunder 5s except Inaho so I’m just gonna get carried

Mino teams are good and don't require any 5*, i wouldn't describe them as needing to be carried. definitely prefer them in bells over Metis teams since fever is not a good co-op mechanic lol.

i guess Cag is listed in a lot of the Mino guides but there's nothing outstanding about her versus Fiora who you probably have.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

my only Thunder 5* before getting Barrek and Sera was loving Xmas Sushi which, well, :v:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Godly hermit king is easy so I wouldn’t worry about it. My thunder Rams team is probably my weakest element (no luck on barrak or the new thunder lady) and I still sail through. Somehow golem is still the hardest boss

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Good lord I'm hoping that at some point some meta-breaking unit lets me auto Godly Golem.

e: and that team better include Selene, who has to turn up eventually. I need all the characters with neat hats (and direct hit is fun to play).

PatentPending fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 1, 2022

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

PatentPending posted:

Good lord I'm hoping that at some point some meta-breaking unit lets me auto Godly Golem.

e: and that team better include Selene, who has to turn up eventually. I need all the characters with neat hats (and direct hit is fun to play).

I can auto it pretty reliably with my NY Ellya team but it’s the only boss that will still chaos dunk me off the board every once in a while

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

I can auto it pretty reliably with my NY Ellya team but it’s the only boss that will still chaos dunk me off the board every once in a while

What's the team? I have NYEllya, haven't touched her though.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

PatentPending posted:

What's the team? I have NYEllya, haven't touched her though.

It's just the current water SD team from this guide, but with Liesel instead of Cipher, because I don't have her, and less good weapons because I haven't ground those out yet

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1po4TS0O_eNtxYym4NEfWVYWfZYQtev_adSoixS1gL3Q/edit

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Why do people keep trying to bring Soushiro teams to Golem fights :psyduck:

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Cheers. I don’t have Rakisha, and neither of my current teams last 30 seconds on auto, so I guess I’ll just keep manualling until I can buy out his weapons and then never touch the fight again. In fact I’m pretty close to being able to cash out all my purple coin shards and be done with it.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

PatentPending posted:

Cheers. I don’t have Rakisha, and neither of my current teams last 30 seconds on auto, so I guess I’ll just keep manualling until I can buy out his weapons and then never touch the fight again. In fact I’m pretty close to being able to cash out all my purple coin shards and be done with it.

Are you running Faf? That little dragon will tank most of that fight for you if you’re having survivability issues. I got rid of him in favor of pure damage but he’s basically the key to surviving that fight with an underdeveloped team

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, I just remembered that he was absolutely necessary at the start, but I’d taken him out at some point. Putting him back in and shuffling the remaining folks around has got me staying alive through the fight, at least - though I’m getting carried more than I’d like.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, if you've got a Faf/Enni pair in your lineup that will greatly increase your survivability. there should be ways to make Walter or Clara work similarly, and water has a couple healing options depending on your luck.

efb. water still sucks overall so don't worry about being carried too much. fwiw most teams ditching Faf are doing so on the back of lobbies having multiple Lisels and running either Rak or Cypher for their res buffs, so at least for now you'd want to weigh those things. the crab shield might change things in the near future.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 1, 2022

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

For golem, I still get by fine with my old Sharon pf team. Use two healers and faf. There are a lot of much stronger water teams now, so I've noticed golem fights are a lot shorter than they used to be.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
17 days of not getting a 5 star, let's go

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a couple days of free stinky fire characters (good luck on Rolf all)

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Well those are my 2 free 10-pulls on this banner and I remain Rolfless. Ouch, my heart, it is broken.

It's generous of them to give freebies on the very powerful new Neph, though. I've been saving orbs for the banner (because I missed out on Bulleta, who turned up when I was pulling for that thunder cyborg lady, so... I'm not sure where that leaves me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Congratulations to all of you who have made it this far, the game is going to get significantly better and more engaging from here on out. Personally I'm surprised that I've been able to stick with this one for this long. This is a pretty good time to start playing, lurkers