Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which horse film is your favorite?
This poll is closed.
Black Beauty 2 1.06%
A Talking Pony!?! 4 2.13%
Mr. Hands 2x Apple Flavor 117 62.23%
War Horse 11 5.85%
Mr. Hands 54 28.72%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
2011, huh?

I have a question about N95 vs surgical masks. I get the 95% thing, but are the surgical masks really that bad? Is there an article that gets into the why and how?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Epic High Five posted:

There's a lot of ways to be a skeptic in all degrees of faith, but if I had to pick one of the more common dismissals of anything and everything that frustrates me especially it's "I'm doing my own research" which 100% does not in fact include even pre-prints

Just quoting this so it doesn't get buried at the end of the last page

If you're not sure where it'd fit in Games but you're interested in maybe seeing if people there may also enjoy it, reach out to a mod there (or I can do so on your behalf) and they'll know for sure

VideoGames is arguably the best mod on the forums. Send him a note and I'm sure he'll be very supportive.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Man...Moderna booster is no joke. First two shots I just felt like I got punched. This is different. It's really sore. Hurts to walk and hurts to just move my arm.

Worth it!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Man...my shoulder hurts.

Can someone explain why this third Moderna half-shot is so painful? There's even a small amount of swelling around the injection site.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

The way it was explained to me is that it's almost entirely tissue damage, so things like how skilled the nurse/doctor is, and the diameter of the needle, matter. When I got my first shot I didn't even feel the needle, and I wasn't looking so when the nurse said "OK you're done!" I did a double take. The second shot though was administered by a different nurse and my shoulder was sore for a day or two.

Ah. The woman who did my shot did it in a different way than I've ever had before. It didn't hurt when she did it, but her technique was kinda strange. She kept squeezing the area before and during the shot. I guess to try to make a piddly little shot not hurt or something.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How do you deal with getting a test for a flight? I understand the 72 hours before a flight requirement. What I don't understand is how to get it done. I contacted Kaiser and was told they can't guarantee a result in time. You'd think they would guarantee a 24-48 hour turnaround so you aren't waiting for a possible result at the airport. Or even so you can go to a private facility to pay obscene amounts for a $20 test.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Biden sucks but it's a total joke to be saying he is worse than Trump. Trump created a huge mess. Biden has attempted to clean it. While the rest of the world was trying to protect their citizens, Trump was hoping to kill off the non-fascists. If Trump had Omicron or Delta to deal with, we'd probably all be dead right now.

How's that for hyperbole?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The federal government has very little power in our stupid country when tons of states and counties are straight up defying anything Biden says. Trump created this mess.

You can blame Biden all you want but he didn't start this. And you are lying if you think things would have been worse if the whole thing started 10 months ago rather than 22.

If Trump had to deal with Delta or Omicron you really think things would be better? That's basically what you are saying by saying that Biden has been worse.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/CalNurses/status/1479905722712395778?t=nxktrYh9YQelT_HL0FosPQ&s=19

Biased source, obviously, but this kind of seems blatantly insane? Seems like an incredibly ill omen for the health of Cali's hospital systems!

e: another thing I have always wondered is how exactly are they defining asymptomatic? Is there a specific temperature threshold? Just a smell test?

My gf just told me about this and is freaking out. She works in a healthcare field. This is utter insanity.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

UCS Hellmaker posted:

People deciding they don't want to be paid pennies to deliver pizzas isn't the system breaking down

What about the pizza place raising prices by 40 percent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Covid-19: Denmark doesn't just have LEGOs any more