Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Okay so this is how it works. Post something that you are ashamed of, self-conscious about, or outright feel guilty over; but if it is what makes you guilty just now make it something where you either know the guilty feelings are silly but still can't shake or where the guilt outweighs your fault in your own estimation. Don't confess to premeditated murder or anything. Also don't dredge up uncomfortable things just to contribute to the thread: those tight jeans you rocked all through sixth grade to hide erections but actually made everyone take notice? Leave that behind friend. You have my permission.

The next poster will reply with the following: "Who cares?" Just that. Exactly those two words phrased as a question. Variations like "who cares" are acceptable. Other languages are also fine as long as the sister phrase is just two words long.

They will then be free to make their own contribution in a following, separate post (:justpost:) or give someone else a turn, knowing they've played their part in the posting therapy with just two syllables.

Okay enough rules. Have a go. This thread may fall flat but I feel kind of nice having thought of the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bright Bart

Who cares?

Bright Bart

Also I Google Image Searched for taxsaver shirt and didn't get much except non-shirt advertising material and novelty shirts like kid-sized "I am my parents' tax saver".

Bright Bart

I had a friend in elementary school that I was a jerk to without realizing it. That was because I was a jerk in general without realizing it. My only partial defence is that I lived in a harsh environment where relationships were more transactional and you also tried to take as much as you can while giving as little as you can. The concept of real friendship was kind of foreign to me. So with this kid who lived in a decidedly working class neighbourhood but was still better off than me and who had less of a broken home situation, I would take advantage. At least once when we got in serious trouble I blamed it on him and he took it without getting back at me. I didn't thank him. Was just happy I got away with it. And I would guilt-trip him into getting me better presents than the junk I bought because "your family has more money than mine".

Years later I found him on FB and apologized. He accepted though seemed confused as he couldn't remember me being a jerk. That last part made me feel bad because it means he was nice enough to not even see others being a jerk or self-serving.

It's been decades and while I think I am not a jerk anymore I still recall how I acted and cringe.