Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

HonorableTB posted:

I have seen a lot of people saying there is a correlation between the general declining quality of Blizzard games with the wave of veteran departures over the last few years. Yet, the lawsuit tells us the people most responsible for the harassment and it's uh..it's the veterans that left. The veterans who created a global juggernaut with WoW, redefined the RTS genre multiple times with Starcraft and Warcraft, redefined ARPGs with Diablo, and were widely known for the high quality bar for launching a game. This directly clashes with the bemoaning of "the old blizzard wouldn't have done this" because it was the old blizzard that did the cube crawls and sexpesting.

From what I've been hearing out of a few ex-Blizzard people I've spoken to in the last couple of years, they're separate issues.

The picture that was painted for me was that the Activision end of the partnership was actively trying to wring as much money out of every facet of the business as possible, which created issues with the ongoing games like Overwatch's lootboxes, the mismanagement of Heroes of the Storm, and the general malaise of World of Warcraft. That pressure eventually resulted in a years-long talent drain that only made the problems worse, and now here we are.

That was happening on top of the sex-pesting and general rot, not because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU