Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

webmeister posted:

Gone already, what did they say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Well Bungie is the problem just not the same problem.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kanos posted:

Keighley going up and giving an extremely vague "we do not tolerate abuse and harassment" statement after an introduction plastered with Ubisoft games and then immediately being followed up by the voice actor for the dude from Far Cry 6 to give an announcement sure was a moment.

What did the voice guy from far cry do?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Roblox is fuckin disgusting.

Holy poo poo.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://youtu.be/pDOgMkOme4E

His number #1 is a pretty good call tbh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im not defending the evil CEO but this thread should have facts and sources being posted in it and not shitposting speculation about the evil CEO being a pedophile imo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Clarste posted:

I use discord as an image host because uploading a picture to discord is slightly easier than uploading to imgur.

:same: but also for short movie clips I can post here easily.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I already do that every day so this will be pretty easy for me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

California is actively hostile to small businesses and does everything it can to stomp them out in favor or the large corps.

Nothing shocks me anymore

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Come Microsoft buy them and put all their poo poo on gamepass for us.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mutata posted:

Why would you jump to that particular conclusion?

I realize you’ve been on this site for quite a while and I’m sure you know the answer to that question.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Can’t you stream to both at the same time?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ErrEff posted:

Square-Enix has spent many years building brand new offices for Eidos and Crystal Dynamics and expanding the teams so this is a bizarre change in strategy, especially the sale price. And even stranger is how it’s going to Embracer instead of… almost anyone else. Also marks a change in strategy for them as they’ve mainly focused on soaking up smaller indie studios up until now.

SE’s plans to become the world’s leading producers of licensed Marvel video games backfired hard.

Tbf to Embracer it’s one hell of a deal they scored here.

It’s too good to pass up imo. It’s nearly fire sale prices for everything.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

We are now mathematically diverse.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rarity posted:

Er, loving how?

Math

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah but you can’t argue with math.

Check and mate.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

So is seven the max?

Why

The math doesn’t work out if you go higher.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Eej posted:

The funny thing is that "healing is for girls" is actually represented in the analysis where 0 is all male and 5 is all female, they come in at a score of 3.33 while tank and DPS are basically equal at 2.1.

Feelin pretty smug about my female whm in ff14 rn

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Eej posted:

it's not a good thing!!

The math says it is though.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rarity posted:

I know plenty of black people and Asian people and Latino people but I don't know any robot people

I’ve met a few engineers.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Yes I saw Bust Rodd's post. I'm not saying it's the parent's fault and not Blizzard's fault but also it is a little bit of the parent's fault.

I feel like it’s a lot of the parents fault here. Like someone said this happened over the course of years so how TF do you not pay enough attention to see it?

Also $300 over that long is barely the cost of a monthly MMO subscription.

Maybe Blizzard should have some built in parental controls for hearth stone but I’d love to know what portion of the HS population are even underage.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Bentai posted:

For sure, as it stands right now to me, this is entirely in "bad/absent parenting" territory.

Well at least they will have it in writing that they are a bad parent lol

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I am a little surprised that the guy is going to court over $300 spent over multiple years tbh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Usually those stories are more like $300/hr of spending

Yeah its just such a lame story which makes it even more funny tbh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

It seems like Quantic Labs (one of the larger QA firms) has been having some issues for a while now. A whistleblower sent in some documents about their shady practices.

https://youtu.be/FEarLGfqhvo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I legit have no idea what the hell I’m looking at here.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Endorph posted:

the romancing saga mobage, of all things, is making them a crazy amount of money

Which game is this?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Item Getter posted:

Is there a short way to summarize for someone unfamiliar with the game why original FF14 was bad and how they fixed it and turned it into a successful game? People always bring it up in a really matter of fact way and it always makes me curious what they are talking about since it seems like an interesting story.

Short? Eh not really lol it’s a bit of a story ( a really good one honestly) if you have time for a video though I can recommend the no clip series.

https://youtu.be/Xs0yQKI7Yw4

It’s a fantastic watch and very well done.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pentyne posted:

Wait, wasn't FF11 also a massive disaster at launch?

The US launch wasn’t so great but I wouldn’t call it a disaster.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Catgirl Al Capone posted:

iirc one of the reasons was ff11 required a ps2 hard drive which not everyone had or were willing to get

Also the PC version was incredibly draconian. Like no alt tabbing or windowed mode.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Nephrite posted:

This one - Romancing Saga: Re; Universe

It's basically a passion project of Akitoshi Kawazu and has apparently been responsible for sales of old Saga games going up in the west.

Ah ok I thought that was it. I used to play it but I didn’t think it was that big of a success

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Magmarashi posted:

Completely seriously, which thread is it where it's OK to ask how someone can have a 6 year rap sheet with at least 1 infraction every single month and yet they're still getting 6ers, cause that's what actually confuses me

QCS

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is pretty lol from another thread.

quote:

Assassin's Creed Mirage is getting an AO rating (yes, really), the first console game to be intentionally sold this way, because of an NFT marketplace that the ESRB considers real gambling.

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/assassins-creed-mirage/9n4096hx1wwq

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MikeJF posted:

There was an AO on the reveal trailer on the Ubi Forward event stream.

Yeah its just an NFT of an AO rating so its not real

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

More of the hardware side of gaming, but according to Gamers Nexus, EVGA is terminating their agreements with Nvidia and will not be producing 40 series cards - or any GPUs in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV9QES-FUAM

Yeah this is pretty wild honestly.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah this leaker isn’t nearly as smart as they think they are.

There’s like 0 way they don’t find out who it is.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Play stupid games win stupid prizes

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

stev posted:

There's no prizes for playing GTAO though????

Well thats why you hack it!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Vikar Jerome posted:

Just so everyone is up to speed on the hacker and how they did this:

-They claim to have done the uber hack the other day
-They claim to be 18 years old
-It sounds like they are from UAE based on gtaforum info
-Both the uber hack and the rockstar hack was done by getting into their slack by posing lol as an IT manager lmao and asking two dumbass employees for their login data at both companies lololol
-hacker claims they had no idea a leak for the newest entry in a very popular game that people have been waiting near 10 years to see would go viral.
-hacker claims to have gta5 and 6 source codes but wants 5 digits for gta5sc (hes loving 18 remember, he is lowballing, no idea what hes doing here lol) and he is not selling gta6 but wants rockstar to contact him, assumingly for ransom.
-a cryptobro got scammed out of 100k of apes or whatever the gently caress it is.
-hacker has deleted their telegram because they believe their location to be compromised. Still posting on gtaforums but now bunch of fake accounts have sprung up on twitter fighting each other over who the real hacker is while they claim to "unleash hell" tomorrow if rockstar doesnt pay the ransom. This is real life.

lol pretty great imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Add another one to the pile

https://www.resetera.com/threads/diablo-iv-leaked-beta-gameplay-footage.633611/