Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Slow news day in Blizz-land I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

SirSamVimes posted:

(this is probably the most egregious example in the game though)

I really wish my bunny gal could wear Dragoon armor without a gaping hole asking to be stabbed Sylvanas style.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

That Jen Oneal cut+paste.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Bust Rodd posted:

People just letting their kids have access to their bank cards/credit cards unsupervised is some absolutely insane suburban middle class insanity the likes of which I cannot comprehend. My mother needed me to make a protracted federal case on behalf of one single minute using it to call in to the Nintendo Power hotline. The idea that you’d just leave your 7 year old with your bank credentials live on Fortnite and they would be free to cosmetics and booster packs or loot boxes to their hearts content just seems absolutely alien to me and my childhood experience and the solution seems INSANELY obvious to me.

Yea in general I agree, it's an absolutely insane thing for a parent to do.

THAT BEING SAID!

There were two times I got burned by my kids because I was a dumb dumb. My daughter, when she was like...4 or something, was watching Adventure Time on a Kindle Tablet. When she was done with it I grabbed it to put it away and noticed that she bought like 4 seasons of Adventure Time. It was kind of whatever because they were 20 bucks each or whatever and Adventure Time is a pretty great show, but I immediately put parental locks on the Amazon account and Kindle in general.

When my son was...I don't know maybe 6 was getting upset because we were on a pretty long drive to go camping, so I put on a Sonic endless runner and gave it to him. I then started to get a ton of email notifications on my watch and he had somehow spent $600(!!!) dollars on loving Sonic the Hedgehog rings! I immediately grabbed the phone and put parental payment options on. I had to eventually do a chargeback because Sega and Google didn't give a poo poo. When I did the chargeback Google sent me an email saying if I ever did another chargeback again my entire Google account would be deleted, so that was fun.

So yea, in a moment of absent mindedness it can happen but complaining about $300 dollars over a few years is kind of silly, like I spent more on Magic The Gathering in one year when I was a kid.