Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
If SFV hadn't been Literally Street Fighter it would have been dead and forgotten within a month. It was real bad. (I haven't kept up with it, so I can't speak for how it is now.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Herstory Begins Now posted:

You know that borderlands actually predates diablo 3 by several years? Destiny has pretty much self-developed their loot system from the ground up and division was basically just a mishmash of industry standard stuff by the time it was made afaik. never played outriders, can't speak to that. Really those are all self-developed in basically every significant way and there's very little to tie back to a specific game as the origin.

Ironically for how little the game persisted, dungeon siege was a pretty outsized influence on where arpg/looter itemization went in the early 2000s and then borderlands probably did the next turning of the wheel. Torchlight also bridged some stuff, though idk how much anyone would acknowledge torchlight influencing their game design lol

Dungeon Siege is one of the games in this genre I have never played and I don't know what came from it. What was influential about its itemization?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Saw it before it got hidden

Basically some unknown group bought the source code for 100k worth of crypto

To what?